Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Man, look at the variety of bottled water available to Obama. Should the president really be so overly decadent when a majority of American families are forced to drink out of garden hoses? I think not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mdemone posted:

I don't even know where to begin with this. Comparing Joyce and Pynchon is like assessing the relative redness of emotional states. They're not even playing the same fuckin' sport.

I always thought anger is a deep red while impotent rage is more towards the purple. :getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ISIS wins Best Foreign Language Film.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

euphronius posted:

ISIS wins Best Foreign Language Film.

Pretty sure their films are in English.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I always thought anger is a deep red while impotent rage is more towards the purple. :getin:

I always found impotent rage to be a pale white, like white knuckles white.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thank you for fact checking my joke, mr pendant

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

euphronius posted:

don't you mean pedant

:negative:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 4, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

*in richard attenborough voice* welcome...to d&d

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

forbidden lesbian posted:

*in richard attenborough voice* welcome...to d&d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFy8QkNWWs

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Richard, David; whatever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol so this place where I go to lunch has a tap to pay system for credit cards and the company's name is Isis. Today they had clipped out the word Isis from all the little promo placards.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

zoux posted:

Lol so this place where I go to lunch has a tap to pay system for credit cards and the company's name is Isis. Today they had clipped out the word Isis from all the little promo placards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softcard

They changed names.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Man, look at the variety of bottled water available to Obama. Should the president really be so overly decadent when a majority of American families are forced to drink out of garden hoses? I think not.

I get to drink from the fire hose!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Caliphate of Credit Cards

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In 1933 GM unveiled the ill-fated Chevy Hitler sedan.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The fuhrer in family sedans.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gail Wynand posted:

anyone want some noodles

A white person cooked this.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 4, 2014

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Gail Wynand posted:

anyone want some noodles

This doesn't look appetizing at all. Why isn't it on a plate, at the very least, and what's with the color balance?

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm curious if Archer will address the elephant in the room once it starts airing again.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Today has just been a great day for John Kerry photos.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is..is he the only one that sees that little helicopter?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
There's a tiny little KERRY/EDWARDS 2004 banner hanging from it

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

zoux posted:

oh come on now it would have to be the Ford Hitler

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

zoux posted:

:eng101: Actually, Ford was the crazy car manufacturer who had a portrait of Hitler in his office, and was awarded the Verdienstorden vom Deutschen Adler by the Third Reich.

Or was that the joke :ohdear:

e: drat you Nintendo Kid

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 4, 2014

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Nintendo Kid posted:

oh come on now it would have to be the Ford Hitler

VW :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I intentionally didn't make the Ford joke because the whole point of the joke was that it was unwitting!

I know about Ford I know he sent Hitler 50k deutschmarks for his birthday every year.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

I intentionally didn't make the Ford joke because the whole point of the joke was that it was unwitting!

I know about Ford I know he sent Hitler 50k deutschmarks for his birthday every year.

That would've been what about 10 bucks in interwar Germany? I thought Ford liked Hitler and didn't want to make fun of him and his country.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Yeah, but did your head of government spiritually commune with Hitler and, after meeting him in Berlin, describe him as "a man of deep sincerity and a genuine patriot," who had "a very nice, sweet smile," and had eyes of a "liquid quality [...] which indicates keen perception and profound sympathy."? Didn't think so!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dreylad posted:

Yeah, but did your head of government spiritually commune with Hitler and, after meeting him in Berlin, describe him as "a man of deep sincerity and a genuine patriot," who had "a very nice, sweet smile," and had eyes of a "liquid quality [...] which indicates keen perception and profound sympathy."? Didn't think so!

Ford was right, imo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Third Reich had a strong Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
They told him to be more like LBJ:

No, no with other politicians...

Oops.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's continue this conversation in the men's room...

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shear Modulus posted:

That would've been what about 10 bucks in interwar Germany? I thought Ford liked Hitler and didn't want to make fun of him and his country.

nah the money was stabilized by the mid 20s.

so for example, in 1926-1932 1 dollar would get you an average of 4.20 marks (going as little as 4.19 and as high as 4.23 during that period)

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I was trying to find a clip of the scene in Sixteen Candles where Sam's Aunt reaches in and feels her up while saying, "Oh look, Sam's getting her boobies!" It looks exactly like that.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hedera Helix posted:

This doesn't look appetizing at all. Why isn't it on a plate, at the very least, and what's with the color balance?

I'm assuming the reason it's not on a plate is the reason you would want to eat it. It's greasy street food served on paper to absorb the excess grease. Drink liberally and then scarf that down, then drink some more.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Texas is open for the Business!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

zoux posted:

Ford was right, imo.

ford didn't write all that!

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
You people are heathens if you can't appreciate hokkien mee. It's loving hokkien mee! It is what it is. Fried noodles are a thing over here and they're legit good. Presentation isn't a big deal most of the time in the developing world (callin' u out Singabore), you have to go for what the food is and what it tastes like, not what garnish it has and whether the plate it's served on enhances the experience. We have artisanal and gourmet crap too, but like everywhere it's nowhere near as good as the down and dirty original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dreylad posted:

ford didn't write all that!

Bush was also right imo.

• Locked thread