Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
My guess for how Cap is going to fix this (if he's the one to fix this) is going to be some sort of multiversal cooperation to take the themes from Infinity and go exponentially bigger. A million universes fail and die alone, but a million universes cooperating could probably fix pretty much anything. (infinity infinity gauntlets). It seems like only something along that sort of scale would be the only appropriate resolution to this.

It'll be really dumb if someone just makes a magic reality fixing machine and poof, problem solved, but hopefully Hickman isn't that much of a cop-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's going to be like Doctor Who except it's 12 Caps from different timelines and universes simultaneously punching the multiverse.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's going to be like Doctor Who except it's 12 Caps from different timelines and universes simultaneously punching the multiverse.
Superboy Prime was right.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It should end with a Cap / Sun God team up. The way things are headed, I think we're going to start seeing hints of the resolution soon.

All these universes blowing Earths up are not the solution because they don't address the problem which is the early death of everything. I believe this only happens when Earths collide and both universes are destroyed. Destroying an Earth spares the universes so theoretically destroying ALL Earths should actually be a solution by removing the incursion point entirely.

This of course is probably not a good way to go about it. So if removing variables from the equation isn't the way go to they need to add to the equation. I've said it before, but creating a universe should be a counter to an incursion. There's a space between universes where things can be (Hyperion survived 2 universes dying, the map makers work from this said). Hell, we've seen that when a universe is destroyed all it does is wipe the slate of everything and the "space" is still there. (Nazi Reed)

Hickman has been playing the the themes of Life and Death but only giving us Death. My guess is we're going to be introduced to one of the final factions after this month and that how they deal with incursions is the "correct" or at least close enough to get the Illuminati to figure it out.

At this point, even if they do end up meeting with the destroyer the incursion themselves are probably beyond him. If they're not and he's using them to feeds power up then there's no conceivable way you can beat something that has benefited from the deaths of countless universes.

My last hope before it all ends is that we see some of the BIG players jump in and do anything. Order, Chaos, Eternity and the rest of the cosmic order have to be somewhat aware of this poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should just let 616 die then have Franklin fix it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Heroes Reborner

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat time traveling comic book writers keep stealing my ideas.

Okay, we have Wonder Man sneak into Rabum Alal's fortress and break his vow of pacifism to shoot him with one of Fury's god killing bullets from Original Sin.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SirDan3k posted:

Heroes Reborner

Breaking and fixing a universe just so Clint can hear again, again, seems a little excessive.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Franklin hates deaf people.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My last hope before it all ends is that we see some of the BIG players jump in and do anything. Order, Chaos, Eternity and the rest of the cosmic order have to be somewhat aware of this poo poo.

Didn't Tony run into a dead celestial in like issue 8 or something? I think they are aware of it.

As for using the Gauntlet for a better solution rather than stopping an incursion, just summoning the Gauntlet got the attention of the Watcher, Thanos, and Galactus. Using it in a more public, visible way probably would've gotten a lot more attention.

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Didn't Tony run into a dead celestial in like issue 8 or something? I think they are aware of it.

It was the living tribunal wasn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Flergatron 3000 posted:

It was the living tribunal wasn't it?

Not anymore.

I keep waiting for a follow up to that.

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

^^

I would love someone to make a list of all the unresolved stuff in avengers & New Avengers so far.

d00gZ posted:

The thing is, it's Hickman, which means that he probably thought of the resolution first. I dunno, I can't get that worried considering how incredibly well Fantastic Four/FF and Secret Warriors hung together in the end.
On the other hand, his Ultimates was great up until the ending.

Iggles fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 5, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Iggles posted:

^^

I would love someone to make a list of all the unresolved stuff in avengers & New Avengers so far.

On the other hand, his Ultimates was great up until the ending.

I am pretty sure that he did not write the end, it was "co-written" by Humphries

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I think Hickman's contribution was scribbled on a napkin and signed - seeya in the real marvel universe poo poo lords.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The final panel of Avengers is a photo of Hickman pointing at you, the reader, shouting "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

First Bass posted:

The final panel of Avengers is a photo of Hickman pointing at you, the reader, shouting "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD!"

Its the final page from Wanted.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Iggles posted:

^^

I'll start:

• The Rogue Planet: It provides energy... what for?
  • Tony's Dyson Sphere Planet-Buster Super-Chekhov's-Gun
  • Captain Universe's fragmented mind (Although I don't think this is really unresolved I think it's pretty clear that it's just a metaphor for showing how there's something clearly wrong with the universe)
  • Where did Thane and Ebony Maw take off to?
  • Nightmask: Will he ever do something? I mean, he's supposedly on the Avengers and he's appearing in Avengers World but he never seems to do anything.
  • IIRC, Doctor Spectrum of The Great Society was still on Earth 616 when Strange went Cthulhu-mode and killed the rest of her team and then Namor blew up her world. Is she still alive and if so, what's she up to?
  • Doom obviously knows something is going on after mapmakers attacked Latveria, so what's he gonna do?

Obviously this is nowhere near complete and some of these are jokes, but still.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

TwoPair posted:

I mean, he's supposedly on the Avengers and he's appearing in Avengers World but he never seems to do anything.
That's the beauty of it! :v:

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I'll start:

• The Rogue Planet: It provides energy... what for?
  • Tony's Dyson Sphere Planet-Buster Super-Chekhov's-Gun
  • Captain Universe's fragmented mind (Although I don't think this is really unresolved I think it's pretty clear that it's just a metaphor for showing how there's something clearly wrong with the universe)
  • Where did Thane and Ebony Maw take off to?
  • Nightmask: Will he ever do something? I mean, he's supposedly on the Avengers and he's appearing in Avengers World but he never seems to do anything.
  • IIRC, Doctor Spectrum of The Great Society was still on Earth 616 when Strange went Cthulhu-mode and killed the rest of her team and then Namor blew up her world. Is she still alive and if so, what's she up to?
  • Doom obviously knows something is going on after mapmakers attacked Latveria, so what's he gonna do?

Obviously this is nowhere near complete and some of these are jokes, but still.

There's still two unresolved plots from the Origin Sites that Ex Nihlo made back at the beginning of Hickman's run:

• What happened to Validator and what was the thing she was protecting that made her dad kill himself?
  • What happened to the robot from the Origin Site in Norway that AIM stuck between dead universes after it defeated the Avengers?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Galactus stated in an issue of Hickman's FF that the Celestial Seed at the center of the Earth holds an aberration, a thing to fix something that isn't broken, that if hatched would be something akin to him with a hunger for consumption but immature and out of control. If all the alternate earths have this seed then could this event be set in motion to destroy such a thing and hence all earths or could it be energies consumed in the destruction of universes to feed it?

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Gatts posted:

Galactus stated in an issue of Hickman's FF that the Celestial Seed at the center of the Earth holds an aberration, a thing to fix something that isn't broken, that if hatched would be something akin to him with a hunger for consumption but immature and out of control. If all the alternate earths have this seed then could this event be set in motion to destroy such a thing and hence all earths or could it be energies consumed in the destruction of universes to feed it?

IIRC he was talking about the Galactus Seed and the thing it would replace that wasn't broken was Galactus himself. It was a tie-in to Fractions godawful Thor run where Galactus and Odin got into a pissing match over it, though in that story it was supposed to birth the next universe when the current one dies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That story said Galactus is not telling the truth about why he wants the seed.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

That story said Galactus is not telling the truth about why he wants the seed.

Yeah but Odin was the one who said it would birth the next universe, IIRC.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Horrible Taste posted:

What happened to the robot from the Origin Site in Norway that AIM stuck between dead universes after it defeated the Avengers?

This one was resolved! It joined the Map Makers.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Horrible Taste posted:

Yeah but Odin was the one who said it would birth the next universe, IIRC.

I wonder how that ties into Ragnorak. And also if that births the next universe and Earths are colliding and destroying universes...I wonder if that will be brought up.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Genetic Toaster posted:

This one was resolved! It joined the Map Makers.

IIRC that was the Super-Adaptoids that joined the Map Makers, I don't think we've seen the robot from the Origin Site since AIM trapped it in Avengers #17.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Horrible Taste posted:

IIRC that was the Super-Adaptoids that joined the Map Makers, I don't think we've seen the robot from the Origin Site since AIM trapped it in Avengers #17.

:doh: My mistake.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Aphrodite posted:

No sir, all THIRTEEN.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I just learned the Avengers Undercover ends on the tenth. :toot:

You know, in case anyone cares. Maybe the teen heroes can be written by somebody who's not utterly Hopeless now?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

No, they are going blame the characters not the writer for the book's failure and they will be shelved until they need somebody to go evil or die.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

To be fair most of the characters haven't sold well in years either.

That reminds me that Arena happened and the X-23 scenes in Bendis' books are actually meant to be a reaction to that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Of all the complaining people do about Avengers Arena, Cammi and X23 were pretty drat cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Spiderdrake posted:

To be fair most of the characters haven't sold well in years either.

That reminds me that Arena happened and the X-23 scenes in Bendis' books are actually meant to be a reaction to that.

A reaction? I thought it was just Bendis Bendising as hard as Bendisly possible.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blockhouse posted:

A reaction? I thought it was just Bendis Bendising as hard as Bendisly possible.
I mean, yeah, that is how I read it initially - But if you follow the trail back it is supposed to be some niceness to a character who has been horribly dumped on recently. It has just taken a bendisian timetable to get to it, so we all forgot.

I guess what I'm saying is when you contrast the two books Bendis feels as though he likes the characters he is working with. Hopeless felt as though he liked his X-Force team, but his junior Avengers poo poo feels like he hates them and it just comes off as so hollow, spiteful and dull.

I imagine this is why I read Bendis' lackluster stuff and don't feel too bad about it, even when it dark beasts itself right up its own rear end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Laura should replace Wolverine on all the teams after he dies, act exactly like him and have no one say anything. If you can have a lady Thor, you can have a Lady Wolverine.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Laura should replace Wolverine on all the teams after he dies, act exactly like him and have no one say anything. If you can have a lady Thor, you can have a Lady Wolverine.

I would read the gently caress out of Laura Kinney & The X-Men.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Every Hickman issue is a reminder of what could have been in the 30 issues of Secret Warriors that got cut.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hickman is the loving best. Please put him on Spider-man afterwards. Or whatever. I hope he does his own books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

Nope sorry we're stuck with inverted Sabretooth instead

• Locked thread