Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

amuayse posted:

The items I got from firebird spam seem to favor dragon scepter over anything else. Like 1/3rd of the 50+ items I got are these crappy scepters. The game is trying to tell me something.
Maybe there is some kind of link between the paths of the mages in the province and what you get from events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Larz, the text description from unit id 2431 (Titan of Underworld) is wrong, it seems from another Pretender, id 1370.

---

A bigger than normal blue humanoid with tail... A-Avatar?!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Sep 4, 2014

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Can you get some really sweet summons from the R'lyeh gate? Seems like using it isn't worth it. About a third of the time some one gets horror marked, the other third one of my guys gets attacked by the nameless depths creature I was trying to summon. The other third you get 1-2 mediocre units that sometimes can't even leave the province. And occasionally you do something dumb like try to use your racial hero to do it and this happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgKz3VkNRI&t=1392s

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Harrower posted:

Can you get some really sweet summons from the R'lyeh gate? Seems like using it isn't worth it. About a third of the time some one gets horror marked, the other third one of my guys gets attacked by the nameless depths creature I was trying to summon. The other third you get 1-2 mediocre units that sometimes can't even leave the province. And occasionally you do something dumb like try to use your racial hero to do it and this happens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MgKz3VkNRI&t=1392s

Vastness, Visitor, Greater Otherness. Maybe Thing That Should Not Be, Elder Thing and Dweller-in-the-Deep. Recruit a priest starspawn as soon as you can afford to give him some bodyguards and eventually he'll build up enough summoning skill to maybe not gently caress up so much. If he dies before turn 10 or so you might be able to salvage the plan but summoning skill kinda snowballs as far as number and quality of summonings go.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 5, 2014

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

...What happen if you enter in the Arena Deathmatch with an aquatic unit?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

Since I've never heard of everyone drowning because the Arena battles were randomly set underwater, I think the other extreme is at work here:

The aquatic unit will "drown" on land, thus automatically lose. (You get the "drowning"-message even with an aquatic unit dying on land. :v:)

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
What's the button to press to see the province history log thing?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Harrower posted:

Weirdly, you'll get more crazy summons from a low level Starspawn priest but also a higher chance of getting killed. Guys with higher summoning skill usually summon safe stuff like Othernesses.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Larz, Axe of Hate (id 87) shouldn't have Ivy Lord property.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kanthulhu posted:

What's the button to press to see the province history log thing?

"i", I think. "?" on the world map should tell you.

Also:

how did you assholes gently caress this up

:gonk:

Actually you know what I'm not even angry. I've never seen the AI accidentally put together a quasi-supercombatant before, let alone a blind one.

Can you cast Hellbind Heart on prophets?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

No prophets are immune. That guy is a loving badass though. Blind with those scores.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A blind badass Japanese you say? ...Can you rename it to Zatoichi?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Turin Turambar posted:

A blind badass Japanese you say? ...Can you rename it to Zatoichi?

Sadly no. Once a unit gets a heroic ability it's stuck with its current name.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Owni General

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Turin Turambar posted:

You cannot. Only amphibious or land units can enter the Arena. Unless your aquatic unit has a fish amulet he may not enter the Arena; the option simply will not appear.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

This is with Soul Slay researched. Did he just turn into his loving ghost second form and then immediately pop back to normal because it was out of battle?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

scalded schlong posted:

This is with Soul Slay researched. Did he just turn into his loving ghost second form and then immediately pop back to normal because it was out of battle?

Yep, any unit with a secondshape that has a firstshape (aka any unit that changes forms when it dies the first time and then returns to normal after combat if the second form survives) is immune to 1 hit kill remote assassinations as they will just die, change forms and then change back.

I think if you hit him with 2 remote assassinations in a row it will work; I believe it resolves the 'survivors change back to firstshape' after it finishes resolving remote assassinations so the second one might hit him in ghost form.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Time to throw an ashen angel or something at it!

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Try Vengeance of the Dead. Hundreds of zombies will fatigue most of anybody.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Massive Smite Demon communion.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yeah, I've got skratti everywhere so I'm just going to load up on penetration amulets, repurpose my blood slaves, and start smiting. He's currently holed up in a besieged castle not realising he can wipe out the besiegers with ease.

I suspect that his dying will not have lost him his items, although if it has, it'll make him a hell of a lot easier to handle.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

scalded schlong posted:

Yeah, I've got skratti everywhere so I'm just going to load up on penetration amulets, repurpose my blood slaves, and start smiting. He's currently holed up in a besieged castle not realising he can wipe out the besiegers with ease.

I suspect that his dying will not have lost him his items, although if it has, it'll make him a hell of a lot easier to handle.

He'll have lost everything but the ring. Oni ghosts have 2 misc slots and nothing else.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Oni Spirits are also undead with 0 enc so fatiguing them to death with Vengeance of the Dead won't work.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Wouldn't you still turn50die though?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
No clue.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Decrepus posted:

Wouldn't you still turn50die though?

Yes, that's why VotD is a guaranteed kill, since the ghosts double with each casting, you'll eventually be unable to kill them fast enough without battlefield spells.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
ghosts don't double anymore

e: Another newbie game is starting

Samog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 6, 2014

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I don't think undead kills count at all in fact; I vengeanced of the deaded a guy who had killed hundreds of skeletons and he only had a few dozen zombies come after him.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Samog posted:

ghosts don't double anymore

Lame

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Astral harpoon while underwater and drown him.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Give the Astral Harpoon to a Monolith, no matter whether the Monolith stays or goes the result is going to be amusing.

Suddenly, Monolith on face!

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

How does casting a spell that gives you more than 200 fatigue work? Does it damage you for 1 point for every 10 fatigue points over 200, like communions do?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

garth ferengi posted:

How does casting a spell that gives you more than 200 fatigue work? Does it damage you for 1 point for every 10 fatigue points over 200, like communions do?

In Dom3 you could only go to 200 fatigue from casting your own spell but I don't know if they changed that.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that 200 fatigue is still the maximum for non-communioned mages.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

I'm working on a mod to tweak/rebalance little silly problems with the game, and make some nice/neat changes to make things a little more interesting. There have been a lot of stupid things that I've noticed in the game, but I can't actually remember what they are, of course. Can anyone think of any things in particular? This is my changelog/todo list so far

quote:

-Jomon now has a guaranteed coastal start, Onmyo-Ji are no longer slow to recruit.
-MA and LA Pythium are switched. For games on GGS, type in nation ID 36 for the new LA Pythium, and 61 for the new MA Pythium.
-Pelagia's Mermages and R'lyeh's Slave Mages no longer have magic path penalties on land.
-Dai Oni max age increased.

-COMING SOON/TO DO
-make marverni elder druids recruit anywhere
-given ea ulm's antlered shamans 1.1 random paths rather than 0.1
-give female units strength on par with their male counterparts

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

garth ferengi posted:

I'm working on a mod to tweak/rebalance little silly problems with the game, and make some nice/neat changes to make things a little more interesting. There have been a lot of stupid things that I've noticed in the game, but I can't actually remember what they are, of course. Can anyone think of any things in particular? This is my changelog/todo list so far

I think Jomon is a weird nation that is weak but right on the brink of being super overpowered, so be careful with those guys.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I suggest giving EA Abyssia's Anathemants some chance to get earth magic, astral, or blood magic. Mainly just earth though since the Annointed are still around.
Also, try giving EA Atlantis's cap a resource bonus or toning down Living Pillars to be less awful.

amuayse fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 6, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
make pillar of fire the same evo research level as thunderbolt

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I've made some fire spells based on Conquest of Elysium's pyromancy school.
Maws of the Earth was in CoE3 before Dom4 interestingly.

Mass Combustion: Everyone on the field is hit by combustion
#newspell
#copyspell "Combustion"
#name "Mass Combustion"
#descr "The caster invokes the elemental plane of fire to reach into the material realm and light every living thing on the battlefield ablaze. This spell does not discriminate between friend or foe."
#path 0 0
#school 2
#researchlevel 6
#pathlevel 0 5
#fatiguecost 400
#aoe 666
#restricted 146
#end

and Meteor: Gifts of Heaven but only 1 meteor and is not super inaccurate

#newspell
#copyspell "Gifts from Heaven"
#name "Meteor"
#descr "The caster manifests a large amount of fire magic into the form of a hurtling meteor. As it is directly controlled by the mage, the meteor is not inaccurate."
#path 0 0
#school 2
#researchlevel 4
#pathlevel 0 3
#fatiguecost 40
#nreff 1
#restricted 146
#precision 1
#end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
What should be my go-to spells or Air 2 battle casting? The only things that seem both spammable and useful at that level are Lightning Bolt and False Fetters, neither of which are particularly wonderful. Crafting boosters for them is too expensive to be worthwhile, especially since I spend a ton of air gems making Owl Quills.

• Locked thread