Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Duke Igthorn posted:

"Early October" here meaning "Early September"

I don't think it's wholly unreasonable to parse "early October Surprise" as "an October Surprise, but happening in September instead of October" instead of "an October Surprise that happens in early October."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

hardstyle posted:

Unfortunately I'm guessing the narrative will just be along the lines of "brave patriotic generals going behind 0bummer's back to blow up his ISIS muslim brothers!!! (and just you watch he's too weak to court martial them for it) :downs:"

So a rehash of their Osama justification? drat freep come up with new conspiracy theories.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So, is freep gonna go full RINO on McDonnell, or blame the corrupt liberal justice system tearing down a hero? Or possibly both, maybe even in the same sentence?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Indiana's gay marriage ban ruled unconstitutional; Freep is on the case!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3200561/posts

quote:

To: John W
The Constitution says.... WHATEVER ERIC HOLDER SAYS IT SAYS..
The Supremes are just some black chicks..

3 posted on 9/4/2014 4:01:56 PM by hosepipe (" This propaganda has been edited to include some fully orbed hyperbole.. ")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Just keep on beating that drum there, buddy ol' pal.

quote:

To: SkyDancer
“The challenged laws discriminate against a minority defined by an ‘immutable’ characteristic...”. It’s a choice, not an immutable characteristic. I guess if you tell a lie enough times, people will eventually believe it to be the truth....

5 posted on 9/4/2014 4:06:02 PM by my4kidsdad
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

This was just precious :3:

quote:

According to this line of reasoning no law is Constitutional, or anything brought
about from the rule and wishes of the people. This BS is cause for complete anarchy in our society
and if not stopped the rule of law will only apply to Americans on a per case basis.
Sue the court. Replace the judge. Stop judicial activism.

7 posted on 9/4/2014 4:06:52 PM by MaxMax (Pay Attention and you'll be pissed off too! FIRE BOEHNER, NOW!)

quote:

“”The challenged laws discriminate against a minority defined by an immutable characteristic, and the only rationale that the states put forth with any conviction - that same-sex couples and their children don’t need marriage because same-sex couples can’t produce children, intended or unintended - is so full of holes that it cannot be taken seriously,” the ruling said.”

The only holes in that argument are the holes in secular liberal logic and there are no holes in Biblical Truth.

11 posted on 9/4/2014 4:11:05 PM by Oliviaforever

But they can marry someone from the opposite sex, so what's the problem? :smug:

quote:

There are ZERO states where homosexuals are forbidden to marry.

Homosexuals have identical rights as heterosexuals in marriage and marriage prohibitions.

The judge does not understand discrimination, or licensing, or contracts. Or marriage.

12 posted on 9/4/2014 4:14:05 PM by mbarker12474

I feel like this entire post is so wrong that it has crossed over into self-parody.

quote:

There is no phrase or directly quoted clause in the Constitution or anywhere in the statutes written before 1990 that remotely offers any kind of precedent or context for the interpretation that gay “marriage” was legal or recognized anywhere in the territory once known as “the United States of America”. The penumbral study of the Constitution that yielded this conclusion, that such rights should exist, is only the effect of insufficient illumination, and it is like finding evil spirits lurking just outside the range of vision. When it is put up to a direct vote by the citizens, as an initiative, referendum, or even as a recall, the concept of homosexual “marriage” is rejected, sometimes by a very substantial margin. Yet there seems to be this continuing influence to force this perversion upon the general public. I ask, is this being done only because the movers and shakers think they can compel just about ANY kind of otherwise disagreeable opinion to prevail in the general marketplace?

14 posted on 9/4/2014 4:15:33 PM by alloysteel (Most people become who they promised they would never be.)

A rare moment of awareness, and :argh: to go with it:

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
I expect the Supreme Court (the one we have now) to impose this on the whole country within no less than 2 years. After that, both political parties will rush to be most exuberant in celebrating, and persecutions of dissenters - particularly those who dissent in the name of Christianity - will begin in force. I would be AMAZED at any other scenario.

22 posted on 9/4/2014 4:44:36 PM by madprof98
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

And some :qq:, to finish it off.

quote:

These rulings have no legitimacy; courts have no authority to create new rights and new laws or to redefine fundamental concepts such as marriage. I miss the rule of law.

33 posted on 9/4/2014 5:35:55 PM by Pollster1 ("Shall not be infringed" is unambiguous.)

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

quote:

These rulings have no legitimacy; courts have no authority to create new rights and new laws or to redefine fundamental concepts such as marriage personhood/race/gender. I miss the rule of law.

The same old flow of tears.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsheim posted:

So, is freep gonna go full RINO on McDonnell, or blame the corrupt liberal justice system tearing down a hero? Or possibly both, maybe even in the same sentence?

Nah, it's all a liberal operation to sue/file charges against every prominent republican candidate. Thread is just getting started though so we'll see where it goes.

e: Except for this guy:

quote:

To: nhwingut
No, this is liberals eating their own. For those that do not recall, McDonnell is a pro-abortion tax-and-spend RINO.
8 posted on 9/4/2014 6:55:01 PM by Olog-hai

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"Pro-abortion" McDonnell was the guy who gave us the mandatory trans-vaginal rape wand law, wasn't he?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I want you to watch this adorable dog video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UowkIRSDHfs

Now what do you think the top comment on The Blaze is?

[quote="TEXAS-FREEDOM
- Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:49pm"]

If we had fitted something like this camera harness to Obama two Septembers ago, who might know where he was and what he was doing during the Benghazi attack.
[/quote]

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm not sure which is more adorable the video or the post :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Icon Of Sin posted:

Indiana's gay marriage ban ruled unconstitutional; Freep is on the case!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3200561/posts

These rulings have no legitimacy; courts have no authority to create new rights and new laws or to redefine fundamental concepts such as marriage. I miss the rule of law.

33 posted on 9/4/2014 5:35:55 PM by Pollster1 ("Shall not be infringed" is unambiguous.)

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-passionate-defender-of-what-he-imagines-c,2849/

These guys are just adorable. It's like watching kids/libertarians debate laws.

edit, so is that Benghazi comment.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Classic :freep:
“Grid Jihad”: What If You Had a Week to Prep for the End of the World?

quote:

To: Kartographer
The Mexicans and Central America are already Ravaging America it is over!!!!

4 posted on 9/4/2014 6:24:27 PM by tallyhoe

quote:

I dint think they care about the grids

the grids...arent SHOWY enough

they want to TERRORIZE us.

they want us to SEE Destruction and DEATH....on TV,...and on the Internet

Theyre too CRAZY to do anything that doesnt SCREAM..Look at US..we are ISIS..and we are BAD BOYS!

Those lunatics who planned the attacks on the twin towers could have caused all sort of “mischief” elsewhere....but none of it would have had the TERROR stayng power that the footage.....of those planes hitting the towers did!

10 posted on 9/4/2014 6:31:14 PM by MeshugeMikey (Please RESIGN Mr. President Its the RIGHT thing to do)

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet
The largest army in the world won't be of any use if our grid is taken down. In one week, every store will be looted, and every 18-wheeler will be out of fuel. In two weeks, the USA will descend into a bloodbath. In three weeks, cannibalism will begin in the cities.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/3058882/posts
Link to the full-text Free Republic thread.

23 posted on 9/4/2014 6:46:14 PM by Travis McGee (https://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

I got so much grief over posting this but here goes again:

I don’t know if Ebola, MERS; ISIS or something entirely different will lead to a SHTF event, but with the present ‘Open’ border policy which allows in any number of communicable diseases as well as criminal and terrorist easy access its like leave you front door open in the morning and come home late that night, who knows who or what came in what they did and if they are still lurking about.

There are more than a few FReepers who like to point out how silly they see preparing for a ‘Mad Max’ situation is, but what if it isn’t ‘Mad Max’? What if it is something as simple as being able to shelter in place for 30-60 days while an outbreak runs its course? Could you make it through such a quarantine self imposed or mandator with what you have in your home? If you haven’t thought about it maybe its time. How would you provide for you family if the power was out for a month?

It is your choice you can prep or you can stand around on a bridge waiting for FEMA to bring you a bottle of water, a MRE, a warm blanket and a kiss for your boo-boo and maybe you can even get your picture as you stand there on the national news.

The world is dry tinder just awaiting the right spark.

So listen to what the bible says: A prudent man sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it. NIV Proverbs 22:3

Selco covers this in this article many times people just can not except that a breakdown is occurring even as they watch it happening before their eyes. Why don’t they realize it? It’s caused by a condition called ‘Normalcy Bias’ a mental state people enter when facing a disaster.

It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation.

A good article on ‘Normalcy Bias’ is on our own ChocChipCookies Blog The Survival Mom:

http://thesurvivalmom.com/2010/12/29/normalcy-bias/

You either prepare and stand on your own beholden to no one or you become dependent on others to provide your basic needs and become their ‘serf’. Me I don’t want to be beholden to anyone for providing what is needed for me and mine. I certainly don’t want to have to kiss some ‘gubberment’ third class bureaucratic to try and coax some help from them, I don’t want some ‘jack booted’ thug herding me in line and telling me where to stand, sit, eat or sleep. And last but not least I don’t want to be shut up in with a bunch of ‘zombies’ and have to worry about not only trying to get basic necessities but having to fight to keep what I manage to get.

Just getting started or an old hand you might find my Preparedness Manual helpful. You can download the manual at:

http://tomeaker.com/kart/Preparedness1j.pdf NOTE! THIS IS A FREE DOWNLOAD. I DO NOT MAKE ONE CENT OFF MY PREPAREDNESS MANUAL!

For those of you who haven’t started already it’s time to prepare almost past time maybe. You needed to be stocking up on food guns, ammo, basic household supplies like soap, papergoods, cleaning supplies, good sturdy clothes including extra socks, underwear and extra shoes and boots, cash (I myself have been putting up change for the past few years both for the metal content and the fact that using change places to make what purchases you can will move you down the the list of possible marks during shtf), tools, things you buy everyday start buying two and put one up.

As the LDS say “When the emergency is upon us the time for preparedness has past.”

Again I like to recomend FReeper’s ChocoChipCookie Blog The Survival Mom (Please Blog Police let this one slide!) Where you can get lots of useful information like:

http://thesurvivalmom.com/2011/11/20/8-morale-boosters-for-any-worst-case-scenario/

http://thesurvivalmom.com/2010/02/02/survival-priorities-the-rule-of-three/

And More

Also there is Ferfal’s Blog a survivor of Argentina’s first collapse:

http://ferfal.blogspot.com/

And there is Selco’s Blog a Bosnian War survivor at:

http://shtfschool.com/

“There is no greater disaster than to underestimate danger. Underestimation can be fatal.”

26 posted on 9/4/2014 6:48:00 PM by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")
------------------------------

nucleicmaxid posted:

This tagline super crazy ultra bugs me. Like, ridiculously so. 'Tanstaafl - its not just for breakfast anymore...'

First off, TANSTAAFL is loving capitalized because it's an acronym. Second off, it means There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. You don't eat lunch at breakfast. Third off, it was a time-independent phrase for the most part, it was meant to suggest that you can't get anything for free, ever.
Phila. schools to offer free meals to all students (Applications Not Required)
Kids eating for free?! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!! :argh:

quote:

To: Kid Shelleen
Local school systems in Texas are doing the same thing.
Getting local and state governments away from the federal government trough is hard.

I keep plugging away.

/johnny

2 posted on 9/4/2014 5:00:13 PM by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)

quote:

To: JRandomFreeper
Ticks me off also. And then they throw half the stuff away. About the only thing we got from the school was the DA milk otherwise it was water if you didn’t have the 10 cents for the week. If you got lucky a bologna sandwich otherwise it was PBJ and the jelly was grape because it was cheaper.

Needless to say we didn’t get obese but we sure as heck didn’t starve to death either.

5 posted on 9/4/2014 5:07:55 PM by RetiredTexasVet (If you are reading this then you are probably one of the NWO designated 6.5 billion excess people.)

quote:

Ok, ugh!

Someone produces the food, someone packages it, someone stores it, someone ships it, someone distributes it, someone sells it, someone serves it, someone records the distribution and someone cleans it up

They ALL get paid

It IS NOT FREE

If a mom were to get up and put some leftovers or a little rice and beans into a recyclable covered dish, then it would be practically free, but it is not free

And if my kids did not report that the kids on the “free meal” deal were the ones with the best phones and iPods it would not be as galling

But it IS NOT FREE!

7 posted on 9/4/2014 5:09:50 PM by stanne

quote:

Illegal immigration keeps rocking the nation... Now, just show up for free food paid for with fake Fed dollars!

9 posted on 9/4/2014 5:14:18 PM by backwoods-engineer (Blog: https://www.backwoodsengineer.com)

quote:

Oh... They act so pissed. It is a blockade to communication; a veritable stalwart of ignorance

And zero Ebonics sense

They think ( feel) that the government can print money without collapsing the economy and risking natl security

It still doesn’t make that lunch free

Right?

19 posted on 9/4/2014 5:39:31 PM by stanne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

To: stanne
And I cheat.... Rotten bastard that I am.... I'm pasty white, and usually wearing at least one piece of clothing that shows my last unit identification.
And my grandchildren are of color.... that just kills their narrative when a dark skinned baby walks up and calls me grandpa. ;)

/johnny

20 posted on 9/4/2014 5:42:24 PM by JRandomFreeper (Gone Galt)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

These children will be getting free breakfast, lunch, dinner and a healthy snack at school. Meanwhile, the parents are getting food stamps to provide their food.
The parents are told the kids are getting their healthy food in school...it mostly isn't healthy and fresh cooked. Thus, the parents can use the food stamps to overfeed themselves and provide lots of junk food for the kids.

Brilliant planning. (sarcasm) You'd think that the parents should have to use some food stamps to buy the school meals.

25 posted on 9/4/2014 6:03:28 PM by grania
Now let me rage about Michelle Obama getting kids to exercise and eat healthy!!!!

quote:

School Board is also doing this in Nashville. "Free" lunch and breakfast for all kids.
I was heartened to hear that at my son's school, two thirds of the kids refuse the "free" lunch and still brown bag.

TANSTAAFL!

34 posted on 9/4/2014 6:43:10 PM by Martin Tell (Victrix causa diis placuit sed victa Catoni.)
I think there is a Jesse Helms quote here waiting to be posted...

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

quote:

quote:
To: 2ndDivisionVet
The largest army in the world won't be of any use if our grid is taken down. In one week, every store will be looted, and every 18-wheeler will be out of fuel. In two weeks, the USA will descend into a bloodbath. In three weeks, cannibalism will begin in the cities.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f...s/3058882/posts
Link to the full-text Free Republic thread.

23 posted on 9/4/2014 6:46:14 PM by Travis McGee (http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com)

For those few of you who are unaware, "Travis McGee" here, author of the Enemies Foreign and Domestic series (which is the subject of a fascinating Let's Read over in TFR, by Pitch), seriously believes the bolded part. Specifically, he's convinced that black people will start eating all of us honkies, for reasons I can't pinpoint with certainty but which probably run along the lines of "something something did it all the time in Africa mumble mumble racial gene pool". It's truly :magical:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SatansOnion posted:

For those few of you who are unaware, "Travis McGee" here, author of the Enemies Foreign and Domestic series (which is the subject of a fascinating Let's Read over in TFR, by Pitch), seriously believes the bolded part. Specifically, he's convinced that black people will start eating all of us honkies, for reasons I can't pinpoint with certainty but which probably run along the lines of "something something did it all the time in Africa mumble mumble racial gene pool". It's truly :magical:

You really want to know? It's because that's what they did in The Turner Diaries, to which McGee's work bears more than a passing resemblance.

No, seriously. In The Turner Diaries, inner city blacks just start kidnapping and cannibalizing whites because they're too lazy to seek out honest work by which they'd be able to buy food, and the weak Jew-led federal government won't do anything to stop them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SatansOnion posted:

Well, most Freepers are...how would you put it? Well-marbled. And they'd be tender since they never get any exercise.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

SubponticatePoster posted:

Well, most Freepers are...how would you put it? Well-marbled. And they'd be tender since they never get any exercise.

Freepers are going to be all stringy meat with a layer of fat on top.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Report: Iran Approves Joint Military Action With US Against IS

quote:

To: Olog-hai
Good way to give away military secrets without the public realizing it.

3 posted on 9/5/2014 7:59:32 AM by mountainlion (Live well for those that did not make it back.)

quote:

America is now allied with Iran, and attacking
Israel at points of the Syrian border.

That is why Obama-the-Undocumented First Moslem calls
IS as ISIL.

America has taken the WRONG side.

4 posted on 9/5/2014 8:03:56 AM by Diogenesis (The EXEMPT Congress is complicit in the absence of impeachment)

quote:

This “The enemy of my enemy is my friend” BS is just that.

Bull S—.

The enemy of my enemy is STILL MY ENEMY. Back in the good ol’ days (1980’s) over a million casualties were reported (God knows how many were uncounted) in the Iran/Iraq wars.

Did the US have boot on the ground there? Nope. Nor should we have them now.

But with our HMIC* as pResident - he will drag us into the muslim mud deeper and deepr.

*Head Muslim in Cheif.

6 posted on 9/5/2014 8:05:09 AM by Responsibility2nd (NO LIBS. This Means Liberals and (L)libertarians! Same Thing. NO LIBS!!)

quote:

To: TomGuy
So we’re going to help an enemy attack an enemy that a few months ago we were going to help by bombing its enemy that we said was our enemy, but now we’re going to help that enemy by attacking its enemy that we were going to help.

Got it.

Our foreign policy is more random than a game of Electric Football with the plastic players on the vibrating metal board

18 posted on 9/5/2014 8:28:44 AM by henkster (Do I really need a sarcasm tag?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]
-------------------------
Happy 18th Birthday No Global Warming! After Nearly Two Decades, We're Still Waiting

quote:

To: rktman
Percentage of CO2 in the earths atmosphere: 0.04%

Percentage of methane in the earths atmosphere: 0.00017%

Percentage that terrorists will get nuclear weapons in the coming years and use them: 100%

Yet when it comes to the environment what do liberals obsess about?

2 posted on 9/5/2014 8:00:45 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Hitlery: Incarnation of evil.)

quote:

What’ll get here first? Global warming or that coast-to-coast heterosexual AIDS epidemic they said was coming back in the 80’s...

5 posted on 9/5/2014 8:04:36 AM by massmike ("You only live once, but it does help if you get to be young twice.")
Wait, I thought according to freep every gay man had AIDS?

quote:

Happy 18th Birthday No Global Warming! After Nearly Two Decades, We're Still Waiting
Ha...if the Sun doesn't start making a good crop of sunspots you might have to wait 4 centuries

Last time the 400 year long mini ice age lasted from 1350 to 1750

Remember...Obama lies about everything...so he also lied about global warming.

Any guess as to how many will perish in the new Dalton Minimum...to be called the Obama Minimum.

14 posted on 9/5/2014 8:37:51 AM by spokeshave (He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people,)
-------------------------
Someone’s Suggestion to Obama: Skirt Obstructive GOP, Announce a ‘State of Emergency’

quote:

It’s just an Ebola outbreak away...

4 posted on 9/5/2014 7:54:55 AM by Delta Dawn (Fluent in two languages: English and cursive.)

quote:

So someone urged him to become a full on dictator.

If anybody needs further evidence of the abject insanity of the left, here it is.

7 posted on 9/5/2014 7:58:22 AM by headstamp 2

quote:

To: headstamp 2
Constitution of the Weimar Republic, Article 48 covered the declaration of emergencies.

Precisely how Chancellor Hitler became der fuehrer.

And don’t think they aren’t thinking of it.

26 posted on 9/5/2014 8:22:02 AM by ClearCase_guy ("Harvey Dent, can we trust him?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsdV--kLoQ)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

As far as I’m concerned, if a President declares a national emergency when there is no emergency, he has abdicated the Presidency and I will no longer feel any obligation to abide by Federal dictates.

15 posted on 9/5/2014 8:08:21 AM by Boogieman

quote:

To: Boogieman
Could that incite a Civil War...against the uncivil ????

17 posted on 9/5/2014 8:14:34 AM by RaginRak
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Why not just declare Martial Law!

Suspend those pesky ol’ election things... He knows you really want him to stay in office.

21 posted on 9/5/2014 8:18:02 AM by Mr. K (Palin/Cruz 2016)

quote:

And, perhaps, CW II will follow shortly thereafter. Keep your powder dry just in case.

23 posted on 9/5/2014 8:20:13 AM by so_real ( "The Congress of the United States recommends and approves the Holy Bible for use in all schools.")

quote:

29 posted on 9/5/2014 8:29:46 AM by februus

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Wait, someone there actually understands that Obama can't be a Commie-Nazi-Muslim-uh... Peace Activist?

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
No such luck! That image is an edited version of one that says "HE" rather than "YOU", and you can see how the edited area is squished to fit.
:irony:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Back in the good ol days we allied with a bunch of commies to beat up a bunch of Nazis. Mind blown.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I don't see how you can go on and on about Christian values, then say its a bad thing that poor children ae going to be given a decent meal once a day by a local government. Jesus said that kids need to be looked after - more so than the business owners or job creators (who are still making money, since the state government is buying the food from them?).

Even if you go the ultra right "lazy moochers shouldn't eat!" :freep: crazy lane, then how is starving the kids going to help? The kids can't get jobs - they're dependants! And surely if they're in school and getting fed, they'll be paying attention to the classes and learning, which will help them get jobs and not be "moochers"?

Then again, Freep logic, it doesn't make sense. It runs on pure hate and rage. :smith:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

OldMemes posted:

I don't see how you can go on and on about Christian values, then say its a bad thing that poor children ae going to be given a decent meal once a day by a local government. Jesus said that kids need to be looked after - more so than the business owners or job creators (who are still making money, since the state government is buying the food from them?).

Even if you go the ultra right "lazy moochers shouldn't eat!" :freep: crazy lane, then how is starving the kids going to help? The kids can't get jobs - they're dependants! And surely if they're in school and getting fed, they'll be paying attention to the classes and learning, which will help them get jobs and not be "moochers"?

Then again, Freep logic, it doesn't make sense. It runs on pure hate and rage. :smith:

Prosperity Jesus. You not being successful is more of an affront to God than violating the one God rule through Reagan worship.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

OldMemes posted:

Didn't you read that guy's post?? Bologna sandwiches are only ten cents! Rice and beans are free! And all the kids getting the free food have the best phones! I mean could you imagine if they sold their phones? That's SO MANY ten cent bologna sandwiches!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

stanne has got some sort of savagesusie-esque incoherence going on there.

quote:

Oh... They act so pissed. It is a blockade to communication; a veritable stalwart of ignorance

And zero Ebonics sense

They think ( feel) that the government can print money without collapsing the economy and risking natl security

It still doesn’t make that lunch free

Right?

19 posted on 9/4/2014 5:39:31 PM by stanne
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

SatansOnion posted:

he's convinced that black people will start eating all of us honkies

4 stars, would eat here again

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 5, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Things go far enough south, I'm going to be munching on long pig without compunction or shame.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Almost.

Amoxicilina
Oct 21, 2008

OldMemes posted:

I seem to remember not too long ago there was some politician who seriously suggested having children to do janitorial work at their schools in order to receive free or reduced lunch prices. Because everyone is gonna get on board having armies of 8 year olds mops floors and scrub toilets so they can eat lunch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Amoxicilina posted:

I seem to remember not too long ago there was some politician who seriously suggested having children to do janitorial work at their schools in order to receive free or reduced lunch prices. Because everyone is gonna get on board having armies of 8 year olds mops floors and scrub toilets so they can eat lunch.
:newt:, during the 2012 primary season.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

4 stars, would eat here again

Was it an italian restaurant?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

Was it an italian restaurant?

italians insufficiently white: proper cuisine requires only the most tender corn-fed nordic-midwestern cuts

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 5, 2014

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Mehuyael posted:

Wait, someone there actually understands that Obama can't be a Commie-Nazi-Muslim-uh... Peace Activist?

Olog-Hai are a species of troll in the Lord of the Rings universe.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
College rape survivor will carry her mattress around campus until her rapist is expelled

quote:

To: dennisw

Convenient for the next guy.

3 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:41:02 PM by mfish13 (Elections have Consequences.)

quote:

To: mfish13

LOL

If you don’t want to be raped, don’t be slutty, dress modestly and always be accompanied by a male relative. Oh wait, where have I heard it?

4 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:42:06 PM by sagar

quote:

There’s been a string of men who have been wrongfully accused of rape.

12 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:44:15 PM by Tzimisce

quote:

Attention whore. And the irony is: No one in their right mind will ever go near her after this.

13 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:44:24 PM by ClearCase_guy ("Harvey Dent, can we trust him?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsdV--kLoQ)
A rape haiku.

quote:

U got a synopsis

Was she wronged

Or fembot trolling

Kind of hard to tell

17 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:46:02 PM by wardaddy (Ferguson MO...but i thought blacks went north to escape the racism of mean ol southerners)

quote:

The big university committees that investigate alleged rapes are kangaroo courts weighted in the girls’ favor. If Columbia dismissed charges, there was no rape.

27 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:51:11 PM by colorado tanker

quote:

To: Pollster1

I don’t disagree with you.

I do have a problem with attention seekers (”The lady doth protest too much”).

For me her judgment is lacking - and suspect...

37 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:54:49 PM by jonno (Having an opinion is not the same as having the answer...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]
The Old Man himself makes a horrible appearance.

quote:

advertising for a new rapist with more talent!

71 posted on 9/5/2014, 4:44:10 PM by dalereed

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
To be fair the funnier of these posts by these Freepers are stuff goons would say i.e...

"Convenient for the next guy."
"Was it rape rape?"

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Finnankainen posted:

College rape survivor will carry her mattress around campus until her rapist is expelled
quote:
To: mfish13

LOL

If you don’t want to be raped, don’t be slutty, dress modestly and always be accompanied by a male relative. Oh wait, where have I heard it?

4 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:42:06 PM by sagar

Is he trying to say she should be more 'Christian' while ignoring the irony that he's describing Islamic customs? Or is he chastising other freepers in defence of a woman?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

deep space nein posted:

Is he trying to say she should be more 'Christian' while ignoring the irony that he's describing Islamic customs? Or is he chastising other freepers in defence of a woman?

The male relative thing pretty much clinches it, he's chastising other Freepers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No Freep reaction to the guys that Scalia called 'the perfect example of the need for a death penalty' being proven innocent?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Scalia is such trash; there are discarded kleenex with more societal worth than him.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Depending on the kind, they probably have more humanity than him too.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

Attention whore. And the irony is: No one in their right mind will ever go near her after this.

13 posted on 9/5/2014, 3:44:24 PM by ClearCase_guy ("Harvey Dent, can we trust him?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBsdV--kLoQ)

Pfff, watch this rape victim try to get laid now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pfff, watch this rape victim try to get laid now!

Yeah, that may be the widest margin by which a point has ever been missed.

• Locked thread