Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manac0r posted:

Just waiting for my Squid grips to arrive and I'll be ready for Destiny on Tuesday.

:lol: why does this thing even exist? The controller isn't made out of KY jelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Gotta have something to absorb the saliva off your fingers when you lick up all that cheeto dust.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
It's more for padding, I find the DS4 a little flimsy coming from the xbox 360. After trying these out, it added a little more substance to the controller. Each to their own I guess.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Manac0r posted:

Thanking the thread for the heads up on the KontrolFreaks. Got the CQC for the left stick, and FPS Ultra for the right, and it's pretty drat awesome. Cranking up the sensitivity isn't a problem now, it's not quite mouse and keyboard but it's the next best thing.

Just waiting for my Squid grips to arrive and I'll be ready for Destiny on Tuesday.

I use a fps freek classic on my right thumbstick and it's awesome

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Speedball posted:

gently caress me, PS4 Minecraft has MORE trophies than PS3 Minecraft. *howl*

Hey if you ever want to try and do them together, add me:

IneffiableFx

It's pretty easy to set up a lot of these, save, then do them and reload the save so someone else can get it. You can get a lot of people trophies just by setting up your world correctly.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

NESguerilla posted:

Weird. Seems silly not to just make it cross buy if that's how it's going to work, even though there isn't really any reason to play the PS3 version if you already have a PS4 unless you have some friends that haven't upgraded or whatever. I'm just gonna buy the disc so I can sell it if I don't end up wanting to play it for months.

There is a great reason for me. I have my PS3 and PS4 in two different rooms. Now if I want to play in the living room I do not have to move my PS4. Fire up the PS3 and I'm good.

spidget
Apr 23, 2005

10 PRINT "R Tape loading error, 0:1"
20 GOTO 10
Is anyone else's R2 button squeaky? Should I be worried that it'll fall off and start a fire?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

KoopaPoopa posted:

Is anyone else's R2 button squeaky? Should I be worried that it'll fall off and start a fire?
Mine is too at times. Maybe it just needs to be used some more.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

KoopaPoopa posted:

Mine squeaked for like a day a few weeks after launch then stopped. Someone said they sprayed some WD40 in there but I just ignored it and it went away on its own.

spidget
Apr 23, 2005

20 GOTO 10
Cool. i'll see how it goes.

I did notice that the R2 of every controller in the local game shop is hanging off, same as the left stick has lost it's cover on all of them

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

After buying Hotline Miami on PC and then PS3, I decided to give it another whirl on PS4 and try to get into it and I can honestly say it's the most uncomfortable game I have ever tried to play regardless of platform. I really want to like it but the controls are just so loving weird and uncomfortable and frustrating to me. I really just need to wash my hands of the game because I'm never going to get used to this.

I am finding the opposite is true for me. I enjoy playing it with the controller way more than the mouse. It also helps that the enemies don't seem as difficult on the console as on the PC. That might just be a bug though.

I haven't found anything really that wrong with the controls, except that the touchpad is a useless gimmick.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Does anyone know if the 'constantly ejecting disc' bug can turn into an irreversibly broken system? I've had it twice now (months apart from each other), and both times it was fixed by either unplugging it or nudging the screw (I did both so I don't know which worked).

Wondering if it's worth being long term concerned about, since it's been such an easy fix up to this point.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Steve2911 posted:

Does anyone know if the 'constantly ejecting disc' bug can turn into an irreversibly broken system? I've had it twice now (months apart from each other), and both times it was fixed by either unplugging it or nudging the screw (I did both so I don't know which worked).

Wondering if it's worth being long term concerned about, since it's been such an easy fix up to this point.

From what people have told me when I have this issue, at some point the fixes will stop fixing it and then it's RMA time.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

:lol: why does this thing even exist? The controller isn't made out of KY jelly.

My brother has hyperhidrosis that manifests in his hands and feet, and he uses those grips on his controllers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Why the gently caress can I not play my drat vidyas off of a USB stick, this is 2014.

Also my DS4 has a square button that works but doesn't go clickity click when i press it, it is very frustrating. I need my clicky sounds or I don't know if I'm gaming right.

My R2 AND L2 are squeaky but I figured that was a feature. I like it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

gannyGrabber posted:

Why the gently caress can I not play my drat vidyas off of a USB stick, this is 2014.

Because you bought a video game machine not an home theater machine.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

KoopaPoopa posted:

I had that with the controller that came with my console. After a few weeks I bought a second controller and noticed that that one did not make any noise. So I took the first one and got it replaced by the store easily when they heard that noise.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

gannyGrabber posted:

Also my DS4 has a square button that works but doesn't go clickity click when i press it, it is very frustrating. I need my clicky sounds or I don't know if I'm gaming right.

I have three controllers.

The first, the left stick is falling apart.
The second, the square button is mushy and the r2 used to squeak.
The third is perfect.

Hardware is a fickle bitch.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I'm about to head over to Best Buy to grab my first console since N64 days and I have no loving idea what to do between now and Destiny's launch. Ideally I'd like to play around with something that has similar aiming/firing mechanics as Destiny to get comfortable with the console controls.

Anything like that on PSN? I rather not sink $50+ into a game that'll collect dust come Tues.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Warframe is somewhat similar and free to play, so you could just grab that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
And Blacklight Retribution is also FTP, though I haven't tried it. Still, free shootymans.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Warframe sucks, get a PS+ subscription (which you'll need to play Destiny online anyway) and play Velocity 2X, which owns

I know it isn't a shooter, it still owns

Stinky Malone 2.0
Feb 28, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

I just sent mine off because of this. Had 2 intermittent bouts with it, and this most recent one wouldn't go away regardless of what I did to fix it (various unplugging and resets plus screw adjust fix).

Sony has a nice system in place for returning your repair as far as keeping you informed, but it's slow as poo poo for me so far. Took like 5 days just to get my coffin and I live I a pretty big metro area.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
As far as just good games, Velocity 2X and CounterSpy are sooo good and so much bang for your buck, so get them either way.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

gannyGrabber posted:

Plex Media Server works really well. I've only found 1 or 2 videos that don't run on it and after converting them in Handbrake everything runs great. It also pulls all the movie data so you get to a nice cover photo and synopsis and junk. It's not perfect and yeah running from USB would be nice but it's a nice work around for now.

I bought a PS4 about 3 months ago and I don't seem to have all the controller problems everyone else does. I wonder if the first batch of PS4s got different controllers or something (or maybe I'll start having problems after a few more months of use). I'm interested to see if the new White and Blue controllers end up with the same issues.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Plex Media Server works really well. I've only found 1 or 2 videos that don't run on it and after converting them in Handbrake everything runs great. It also pulls all the movie data so you get to a nice cover photo and synopsis and junk. It's not perfect and yeah running from USB would be nice but it's a nice work around for now.

I bought a PS4 about 3 months ago and I don't seem to have all the controller problems everyone else does. I wonder if the first batch of PS4s got different controllers or something (or maybe I'll start having problems after a few more months of use). I'm interested to see if the new White and Blue controllers end up with the same issues.

Wait, PS4 has a plex client? That doesn't change everything (I have a Chromecast) but that's still awesome.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Customfresh posted:

Ideally I'd like to play around with something that has similar aiming/firing mechanics as Destiny to get comfortable with the console controls.

Buy an Xbox 360 and play through the Halo games.

spidget
Apr 23, 2005

20 GOTO 10

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Not sure, I've only had mine a couple of weeks and I've not used it a massive amount or anything. Possibly just luck?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PerrineClostermann posted:

Wait, PS4 has a plex client? That doesn't change everything (I have a Chromecast) but that's still awesome.

No, it has a web browser.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

NESguerilla posted:

Weird. Seems silly not to just make it cross buy if that's how it's going to work, even though there isn't really any reason to play the PS3 version if you already have a PS4 unless you have some friends that haven't upgraded or whatever. I'm just gonna buy the disc so I can sell it if I don't end up wanting to play it for months.

According to a guys chat with Sony on reddit it is cross-buy, in a way (digitally at least)

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2fli21/chat_with_sony_confirmed_that_although_i/

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 6, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

cat doter posted:

Warframe sucks, get a PS+ subscription (which you'll need to play Destiny online anyway) and play Velocity 2X, which owns

I know it isn't a shooter, it still owns

Well yeah, do this. Velocity X2 might be my favourite game of the year. It'll probably get you used to the controller pretty quick too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Minecraft Question

If you die, can you get your poo poo you dropped? I died a few times i a cave system I got lost in so retrieval was hard. And I just had a lot of good poo poo on me and a loving zombie pushed me into lava. I assume there's no getting your poo poo when it's in Lava. Yeah?

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary

Feenix posted:

Minecraft Question

If you die, can you get your poo poo you dropped? I died a few times i a cave system I got lost in so retrieval was hard. And I just had a lot of good poo poo on me and a loving zombie pushed me into lava. I assume there's no getting your poo poo when it's in Lava. Yeah?

Lava destroys anything that drops into it. Anything that didnt fall into the lava would be around for 5 minutes before despawning.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
If I remember correctly, it only stays on the ground for a short while (like a few minutes.) I can't remember off the top of my head if lava destroys dropped items, but you tend to 'spray' them out when you die so a few bits might have survived.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When you die all the stuff you were carrying lands on the ground around you. If it goes into lava it burns up but if it lands on solid ground or in water it will stay there for a while and you can go pick it back up.

If you build a permanent base it's a good idea to have a chest with spare pickaxes and swords for when this sort of thing happens, or collected raw materials so you can replace them.

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

Christoff posted:

According to a guys chat with Sony on reddit it is cross-buy, in a way (digitally at least)

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2fli21/chat_with_sony_confirmed_that_although_i/

This is EXCELLENT news. I preordered it for the PS4 two hours before reading about the PS3->PS4 upgrade. Now I can share it with a friend on PS3! And maybe convince him to finally get a PS4!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just an FYI and not sure if it matters to you guys but in order to "share" a game with someone your PSN has to be set as the primary console on that console or they lose a lot of features

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
My only complaint about Velocity is when you are missing points on a level and there's no indication what you might be missing. I want a perfect drat it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think my big problem with Velocity is that I really don't like the huge levels with lots of repetitive backtracking. They don't really feel like they fit the pace of the rest of the game and they're the ones I'm most reluctant to Perfect just because they feel longer and kind of boring compared to the other level types. The backtracking being used sparingly works a lot better than "welp, teleport here, then here, then here, then here, then back again."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug forum asshole
Jan 15, 2005
Sportsfriends is really, really, really, really good. There's a game where you use dildos for pole vaulting.

• Locked thread