Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
My awesome thing today: a burrito for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I put together a model for the first time in years :neckbeard: I even found a pair of tweezers to put those drat little stickers on properly. Feels good.

Dommer416
Aug 4, 2013

Hello little children your uncle is here.
I never actually woke up until after classes, and I still don't know where I am.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Just made $800 this month doing side jobs locating vehicles that need to be repo'd for the tow truck drivers.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
I ate some pasta for lunch. Awesomeness achieved.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
The District Manager is in the store today, glaring daggers at all the lovely managers, one of whom is getting canned for just not bothering to show up. DM has always been nice to me though! Also tonight I get to cut up a cow heart in lab, hell yeah!

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
Was my day awesome? Yes. Why? A bagel and eggs for lunch.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My best friend from high school got married last weekend and I wasn't invited. In an effort to not be bitter about forever, I called him today and we had an awesome 45-minute conversation about life and stuff, and how we should make an effort to meet up sometime soon (me in Chicago, he in DC, hometown sort of in-between) :buddy:

Also I cooked chorizo for dinner. I loving love chorizo.

Mid_Ben
Apr 10, 2008
I went for a ride in a helicopter! For work!

And then I ate chicken fried steak!

Also, despite the CFS, I've been losing weight and it's very satisfying watching the body fat percentage go down on my scale :D

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Today, I finished my first week of classes at my Uni. So this is Big Kid college.

hate pants
Jul 17, 2012

FUCK PANTS 4 LYFE
I haven't had lunch yet, but once I do, my day will be awesome.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

First day off in two weeks

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Leaving for a week-long 100 km hiking vacation tomorrow.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Got a massive bonus from work today. Hello 25% of my yearly income in a single windfall check!

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ This owns hard.

Haven't slept yet, not planning on it. Going on a day trip with the gf to get a graphics card for my cheap-rear end 720p gaming rig. After that I'll probably gym, then I think we are gonna bother my favorite creole place for food and drinks for dinner. Then, of course, I'll drunk game. Nothing better than this small line up.

e: Oh, and I just realized I'm only a month away from celebrating my second year with what might possibly be The One. We've been living together for a year now, and I honestly couldn't be more pleased. Pretty much every day is awesome thanks to her. :)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Duct Tape posted:

Got a massive bonus from work today. Hello 25% of my yearly income in a single windfall check!

Be careful. I got one of those, and posted about it in this thread, and approximately a month later, they fired me. "Here's a 5-figure bonus, now clear out your desk."

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Yesterday was full of college football and today I was inspired to take my to-do list more slowly, torpedo my Twitter account, and start reading an interesting blog series instead of continuing to tell myself I'd get around to it. I am no longer irritable, as I was earlier, but instead very content.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Had a better night at work than expected---plus the new temporary GM is VERY easy on the eyes.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
My boyfriend told me he loved me for the first time :unsmith:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I saw a bunch of geese.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Centripetal Horse posted:

Be careful. I got one of those, and posted about it in this thread, and approximately a month later, they fired me. "Here's a 5-figure bonus, now clear out your desk."

Ha, long story, but I actually got laid off before I got that bonus. I was laid off, received a couple months paid leave before the layoff went through, then my yearly bonus came in (since the layoff hadn't gone through yet, I was technically employed, despite not doing any work and not going to the office), and just this week I got rehired at the same company doing what I was doing before.

So essentially they gave me a two month paid-vacation, and halfway through it they gave me a big fatty check.

Definitely been an odd couple of months.

Duct Tape has a new favorite as of 06:49 on Sep 8, 2014

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
It's my birthday... Managed to survive 41 years! :marc:

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Kidney Stone posted:

It's my birthday... Managed to survive 41 years! :marc:

Mine too! I'm 25 :)

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Went to a BBQ/Bonfire hosted by some hispanic club on campus. Went to dinner with my roomies later on. Had the best Bacon chicken sandwich of my life. :getin:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
My co-worker went to CamiCakes last night and brought a dozen into work for us. I am now eating a chocolate peanut butter cupcake with a Reese's Mini on top with a cup of coffee.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I got an Internship! :dance:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
The obnoxious woman in my office that does nothing but complain, flat out state that she isn't going to one of her daily tasks, tries to hijack everyone else's conversation to say how great her daughter is, AND types all her emails in comic sans, got called out by her boss' boss in front everyone. It was magical.

Also, NXT Takeover is on tonight

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
A week or two ago we had a industry lecture series at our main office, and our communications director was hard up for volunteers to give tours to the attendees, so I volunteered to do having never given a tour here before. Today I find a thank-you card from her in my mailbox, and a $25 Target gift card to match it :toot:

Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can
I took a couple hours PTO from work and went and rode go-karts, because gently caress it, I had the time, we were ahead on our workload, and it's Friday.

It was an absolute blast and I do not for any moment regret this decision.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My FAFSA refund came in today, I have a job interview tomorrow, and a college visit (to a school I really want to go to) scheduled a week from Monday.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Google asked me if they could use my photo to feature on Google Maps. Not my best shot ever but flattering. Photo in question

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...

Mikl posted:

The amazingly lovely upstairs neighbours (who, among other things, decided that THREE AM is a good time to use a vacuum cleaner) are getting evicted :dance:

People like this should be legally allowed to be drawn and quartered.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I got to march in the parade :3:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

We won a dang game, and it's been a beautiful, productive autumn day besides.

Fanana
Sep 20, 2014
I got to sing songs to kids and read about all of you's guys's great days. I am now lonely and bored. I plan to make the best of my circumstances by walking around a lake.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Upgraded my computers RAM :woop: Four whole gigs now! Why the gently caress anyone thought just two was a good idea is beyond me.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Shoulda done more, even 4 is pushing it these days. I know I'm moving up from 4 as soon as I can afford it.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Bluffed my way into some hours at work (wasn't scheduled), got some cleaning done and later we're going to have movie night.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Shoulda done more, even 4 is pushing it these days. I know I'm moving up from 4 as soon as I can afford it.

I'd love to, but apparently all this motherboard will accept is 4. I'm saving up to build a completely new computer from scratch with a minimum of 8 gigs, if I don't decide to go balls out and slap as much into it as my version of Win7 can handle. Go big or go home :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Saw frog