Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I know this got posted before on soundcloud, but then it got taken down.

Lets all relive this gem: http://afiveseven.tumblr.com/post/83171368535/i-love-morty-and-i-hope-morty-loves-me

Yuss! :allears:

I hope he returns in the next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I love Morty, and I hope Morty loves me...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Got an Amazon notice on my pre-order. Expected date is Oct 7. No idea if I'm even in the batch that gets a Good Morty, would rather not have to ebay that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait what's this about pre-orders?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Do you think buying it the day it comes out would be considered first run?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What's the Good Morty thing? Google couldn't find anything.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I did my pre-order, too. I suspect anyone who does one now will get the special one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/494947197205508096

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
"Randomly instered" though. :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Big Mean Jerk posted:

"Randomly instered" though. :(

I'm confused. I thought the autographs were random but the first batch would have the insert.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

http://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty/comments/2ek4iz/season_one_dvd_hits_oct_1st_but_heres_the_thing/

I guess first printing will have comics so wherever you get it? Total guess on my part, even Justin seems vague about it

the signed copies are definitely limited run

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So do I get it from Amazon or what?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Affi posted:

So do I get it from Amazon or what?

That's where I just ordered mine (current price is $26.12).

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hell you could get it from Walmart if you want. I don't think the Good Morty deal is tied to Amazon or anything

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

Hell you could get it from Walmart if you want. I don't think the Good Morty deal is tied to Amazon or anything

Assuming their part of the first print. I don't know, I think I might just buy it when it comes out at a store or something. And then later on in life if I ever meet Justin somewhere in a back ally, I'll snag his autograph.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I've never met Roiland though he runs in circles of mutual friends. I could get Dan Harmon's autograph pretty much any sunday b/c of Harmontown but that would make you the weird lame-o guy

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Well poo, I wanted to get the Bluray, but I live in Australia amd my only Bluray device is a PS3 and they're region locked for Bluray Video. So I've pre-ordered the DVD. (I want those extra features and commentaries :sigh:)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Made a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grENMBFRoEM

Context

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3662713

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

You wonderful man, don't stop doing what you do

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Finally something good has come from American football.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This owns.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Can we get a slow-moebius replay on that one?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Wait, what, did they not honor the original auction or is this one from another dimension?

v You're trampling the vibe.

grilldos fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 12, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think there was more than one.
Edit: From the facebook page

quote:

We weren't able to finish the auction last time. But this time is a go for sure!

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 12, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

grilldos posted:

Wait, what, did they not honor the original auction or is this one from another dimension?

Oh man, I missed the "Summer 2015" announcement. :smith:

Typical, speed things up! :unsmith:

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

They couldn't sell it last time for what ever legal reasons. I think it will work this time. Also you need a flat bed truck and a crane to get it out of there,

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Typical posted:

They couldn't sell it last time for what ever legal reasons. I think it will work this time. Also you need a flat bed truck and a crane to get it out of there,

Dude, just draw one. Sheesh, why do I always have to think of everything!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Goddamnit goons if we can fund a retard hotdog redneck from Bama surely we can make this ours. I will of course store it for a nominal fee and you guys can come look at it whenever

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Goddamnit goons if we can fund a retard hotdog redneck from Bama surely we can make this ours. I will of course store it for a nominal fee and you guys can come look at it whenever

gently caress that we get it on odd days you get it on even days.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The ending of Close Rickcounters always gets me. It's Usual Suspects as hell.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
welp

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-rights/rick-and-morty-co-creator-justin-roiland-gently caress-the-union-103723.html

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, he doesn't seem too mentally balanced, makes a heck of a good cartoon show however.

It seems like a lovely thing to switch around shell companies owned by the same people to avoid paying health care and standard wages, on what are already WAY too low to pay for professional artists working on television shows. I'm amazed at how many interns and $10 an hour people are working on shows, that seems impossible to me. I'm glad they have a union and hope it helps, lots of other industries should get them, like video games.

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 17, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, he doesn't seem too mentally balanced, makes a heck of a good cartoon show however.

quote:

I also had no idea anyone was unhappy. No one told me anything. One minute it’s just work as usual, the next minute there’s a walk out. Okay. Cool. Those union reps really know how to get people worked up and pissed off. Again, totally unnecessary on a show like ours. I LOVE AND CARE ABOUT MY CREW. If I knew they were unhappy we would have done something about it.

It's almost like he's a broken, managed asset whose every interaction with everybody is guided and overseen by Dan Harmon. gently caress, he managed Chevy Chase for years before he went apeshit, but Roiland's gonna sink in under two?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
"Rick and Morty" evolved from a parody of "Back to the Future" where time travel is powered by explicit onscreen pedophilia. That's a thing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm sure he is basking in some type of "I made it" glow, where he is just an insufferable prick to people, but even without that, I'd find it hard to believe he would chat with the artists like that and they would tell him, of all people, what they did and didn't like about working there.

When some people get fame like that, they just explode for a bit and hopefully it doesn't last long, but I'd imagine it is a hard thing to adjust too, more so for a guy who was just doing edgy gross out humor and web stuff to amuse himself.

"Suck my balls Morty" is funny, I mean, come on.

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Doesn't surprise me, he hasn't seemed like the nicest or most grounded individual around. Disappointing all the same, though.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
This might also be his first literal job, so he probably has no understanding of how rules and laws and companies work and he just paid his friends in beer and dutch oven attacks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I like Typical, and the other R&M cast members calling that article a pile of poo poo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CelticPredator posted:

I like Typical, and the other R&M cast members calling that article a pile of poo poo.

At gun point?

But it is clear in his comments on reddit, that he is more upset about the way the union handle it, not that they didn't want to pay them fairly and treat them well. But knowing the industry and adult swim, I'm surprised those cheapskates pay for anything and it doesn't help to bawk about it online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I visualize Lemongrab sitting at the bargaining table.

• Locked thread