Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Sims AI is amazing in their obtuseness. Particularly their inability to stay away from fire - had one sim about to get into the car for work when a fire happened and he ran all the way inside to scream at it until he burnt to death.

The only sim that didn't budge is the one eating toast three squares away from the fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Kimmalah posted:

I don't know if they ever fixed it, but used to you could get an entire city to kill each other if you just dropped something like a cabbage in the middle of town.

I'm just now playing it for the first time since a bunch of friends picked it up for 12$ from that sale last month.

There's a quest where a higher-up in the thieves' guild named Frey becomes a temporary follower. 'Temporary' followers don't displace your normal follower if you have one and generally can't die since they're plot important.

Anyway, this dude is supposed to unlock a door for me. Except he doesn't because Bethesda. I stop caring and go do other quests or whatever with this guy tagging along and making angry comments about the still-locked dungeon I should be clearing.

At some point in a different dungeon I run across a locked master-level chest. Since lockpicking is pretty bullshit I tell my other follower to open the chest (followers ignore locks entirely) and for some reason Frey immediately goes hostile to me. I leave the dungeon and fast-travel to Whiterun assuming he'll die to the guards.

Nope.

I arrive in Whiterun and Frey immediately takes a swing at me and gets swarmed by guards. When plot-important NPCs 'die' they just stagger for a few seconds and revive, so I accidentally wound up creating the Terminator. Wherever I'd go he'd be there, pissed at me and completely unkillable. He's still there and has demolished at least two towns trying to get me :ohdear:

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
I just installed a bunch of mods for skyrim, and unwittingly hit a mod conflict between "Immersive Patrols II" and "More NPCs". Immersive patrols makes it so every major faction in the game has realistic NPC patrols, ie the Stormcloaks will send out small groups to patrol the roads and towns of Stormcloak controlled holds, and the Imperials will do the same for their areas. There are even patrols for the smaller factions, beefed up a bit and given greater range and increasing their spawn times.

It makes walking the roads a little more interesting. And it adds a few "Battlefields" where imperial and stormcloak troops will meet, beat the poo poo out of each other, then the winners will take control of a nearby fort, increasing patrol spawns for that faction until they decide to do it again a couple of weeks later.

More NPCs is a mod that just adds tons more npcs to the wilderness. More bandits, hunters, treasure hunters, faction groups, just heaps, everywhere in the wilderness. It adds perhaps maybe too much, but its a lot of fun when you're sufficiently levelled and it makes it so travelling on foot is interesting, since between any two points of interest, you're just about gauranteed to run into at least one or two spawned enemies/friendlies/traders who you can travel with, fight or trade with. Or watch fight each other.

Sadly, these two mods mess each other up, horribly. Well, I say horribly, but the only bad thing about it is it causes frequent crashes. When they're not causing Skyrim to crash, the mods create just the most violent and ridiculous Skyrim experience I can imagine outside of console commands.

Fresh character, I get to whiterun. It has like 40 Stormcloaks patrolling around the gates. 3 treasure hunters, 2 bandits and an imperial soldier attempt to rush the gates, and get slaughtered. I enter Whiterun. The street outside the blacksmith is awash with blood, from the treasure hunters and bandits and Whiterun guards that are all getting their poo poo kicked in by the 15 or so stormcloak soldiers in town. I enter the blacksmith. The blacksmith and his wife sit behind the counter, looking upwards towards the second floor as a Thalmor Justicar guts a female treasure hunter in their bedroom. I turn, and leave the blacksmiths. The street is again filled with the cries of bandits getting their poo poo wrecked by guards, then the guards getting wrecked by stormcloaks. I run up the stairs to the coutyard where that priest yells poo poo, in time to see a thief and 2 bandits get curb stomped by a necromancer, who in turn gets decapitated by a random Nord.

I leave whiterun. The stormcloak army outside has grown, and as I leave the gates, 4 bandits, 3 imperial soldiers, a treasure hunter and an entire caravans worth of kajit spawn in through the gate with me. The stormcloaks, now numbering in the low hundereds blot out the sun with their arrows. They then all turn and leave, on patrol towards Riverwood in single file. The patrol train reaches into the distance and over the horizon.

Skyrim crashes.

Also, I cam across an Imperial patrol with a Stormcloak prisoner. Suddenly, a frost troll and three frost spiders came out of the forest, and the prisoner sprung free from his bonds, ran into the forset and slaughterd the monsters alone, barehanded, then jogged back to the imperials, and tied himself back up again. "This does not concern you, citizen."

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

princecoo posted:

Also, I cam across an Imperial patrol with a Stormcloak prisoner. Suddenly, a frost troll and three frost spiders came out of the forest, and the prisoner sprung free from his bonds, ran into the forset and slaughterd the monsters alone, barehanded, then jogged back to the imperials, and tied himself back up again. "This does not concern you, citizen."
Maybe it's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit, where you can ignore your restraints if it's considered funny?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Riley from The Last of Us has some telekinesis or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDkIz3U_mew

it's not as freaky as this though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNG4FsMd5H0

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Her immunity mutation has some... side effects.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

bucketmouse posted:

I arrive in Whiterun and Frey immediately takes a swing at me and gets swarmed by guards. When plot-important NPCs 'die' they just stagger for a few seconds and revive, so I accidentally wound up creating the Terminator. Wherever I'd go he'd be there, pissed at me and completely unkillable. He's still there and has demolished at least two towns trying to get me :ohdear:

If you're on the PC, you might be able to console command your way through this. Otherwise you're probably going to have to reload an old save. And next time, tell your other follower to wait a distance away or dismiss them - Mercer probably didn't unlock the door originally because they blocked his path at some point and for some reason that can gently caress him up. Also entirely possible it's just a Bethesda moment, but it's something worth trying.

Thanks to this post I also learned that the guildmaster of the Thieves Guild has his morality set to "no crime" hilariously enough. :wtc:

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kimmalah posted:

NPCs will still get killed by the guards because part of their scripted behavior is to pickpocket or steal and occasionally they get caught.

I also remember some Skyrim interview where the devs couldn't figure out why they were getting bounties for committing crimes in the middle of nowhere until they finally realized they were being reported to guards by stuff like foxes, horses and chickens thanks to the magic of RADIANT AI.

I don't know if those are technically glitches or the game just working totally as intended. :shepface:

I'm leaning on the side of 'working as intended', though it can cause some pretty silly poo poo.

In my last game of Skyrim, I came across an imperial being attacked by a bear. Without thinking, I shoot the bear with a staff of chain lightning, which arcs to the imperial, killing him. I see "1000 bounty added to The Rift" and grumble about having to reload my last save. I kill off the bear, and "Last witness killed, bounty removed" pops up on the screen.

:stare:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, you can't have anyone bear witness to a murder.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a game where you can be ratted out by an actual rat.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Stare-Out posted:

Well, you can't have anyone bear witness to a murder.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a game where you can be ratted out by an actual rat.

What's that, Lassy? Timmy stole from the store?

GET THAT FUCKER :black101:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
In Oblivion, Horses could report you for stealing other horses.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

scarycave posted:

In Oblivion, Horses could report you for stealing other horses.

Hell, couldn't the very same horse you were stealing report you if you weren't sneaking or directly in its' line of sight?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
In Skyrim I've had situations where I snuck up on a horse and one-shot backstabbed it and had the bounty notice and "all witnesses eliminated" notice pop up right after each other. They can witness their own murder no matter how quickly it happens.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Horses are actually all powerful beings, that's the premise of the next game.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

N. Senada posted:

Horses are actually all powerful beings, that's the premise of the next game.

They can already defy most laws of physics:

Sadly, not gravity. :(

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Kimmalah posted:

Sadly, not gravity. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b49fmvC-XVo

You were saying?

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
WARNING: Incoming Armour-plated Nazi Ghost Dog

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I was just making a reference to the fact that horses in Skyrim die from fall damage REALLY easily. But good catch. :v:

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

I had been overcome with lust for Roy the first time I laid eyes on him in the nude gay humantaur bar, one of my favorite places not only because it's one of the few nude bars I know of, but especially because the gorgeous muscular tall young naked guys there all have four arms and four legs! Even among them, Roy stood out. He was beautiful and broad-shouldered, blonde and with a rare and very sexy four-armed, six-legged body. He was very sexy and muscular, and set all of the naked humantaurs' huge hardons a-sway when his giant, gentle body bumped theirs in the crowded bar.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

I had been overcome with lust for Roy the first time I laid eyes on him in the nude gay humantaur bar
Whoa, okay, the referee has raised the TMI flag. :v:

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

In other news, have a guy trying to rip his own head off his torso using only his neck muscles, like that one guy from The Thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ISk7qVBSg

Reive
May 21, 2009

Tiny glitch in Madden 15

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Please tell me the game still acts like they are full-sized.

space kobold
Oct 3, 2009

I would buy that game in an instant if it had a 10 full sized men vs. 1000 tiny sized men gameplay mode. :allears:

General Specific
Jun 22, 2007

I had one of those, but the front wheel fell off and I had to get rid of it.

space kobold posted:

I would buy that game in an instant if it had a 10 full sized men vs. 1000 tiny sized men gameplay mode. :allears:

That reminds me of the MLB game from the Playstation era with a cheat team full of superpowered weirdos, like a tiny man who could round the bases in seconds, and a guy with a giant bat that hit homeruns with bunts.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

space kobold posted:

I'm sure I first saw this article in this thread, but it's amazing

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Devor posted:

I'm sure I first saw this article in this thread, but it's amazing

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/1/30/5351052/breaking-madden-super-bowl-broncos-seahawks

Some of the images are broken, but holy poo poo read it all the way to the end. Fantastic.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

I've probably said this before but even if you have no interest in football games or sports of any kind please read this article it is probably one of the funniest things ever posted to the internet. High loving concept

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

space kobold posted:

There was an incredible Skyrim mod that let you get a staff which summoned dozens of tiny men who would attack anything you pointed them at.

You could also create different coloured little men and they would fight each other in itty bitty wars.

BulletRiddled
Jun 1, 2004

I survived Disaster Movie and all I got was this poorly cropped avatar

General Specific posted:

That reminds me of the MLB game from the Playstation era with a cheat team full of superpowered weirdos, like a tiny man who could round the bases in seconds, and a guy with a giant bat that hit homeruns with bunts.

There was a game for the Playstation called Fighter Maker where you could give your guy an instantaneous one-hit instakill that spanned the entire screen. The winner of any match was whoever hit the attack button first as soon as the round started.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRURDEGEbi4

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

BulletRiddled posted:

There was a game for the Playstation called Fighter Maker where you could give your guy an instantaneous one-hit instakill that spanned the entire screen. The winner of any match was whoever hit the attack button first as soon as the round started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mip5coYUTRg

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Please tell me the game still acts like they are full-sized.

From what I was able to see, it really doesn't. The other players pretty much don't even notice him, he's able to weave in and out of their legs (which is a good thing in theory), but it seems his incapable of carrying/catching the ball. Also, IIRC, it's only this player.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

From what I was able to see, it really doesn't. The other players pretty much don't even notice him, he's able to weave in and out of their legs (which is a good thing in theory), but it seems his incapable of carrying/catching the ball. Also, IIRC, it's only this player.

He is however capable of blasting off the ground to give the players high fives and just being adorable. :hfive:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSKuNbI86w

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Sims 4: Eraserhead

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Splines failed to reticulate. I REPEAT. SPLINES FAILED TO RETICULATE.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

I got a glitch like a milder version of that in New Vegas. I was fist fighting a guy and when he blocked his fingers stretched out into these spider leg looking things for a brief second. I don't know why but it kind of gave me the creeps at the time.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

While playing the swamp DLC in Fallout 3 I fired off a nuke inside the old gothic mansion while rednecks were attacking, and they all went absolutely nuts, stretching out to thin pseudohumans & getting stuck in geometry. It was pretty freaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Three-Phase posted:

Kings Quest V bizzaro audio swap glitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqunFIEI1IY

Just got through this entire fabulous thread and it's hard to pick a single best but this might be it. That mouse is just incredible.