Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What race should goons play for PvP shenanigans?
This poll is closed.
Furry Dominion 352 27.24%
Orc Covenant 464 35.91%
Lizard Pact 476 36.84%
Total: 1292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Just done city of ash on my crit-o-matic dual-wielding dragonknight, and happened to have just unlocked reflective scale just before going in. It just renders stuff helpless, I literally stood in front of the end boss spamming away with my swords and taking almost no damage at all because he uses a bow and arrows. I don't think I can really deny that dragonknights are overpowered now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Yoshimo posted:

I'm going to start an EU guild if the one in the OP is defunct.

I'm up for joining you... (@davemuir)

Charlie Brown fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 15, 2014

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Same here, @Stranglehands

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
You should call the guild "The Barons of Move Like This" or "The Barons of Post Like This" or something

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
So is there a EU guild? I just resubbed and I'm in one called House Awful but I'm pretty sure it's empty except me.
Add @kastanjeg !

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
OK, EU goon invites gone out for a placeholder guild from @murdochi

Add me if you're interested, or PM me or something!

edit - if this could maybe be added to the OP, kindly thank you?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
We've needed a new OP for a long time, OP hasn't been edited since launch.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I have to ask, like a massive jerk who needs to be spoonfed reviews on video games because I don't believe in wasting money, is this game worth picking up? I'm not asking from the perspective of a sweaty nerd who has been playing TES games for 20 years and expects it to be exactly like the other games only with multiplayer, because I know that's never going to be the case. But I wouldn't mind investing into this poo poo if it's fun.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

PsychicToaster posted:

I have to ask, like a massive jerk who needs to be spoonfed reviews on video games because I don't believe in wasting money, is this game worth picking up? I'm not asking from the perspective of a sweaty nerd who has been playing TES games for 20 years and expects it to be exactly like the other games only with multiplayer, because I know that's never going to be the case. But I wouldn't mind investing into this poo poo if it's fun.

It's really fun so far for me. I enjoy adventuring / questing in RPGs, and the majority of the leveling experience is really well done and relatively interesting. I just got to veteran levels, and with doing every quest for my faction up to there it took me 95 hours. I still have to more factions worth of quests to do, + craglorn and additional content. And that's not even touching on the PVP, which so far has been the most entertaining part for me as I love the DAoC style realm vs realm vs realm.

If you're looking at saving a bit of money check out

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html

It's not a steam key, but honestly all steam does is launch the ESO launcher and you're saving over 50% off the box price. If you're willing to drop a couple bucks more the imperial edition is definitely worth it, but if you're on the fence you can grab the base game now then get the imp edition next steam sale if you find you like it.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Ridinspinnaz posted:

It's really fun so far for me. I enjoy adventuring / questing in RPGs, and the majority of the leveling experience is really well done and relatively interesting. I just got to veteran levels, and with doing every quest for my faction up to there it took me 95 hours. I still have to more factions worth of quests to do, + craglorn and additional content. And that's not even touching on the PVP, which so far has been the most entertaining part for me as I love the DAoC style realm vs realm vs realm.

If you're looking at saving a bit of money check out

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html

It's not a steam key, but honestly all steam does is launch the ESO launcher and you're saving over 50% off the box price. If you're willing to drop a couple bucks more the imperial edition is definitely worth it, but if you're on the fence you can grab the base game now then get the imp edition next steam sale if you find you like it.

Awesome, thanks for the help! I went and bought a key because that's a drat good deal. See you guys in Tamriel.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

PsychicToaster posted:

Awesome, thanks for the help! I went and bought a key because that's a drat good deal. See you guys in Tamriel.

Toss me a friend invite @Impeach_Barack - if you roll on ebonhart there's a couple of us around, or if you're another faction doesn't really matter because guilds are x-faction so I'd be happy to help out with any starting tips and what not. There's a fair amount of stuff you can do to make the early game easier such as selling early raw mats for mount gold etc that streamline your entrance.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Mustang posted:

We've needed a new OP for a long time, OP hasn't been edited since launch.

That is a traditional Orv op. He has gamer ADD pretty bad.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
Nightblades still suck, thats for sure.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

tyrelhill posted:

Nightblades still suck, thats for sure.

Seen nightblade do pretty well in the non veteran rank campaign, and I've heard since they raised softcaps they can still crit in the veteran campaigns.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is there anybody left in the NA goon guild?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

I see a few players still playing this regularly, whenever I check the guild screen.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Scyantific posted:

That would be a pretty dick move to the people who are using it as extra storage, imo (I use the Ebonheart offshoot of the goon guild as personal storage)

It's a public storage why would anyone put anything important in there and expect it to be there if someone else wants it?

Abandon posted:

I don't think I can really deny that dragonknights are overpowered now

This has been the case since launch. Tanky and easy to play.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
I've apparently got a thing for trying to avoid obvious builds so i've got a medium armour dk and i'm trying to maximise melee range damage while being just tanky enough not to die in the process of inflicting said damage. That turns out to be a pretty good way to be a dragonknight because the powerful shields and self heals you get on that class make tanking kind of effortless, for PvE anyway. Might have missed a trick going for dual wield instead of two-handed for melee dps, though

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Abandon posted:

I've apparently got a thing for trying to avoid obvious builds so i've got a medium armour dk and i'm trying to maximise melee range damage while being just tanky enough not to die in the process of inflicting said damage. That turns out to be a pretty good way to be a dragonknight because the powerful shields and self heals you get on that class make tanking kind of effortless, for PvE anyway. Might have missed a trick going for dual wield instead of two-handed for melee dps, though
Dual Wield is good if you want to go as a crit-based build.
With The Thief stone, the Medium Armor and Dagger passives that increase crit chances you can do a fair amount of damage; and if you want to go all in like I did, make the character a Khajiit with a set that gives even more crit chance with weapons with the proper trait and you can have a 50% Crit Chance (and that's without a few things that I will add later on).
The character is a lot of fun to play and pretty effective as a single target damage dealer and off-tank thanks to the DW Sparks ability neutering most melee enemies and having all the good DK defensive abilities to deal with spell-slingers and bosses that are immune to Sparks.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
If there's anyone in the NA guild that can invite still around, I'd appreciate it if you could toss an invite to @NeurosisHead. tia

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

If there's anyone in the NA guild that can invite still around, I'd appreciate it if you could toss an invite to @NeurosisHead. tia
Thankfully everyone in the guild can send invites, so I sent you one just now.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

NeurosisHead posted:

Yeah I'm in there as @hatsuyo but as a high elf. I just went with my race/class combo of choice since there's no real goon presence for pvp.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
Have the dungeons got really easy for anyone else? I did city of ash last night as a healer and could've just played it half asleep. I didn't need to heal anyone. One of the bosses went down in about 3 seconds

The team wasn't over level. though this does remind me of what else sucks about the difficulty, like I know it's an MMO and you've got to make it so the players who're in the same solo zones are about the same level, whatever, but I hate how the levelling works because I guess for some players they want to plough through it as quick as possible and not bother going looking around for stuff but some people (me) want to explore everything and do all the missions, so you've got this compromise where if you do most of the missions in the area you'll be at the right level for the ones coming up in the next place you go but if you do all of them you end up in easy mode until at lvl45 or so you get whisked away to coldharbour as a sort of deus ex machina reset button.

what it got me thinking was with the quantity of dipshit phasing being what it is anyway, why couldn't they have done something more elder scrollsy and auto levelled everything and phased people based on being at different levels. obviously thats not a realistic thing to suggest now, its like a fundamental beginning stages design constraint, but there's nothing like being at the wrong level to make a game turn to poo poo. like all the balancing goes right out the window, the spell is broken and it turns into "your numbers are lower than the mobs numbers, therefore you lose. don't matter what spells or strategies you use it just works out the same regardless because ultimately your ability to do things or not die is based on your stamina/magicka/health gauges which are tied to your level, lol"

substitute that for winning without even having to bother to dodge the end boss's aoe attack becaus the healer can just burst heal everyone back up using about 1/3 of max magicka if your level is too high, cos that's what we were doing last night

words

Abandon fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 19, 2014

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
You probably had someone who knew how to tank. Pre-Craglorn, most bosses are a combination of a telegraphed high-damage physical attack that can be blocked for a few seconds of stun, a high-damage single-target spell that can be neutralized with an interrupt, and a weaker damage over time that amounts to "don't stand in the red circle". With someone blocking and interrupting up front, there's generally little challenge left for anyone else.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Could I get an invite as well? My username is @ferdythebull.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Haha

quote:

New VR Rank
In order to provide for new itemization and to ensure a better feeling of achievement in Dragonstar Arena, Sanctum Ophidia, and Upper Craglorn, the maximum Veteran Rank has been increased to 14.

lol

quote:

Fighters Guild
Damage from Silver Bolts, Expert Hunter, and Trap Beast is now based on stamina and spell power instead of magicka and spell power.

finally

quote:

Enchanting has received significant rebalancing:
Doubled the inspiration gain from the deconstruction and creation of white quality glyphs.
Significantly increased the inspiration gain from the deconstruction and creation of blue, purple, and gold quality glyphs.
Deconstruction of glyphs will now result in three separate, even chances to recover each runestone used to create it. This means you will sometimes receive nothing, but could also recover all three runestones.
Renamed the enchanting passive Aspect Extraction to Runestone Extraction.
Putting points into the Runestone Extraction passive provides an increased chance for each independent roll at runestone recovery.
Note: As a result of this change, you will be refunded any points spent in this passive ability so you can decide if you wish to reinvest in the new version.
Increased the maximum amount of inspiration that can be gained in a single glyph deconstruction at any given skill rank.

So when will they add in that centered camera view no matter the zoom?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Oh jesus christ it took them 4 months to try and make leveling enchanting less tedious.

I think I'll hop on sometime this weekend. I'll admit my frustration with enchanting was dragging my enjoyment down.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I just loved it when the developer on the forum was like if it uses stamina then it uses weapon power and max stamina and the same is true for magicka and spell power.

We were like nope, that ain't how it works. Let me show you how you are wrong. They never responded.

Now it turns out they had fighters guild skills working on magicka and spell power while costing stamina for who the gently caress knows why.

Katali
Jul 30, 2005

Stopgap Measure
Pillbug

Sky Shadowing posted:

Oh jesus christ it took them 4 months to try and make leveling enchanting less tedious.

I think I'll hop on sometime this weekend. I'll admit my frustration with enchanting was dragging my enjoyment down.

Those are from the test server and aren't live yet so don't go deconstructing a bunch of purple glyphs just yet. Probably be another month or two.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

I just loved it when the developer on the forum was like if it uses stamina then it uses weapon power and max stamina and the same is true for magicka and spell power.

We were like nope, that ain't how it works. Let me show you how you are wrong. They never responded.

Now it turns out they had fighters guild skills working on magicka and spell power while costing stamina for who the gently caress knows why.

I find myself always going magicka heavy on all my characters and barely even use the weapon abilities just because so much more stuff scales off magicka.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They wanted to do a survey about their lightning fixes. These are the fixes that have accompanied a slow down in the video game for a lot of people.

Survey Questions
Did you see visual effects originating from enemies who killed you?
Did you see all the important effects happening around you?
Did you always see effects from your own abilities?
Are the UI sliders useful to you?
Would you like to be able to reduce the “Particle Systems” or “Particle Density” further than the current minimum setting?
Does this system improve your overall combat experience?

Now this company has never been known to understand how to do surveys properly. They have gone from emailing them out and having them focus on marketing points before launch and where they asked multiple things in a 1-10 question and other bad things which gave them bad feedback. They then said if you wanted a survey about why you quit the game to post on their forums, which you can not do if you are not a subscriber, and then later have you put in a ticket to get a survey. Now they posted the survey only on their site in their forum where they still can't split up languages worth a drat so the first post is in english and the second and third posts are in german and french.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/127974/pfx-memory-performance-testing

I think I will stay amused for awhile just because of dumb things like this.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
From what little I've seen so far, I still can't make up my mind if they're actually trying to make the game better or trying to make it look like they are to get more money.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
i tried to tell a joke in zone chat today but they didnt get it. someone was asking if horses could level up to vet ranks. and he said "my horse is level 50 and now i can't feed it" and i said "maybe you ought to take it to the vet" and someone else replied "no, horses can't level up to vet ranks". comedy disaster really

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
oh yeah i forgot the important part of the joke its becsuse he said "can you level up horses to veterinary ranks"

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

is there like a really good PVP guild on the NA server? I'm in the 500 but I want to make sure there's not another super active one that I could be rockin' out with.

Will shoot an IM to @Impeach_Barack tonight when I get home from work so I can be a big stupid nerd idiot with you guys

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

A Spider Covets posted:

is there like a really good PVP guild on the NA server? I'm in the 500 but I want to make sure there's not another super active one that I could be rockin' out with.

Will shoot an IM to @Impeach_Barack tonight when I get home from work so I can be a big stupid nerd idiot with you guys

So far it's just me and a few RL friends with a guild to use as a guild bank - we rerolled DC because EP seems incredibly disorganized and awful in cyrodil, and AD is already high pop. I know there were a bunch of goons that played DC, not sure if they're still around and what not. Game seems to have a great pop and lots of people to do stuff with, but this thread sure doesnt lmao

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
been mostly out of the game, moving and whatnot. what is going on with the pvp? is it worth homing into anything other than 30? I'm vet 1, should I keep leveling to stand my own in pvp or does it really matter?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Had some fun keep siege action on the non-veteran campaign last night. I'd say the scene is pretty active still, but at vet 1 you might want to rank up a bit as I'm not sure you can get in on the non-vet campaign (which scales everyone to vet5).

Of course in a proper raid your rank doesn't matter at much but if you get caught on your own...

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
Who alleviated the guild bank of everything usable? There were a ton of useful crafting mats in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Here's a code I got from a Bethesda booth at Fan Expo in Toronto. It's for a pig pet:

Edit: Gone!

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Sep 9, 2014

• Locked thread