Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Excels posted:

that post was directed at the person i quoted, it wasn't about anita. i don't give a poo poo about anita sarkeesian. i've literally never watched any of her youtube videos

but i don't think being flippant and dismissive toward anyone who scrutinizes anita-- or zoe quinn for that matter-- is good either.

I'm not trying to have a meaningful conversation because doing so would be pointless. There's absolutely nothing meaningful to discuss about video games since everything that could have been discussed has been and is vehemently dismissed by the community at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Excels posted:

that post was directed at the person i quoted, it wasn't about anita. i don't give a poo poo about anita sarkeesian. i've literally never watched any of her youtube videos

but i don't think being flippant and dismissive toward anyone who scrutinizes anita-- or zoe quinn for that matter-- is good either.

if poo poo seems suspicious, people have the right to investigate those suspicions.

Yes, it does seem entirely possible that gamers aren't raging misogynists that send death and rape threats behind a veil of anonymity and instead these lying cunts are doing this all to themselves for attention.

gently caress gamers forever.

kazil has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Sep 7, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
those cunts are such misogynists aren't they

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Excels posted:

if poo poo seems suspicious, people have the right to investigate those suspicions.

The phrase you're looking for is "just asking questions"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Here, have some idiots on social media getting caught red handed conspiring to get this whole gamer gate thing of the ground.

Fitzdraco
Aug 4, 2007
So is there a cliff notes version of what's going down, because from here it looks like she engineered the sale of Play station to Nintendo?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Fitzdraco posted:

So is there a cliff notes version of what's going down, because from here it looks like she engineered the sale of Play station to Nintendo?

Dumb idiot gamer men put a lot of time and effort into creating a conspiracy because they don't like a lady who does indie game stuff, on an open IRC room with no password protection.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There are no conspiracies except the ones which will be used to vindicate all the poo poo fits Zoe's friends went on, apparently.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Of course you'd sympathize with the deranged stalkers. :v:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fitzdraco posted:

Gamers have taken their war on women up a notch.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Dr Snofeld posted:

Dumb idiot gamer men put a lot of time and effort into creating a conspiracy because they don't like a lady who does indie game stuff, on an open IRC room with no password protection.

zoe quinn is also a dumb idiot gamer.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

she just said in that link that she was stalking them as well. she also posts constantly about how much fun she's having and it's really super obvious that she is enjoying the attention. making people pay attention to her all the time is exactly what her goal was, before there was any "conspiracy" at all.

Excels has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Sep 7, 2014

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Excels posted:

she just owned a huge cabal of dumb idiot gamers so imo shes Cool and Good

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Not really? We all know this is exactly what's going to happen - any and all wrongdoing by Zoe and her friends is going to be completely ignored and vindicated, as every bit of criticism they faced (and never answered to) can now be swept up into convenient ball of the same sort of conspiracy people were happy to mock the existence of.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Excels posted:

she just said in that link that she was stalking them as well. she also posts constantly about how much fun she's having and it's really super obvious that she is enjoying the attention.

Hanging out in an open IRC channel reading people literally engineering plots against you != stalking. I didn't think that was the sort of thing that really needed to be clarified, but here we are.

edit: "no but listen you guys, these people who are crazy misogynistic assholes and are engineering a controversy for attention and trying to make it look like literally the opposite is happening have some really good points and it's a shame that those good points are going to be ignored now"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

poptart_fairy posted:

Not really? We all know this is exactly what's going to happen - any and all wrongdoing by Zoe and her friends is going to be completely ignored and vindicated, as every bit of criticism they faced (and never answered to) can now be swept up into convenient ball of the same sort of conspiracy people were happy to mock the existence of.

I am just asking questions drat it.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

poptart_fairy posted:

Completely serious here: what wrongdoing has she even been accused of? Besides the whole cheating on a fine upstanding gentleman according to said fine upstanding gentleman?

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

poptart_fairy posted:

I know you posted your own version of what happened earlier, but what exactly do you think they did wrong? And what evidence is there to support it?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

poptart_fairy, Excels, go outside.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
1) #gamersgate fanatics are terrible misogynists

2) Zoe Quinn and pals are generically deplorable idiots

I have just provided comprehensive coverage of both sides of this hot issue.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

Hanging out in an open IRC channel reading people literally engineering plots against you != stalking. I didn't think that was the sort of thing that really needed to be clarified, but here we are.

the animosity toward quinn is fueled directly by her, because she is feeding off of it. she posted from a loving bar watching the "quinnspiracy" unfold from her buddy's laptop while they had a big laugh.

anita has almost certainly got real things to be upset about, i don't doubt that some really crude poo poo has been thrown her way.

zoe on the other hand, i don't think she cares what bad things people send her because a lot of her lovely manipulative behavior has already been exposed. so i don't feel bad for her at all.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

poptart_fairy posted:

We all know this is exactly what's going to happen - any and all wrongdoing by Zoe and her friends is going to be completely ignored and vindicated, as every bit of criticism they faced (and never answered to) can now be swept up into convenient ball of the same sort of conspiracy people were happy to mock the existence of.

When your proof for the conspiracy comes in the form of MS-painted screenshots of a twitter feed accompanied by notes about "what person would make a twitter account to harass somebody and then delete it? clearly this is manufactured!", it's pretty mockable. When it comes in the form of IRC screenshots filled with people spelling out plans to do things, which they later did, it's a bit more reasonable.

If you've been lurking in an IRC chatroom with Zoe Quinn and Anita and you have captures of them plotting their latest SJW-Attack, feel free to produce them.

edit:

Excels posted:

the animosity toward quinn is fueled directly by her, because she is feeding off of it. she posted from a loving bar watching the "quinnspiracy" unfold from her buddy's laptop while they had a big laugh.

Hanging out on a bar reading things on the internet is not, with the exception of very specific circumstances, stalking somebody. Again, I didn't think this needed to be clarified, but here we are.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I'd like to head this off before it turns into an ugly argument, so let's all agree that gamers being owned is good and move along.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

^^^^Sorry,

Excels posted:

So? Who cares, hell that is what we do in this very thread.

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.
Edit: Nevermind, the doctor is right, gamers getting owned is good enough for me.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Jummy posted:

I know you posted your own version of what happened earlier, but what exactly do you think they did wrong? And what evidence is there to support it?

loving people that give you positive coverage, something which was also discovered to be happening elsewhere within the circles Zoe ran in, is pretty daft, mate. Especially when Zoe starts screaming she's a victim and how she's literally shaking and terrified of going outside in between pictures of her drinking beer and dancing in public places.

I just find the amount of people who equate mocking that as unforgivable misogyny to be pretty loving funny.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh, sorry. Thought you were Giant Ouiji Board's alt.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Coca Koala posted:

Hanging out on a bar reading things on the internet is not, with the exception of very specific circumstances, stalking somebody. Again, I didn't think this needed to be clarified, but here we are.

I never said that was stalking. I said she's making light of it because she's just basking in all the free publicity.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fitzdraco posted:

Well she appears to have been successful

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Truly, video game journalism is dead.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Back in my day, video game companies would pay money to get good reviews. Now they pay sex to get good reviews. It's like you can't take video game reviews seriously any more.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The lowest hanging fruit that doesn't have anything to do with what ever bullshit we were giving too much attention to:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

This person has been nonstop posting "MURICA" stuff for like the last month. It is getting a tad old.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Can't we just agree to hate everyone? Because everyone involved sucks.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Excels posted:

WHEN SHE HERSELF IF MADE OF carbon VIJOGAMES

I am thankful for gamergate for having exposed so many idiot manchildren on these very forums.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

hackeychicken
Jul 23, 2003

Oh my god! What have you done to the internet?!
The minute I swear off being baited into Facebook wars, I get dragged back in. I'm Phil Erup, Vinny Gret is an acquaintance from way back in the day who now lives in the VERY rural midwest and Farrah Moan is one of their HIGHLY religious friends.

Once he figured out that I'm a pastor's kid and I know my poo poo, he's turned to banking on me not being American and/or stupid.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Excels posted:

"Laughing at idiots on the internet is absolutely reprehensible," he said, posting in the Idiots on Social Media thread.

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Sep 7, 2014

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Everyone who writes about games is awful and everyone who gets mad about them is awful so imo they all deserve each other.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bury all games in the desert, salt the Earth and put a five decade ban on making new ones. Only then will it be safe to revive vijeo games again as all the lovely people will be old and have to deal with failing organs to bitch on the internet/real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Oh hey it's the new gamers.txt thread, can I start posting Jojo's to play this thread into the gas chamber?

Arsonist Daria has a new favorite as of 03:54 on Sep 7, 2014

• Locked thread