Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

No go on this, sorry!

Thanks for trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I checked the Walgreens in Kirkland tonight too, no luck on Venom or Boba.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Have you guys heard of the Capo toys Street Fighter kick starter? Here is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486458683/street-fighter-action-figures-capo-toys-first-seri

The sculpts seem pretty good, but the price is absurd and the terrible stretch goals combined with the half million dollar goal ensure that this will never be made. It is kind of absurd that a Street Fighter line would even need a kickstarter, but it seems that the license holder is a bit of an inept dumb rear end when it comes to business.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

MooselanderII posted:

Have you guys heard of the Capo toys Street Fighter kick starter? Here is the link https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1486458683/street-fighter-action-figures-capo-toys-first-seri

The sculpts seem pretty good, but the price is absurd and the terrible stretch goals combined with the half million dollar goal ensure that this will never be made. It is kind of absurd that a Street Fighter line would even need a kickstarter, but it seems that the license holder is a bit of an inept dumb rear end when it comes to business.

I really want a full set of those, but $230 is kind of making me rethink it. And at $35/figure, even just shelling out for one is kind of absurd. Oh well.

edit: also it is dumb, dumb, dumb that the Kickstarter exclusive is a P2 Ken. It should be Dan. That's why they ain't gettin' no pledges. :colbert:

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

This is their second attempt because surely if you can only raise 8k with a goal of 85k, the problem was you weren't asking for enough money.*

*The previous kickstarter was only for Ryu figures but this point still stands.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
And yet, no skullomania figure. Sigh. Someday... Someday I'll have my Skull Rider.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Aaaahahah their goal is $550,000, good loving luck.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Also these seem inferior to the SOTA releases from 10 years ago.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Finally found Agent Venom today. The only thing I don't care for about him is the wonky way his guns fit into his hands. Other than that, he is awesome.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Decent and reasonably priced Street Fighter figures are a license to print money, this is just depressing.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

MooselanderII posted:

I want a nice Chun-Li to go with my vast collection of animu figures but $35 for... that doesn't really seem like a good idea (Not that this will make its funding anyway.)

I don't really like the face though (But that might be Capcom's fault for making the art so ugly), and something about the guy who's doing the kickstarter rubs me the wrong way.

Oh well, I can keep waiting for a good Chun-Li. :(

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 6, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The joints, that thousand yard stare, the face is pretty bad.

I'm used to paying typically higher prices for my stuff since I buy figmas, Figuarts and the like, but I've never really bought NECA stuff and that's mostly because they've never really made stuff that looked very good to me.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

Just repaint a Kamen Rider Ichigo Figuarts and put on the head from a Kamen Rider Skull Figuarts

I could, but I'd rather have the Ichigo figuarts. Sakurajima version :syoon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

So I opened all my GotG figures so I don't have to take the packing home. Bearing in mind these are my first Legends figures in over a decade, what's with all the overly soft elbows? I feel like they're going to snap on me all the time!

Also, I randomly found a lone SW black 6" Stormtrooper on a peg in Walmart. Snapped him right up.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Saw a baffling version of the old "buy a figure, replace it with a different figure, return to store" scam at TRU today. Someone bought the 90s movie turtles figures, then swapped them out for the far more valuable cartoon classics figures and returned them. And they did a really thorough job, packing in the stands, weapons, etc.

And for an added layer of confusion, TRU handled it really well. They marked the figures down and attached labels explaining what was actually in the package. I talked to one of the employees about it at checkout and he admitted to being very annoyed because he couldn't understand WHY it had been done.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Bearing in mind these are my first Legends figures in over a decade, what's with all the overly soft elbows? I feel like they're going to snap on me all the time!

Its just the plastic Hasbro is using for their 6" figures lately. It probably won't break on you, but it won't stop feeling really lovely.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I could, but I'd rather have the Ichigo figuarts. Sakurajima version :syoon:

Exact version I own. He'd be perfect if he had the old diecast feet with the super good joints.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Snagged a Nova and a Rocket today at wal mart, so if anyone is still looking for em, lemme know.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

It's coming:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152285995107344.1073742130.58690437343&type=1

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

It looks amazing in person but I still can't see this going less than $400, possibly more than $600.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Hate double posting here but it's up for preorder!

And the price......$690 USD.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...cebook_09042014

That's a lot of lawns to clip.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's more than the loving 89 Batmobile. :wtf:

Are they using the same steel from an actual Delorean??

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I like the Zelda games, should I get Figma Link?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Without a doubt yes. It's fantastic.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I have been in so many walgreens stores this week, some of them multiple times, that I am beginning to get paranoid that they think I'm stealing or something. I have bought a lot of bottled water because of this, since I feel weird walking in and out and not buying anything. Their plan is working.

Someone on the fwoosh posted that Walgreens customer support said they wouldn't fulfill preorders for venom until sometime later, and that they may sell out in stores and be unable to honor the preorder at all. I can see a lot of nerd rage if that happens.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wouldn't worry, the rollout hasn't even officially started. They have LOTS of stock and you will find one so don't stress over crazy speculative Fwoosh posters.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Vintersorg posted:

That's more than the loving 89 Batmobile. :wtf:

Are they using the same steel from an actual Delorean??

for that kind of money it had better be the steel from the actual delorean used in the movie

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Pffft, $700 is nothing for a sixth-scale Delorean. Not when you can get two of them for the price of one unreleased* Rogue figure.

*until Walgreens announces it as their next exclusive

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Optimist Prime posted:

*until Walgreens announces it as their next exclusive

Funny you should mention that -- https://twitter.com/stevenganne/status/507860260951187457

Steven Anne is the buyer for Walgreens who works these deals.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Well I ran around again tonight. Found a black series vader. Several stores were stocking and a few had Spider-Man legends figures but no venoms. One manager was incredibly helpful and actually called around to a few stores to try and find something for me. Honestly all the employees that I ran across were really nice.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of, I'm looking for the Luke from that wave if anybody wants to pick it up for me.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Went to TRU tonight to look for the Glow in the Dark Mr. Burns, which they didn't have the series 3 figures yet, but I noticed the retro turtles. I know someone said they were out again so re-release. This time they had the foot soldier and Krang in his lil walker. Picked up Krang, he is sweet. Hoping they re-release the foot tall Krang android now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Last call if someone wants the Rocket and Nova from the GOTG line.

I'm returning em tomorrow if no one needs em.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've been eyeing up the new Greg Capullo Riddler figure at my local comic shop and I can see in the box that his Riddler cane has a pretty big bend to it.
Anyone know if it's meant to be curved or straight? I can't really tell from image searching right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got my first Hot Toys purchase in, the Cap 2 Black Widow.

It's quite a bit bigger than I expected, and appropriately was packed in like 4 different boxes like a nesting doll.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Hit the motherlode at a Walgreens on my way home from work. They had the exclusive Boba Fett prototype and Agent Venom, plus the new Star Wars black series Vader, Jedi Luke and Chewie. They also had a ton of the swap figures from the most recent ML Spider-Man wave. Black Cat, Carnage, Arana, etc.

Kind of weird that Walgreen's is now a go to destination for figures, but at least there's one on every street corner in this town.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Beanpants posted:

Hit the motherlode at a Walgreens on my way home from work. They had the exclusive Boba Fett prototype and Agent Venom, plus the new Star Wars black series Vader, Jedi Luke and Chewie. They also had a ton of the swap figures from the most recent ML Spider-Man wave. Black Cat, Carnage, Arana, etc.

Kind of weird that Walgreen's is now a go to destination for figures, but at least there's one on every street corner in this town.

Did they end up actually adding a cloak to the new Luke figure?

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Dr. Platypus posted:

Did they end up actually adding a cloak to the new Luke figure?

No, no cloak. Definitely would be cooler with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Beanpants posted:

No, no cloak. Definitely would be cooler with one.

TRU exclusive in 2 months, the way this line operates.