Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

In a few minutes, Mike is doing the Panini Tribute big break: A box of everything Panini has every produced for hockey! Come hang out and watch the history :3: http://breakers.tv/stlsportscards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

darkwolf220 posted:

In a few minutes, Mike is doing the Panini Tribute big break: A box of everything Panini has every produced for hockey! Come hang out and watch the history :3: http://breakers.tv/stlsportscards

Some real nasty hits in that break. Thanks for the link Darkwolf

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

anotherblownsave posted:

Some real nasty hits in that break. Thanks for the link Darkwolf

Yeah I've been killing time on this too, that Ovechkin auto and the Monahan patch are sick

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

God the ultimate swindle would be for me to buy those printing plates and whip up a new batch.

I saw an auction for litho stones for 1933 OPC once. It would have been so easy to counterfeit.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Stickarts posted:

It would have been so easy to counterfeit.

Moving a printing machine into your basement looks like it would be anything but easy.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

As promised: New break time! Let's build off last break's success and kick things up a notch by adding the 2nd best set of the year! (Sorry, no NT :( )

15 spots, 2 teams per spot, $60 per spot or 2 for $115

1x 13-14 Panini Prime!
1x 13-14 Panini Contenders
1x 13-14 Panini Rookie Anthology
1x 13-14 Panini Crown Royale
1x 13-14 Panini Totally Certified
1x 12-13 Panini Classic Signatures
1x 12-13 Panini Rookie Anthology
1x 12-13 Upper Deck Series 1 Tin
1x 11-12 Panini Contenders
1x 11-12 Panini Rookie Anthology

This is a great lineup and should deliver between 42 and 50 autograph or memorabilia cards! Break is scheduled for Saturday, September 27th at 8PM EST. Payment is due by Tuesday, September 23rd.

1: darkwolf220
2: Catwife
3: anotherblownsave
4: Ashekaban
5: Quantrill
6: Krigen
7: Nitramster
8: shyduck
9: sharp_angus
10: Surmy
11: SchrempHoward
12: AsInHowe?
13: Pudding
14:
15:

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 4, 2014

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

I'm in for 1 (right now)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Ashe did you check your Tavares stash?

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
I'm definitely in for one, maybe two if you're having trouble filling slots (which I highly doubt!)

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I'm in for 1.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Ashe did you check your Tavares stash?

havent gotten around to it, I have about 8 envelopes of cards i havent even opened yet. hoping to get some time this weekend.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

In for 1

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
One please!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Antifreeze Head posted:

Moving a printing machine into your basement looks like it would be anything but easy.

It is. Front porch is way less trouble.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
In for one, I'll be sure to schedule work accordingly this time.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
One spot por favor

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I might be in, if Darius doesn't want the Red Wings' spot and my friends don't hit big on National Treasures.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Surmy posted:

One spot por favor

you saw 11-12 contenders and had to. keep the dream alive.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

News: Krigen is the best.

Views:

Ok, so this is not a N/V thread, but drat this is a great amount of stuff. If you do not see me again, it is because I died of diabetic shock and the break is cancelled. Most of those are double stacked btw.

Thanks again Krigen, there is no way my package will live up to this one, but I will find another way to hook you up. Your package should arrive soon, but with the USPS, 'soon' is objective :(

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Got my batch of cards from the last break. When you said I did not do well, you were not kidding dark. I thought you forgot to include my hits until I realize the "base" cards I had put to the side were the hits. Youch. Luckily there was cool stuff in my boxes of Heroes & Prospects

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Surmy posted:

Got my batch of cards from the last break. When you said I did not do well, you were not kidding dark. I thought you forgot to include my hits until I realize the "base" cards I had put to the side were the hits. Youch. Luckily there was cool stuff in my boxes of Heroes & Prospects

Yeah :( It is a statistical anomaly that two teams as hit heavy as Edmonton and Florida would blank. I can, however, promise that the next break will be better. If for some reason (aka curse) you blank again, I think I have a Dominion patch auto or something I will toss your way. At least the H&P boxes were pretty hot.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Yeah :( It is a statistical anomaly that two teams as hit heavy as Edmonton and Florida would blank. I can, however, promise that the next break will be better. If for some reason (aka curse) you blank again, I think I have a Dominion patch auto or something I will toss your way. At least the H&P boxes were pretty hot.

I love H&P

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

darkwolf220 posted:

Views:

No Ovechkin Mr Big Deal bar? smdh

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Where were you when we had it in a break and everyone cried!!!

I kid of course.

Kind of.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Welp I just got shill bidded out of getting a Hellberg RPA rainbow /45 for $20 :sigh: I loving hate ebayers sometimes.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

darkwolf220 posted:

Views:

Ok, so this is not a N/V thread, but drat this is a great amount of stuff. If you do not see me again, it is because I died of diabetic shock and the break is cancelled. Most of those are double stacked btw.

Thanks again Krigen, there is no way my package will live up to this one, but I will find another way to hook you up. Your package should arrive soon, but with the USPS, 'soon' is objective :(

Haha! If anything I'm more surprised that MINE managed to arrive before YOURS. I've done candy/food swaps before and almost every time the USPS package has arrived before the Australia Post one. I'm glad it got there intact and I hope you and Catwife enjoy them! Now to feverishly wait by the front door and hope yours gets here before the weekend. :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Wow, super excited about the auction I just won. You think Osgood is great, just you wait :3:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

darkwolf220 posted:

Wow, super excited about the auction I just won. You think Osgood is great, just you wait :3:

You got a Hasek?

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
I'm betting Tim Cheveldae.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

1 plz

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Filling up very fast, only 2.5 left :toot:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Filling up very fast, only 2.5 left :toot:

Hey Dark, what's your eBay name? I'd like to peruse your listings if you've got any

anotherblownsave fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 4, 2014

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Hey Dark, what's your eBay name? I'd like to peruse your listings if you've got any

http://www.ebay.com/sch/shifterdarkwolf/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

If you see anything you like, let me know, I'll give you guys a better deal than those other pleebs :haw:.

I also have a ton of stuff that I have not listed yet/at all. If you throw me some names or teams, I can round up some stuff.

e: Wow I am getting fee-d to death. Let me know when you are finished looking abs, going to pull almost everything off ebay.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 5, 2014

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

Dark if you ever get any cool Canucks stuff, send me a PM! :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Krigen posted:

Dark if you ever get any cool Canucks stuff, send me a PM! :)

I actually just got a pretty awesome new Canucks piece, I will scan it when it arrives in the mail ;)

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Darkwolf, pull that boring Quick jersey off your eBay and throw it in with my hits in the break and I'll add it to my entrance fee.

Nothing says "EPIX" like a goalie with his "poo poo that just went by me" face.

edit: yes, that's fine. VVV

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 5, 2014

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nitramster posted:

Darkwolf, pull that boring Quick jersey off your eBay and throw it in with my hits in the break and I'll add it to my entrance fee.

Nothing says "EPIX" like a goalie with his "poo poo that just went by me" face.

Will do, how does $8 sound?

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

If you guys get any cool Tay tay cards can I have them please

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Wayne Gretzky posted:

If you guys get any cool Tay tay cards can I have them please

No TayTay but I do have a Nuge jersey/auto /50 from his rookie year if you are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Sure I'll take it!

• Locked thread