Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I need to read more carefully, I think. I meant that I have a RNH rookie auto/jersey for sale. It is the same as this one, but the number is different.

This one sold for $36, I'd let mine go for $30, which is a pretty good deal considering it will cost $7 just to send it to Canada :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Ill trade you some uh batteries or some magazines? Thanks for showing me the picture, it is very cool.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

darkwolf220 posted:

I need to read more carefully, I think. I meant that I have a RNH rookie auto/jersey for sale. It is the same as this one, but the number is different.

This one sold for $36, I'd let mine go for $30, which is a pretty good deal considering it will cost $7 just to send it to Canada :(

This card is classy as heck looking. I really wish card makers stuck to this type of aesthetic more often.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Yeah, I like the card, only knock I have on it is that it is a sticker auto.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
One of my local stores had 13-14 Heroes & Prospects on clearance at $40 a box, figured it couldn't hurt at that price. Most of the base hero cards are drawn or painted but rather humorously. Kind of disappointed about the lack of an AHL license, but overall I'm pretty happy. They had boxes of Between the Pipes for $50 as well that I might go back for.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ooo that Ekblad it sweet. Plus a Nurse auto, you did pretty well.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

My awesome new addition to my goalie collection came in the mail today :toot: , behold!

Guy Hebert/Frederik Andersen Past and Present dual auto /99. Those '90s Ducks jerseys :fap:

Also a friendly reminder only 2 spots left! Lets get this filled and out of the way. Also AsInHowe, what is your status looking like?

Lastly, after the break fills (and only if it fills, so I can piggyback the shipping) I will take orders for personal boxes. This worked great for Ashe and Surmy last time, so I will expand it to everyone this time. If you are interested, wait until the break fills and then ask about a certain box or 2, but I won't give out prices until after that happens.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

My awesome new addition to my goalie collection came in the mail today :toot: , behold!

Guy Hebert/Frederik Andersen Past and Present dual auto /99. Those '90s Ducks jerseys :fap:

Also a friendly reminder only 2 spots left! Lets get this filled and out of the way. Also AsInHowe, what is your status looking like?

Lastly, after the break fills (and only if it fills, so I can piggyback the shipping) I will take orders for personal boxes. This worked great for Ashe and Surmy last time, so I will expand it to everyone this time. If you are interested, wait until the break fills and then ask about a certain box or 2, but I won't give out prices until after that happens.

Mother fucker. Sweet loving card Dark.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

thompson posted:

Mother fucker. Sweet loving card Dark.

You can have your very own for ~$10! Also, ^5 if you are a Lions fan, no ^5 if that is just being ironic.

You should come back to breaking. We miss you ;)

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

darkwolf220 posted:

You can have your very own for ~$10! Also, ^5 if you are a Lions fan, no ^5 if that is just being ironic.

You should come back to breaking. We miss you ;)

Huge Lions fan. Big game today.

I'll be back to breaking soon. Finances are getting more solidified.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

thompson posted:

Huge Lions fan. Big game today.

I'll be back to breaking soon. Finances are getting more solidified.

Huge Calvin Johnson fan ^5. Unfortunatly did got get to pick him for my fantasy team this year :(. Got Demarius Thomas instead, so yay. Wait, he only got 4.8 points yesterday? :suicide: Oh well.

Surmy
May 25, 2010

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

darkwolf220 posted:

Huge Calvin Johnson fan ^5. Unfortunatly did got get to pick him for my fantasy team this year :(. Got Demarius Thomas instead, so yay. Wait, he only got 4.8 points yesterday? :suicide: Oh well.

If it makes you feel better someone in my league had Josh Gordon, Ray Rice and Sam Bradford.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Surmy posted:

If it makes you feel better someone in my league had Josh Gordon, Ray Rice and Sam Bradford.

Someone in your league is an idiot.

darkwolf220 posted:

He got thrown at 11 times and only caught it 4 times. He'll be worth at least 10 points a game, more in PPR throughout the season.

Julius Thomas though, drat!

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Dark, give me Herbert card! do iitttt.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I've been killing a lot of time watching breaks over the last few months(since I found out they existed) and while I don't collect or watch hockey(yet) I gotta say that the patchrelic cards blow all the other sports out of the water. I've seen a couple dozen casebreaks of the new National Treasures set and some of those patches are just filthy.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Mob posted:

I've been killing a lot of time watching breaks over the last few months(since I found out they existed) and while I don't collect or watch hockey(yet) I gotta say that the patchrelic cards blow all the other sports out of the water. I've seen a couple dozen casebreaks of the new National Treasures set and some of those patches are just filthy.

Hockey patches put all other sports to shame, it is true. National Treasures is also bonkers, that is true too. If you feel like getting into it, hope you join the group. I try to give everyone the best value out there. If this current break were at another site, it would be 28 spots at the same price, not 15 :)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Speaking of national treasures, I got some mail today
It's not a great patch or even a patch, but the price was right and it's 99/99

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
The lamest Book ever? My noob rear end thinks so. Still, a book is a book!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

The non-auto ones like that are more jumbo jersey cards than books. If you treat it like that, it is cool. That was just there way to get a book in every box. But no one buys NT for the books anyway, so it is not like it is effective deceptive marketing.

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

Mob posted:

You really should jump in if you're curious, this will be only my second break with Dark and his regulars but I had a lot of fun last time and got a few good cards out of it to boot! Hockey cards are a great way to get into the sport as well, for me it was the only way living in Australia. A newsagent near me in the late 90's used to stock NBA and NHL cards for some reason (very odd as I can't think of anyone who'd buy them here, especially the hockey cards) and I used to pick up packs for dirt cheap. Aside from the very rare occasional game on cable, that was all the exposure to the NHL that I had but it was enough to get me hooked. :)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Nitramster posted:

The lamest Book ever? My noob rear end thinks so. Still, a book is a book!

Yeah, basically what Dark said, I'm a casual Tavares collector (can't afford his high end stuff) and it was just a cool card to pick up for around 10 bucks.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Are you finished looking over my ebay abs? I need to pull them all down and rethink how I am going to do that.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

darkwolf220 posted:

Are you finished looking over my ebay abs? I need to pull them all down and rethink how I am going to do that.

Yeah I liked some of those bruins cards but I gotta hold off for now

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

This came in the mail today:

:stare:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

Treasures is the best.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

sba posted:

Treasures is the best.

Not everyone is made of money :mad:

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

darkwolf220 posted:

I want that! :stare: Congratulations Dark.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Krigen posted:

I want that! :stare: Congratulations Dark.

Well how convenient, I got it for you! I think this puts us about even with the discrepancy of the snack boxes ;)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

darkwolf220 posted:

Not everyone is made of money :mad:

Thank god for credit then...

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Nice, getting the plate/patch on ebay right now too? :haw:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
How do the Sabres do game-worn stuff? Seems like you might as well go right to the source :v:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Couldn't help myself, had to get in on some of that sweet NT stuff:

Not bad :3:

Also got my replacement from UD for my Tarasenko auto /299 from Trilogy. It is a Shane Doan auto from 07-08 Ultimate. I guess it is ok because something > nothing. Plus it is hard signed. It is too bad it tanked in beckett value when it became clear those were not getting returned. Rabble rabble scam rabble rabble. But whatever, I do like Shane Doan.

Eating the Pudding
Apr 28, 2009

Is tarasenko ever going to sign? :(

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Eating the Pudding posted:

Is tarasenko ever going to sign? :(

I'm going with no.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Which is weird, because he has sticker autos in Score, Prizm and Select. I guess he didn't sign a ton of stickers then.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

sba posted:

Which is weird, because he has sticker autos in Score, Prizm and Select. I guess he didn't sign a ton of stickers then.

Trilogy is a sticker auto too, no dice there. Think it came out before those sets too. But yeah he is live in just a couple things. Going to be a huge blow if he is not an RPA in The Cup, but would they put him in as a redemption with his horrid record? Hell, he might even be a /99 depending on how many they go with. I would be super pissed to get a redemption of his as my case hit. They better not do that.

Who am I kidding, this is UD, gently caress the customer, put him in.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/dave-adams-employees-plead-guilty-1-3-million-theft/

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

poo poo, SBA, run, they found you! :aaa:

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I've started a Calvin DeHaan PC. Hi, I'm anotherblownsave and I have a hockey card collecting problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I got this in the mail today...my god, I will never own a card nicer than this one.

• Locked thread