Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006
That Harper tree is pretty uber, Versatile Adept is crazy good.

Before the enhancement pass I was planning on ending up as a 18rog/1 monk/1 something assassin, this may have revived that dream. Assassinate and stunning blow? Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
So, as a result of introducing melee power, they decided to balance the overall lower dps of melee characters by raising it for everyone a tiny bit, and then massively reducing the effectiveness of the one melee ED that even gave you a chance of keeping up with rangers and casters?

One step forward, two steps back.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
More like 2 steps forward. Since we're getting a global +3/level melee power (so 24 at 28), another 12-18 for the main combat destinies, and another 20 from style. So that's 56% extra damage done (including SAs) for Divine Crusader, as well as passive increase of 62% for Fury/Dreadnought. And then another 50% increase from Blitz (so 112% total). And you don't have to worry about Blitz going away during a red named, let alone a purple named fight, or being just plain annoying.

Of course, I totally agree that there's little reason to care about an extra 56% melee damage over Crusader when Crusader has: heal procs on kill and Aura (which to be fair does poo poo damage on red named), 10% doublestrike (same type as items), +1 crit multi/range (on all weapons at all times, except wraps/animal), passive +4 damage, Consecration's sizable healing and +10% damage, a solid cheap cleave, and Zeal for those red named (which is basically a mini blitz).

Our bards already keep up pretty well on EE runs of quests our Fire Angel sorcerers did, though we don't have quite as much HP so we are more vulnerable to bad luck double/triple strikes. And while there is a SWF nerf coming, it's still looking like we'll gain damage overall from the patch, putting us in an even better position.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Haven't liked the Blitz mechanic in a long time but get that some people like it and want it to stay as is. Removing the charge mechanic, the loss on using portals and on-kill part just make it even more insanely powerful to the point it has to be nerfed. I'll probably start using it again but it sucks for people that use it today and like it

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Your Mp numbers are a little out dates, combat styles where dropped down to 10 instead of 20, and legendary dreadnaught gives less mp per core than fury now, its only 3 per level, for 18 total. So divine crusader, at 28, with 10 combat style is 44 and dreadnaught is 50 + 50 from blitz, and the other melees are 56 mp. I think the loss of the equivalent to 150mp on blitz more than qualifies as two steps back, even if divine crusader is coming out way ahead. There stated goal with this change was to make more melee options viable, and not to nerf existing ones. They have nerfed master blitz, heavily, made divine crusader the unquestionable top choice for melee ED, and have not even come close to making gmotf, shadow dancer, or any other ED's a viable alternative. Based on their own stated goals with this patch, the work they have done has earned them a big fat F.

Woden
May 6, 2006
That's all true, would rather they go slow with it though. MP is really easy to tweak and it's pretty fine grained, so we can get it rolled out over a few patches if things aren't enough rather than see big nerfs. Shadowdancer is a cool ED and yeah it needs more DPS, MP can fix it quickly but just giving it a straight damage multiplier seems pretty boring to me when they can give it something like 200% MP to SA or something. Play to it's strengths. GMoF needs something more targeted too, if the worst melee(not sure what's worst) destiny gets the most straight MP it'll lose some of its flavour and also becomes the best destiny for builds with tons of procs.

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
Does anyone have any Lesser Cannith Power Cells sitting around before I go crazy trying to farm some up?

edit: Nevermind I farmed them. I hated it.

Captain Farce fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 5, 2014

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Vanguard tree details. Looks interesting, much better for Fighters than Paladins though, because they'll have the feats to maximise the benefits of this tree. The cores look good, and getting 50% chance total for auto shield bashes is nice (hopefully the shields actually do decent damage with all the bonuses), but hopefully the up the stun proc in the capstone because 5% is going to be really low. They also can't seem to decide on what the ideal modifier for the tree is - either your highest level one, or strength. While it might increase flexibility for the tree, anyone not using strength is going to be kinda screwed over by the capstone.

quote:

Vanguard: A new tree is now available for Fighters and Paladins! (NOTE: The numbers are not yet finalized, and are subject to change.) The enhancement tree is as follows:
Innate (Core) Abilities
1 AP: To the Fore: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit and damage with your main hand weapon and with your shield bash attacks.
5 AP, Class Level 3: Shield Combat I:
+10% chance to make a secondary shield bash.

10 AP, Class Level 6: Vicious Shield:
While you have a shield equipped, +5% Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed.

20 AP, Class Level 12: Shield Combat II:
Your shield gains +1(W).

30 AP, Class Level 18: Vicious Shield II:
Your shield gains +1 critical threat range, +1 critical multiplier, and +1(W).

40 AP, Class Level 20: Shield Champion:
While you have a shield equipped, gain +2 attack, +2 damage, +5% Doublestrike, +5% Combat Style bonus to Melee Attack Speed.
Your shield gains +1(W).
Your shield bashes stun enemies 5% of the time. DC(10 + 1/2 Character Level + Strength Mod + Stunning Bonuses).

Tier One (0 AP Required)
Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class. Passive
No Weakness: +1/+2/+3 Fortitude Saving Throw. Passive
Unbalancing Shove: When you shield bash, damaged enemies get -1 to Saving Throws for 2/4/6 seconds.
Shield Smash: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Melee attack with your shield for +1/2/3(W) damage. On damage, your PRR and MRR are increased by 2/4/6 for 12 seconds. Cooldown is 16/12/8 seconds.
Armor Training: +1/2/3 to Balance, Intimidate, Jump. Reduce skills penalties for armor and shield by 1/2/3. Passive

Tier Two (5 AP Required)
Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class.
Brutality: +1/+2/+3 to the DC of stunning abilities.
Stunning Shield: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Melee shield bash attack with your shield for +1/2/3[W] attack. This attack stuns enemies unless they make a Fortitude saving throw vs DC(10 + Highest Ability Score Modifier + Character Level + Stunning Bonus). Cooldown 60/45/30 seconds. Stun duration 6 seconds.
Action Boost: Melee Power: +10/20/30% Action Boost bonus to Melee Power for 20 seconds. Usable 5 times per rest.
Missile Shield: While you have a shield equipped, gain the benefits of the Deflect Arrows feat, knocking aside one incoming projectile that would have struck you every 6/4/2 seconds. (Antireq Tempest or Swashbuckler Deflect Arrows) Passive

Tier Three
Shield Specialization: While you have a shield equipped, gain +1 to hit, damage, and armor class.
Follow Up: When you hit an enemy with certain activated stunning abilities (Stunning Blow, Stunning Shield) your melee power is increased by 3/6/9 for 12 seconds whether the stun works or not.
Fatal Bulwark: Your shield gains +1 critical threat range.
Shield Riposte: When missed in melee while wearing a shield: Deals 1d4/1d6/1d8 bludgeoning damage to your attacker. Scales with melee power.
STR/DEX

Tier Four
(NOTE: Shield Charge is not currently working on Lamannia): Shield Charge: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Rush forward up to 30 feet to your selected opponent and deliver a shield attack that hits everything in a around you. Each opponent is knocked down and takes a shield bash attack for +1/2/3[W] damage. The saving throw for the knockdown attack is 20 + Highest Attribute Mod + Class Level + bonuses to trip attacks. Ranks improve cooldown
Myrmidon’s Edge: Passive +1/2/3 to attack rolls to confirm critical hits and damage on critical hits (before weapon multipliers) .
STR/DEX

Tier Five
Shield Rush: While you have a shield equipped, Activate: Move forward in a line, delivering a shield bash attack to every creature hit. This shield bash does +2/4/6[W] damage. Rank improves cooldown
Disorienting Smash: When you shield bash, damaged enemies gain 1 stack of Vulnerability. This can occur at most once every 3/2/1 seconds.
Vulnerability: You take 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.
Shield To The Face: +10% chance to make a secondary shield bash.
Armored Strength: +10 Melee Power

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

The damage numbers are supposedly good but the problem is shield bashes have a one second cool down. Which you can apparently hit on live with just improved shield bash. So while it sounds promising, it looks like they have some technical issues to work around. On the bright side you can get bashes even while moving now. Also shield charge and rush both sound fun to use, especially if they let you jump gaps.

So I'm concerned it's gonna go live and be useless due to silly design issues but I'm hoping it comes out as a reasonable competitor to other styles.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Yeah I am pretty keen to try it out. I would like to do pure paladin next life but feats would super tight. I would like to see Vanguard giving tower shield proficiency for Paladins but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Woden
May 6, 2006
A tree based on shield loving shield bashes? :lol:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Auto shield bashes, not standing there and bashing (which is a massive DPS loss). We always knew that was the point of the tree, give shield a DPS form through bashes and shield bonuses. And since it's fighter and paladin only you can dip into their other DPS or tanking trees too. Heavy armor and a shield will be hilariously tanky after the patch and might even do non-anemic DPS if they fix the cool down problem.

Woden
May 6, 2006
You can get a crit profile of 11-20x5(I think) on a Madstone Aegis and 6W or more on its 2d10 base damage, mobs will be dying so fast after all this melee power comes in that I don't think the 1 sec cool down will be a huge issue. Just running from mob to mob should clear it, but maybe since we'll have super defence people will just round up large groups instead. Do bashes hit AoE or just one dude?

I didn't know it was going to be all about bashes, thought it was just supposed to be general SnB DPS kind of like swashbuckler.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Bashes hit just one person. One of the devs said in the Lamannia forums that the idea of shield bashes for Vanguard is that they will be slow, but "hit like a truck". I'm fully down with that idea, a shield bash in real life would be exactly that. Plus, not that it's really taken in to account, but you'd be able to combined piercing or slashing plus bludgeoning damage all the time.

A Bladeforged tank paladin (or fighter/paladin) will be pretty ridiculous though - free quicken on SLAs isn't going away, and given they still fully benefit from Lay on Hands...they're just going to be so hard to take down. With all these changes, you'll be able to stack huge amounts of doublestrike pretty easily at 20. Just going with some rough values:

- 5% item
- 5% capstone
- 10% Zeal spell
- 3% Martial past life (could easily be 6%)
- 3% Hail of Blows twist
- 7% Legendary Shield Mastery twist
- 8% Improved Shield Mastery

= 41% doublestrike that's easily obtainable. Hell, once you get Perfect TWF at 26, and if you have more martial past lives, you could crack 50% no sweat. As doublestrike is just as good as attack speed for increasing DPS (they're both really just an extra X amount of attacks in a given period of time), any attack speed boosts you do get will just make it beastly. I'd think the doublestrike would also apply to shield bashes, but that needs testing.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Doublestrike only affects main hand, bashes should only get Shield To The Face which is 10%.

Edit: perfect TWF might add in offhand doublestrike for it but doubt it.

Woden fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 6, 2014

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Recently started playing with a friend and any information we can find seems to be outdated. Can anyone tell me what feats/bonuses actually work with a Wild Shaped Druid?

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
http://ddowiki.com/page/Wild_Shape#Animal_Forms

DDO Wiki is generally a pretty good place to start. What feats/bonuses specifically were you interested in?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I was using the wiki and (for unknown reasons) decided to hop over to the ddo forums. I think the biggest discrepancy were with Two-Weapon/Single Weapon Fighting and the way weapons interact with Wild Shape.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Except in this case, DDO wiki is out of date on animal forms. It mentions two weapon fighting feats do not work with animal forms, when they in fact do for some reason, and it also doesn't address SWF which also works in animal form. Taking ranger level 2 after you have taken the SWF feat will get around the antireq and let you take all the way up to greater in both lines. This post seems to be the best at describing the different interactions between weapon feats and druid forms.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/445116-Wolf-proc-speed-build-ee-focused

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah Druid animal form stuff is a giant mess, it's a shame.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Well that convinced me to try another class altogether.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Druids aren't going to get any stealth nerfs it seems, the developers are all about well researched changes these days. This makes a lot of sense as most of them are new to DDO and with the level 30 cap coming in we need balance not knee jerk changes. Can't find the quote about it but druids are problematic because they were supposed to only get natural fighting, those feats are garbage though. Having them stack with TWF isn't over powered on their crappy 20x2 crit profile, and might even be a little weak but also stacking with SWF is(was?) game breakingly good.

I did one for my druid life and it was ridiculous. Saves didn't really matter because mobs died in less than a second and your healing DoTs kept you up fine, still worse than a well build sorc though. Grouped with a couple of great sorc players and couldn't really keep up on the kill counts, nothing else was close though, not bards, throwers, monk archers, centered kenseis or wizards.

Missed this previously from the change log on lama:

quote:

Certain types of armor now have a cap on them for the purposes of attaining a higher Magical Resistance Rating:
(LAMANNIA UPDATE): Robes or Outfits: 50
(LAMANNIA UPDATE): Light Armor: 100
That's a really solid change and makes light armour viable, the previous 100 MRR cap on robes was way too much. Monks can still get more PRR than light and have it easier to max out dodge.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Another small (but important) change coming with U23, they're implementing preloading/caching as a launcher option. It's enabled by default if you have > 2 GB of RAM. So no more super long load times without an SSD.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I've been using the DDO Preload thing for months now. Made it annoying whenever I wanted to buy points though, because I then had to suffer through slow load times in Steam.

Woden, how do Monks breach the robes MRR/PRR cap?

Woden
May 6, 2006
30 from Deathwyrm bracers and then 25 from taking 3 levels of paladin already puts you 5 over the 50 MRR cap, Blitz can add another 30 and there'll be more sources of MRR in the future. I don't think there's a PRR cap at all but could be wrong.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

No, there's no PRR cap right now.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
So I think I've got a plan for what I'm going to do with my second Raider's Box. As opposed to grabbing a CITW weapon, I think I might take the 5 commendations of heroism instead, and then make two sets of Dragonscale Armour with them. I've got enough scales to make Red, Black and Green (or even two sets of red with just 6 more scales) armour, and I was planning on one set in heavy, and the other as a docent (for any robe builds, I have a Spider Spun Caparison that's part of the Sun Soul set and I can really only see myself doing robe-based builds with lots of monk levels anyway, and none of those dragon armours are actually any better). I just can't decide which colour should be the docent, and which should be the heavy armour. Thoughts, anyone?

The Velah armour is also an option, it'd be pretty sweet with a couple of different builds I think, and goes nicely with Divine Crusader as well. Plus, two augment slots is nice. No Shard of the Red Dragon, so not on the table right now.

Gammon fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 11, 2014

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I'd go with Black Armor unless you want a caster in which case Blue is good of course. Velah Red is good but having to get a Shard of the Red Dragon sucks. I just don't think the other melee armors give good enough bonuses to justify giving up Armor Piercing and Relentless Fury. A lot of other common gear gives the same or lesser but solid versions of the effects found on others (seeker 10 from the red isn't worth the upgrade over seeker 6 from say an Epic Stalker Ring).

That said, if you're looking for long term armor, I look into Shadowscale Armor. Shadow Guardian is ridiculous, even if they don't change the applied order in U23. The other effects are not bad and even ML26 stuff is a really solid set of armor.

I'd also highly suggest you just try and find some Fall of Truth runs or something to get CoHs, because 5 CoHs is (at worst) 5 normal FoT runs. It could take so many more runs of CitW (which are/were vastly harder to fill/find) to get a weapon, let alone one you want.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Are Armour Piercing/Relentless Fury really that awesome? Fury in particular seems pretty meh to me - unique bonus, sure, but 5% damage to physical damage doesn't seem that great. I did come to the conclusion that red dragon armour would be wasted as a docent, because 100% fort is kinda wasted on a war/bladeforged...but Proof Against Poison also seems pretty useless for them too. Power Store seems like a very useful property, I've really only seen that on the set bonus for some of the Eveningstar stuff.

Doing some Fall of Truth runs sounds like a good idea though, if CoHs are that common from there. I've never actually done it before, guess I'll do the flagging for it in the next day or so. Shadowscale Armour also looks great, I had no idea the dragon scales for them weren't bound. Guessing they're expensive though, but another option to explore. Thanks!

Edit - Found a suspiciously great deal on the shard exchange, 40 shards for 1000 scales. Guess I can make and upgrade 10 sets of armour.

Gammon fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 11, 2014

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah, you can also find Fire Dragon Scales there for around the same price. Which lets you create Tier 2 thunder-forged weapons if you can get the ingots (I didn't look at their current price).

And all raid bosses have 50% fort last I heard, though that was long enough ago it could have changed. And of course Undead ones have 100%. Not sure how much random trash has fort, but there's enough undead in the game that having some passive fort bypass on your armor or going Dragon's Edge on Tier 2 Thunder-forged is handy (the latter also doing bleeding damage on crit so it's solid all around). This is more true with Epic Orchard being the new hot end game thing in a couple weeks.

Sadly Tier 3 Thunder-forged requires Phlogiston, so no Mortal Fear without doing the raids. And that sounds like a ridiculous grind. Not one I care to do probably even when we can use them for 2 levels fully upgraded doing TRs.

Power Store's alright I guess, it's technically a 10% increase in your spell point pool (ignoring rounding errors) but how often do you need that? If you're at around 1k SP its only 100 extra SP which isn't generally going to be make or break. If you've got over 3k where it's giving you 300 effective spell points... you're never running out anyways. Majors are common enough (let alone a poo poo ton of concentrated majors you may have from anniversary boxes) that using one every now and again isn't a big deal.

And if you ever do EE, 100%+ fort on a *forged is still handy. Remember rogue mobs bypass fort equal to their CR and their SAs/crits loving hurt.

Relentless Fury isn't ridiculously good, but under most non-raid circumstances its a 5% boost in your damage that's up all the time passively. That's quite a lot for an armor slot in DDO (which rarely has damage effects). Seeker 6->10 with a 40%/x3 weapon is +5~ damage/hit on average. So if your physical damage is > 100, then Relentless Fury is more effective. Comparing those two is obviously going to depend heavily on your crit profile though.

And Fall of Truth's commendation rate is 1 100% of the time on normal, hard is 50% 1 and 50% 2, Elite is 50% 2 and 50% 3.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 11, 2014

Woden
May 6, 2006
Agree with storing that battle box, if some weird weapon from CitW suddenly becomes sweet for you that's 20-40 runs or so to get it but 5 CoH should only take a few EH FoT runs.

Armour Piercing is pretty great IMO, epic necro will be almost 100% undead and you'd be crazy not to check it out. Thunderforged seems to be being pushed as the new end game weapons too(where the gently caress is my epic deathnip) and there's a ton of undead in those raids as well

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
Thunderforged ingots are pretty drat cheap it seems - 11 shards for 500 is the cheapest I saw. Might come down even further, so I'm in no rush to buy them right now. Ditto for the fire dragon scales, once I work out what I actually want to make I'll look at buying some of both. Good point about epic Necro and armour piercing, hadn't really thought of that.

I also generally run well above 100% fort anyway, just to make sure I don't get sneak attacked or critted . Tt really seems like the best thing to hope for is getting one of those Shards of the Red Dragon, because there's nothing really bad about that armour.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Velah red dragon armor is also level 20, which is super nice. Just no one really runs VoN and the drop rates are pretty bad. One of the many reasons Epic Sword of Shadows isn't worth the effort anymore. They really need to go back to that and Titan and remove the hard player requirement stuff (and just let you zone in straight to the raid boss area, same for DQ).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I was bored and just resubscribed*, after what seems to be about 18 months according to the guild status.

My best character is a level 23 HOrc barbarian, and I have no idea what I am doing. My gear is pretty bad, but I did make what I think was referred to as a Lit II Green Steel Falchion (Holy, Shocking Blast + Burst, Lightning Strike), for the purpose of TR'ing as other melee classes but never got around to it. Any suggestions on what to do? I quit before Shadowfell Conspiracy came out and of course I don't own that yet, but I will probably get it if it makes sense.

*I've always done the VIP thing, so I figured it was probably best to do so again to access my otherwise locked characters shared vault, and all those adventure packs that I wouldn't have access to.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me

DemonMage posted:

Velah red dragon armor is also level 20, which is super nice. Just no one really runs VoN and the drop rates are pretty bad. One of the many reasons Epic Sword of Shadows isn't worth the effort anymore. They really need to go back to that and Titan and remove the hard player requirement stuff (and just let you zone in straight to the raid boss area, same for DQ).

VoN is easily the most frequently run raid I see groups forming up for. I see several a day. But, point taken about the low, low drop rate. Best I can hope for is to get lucky. Really kinda miffed that the Light Shadowscale armour is limited to either sneak attack or caster buffs.

Hamburger Test posted:

I was bored and just resubscribed*, after what seems to be about 18 months according to the guild status.

My best character is a level 23 HOrc barbarian, and I have no idea what I am doing. My gear is pretty bad, but I did make what I think was referred to as a Lit II Green Steel Falchion (Holy, Shocking Blast + Burst, Lightning Strike), for the purpose of TR'ing as other melee classes but never got around to it. Any suggestions on what to do? I quit before Shadowfell Conspiracy came out and of course I don't own that yet, but I will probably get it if it makes sense.

*I've always done the VIP thing, so I figured it was probably best to do so again to access my otherwise locked characters shared vault, and all those adventure packs that I wouldn't have access to.

I also subscribe so I don't have to worry about what I've got access to and what I do not. If you're 23, and don't have an Epic Destiny maxed out, I'd suggest maybe looking at reincarnating. If you DO have an epic destiny maxed, then maybe see about hitting 28 and Epic TRing followed by regular TRing so you can get an extra little boost for your next life (epic TR sets you back to 20, and as a half orc you can then heroic TR straight away).

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I'm rank 21 in Fury of the Wild, I've been out so long that I don't really remember how long it takes to rank up, and things could have changed since anyway. I think I spent over half an hour filling in my enhancements, then I cancelled and logged out because I have no idea what to pick and I wasn't sure what the cost to reset would be if I picked wrong. It used to be Frenzied Berserker was the only choice but both the other trees seem to have good stuff now too. I'm probably going to have to read up on it a bit - and whatever they did to TR / Epic Reincarnation.

I ran around killing stuff in devil battlefield a bit just to get used to things again, even without enhancements my orc was more resilient than I expected.

Gammon
Aug 20, 2003
Cliff Yablonski Hates Me
I believe ED's max out at rank 25, so you'd easily hit that before 28 (takes 2 million epic xp to max out a destiny I believe, and 6.6 million xp to hit 28 from 20, so you can fill out 3 ED's each life.

Resetting enhancements doesn't cost that much, at least not the first time. I hear Storm's Eye is a pretty terrible capstone, so maybe don't worry about going full on FB. I've never tried it, but I like the look of Occult Slayer, and Ravager also looks pretty cool.

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Guys I think I broke my weapon what is going on

Well okay maybe my shield is still alrig-

Oh god I think I broke DDO somebody send help

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Exploit weakness sure is good, except that means you have gone 3 hits in a row without critting, scrub. L2Crit.
Is the blessing of Onatar new? I haven't seen that before. Also should be a Madstone Aegis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawaii Kiwi
Sep 22, 2004
I'm a sad panda too.
Madstone Aegis doesn't automatically shield bash when you swing your weapon! Or at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't. Blessing of Onatar is what you get if you spend shards to repair stuff. It draws from a list of stuff which buffs your shield, weapon and armor. I've seen .5W, 1W, 1d4 elemental damage, +10 hardness, etc.

I did this on the test server because haha at wasting shards on that normally.

BTW it took forever to get that many hits without critting :(

• Locked thread