Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Whitezombi posted:

Email me - natebolin at the email that snypes with g.

Natebolin@goatse.CX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

VomitOnLino posted:

Also I've made us famous, okay -- well; Tumblr famous. Basically when shooting the AE-1 around the world camera I ran into noted photographer John Sypal and he did a thing for his Tokyo Camera Style. And we're in it! Here's the relevant tumblr post: clicky clicky.

Haha, that's awesome. Really funny that a link to D.I.C.P.I.X is now on Tokyo Camera Style.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Yes.

Please send all dick pix to this email address.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
So whats the deal with shitcam? I may want to use it for a portrait project outside my soulmate bar. If 8thsam has it next, how about that shitographer comes to portland and hand delivers it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Musket posted:

So whats the deal with shitcam? I may want to use it for a portrait project outside my soulmate bar. If 8thsam has it next, how about that shitographer comes to portland and hand delivers it.

I already packed it up and slapped a label on it so its going to 8th-snype.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Musket posted:

This can be arranged.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I just uploaded all my stuff to the D.I.C.P.I.X. collection. Well most of it anyway.
I also signed the case and everything, even got some fresh film. Spedman you got my mail?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
My bad with the late reply, busy weekend of footy finals here in Melbourne, email has been sent!

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

loving. AWESOME.

Yes, send it to Australia, then after it's wandered around there for a bit I'm sure Alkanphel will be back from his big adventures and able to show us the (grainy, poorly exposed, misfocused) sights of Singapore or wherever. I'm not accusing Alkanphel of those faults, I'm talking about the limitations of the camera.

Yeah whoever is in Australia can send me the camera after September, then I take some crazy grainy misfocused shots of Singapore :D

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-snype posted:

This can be arranged.

Could do a photobeers meet up in my hood on a weekend night and take drunk portraits. My sofa is available. My body is ready.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

Musket posted:

Could do a photobeers meet up in my hood on a weekend night and take drunk portraits. My sofa is available. My body is ready.

I will get at you when this wedding shindig is over. If noone hears from me in two weeks I died from central NY's lack of culture.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

I will get at you when this wedding shindig is over. If noone hears from me in two weeks I died from central NY's lack of culture.

Finally, something to look forward to in this thread.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Mr. Despair posted:

Finally, something to look forward to in this thread.

I have been here exactly four hours and it's already worse than your posts.

EDIT: Update poo poo cam arrived just on time for garbage day.

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 8, 2014

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

The camera is literally worse than my posting.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-snype posted:

my balls were on that camera

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

my balls were on that camera

same

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

VomitOnLino posted:

I just uploaded all my stuff to the D.I.C.P.I.X. collection. Well most of it anyway.
I also signed the case and everything, even got some fresh film.
Good stuff. I am well pleased. Especially by the lack of testicles in any of those pictures.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

Good stuff. I am well pleased. Especially by the lack of testicles in any of those pictures.

Dang! I knew I had forgotten something... oh well too late now.
Camera is back on it's way!

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
It'd be sweet for this to end up in Panama but I'm a broke rear end Peace Corps volunteer who couldn't afford to ship it. Also not sure if there's much anywhere in Panama to get it developed. However, if you guys could get it down here decently before 12/19 I can bring it back with me to the States and get the film developed and ship the camera.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Panama would be great but the way this thing moves it's more realistic to start thinking of what you'd shoot the next time you're in Panama.

On the other hand, couldn't you "ship" it by tossing it onto a passing freighter?

huhu
Feb 24, 2006

ExecuDork posted:

Panama would be great but the way this thing moves it's more realistic to start thinking of what you'd shoot the next time you're in Panama.

On the other hand, couldn't you "ship" it by tossing it onto a passing freighter?

As in hide it on a freighter? Or just throw it at a ship and hope it heads to New Orleans or Newark? I doubt there's any possibility any which way of me doing that. I'll be in Panama until at least 9/2015 so if not this time, some time in the future.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

lol if you think you can get anywhere near the actual active canal zone, much less the locks

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Just to update everyone, there's been a little issue with getting the camera from the Melbourne Airport to my house from Japan (thanks VomitOnLino!), but I've called the actually quite helpful Australia Post and they're going to resend it out this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in time to shoot some of the action around the city with the Aussie Rules Football grand final this weekend.

Also, any Aussies out their who want the camera after me get in touch! tdjames82 at the mail that starts with a g

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Funnily enough I am flying into Melbourne airport tomorrow

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

I thought I had posted in this thread before, weird. If you want to send the camera all the way down to Chile, I'm game.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

El Laucha posted:

I thought I had posted in this thread before, weird. If you want to send the camera all the way down to Chile, I'm game.
South America! Excellent!

"All the way down" isn't really the operative term here, it's "All the way across the Southern Pacific", once Australia / New Zealand / Singapore are done with it.

I'm quite happy for the AE-1 to bounce around Oceana / SE Asia for a while, and I'd be delighted if it next went to South America. Given the pace of things around here, though, that could be months away.

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Spedman posted:

Just to update everyone, there's been a little issue with getting the camera from the Melbourne Airport to my house from Japan (thanks VomitOnLino!), but I've called the actually quite helpful Australia Post and they're going to resend it out this week. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in time to shoot some of the action around the city with the Aussie Rules Football grand final this weekend.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you capture. Local footy's finished here, so there's not much going on :(

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Man_alive posted:

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what you capture. Local footy's finished here, so there's not much going on :(

Well I won't be capturing any of the game, I won't be getting a ticket this year. But I'll hopefully get some of the colour before and after around Melbourne, maybe get the Grand Final parade on Friday.

The mess-up with the camera has been sorted and I'll pick it up tomorrow on the way to work.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
Here's a photo of the shitcam at a wedding...on the table dedicated to deceased family members.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Here's a photo of the shitcam at a wedding...on the table dedicated to deceased family members.

RIP Shitcam

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

poo poo, that's beautiful.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I also used it to to photograph several totally unimportant wedding events like the bouquet toss and the first dance. I am the worst wedding photographer ever all week I have been taunting the bride by posting photos of my feet up on stuff at her wedding on Facebook. ( It's cool she's an old friend not like a real paying client)

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

ExecuDork posted:

I offered to take the camera skiing with me one day.

Two seasons ago.

The offer still stands, hell, depending on when in the next 10 years it makes Whistler I might even be able to take it somewhere cool like New Zealand.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's Sunday afternoon (here), a perfect time for some wild fantasizing!

Here's an idea - and I fully expect reality to deviate sharply from this - for what I'd like to see in terms of the AE-1's travels.

Currently, Australia. There are, what, 3 Oz-goons interested in this? Any other Australians who want in, now's the time.

After Australia, Singapore - alkanphel is the only Dorkroom goon who lives in Southeast Asia (if I'm wrong, tell me!) and it'd be awesome to get some pictures from the center of the world's trade routes.

Then, South America. Chile would be fantastic.

After that, the AE-1 can return to North America, the west coast of either the USA or Canada. HookShot, your offers have always been noted and we will get that camera into your hands, eventually.

Speaking of eventually, I'd like the camera to come back to me at some point, to complete One Lap around the world. Then I'd send it onwards again, because I love this project.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Personally I'd like to see the shitcam visit goon-dense regions (Oregon, Calgary, Vancouver, etc), since really it's a thing best appreciated with friends who can laugh about what complete trash it is and generate many pictures of people flipping off the camera.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

Personally I'd like to see the shitcam visit goon-dense regions (Oregon, Calgary, Vancouver, etc), since really it's a thing best appreciated with friends who can laugh about what complete trash it is and generate many pictures of people flipping off the camera.

helps if there are cliffs nearby

to throw it off

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Yeah I'm good to take it on after Australia, then send it to wherever it needs to go next. I think I'm probably the only Dorkroom guy in SEA, the rest posting photos of SEA seem to just be tourists.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

alkanphel posted:

Yeah I'm good to take it on after Australia, then send it to wherever it needs to go next. I think I'm probably the only Dorkroom guy in SEA, the rest posting photos of SEA seem to just be tourists.

It's a well-known fact that there's nowhere worth living between Vancouver and Portland :v:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

It's a well-known fact that there's nowhere worth living between Vancouver and Portland :v:

Not only is this incorrect, he's talking about South East Asia. Go home mod you're drunk.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

Not only is this incorrect, he's talking about South East Asia. Go home mod you're drunk.:v:

Not my fault they named their airport after a different region of the world :colbert:

• Locked thread