Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Whenever people bring up squats I always think of that insane story Daivari told, where he decided he wanted to learn from Benoit because of Benoit's rep. So he decides to work out with Benoit, and Benoit used to do something like a few hundred hindu squats regularly. Daivari decides to do it too, and can barely move the next day. When he goes to piss, out comes a bunch of blood, and tissue fiber.

Benoit was a lunatic. In the first Jericho book, he mentions Benoit doing a few hundred squats as a form of self punishment. P. sure he was still in dress clothes while doing the squats too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Another Person posted:

Benoit was a lunatic.

Hey hey now, let's not rush to judgement.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
I meant when it came to ridiculous exercise regimes. Even Jericho thought that was a crazy thing to do. Benoit was all about his intense and inhuman regimes. When it comes to killing a wife and child, he was a severely battered and beaten up from years of wear and tear, drug addled lunatic.

e; unless it was a planned hit by Vince McMahon, sending his heavies in to beat up a vanilla midget in the heat of the night. #askquestions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Benoit did nothing wrong

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

his wife and kids could have tapped if they wanted him to release the hold

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
the kid probably wouldn'tve made it, you gotta stretch the young boys out. Chris went to Japan, he knows that

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The weight machine should have broken the hold, Benoit was in the ropes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris Benoit murdered his family lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Another Person posted:

I meant when it came to ridiculous exercise regimes. Even Jericho thought that was a crazy thing to do. Benoit was all about his intense and inhuman regimes. When it comes to killing a wife and child, he was a severely battered and beaten up from years of wear and tear, drug addled lunatic.

e; unless it was a planned hit by Vince McMahon, sending his heavies in to beat up a vanilla midget in the heat of the night. #askquestions

He had been abusive to his wife for years. He was a lunatic in general.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bradzilla posted:

Chris Benoit murdered his family lol

And I don't know how to accept that.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

MassRafTer posted:

He also clearly wasn't right in the head. Wasn't there that story from Regal that Benoit invited him over to watch some Japanese wrestling and then when he turned up Benoit chased him off ranting and raving.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

He was a lunatic, I agree.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Another Person posted:

Benoit was a lunatic. In the first Jericho book, he mentions Benoit doing a few hundred squats as a form of self punishment. P. sure he was still in dress clothes while doing the squats too.

Actually, if I remember correctly, he made a rookie do 1000 squats for breaking some dumb lockerroom code, and he did 1000 himself next to him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm sure there's more than one story about Chris Benoit, squat-freak.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Didn't Ric Flair's insane workout regimen involve several hundred squats?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
No you guys it was Kevin Sullivan he framed Benoit and I know this because

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Luigi Thirty posted:

If that's what you want to call drinks, sure.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Flair's thing was going to the gym, getting on the Stairmaster and using that until a normal person would have exploded into giblets.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Luigi Thirty posted:

That was Backlund

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Nah, Flair had a really crazy regimen when he was young too, he apparently had incredible cardio. He'd do bets with guys where he'd go running for miles after working a match.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Nah, Flair had a really crazy regimen when he was young too, he apparently had incredible cardio. He'd do bets with guys where he'd go running for miles after working a match.

Which goes a long way towards explaining those stories where Flair would go drinking until 7 in the morning, then be at the arena for noon and do a 60 minute draw with Barry Windham.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Corey Graves should STAY DOWN:

http://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/506832310130708480

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Corey Graves should gently caress off, untalented wanker.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Thought he was done wrestling because of his injuries? Why are they still keeping him around?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Roman Reigns posted:

Thought he was done wrestling because of his injuries? Why are they still keeping him around?
I think because it looks lovely on WWE to fire a guy for concussions so they probably gave him a job at NXT for something else.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They should keep him around for CM Punk's return where he'll come up to Corey Graves, call him a poser, slap him and Corey will never be seen again.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i dont like corey graves but it's funny to see people on twitter be assholes to each other

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Wait a minute.

Corey Graves is still alive?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

They should keep him around for CM Punk's return where he'll come up to Corey Graves, call him a poser, slap him and Corey will never be seen again.

Hey now, Shannon Moore was seen after that segment.

Like 3 times getting squashed by Punk in as many weeks.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Victim-blaming depresses me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
How you hype a show:

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Juventud Guerrera posted:

Last night at #PACW show in wichita #TX with #Bigpapapum #stainerbrothers, it was good to see U .!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Dolph Ziggler posted:

no you know why you're my boo @Applebees #CLEvsPIT #herewegobrownies
Well at least I have one thing in common with Dolph, I do like Applebees, but then again I think he is forced to like it.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

achillesforever6 posted:

Well at least I have one thing in common with Dolph, I do like Applebees, but then again I think he is forced to like it.

Could be worse, he could be watching Eagles-Jags

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Aw man Ziggler why

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not a fortune teller but I'd imagine being from Cleveland has something to do with it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Atticus Finch posted:

Aw man Ziggler why
I mean he's from Cleveland so he could be worse, he could be those Clevelanders who give up and decide ditch the zero and join the hero and become a Steelers fan.

Applebees I don't know, I mean like most of those kinds of places I just order the chicken strips with extra BBQ sauce on the side and I'm okay because you can't really gently caress up that.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rovert posted:

How you hype a show:

eventually this guy is getting a kaientai gimmick, you all know it

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Ziggler being a Browns fan is pretty appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

purkey posted:

Ziggler being a Browns fan is pretty appropriate.
I mean its appropriate he won the WHC and IC belts since those title used to mean something back in the day, but all everyone cares about now is the WWE Title.