Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

i've got it. the perfect crime.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah it isn't hard to get all that poo poo that early if that's what you're trying to do. The whole I haven't done this/can't do this, ergo they must be cheating thing is dumb but it always crops up in the thread from time to time.

not how early they have it, just how feasible it is to have the stats to do all of this poo poo, that early. but I have professionally calculated everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy crap I just saw the eyes on top of the flexile sentrys heads. Before I thought that was just the top and their face was hidden behind that metal grille.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I hope you've found a Basilisk's eyes as well, dude.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
uh by the way, which bonfire do I ascetic to respawn the chariot?

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

uh by the way, which bonfire do I ascetic to respawn the chariot?

The one right after, next to the Brotherhood of Blood covenant guy.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
thank

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

I hope you've found a Basilisk's eyes as well, dude.

Hey man I'm playin on like the lowest settings possible practically.

Also imo the way I imagined them is scarier :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SHISHKABOB posted:

Hey man I'm playin on like the lowest settings possible practically.

Also imo the way I imagined them is scarier :colbert:

I mean their actual eyes, not those googly things. :v:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I though basilisks were really funny looking, until someone told me about the eyes. Since then they're 100% creepy/scary. Talk about a well done enemy.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Blue Sentinels: a fun, multi-player online experience

http://gfycat.com/DimpledEagerIndusriverdolphin

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

I mean their actual eyes, not those googly things. :v:

sorry I was still talking about the flexile sentry

imo the basilisks look goofy as heck. Though that's probably because I watched the heck out of dark souls and wasn't really surprised by them. I think the basilisks were placed really well in DS2, but in DS2 it's like they're just sort of whatever. Oh you popped out of the sand, oh you are behind a door, oh you are... I don't remember. There's a pit full of them and then there's those huge ones that I always kill with arrows cause gently caress that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

West Ham Sandwich posted:

There are literally too many cops and not enough sinners. If you wanna fight some dudes, you gotta join the covenant that's all about the blood :getin:

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Sadly unlike red invaders blue cops rarely do anything fun.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Suitaru posted:

There are literally too many cops and not enough sinners. If you wanna fight some dudes, you gotta join the covenant that's all about the blood :getin:

Yeah I have several guys that are in BoB but I wanna rank up as a bluecop.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've murdered most of the NPCs except for the blacksmith(s) and Chollane on my current character. I'm running into a number of blue cops and I've only just reached Aerie Peak.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Are you in NG+? Are you moving around? I had no real problem moving from Heide's Tower of Flame to Huntsman's Copse to Undead Crypt in NG+ and getting hits.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Aerie and the crypt are the blue cop hot spots. I don't think it's even possible to run through the aerie without getting invaded at least twice.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Stokes posted:

Are you in NG+? Are you moving around? I had no real problem moving from Heide's Tower of Flame to Huntsman's Copse to Undead Crypt in NG+ and getting hits.

Yes and yes. I haven't tried aerie yet, though, but this video was recorded after 10+ misses at the Copse, then a couple of misses at FoFG, an invasion gank attempt on me, and then moving to Heide's and getting 5 or so misses before hitting my record hotkey.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Is there a list out there with all the equipment pieces that confer special bonuses, like the Iron King Crown regenerating spell charges or the Penal Cuffs giving a bonus to Pyro damage?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Time_pants posted:

like the Iron King Crown regenerating spell charges

are you kidding me

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Gologle posted:

are you kidding me

It's a nice thing to have, but don't think it's going to turn you into an infinite spell slinger. It takes over a minute for it to refresh casts, and even then it's not going to give you that many back. I find it works great with Denial so that you can always have it on, since Denial lasts slightly longer than the recharge rate.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Time_pants posted:

Is there a list out there with all the equipment pieces that confer special bonuses, like the Iron King Crown regenerating spell charges or the Penal Cuffs giving a bonus to Pyro damage?
This isn't up to date with the DLC, but it hits a lot of things:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Armors+with+Special+Effects

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sadly it's a helm when there's so many better helms for spellcasters like straid's hood, but it's decent for light weight people that carry around pyromancy or Magic Weapon/utlity casts. Then again, just chomp an Amber Herb but the value.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If you're a faith character then you don't really care about that. Having your casts regenerate is waaaay better than most any other options, especially for Denial and Sunlight Blade. It's not like any of the offensive miracles are worth a drat so there's no point to faster cast time. Extra casts might be an alternative since the Hexer's Hood would be lighter.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You can't talk about basilisk eyes and not post picture.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Reason posted:

You can't talk about basilisk eyes and not post picture.

I didn't know about this being a thing and... gently caress!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ok you know what's a really fuckin weird but thing that's going on with my game: every time someone gets summoned or I am summoned my windows media player thingy pauses... and then unpauses when my duty is fulfilled. It doesn't pause again if I hit the play button (I've got a fancy one on my keyboard).

It's really weird.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goddamn, after bashing my head against the Fume Knight for two days I went back to the Shrine of Amana and CRUISED through a bunch of story stuff that I couldn't even touch before. After training on the Fume Knight I managed to beat Velstadt without getting hit once :c00lbert:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

RuBisCO posted:

Just finished the Iron King DLC which rules because it gave me this rogue as gently caress set for plundering the final DLC.

:getin:.

It's about time people start realizing how loving good the Fume Sorceror set is. Even the mask looks amazing by itself with other armor sets

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Concurred posted:

It's about time people start realizing how loving good the Fume Sorceror set is. Even the mask looks amazing by itself with other armor sets

The leggings go fantastically with both Leydia sets.

V8Cougar
Jan 8, 2005

\/\/\/\/\/
R A W R
/\/\/\/\/\

SHISHKABOB posted:

Ok you know what's a really fuckin weird but thing that's going on with my game: every time someone gets summoned or I am summoned my windows media player thingy pauses... and then unpauses when my duty is fulfilled. It doesn't pause again if I hit the play button (I've got a fancy one on my keyboard).

It's really weird.

Windows treats summons/invasions as communications activity, so it might be a Windows Media Player setting that pauses it when such activity is detected. Some people were having Windows reduce the volume when an invasion occurred (you can control this at Sound > Communications).

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Smelter Demon V2 is the biggest piece of poo poo boss in the DS series. :arghfist:

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Got Smelter V2 on the first try. :smug: Fume Knight is the real motherfucker in DS history. I think he's killed me more times than that little lava pit in front of the Iron King, which is loving saying something.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Just wear the ring in the DLC areas and you'll be summoned to help in no time.

Being a blue is poo poo though and every blue I've faced has been boring. At least reds are fun for PVP since they don't lose anything from dying as a phantom.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Wait, Bluecops lose something if they die?

And man, just killed the Ancient Dragon without it so much as touching me this time around. That's kind of sad when I think about it. :smith:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Nahxela posted:

This isn't up to date with the DLC, but it hits a lot of things:
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Armors+with+Special+Effects

This is perfect. Thank you!

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

And man, just killed the Ancient Dragon without it so much as touching me this time around. That's kind of sad when I think about it. :smith:

They lose the cracked blue orb mainly. Othervise they only have something to gain from killing the sinner. Back when the game came out on PC I got invaded by a lot of casters because I imagine they wanted wrath of god from the covenant. Red invaders have nothing to gain from invading so you can more commonly meet people just trying out some silly gimmick. Though red invasions are so rare that I have no idea how common it is for them to not be doing the same boring tryhard PVP builds as blue cops do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

poptart_fairy posted:

Well if the Ancient Dragon touches you, it usually means you're dead :v:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Midgets. Creepier than the Painted World. Well played From.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Tae posted:

Well if the Ancient Dragon touches you, it usually means you're dead :v:

Smart rear end. :colbert:

And man, bit disappointed with the performance of Estocs at 40/40. The Chancellor's rapier and a regular rapier already deal significant damage, and the boost I get from counter attacks is absolutely massive due to the 140 bonus. Tempted to drop those 32 points of extra strength and put them into ATT or something. Comedy option: add them to my 32 ADP and try to get 115 agility up from 105.