Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Almost a year after release and it still can't remember if you cleared yellow triangles or not between rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Skater h8er posted:

so since most of the xbone crew is getting destiny is there a clan thing on there already set up or no.

Are any of the PS4krew getting Destiny? I'm mighty tempted to switch platforms.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Everyone is getting Destiny

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Laffing that the game still doesn't save your soldier camo choice between rounds

Sorry I left so early. Since I don't have a headset, I can only hear about 50% of what you guys say (over explosions and stuff), so I feel even less helpful than a pubbie. :(

Squad: "Look out behind you, he'll kill us all!!!!"
Me: [Admires butterfly]

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Everyone is getting Destiny

Yeah, I think my friends list will be full of people playing Destiny through September. Didn't realise until now but I always thought it was a PlayStation exclusive for some reason.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Captain Pike posted:

Sorry I left so early. Since I don't have a headset, I can only hear about 50% of what you guys say (over explosions and stuff), so I feel even less helpful than a pubbie. :(

Squad: "Look out behind you, he'll kill us all!!!!"
Me: [Admires butterfly]

No worries, me and my buddy play every couple of nights and we're p chill, not too worried about winning or losing although we will cry about snipers. Definitely nice having another person to team up with.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Switching Servers and getting a loadout you had maybe a month and a half ago is always a good laff. as is having to re-clear 'new' markers basically every game.

I also have both MTAR and L85A2, but the assignments still show as incomplete in the post-game stats. Battlelog shows fine.

this is a year after launch.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

A year later and still blowing up my attack heli with my own tv missile.

A year later and favorite and owned servers dont show up under favorites.

A year later and I still cant play the campaign without my save getting corrupted.

But good work on tweaking 50fps velocity and .03 degrees horizontal recoil for 97 guns.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I bet the game was so quickly made that the code is a huge mess. Any time they try and fix something it fucks up a thousand other things so unless it's major and game breaking they just ignore it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Fateo McMurray posted:

I bet the game was so quickly made that the code is a huge mess. Any time they try and fix something it fucks up a thousand other things so unless it's major and game breaking they just ignore it.

Same thing could be said about every other :dice: game.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Every ea game really. The newest nhl game is being release with half it's features missing on next gen, while the 360 edition is just a clone of the the previous nhl with new rosters.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
For some reason I'm finding it quite amusing that the trading card system in NHL which started as achievements in the 2002 iteration, is now (if I'm reading this correctly) paid DLC that enables the custom team mode?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
You can pay for the cards, but you also earn points to buy in game. But it's still basically a pay to win model.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Well if the CTE patch notes are any guide:

Scout 25mm is getting nerfed.

Vehicle LMG and HMG are getting buffed.

Boost to gunner machine gun.

3 SLAMs are no longer enough to kill a tank.

Infantry sprint speed is being boosted some.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

V for Vegans posted:

You can pay for the cards, but you also earn points to buy in game. But it's still basically a pay to win model.

IAP.

And :dice: just stop updating the game no one is gonna play it after Destiny

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I spent a week straight playing hardcore and now I can kill people using DMR's in normal.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
I don't get the change to slams. It already takes all 3 to destroy armor, and I thought they already reduced the effective radius. Most pubbies I see use them the same as AT mines, so why would you use slams over them? It's always hilarious when you die after sticking slams on a vehicle and they blow up driving away from you and the change would ruin that.

Guess I better get that service star done.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Slams are for not tanks. AT mines are for tanks. That's what they're trying to go for.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Plus SLAMs have a tendency to become invisible when placed on two or more textures (try putting one on a highway stripe) so I'm happy for a nerf.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Fateo McMurray posted:

Slams are for not tanks. AT mines are for tanks. That's what they're trying to go for.

SLAMS are the only mine I've died to driving a tank since the game launched. There may have been a couple ATs that got me when the killcam was bugged for a few weeks, but I doubt it. They're just popular and people are probably pretty upset they are being used as often as they are. They are still annoying, though. As HML pointed out you can place them in a way that makes them visually invisible, but on PC they also don't seem to spot correctly. With C4 and AT mines you can hit Q in the general direction of an explosive and get a spot, with SLAMS you can mash the button for a minute straight and not get anything, only to drive over it and get blown up.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

SLAMs own. This is a dumb change.

Gunner machine gun needed buffed though. That thing is a piece of poo poo.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Lazyfire posted:

with SLAMS you can mash the button for a minute straight and not get anything

Sounds like spotting SLAMs is just like spotting infantry, vehicles, other gadgets ...

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

No worries, me and my buddy play every couple of nights and we're p chill, not too worried about winning or losing although we will cry about snipers. Definitely nice having another person to team up with.

Ok, I'll be in your special people's club. :3:

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

I got teabagged for the first time last night. I didn't get an achievement though. THANKS EA! :colbert:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Captain Pike posted:

I got teabagged for the first time last night. I didn't get an achievement though. THANKS EA! :colbert:

You've definitely never played on a server with me then.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Fuckin laaaaame.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Lazyfire posted:

SLAMS are the only mine I've died to driving a tank since the game launched. There may have been a couple ATs that got me when the killcam was bugged for a few weeks, but I doubt it. They're just popular and people are probably pretty upset they are being used as often as they are. They are still annoying, though. As HML pointed out you can place them in a way that makes them visually invisible, but on PC they also don't seem to spot correctly. With C4 and AT mines you can hit Q in the general direction of an explosive and get a spot, with SLAMS you can mash the button for a minute straight and not get anything, only to drive over it and get blown up.

Yup. I rarely die to AT mines. But SLAMs are bugged and invisible, even on thermal. They should be nerfed if DICE isn't going to make them spottable.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'm going to be playing Destiny a lot but I'll keep going back to BF4, there isn't really anything else like it out there. Might switch to Battlefront more though once it launches, a DICE developed Battlefront game should be sick.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

yellowcar posted:

Fuckin laaaaame.

Seriously. Who complains about slams being OP? loving tanklords :argh: Solution: put 4 down at once when you get the anti-tank perk. Or teamwork with another engineer putting down 2 each.

All this other broken poo poo in the game, :dice: 'fixes' one thing that works fantastically. At least they're fixing the gunner seat, 4 hit markers gets a dude down to like 40 health, much like a real 50 cal machine gun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I still like the idea that no one cares when a pilot gets into a cockpit with a rocket launcher. Don't worry, I'll just stash this behind the seat :cool:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Mustang posted:

I'm going to be playing Destiny a lot but I'll keep going back to BF4, there isn't really anything else like it out there. Might switch to Battlefront more though once it launches, a DICE developed Battlefront game should be sick.

Yeah, Destiny really doesn't scratch the same itch that BF4 does. Not even close.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

SLAMs own. This is a dumb change.

Yup. Seriously, the reason everyone uses slams over at mines is the versatility of them. They're like motion sensitive C4 charges that you can set up and go concentrate on some other battle. I love attaching 'em to walls, or the remains of concrete barriers and trees/telegraph poles etc. Places people are less likely to notice or spot.

I actually played through single player again at the weekend to unlock the P90 and whatever the lovely-probably-not-worth-it rifle is. The dam ladder is still broken. The characters have 'issues' if you race ahead rather than go at the pace they expect. And the sound/textures would sometimes gently caress up. I'm not really surprised I guess, I just think back to the reason I used to like console games being 'they just work'. 'cept now they don't, and that seems to have become the norm. :(

Also, am I the only person who has no interest in Destiny at all? I didn't play the beta, have watched a couple of videos on youtube, and my overall impression has been 'meh'.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Again, if they didn't glitch and turn invisible I'd have no problem with SLAMs. As it stands now, they often have absolutely no counter because there is no way to actually see them.

If you don't think an unspottable, invisible insta-death trap is OP, I'm not sure what to say.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9ED2CC98F55D64B3!144&authkey=!AJSPkJFkHj8uVVo&ithint=video%2cmp4

At :02s you can see a bad example of the "invisible" SLAM problem. Usually it's worse and they're even harder to see even as infantry. 70-80% of the time they're not visible at all, even with thermal. When they're deployed in craters/rubble they're completely gone.

Id be fine with 3 SLAMs killing armor if they were actually findable like regular AT mines. But since DICE will never fix this texture problem, I'll take the nerf.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 8, 2014

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Yeah, Destiny really doesn't scratch the same itch that BF4 does. Not even close.

No, but I can easily see Bf4 being a once a week type thing as opposed to "i got an hour to kill lets sraw snipe people"

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

BF4 scratched that "something to play that's not total dogshit" itch

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

StevoMcQueen posted:

Yup. Seriously, the reason everyone uses slams over at mines is the versatility of them. They're like motion sensitive C4 charges that you can set up and go concentrate on some other battle. I love attaching 'em to walls, or the remains of concrete barriers and trees/telegraph poles etc. Places people are less likely to notice or spot.

I actually played through single player again at the weekend to unlock the P90 and whatever the lovely-probably-not-worth-it rifle is. The dam ladder is still broken. The characters have 'issues' if you race ahead rather than go at the pace they expect. And the sound/textures would sometimes gently caress up. I'm not really surprised I guess, I just think back to the reason I used to like console games being 'they just work'. 'cept now they don't, and that seems to have become the norm. :(

Also, am I the only person who has no interest in Destiny at all? I didn't play the beta, have watched a couple of videos on youtube, and my overall impression has been 'meh'.

I did that this weekend as well. I never realized how close I was to finishing before when I fell at the dam ladder and my game got stuck in an infinite death loop. This time though, I missed the ladder and when it reloaded I hit the ground softly and was able to set off the charges.

I wish I could have given the C4 to both of those idiots at the end. Also, I still don't understand what the story was getting at. They should have stuck to their guns and did it 1942 style where you just have to beat bots that sit in the gunner position on a tank in the middle of the desert.

Still can't believe I finished the single player just for a PDW that isn't the SR2/MPX

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Well if the CTE patch notes are any guide:

Scout 25mm is getting nerfed.

Vehicle LMG and HMG are getting buffed.

Boost to gunner machine gun.

Infantry sprint speed is being boosted some.

hahaha, really thy're nerfing the 25mm again? really dumb considering the only thing that it's actually good against is infantry. lmg buff is making me really hard, I hope they bring it on par to what is was in bf3, if they do, oh god yes. indifferent on the slam nerf, I never use them and I never really die to them, so meh.

One thing though that i do kind of feel needs a nerf is c4 versus main battle tanks. I can understand 50 damage vs lavs, considering they're much more maneuverable and have less armor, but 50 vs mbts is dumb. they should do 34 since they're less agile and aren't they supposed to be way more armored than lavs?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Reminder that 2 SLAMS was all it took to kill a tank back at launch. Making it take 3 is still somewhat reasonable. Especially since the blast radius got nerfed.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

Also, I still don't understand what the story was getting at.

Life is a series of falls.

Off a building, to the bottom of the sea, down a mountain, off a dam, out of a plane, off a bridge.

Fun fact: on my playthrough, one of my deaths was due to falling from like one floor up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Reminder that 2 SLAMS was all it took to kill a tank back at launch. Making it take 3 is still somewhat reasonable. Especially since the blast radius got nerved.

Take a support buddy with you and that's still at least two opportunities for SLAMbike.

• Locked thread