Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Killer Queen posted:

But it's still jarring to think of Takatora not being Micchy's brother, considering what happens in the episodes prior to and preceding the movie's premiere date.

Oh no, Takatora is still Micchy's brother in the movie universe I'm sure, since them being brothers was established from episode one. The difference is Takatora doesn't seem to recognize that it's Micchy when they're fighting. I think Micchy knows that it is Takatora though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh no, Takatora is still Micchy's brother in the movie universe I'm sure, since them being brothers was established from episode one. The difference is Takatora doesn't seem to recognize that it's Micchy when they're fighting. I think Micchy knows that it is Takatora though.

There's multiple scenes where Takatora and untransformed Micchy are on-screen simultaneously, so this is very hard to believe. Unless AU Takatora is half-blind or delusional. Either they're not brothers in this alternate universe or they're just lazily ignoring that aspect and hoping the viewers don't notice. It's not a gamebreaker, yet simply bizarre storytelling in the broader picture.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Apparently Saban isn't too big on ToQ right now, could have Gobusters' fate.

https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/503685048193646592
https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/503685831257628672
https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/503686988445147136
https://twitter.com/Odot92/status/503687662952140800

Meant to post this awhile ago but forgot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They bring up some valid points, honestly.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
"Zords too stiff"

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

dordreff posted:

"Zords too stiff"

:wiggle:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, they're actually probably right about a lot of that. Especially the relevance of the trains in question. Don't get me wrong, kids love trains, but four out of the five main trains are various versions of passenger trains/subways. Those aren't common in America and here they are making up most of the main robot? The thematically off-key fire and police trains (as well as whatever the gently caress the sixth ranger is tooling around in) don't help either. On the other hand I don't know about the stiffness issue, if anything I feel they've been used a lot better than the later 2000s stuff. Diesel might look like a fatass but honestly the suit seemed to have good articulation to me, all things considered.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Cliff Racer posted:

On the other hand I don't know about the stiffness issue, if anything I feel they've been used a lot better than the later 2000s stuff. Diesel might look like a fatass but honestly the suit seemed to have good articulation to me, all things considered.

It's totally the dick thing. That would never fly here.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

WickedHate posted:

It's totally the dick thing. That would never fly here.

Eh they could easily edit that out. I think it's because Red likes to turn Pink a lot, and that would require shooting a bunch of original footage because I don't think the US is ready for a guy in a Pink Ranger outfit.

Nah I'm not being serious. I do think their points are pretty valid, though I did like Mr. Yellow's comment of "Time for another RPM, then?"

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Killer Queen posted:

Yeah, I keep forgetting how Rider movies are "non-canon", unless explicitly said otherwise. But it's still jarring to think of Takatora not being Micchy's brother, considering what happens in the episodes prior to and preceding the movie's premiere date. Wizard movies take place in alternate universes too, even if Wizard in Magic Land could have happened. Except that the TV series doesn't acknowledge it. Nothing that happens in the movie contradicts the events of the show. Incidentally, Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle seems to occur chronologically after the Wizard crossover episodes because Haruto recognizes Kouta. It's kinda like OOO where the movies follow each other, but never acknowledge (and contradict) the series in any way.

All of the Wizard movies are canon in-series, as are all of the Fourze ones. In fact, Fourze movies are SO canon, they made the HBV canon. (Where Yuuki and Kengo go to the Amazon.)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So when did Saban get the clause to skip series?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tae posted:

I don't think they have. Why else would they be trying to shoehorn Go-Busters elements into Dino Charge?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I can't even imagine how they're going to manage that. They'll probably just use a couple suits or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

jivjov posted:

I don't think they have. Why else would they be trying to shoehorn Go-Busters elements into Dino Charge?

Shoehorn scenes and giving at least a season/20+ episodes is a hell of a difference. Even when they didn't like Goseiger, they still gave it a go for a reason just to fill in time.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
They've been glossing and half-assing their usage of the license ever since the first series with Dairanger and the White Ranger.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

TheGreenAvenger posted:

All of the Wizard movies are canon in-series, as are all of the Fourze ones. In fact, Fourze movies are SO canon, they made the HBV canon. (Where Yuuki and Kengo go to the Amazon.)

I remember the episode where Gentaro is training and suddenly he pulls out the Super Rocket Switch and myself and a bunch of people I were watching it with went "HOLY poo poo MEGAMAX IS CANON!"

I mean not that there was anything that particularly would have made it non-canon but still.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tae posted:

I get the feeling they can skip whatever they want, they just haven't til now. Why would Toei give a poo poo anyway they still get paid plus i'm sure Bandai of America and Japan want the most profit possible so skipping is fine.

EDIT: I just remembered this is the first time they've been as behind in seasons so there wasn't a real way to skip anything without having no Power Rangers on TV for long time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The preschooler remark about the suits (and zords) is also super valid.

Well would be for late 90s super early 2000s Saban.

Maybe Dino Charge will take more after that era...

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

This guy gets it! Kyoryu Silver was pretty boss, between the sword, the shiny armor, Bragigas, henshin sound and playing it like a guitar. :ssj:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Burkion posted:

The preschooler remark about the suits (and zords) is also super valid.

Well would be for late 90s super early 2000s Saban.

Maybe Dino Charge will take more after that era...

Yeah, I believe they're going to go for a slightly older demo with Dino Charge and beyond.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
oh noo now we won't have a lovely english bastardization of a good show. whatever will we doooo?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

oh noo now we won't have a lovely english bastardization of a good show. whatever will we doooo?

Pretty much this. I'm glad that I don't have to see how they would ruin Go-Busters. Same goes for ToQ.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
All I want to know is if they hire Robert Baldwin to play both versions of his character.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I thought we were talking about ToQGer :confused:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

AzraelNewtype posted:

I thought we were talking about ToQGer :confused:

All of that sentence was sarcasm.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
I just want a new theme song for Dino Charge. I'm gettin hella sick of Go Go Power Rangers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gotenks0053 posted:

I just want a new theme song for Dino Charge. I'm gettin hella sick of Go Go Power Rangers.

Same here, I think the last time we had a Power Rangers theme with unique lyrics was Jungle Fury. RPM was basically the same two phrases over and over and the only difference between Samurai and Megaforce's themes is they slightly changed the words at the end and added someone singing the title at the beginning and end of the latter.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I wouldn't mind using Go Go Power Rangers, Zeo and Turbo used it. The difference is, they put their own spin on it. Zeo used a choir and more rock elements. Turbo made it more rough and tumble sounding. Use some Japanese instruments for Samurai. Use a synthy theramin for Megaforce. CHANGE IT, drat YOU.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 8, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Solaris Knight posted:

I wouldn't mind using Go Go Power Rangers, Zeo and Turbo used it. The difference is, they put their own spin on it. Zeo used a choir and more rock elements. Turbo made it more rough and tumble sounding. Use some Japanese instruments for Samurai. Use a synthy theramin for Megaforce. CHANGE IT, drat YOU.

Turbo wasn't really Go Go Power Rangers.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Turbo wasn't really Go Go Power Rangers.

I'm counting it because it used those chords in it, particularly in the middle.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Zeo and Turbo makes enough sense because it's still sort of the same team / continuing the same story. Insert your Ship of Theseus argument here.

edit: In my opinion the PR theme song is better as an instrumental anyway.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 8, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

PR had no real bad songs, arguably all decent at worst, until Mystic Force and every single one since then has been bad and/or lazy.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011

Tae posted:

PR had no real bad songs, arguably all decent at worst, until Mystic Force and every single one since then has been bad and/or lazy.

Even with Mystic Force and Overdrive, those songs would've been good with some changes, like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4CU2HEKJzk

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Mystic Force would have been better if they used Wasserman's original demo.

Maybe then people would like it more. :sigh:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I assume they're talking about toys with the 'Zords too stiff' complaint? It's had better robot fights than Kyoryuger so far.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Tae posted:

A while back I out of curiosity listened to a few and aside from Go Go Power Rangers they were all godawful. Seriously bad, bad, bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I still say the RPM theme song is the absolute worst, even if it was a great show.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Nobody diss the Mystic Force theme. That could have been am OutKast song.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Carranger is back on the road again over at Haro.

(I'm sorry. That pun is bad. Please love me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011

Cliff Racer posted:

A while back I out of curiosity listened to a few and aside from Go Go Power Rangers they were all godawful. Seriously bad, bad, bad.

They're all butt rock except for Mystic Force and Operation Overdrive. All about the same level of quality, at least at the beginning, because up until Wild Force, it was the same dudes doing all the themes for the most part.

• Locked thread