Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
9 games into the season and the Metropolitans are 5-4 against Baltimore/Hartford, Cleveland, and LAA. God might be dead folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.

Saul Morlan is a catcher.

Matt Cambrdige is Matt Cambridge (also a pitcher).

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
Never saw it coming

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Oh loving boy, 4 one-run losses in the first 9 games.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4796198

Theory/strategy discussion time: Why is Ruben Alvarez piss? #Italiano

He has good to very good control, velocity, and GB ratings. His splits aren't lighting the world on fire but they're definitely not bad, and his pitch ratings are above my acceptable minimums. So why has he been a trash bag career pitcher everywhere he's been?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Secret ratings???

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

Is Chip Steele coming up this season? Please say yes.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Devo posted:

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4796198

He has good to very good control, velocity, and GB ratings. His splits aren't lighting the world on fire but they're definitely not bad, and his pitch ratings are above my acceptable minimums. So why has he been a trash bag career pitcher everywhere he's been?

gently caress that overpaid jackass, I'm calling this Reed Hanson syndrome.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Devo posted:

Dude has played his entire career for teams with sub-par PC catchers and/or defenses. Also, even with his ratings, his OOPS from last season is only a tad worse than I'd expect out of him.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I guess we'll find out when Danny Graham starts carrying a lot of the load here in a few games. But Quirarte hasn't helped him much in the small sample of this season so I'm not holding my breath.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Mission successful so far

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Experience-sama...

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Good Lord Beepers' offense has been atrocious so far. Amazing that they even have as many steals as they do.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

13 games into the season, Al Duchscherer is on the 15-day DL and JT Matthews is on the 60-day DL. Neat.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=65592192&pbp=0

:stare:

Grand slams by Damaso Gonzalez *and* Kurt Cardona?? Okay then.

David Lopez has pitched three games, he's 3-0 with a 6.10 ERA, lmao

e: The entire Montgomery pitching staff has a 7.02 ERA. Of the 11 pitchers who have appeared in games, 5 have an ERA of 9.00 or higher, only one has an ERA lower than 4.00. (It's actually 0.82, somehow, magically.) Every starter is between 4.09 and 8.44. Which means 5 of the 6 bullpen arms, 5 are at 9.00 or higher, and one is 0.82.

:holymoley:

uublog fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 8, 2014

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

uublog posted:

e: The entire Montgomery pitching staff has a 7.02 ERA.
It was 7.41 after the AM cycle. The 7.02 number is a result of a 3-2 win in the PM game.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Ivan Drago posted:

It was 7.41 after the AM cycle. The 7.02 number is a result of a 3-2 win in the PM game.

lol

Meanwhile I blew all my load in that 18-11 game, because I could only get one run (on a Pat Hallman triple, weirdly) against Earl Gibson :sigh:

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

Nate Bigley had 6 HR in 241 AB over the last 2 seasons.

Nate Bigley has 6 HR in 50 AB this season.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
So this skid my team is on is pretty fuckin' sweet

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

gardenald posted:

So this skid my team is on is pretty fuckin' sweet

your players looked at royce sewell and decided to try again

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Huh, even with allowing 19 runs the last two games, I'm still fourth in runs allowed. Meanwhile, the 18 scored in one game has catapulted me into sixth, and slightly above-average in league-wide stats, too. .216/.245/.395 is an incredibly un-Kurt Cardona line! I think I was even alone in first place for a few minutes in the AM cycle, too. What I''m getting at is, this isn't gonna last.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Plan on giving up about 19 more runs in the next two games :unsmigghh:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So hey, outside of Moose, my pitching is a hilariously terrible dumpster fire.

stimpy
Jul 27, 2004

Cap'n Scrap'n of the Hit Brigade

ArtVandelay posted:

So hey, outside of Moose, my pitching is a hilariously terrible dumpster fire.

if only some young pitching stud were on your roster...

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

stimpy posted:

if only some young pitching stud were on your roster...

Moose is actually slightly better than Cody so far...although I bet that changes once the dingers start flying.

The problem is with everyone else. I mean, I knew Stanton and Cho were bad, but not this bad.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

This will be Blanco's last season in Anaheim

Just posting this now so you can all start coming to grips with him in a Sante Fe uniform for $3M a season

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Just posting this now so you can all start coming to grips with him in a Sante Fe uniform for $3M a season

what's great is that we warn people it's going to happen and then everyone else just.....lets it happen

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

I'm going to give Julio Blanco 5 million a year to be a bench bat

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

nasboat posted:

what's great is that we warn people it's going to happen and then everyone else just.....lets it happen

I post from a position of envy

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

nasboat posted:

I tried, dammit.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Things weren't as bad as they seemed! Chip Steele at the AAA level is going to miss some time thanks to his recent injury [Shoulder, strained], but it should only be about 16 HBD days. A trip to the 7-Day DL could be in order but it's your decision. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

But don't we have atheistdeals here to give him like $10 mil a year until he's 43?

I'm sry that was mean and uncalled for

:looks at Dee Bryant's contract again:

holy crap

btw 3 consecutive one-run wins have put me in first place by 2.5 games, which I'm fairly certain is the largest lead I've ever had at the ML level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z192I-mQM

I can't wait for the impending regression just so that I don't have to fear it anymore :smith:

It's not just you, nasboat, we're all dead on the inside

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

uublog posted:

But don't we have atheistdeals here to give him like $10 mil a year until he's 43?

I'm sry that was mean and uncalled for

:looks at Dee Bryant's contract again:

holy crap

btw 3 consecutive one-run wins have put me in first place by 2.5 games, which I'm fairly certain is the largest lead I've ever had at the ML level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7z192I-mQM

I can't wait for the impending regression just so that I don't have to fear it anymore :smith:

It's not just you, nasboat, we're all dead on the inside

I think nasboat is raging right now. Things didn't quite go as planned in the Clemens* playoffs.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

I think nasboat is raging right now. Things didn't quite go as planned in the Clemens* playoffs.

nasboat and AV both lost to a 77-win division winner in the Zimmer playoffs, as well

lets all point + laff

note that nasboat blew a 3-0 lead by losing 4 consecutive one-run games

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

uublog posted:

note that nasboat blew a 3-0 lead by losing 4 consecutive one-run games

Also note the performance of my rotation

Thanks Josh gently caress the rest of y'all

Capt Murphy
Nov 16, 2005

tatankatonk posted:

Things weren't as bad as they seemed! Chip Steele at the AAA level is going to miss some time thanks to his recent injury [Shoulder, strained], but it should only be about 16 HBD days. A trip to the 7-Day DL could be in order but it's your decision. We'll let you know if anything changes on the road to recovery. Good luck!!!

Honest to god this is my favorite part of DiMaggio.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

The weird thing is, this might be the longest DL trip of his career

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

code:
Player 	     AB	R H RBI BB SO LOB 
H. Cameron   8  0 0  0  0  4  10  
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

I'm not sure which is weirder, Robert Hafner for Player of the Week or York Maxwell for Pitcher of the Week

• Locked thread