Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bass Bottles posted:

Woah, Double Dash supported LAN play? I never knew that, that's awesome.

With multiple gamecubes and TVs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

2-8 cubes I think. Only tried 2 cause there was only one other person people knew with the LAN adapter :v:. (And he had it for pirating games, he and his roomies weren't used to MKDD without random sound glitches)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Wind Waker chat: So who actually finished the hide and seek minigame on Windfall Island without looking up the answer? I spent over an hour combing this stupid little island before giving up and using a walkthrough. The kid in the tree.... that's bullshit. I'm trying to be good about blaming myself when I can't solve puzzles in this game but Jesus Christ :mad:

Edit: Wait, is this not a requirement to get into that cabana for the triforce piece. Did I waste all this time for nothing???? Auuuuugh!

Bass Bottles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 8, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bass Bottles posted:

Wind Waker chat: So who actually finished the hide and seek minigame on Windfall Island without looking up the answer? I spent over an hour combing this stupid little island before giving up and using a walkthrough. The kid in the tree.... that's bullshit. I'm trying to be good about blaming myself when I can't solve puzzles in this game but Jesus Christ :mad:

You can see him up there

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Austrian mook posted:

You can see him up there

He explicitly said they'd all be hiding in the shadows :mad:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bass Bottles posted:

He explicitly said they'd all be hiding in the shadows :mad:

the killa bees don't play fair, motherfucker.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Interestingly, Nano Assault Neo will being coming to PS4 later this year. I'll probably remove it from the rexclusives at the time it releases. Gives me another reason to consider putting together the recommended multiplats section at some point, though I'll probably be really picky with it.

edit: Smash Bros. Thread link has been updated to the new thread.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 8, 2014

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have a rundown on what I need to do accounts-wise when my refurb gets here? I'm concerned because the Nintendo website, club Nintendo, and presumably the wii u itself all have separate accounts that somehow need to become linked. This is maybe or maybe not something outside of user accounts on the system too?

I have a website and club nintendo account already, I think. Presumably I also have to do something somewhere to make my digital deluxe cash back thing happen too?

I will also probably do a Wii->Wii U transfer eventually but it's a homebrew'd Wii so I will probably have to go look up doing a nand backup first.

I got a 35 dollar eshop card too, is that something I should enter on the website or the console?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There's no Bayonetta 2 thread? Anyway, stamps are going to be in Bayonetta (and probably 2 as well)

(Tampon is French for stamp).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how much Bayonetta 1 they're frontporting to Bayonetta 2. I know it has the costumes but I wonder if they'll have the old weapons or anything

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder how much Bayonetta 1 they're frontporting to Bayonetta 2. I know it has the costumes but I wonder if they'll have the old weapons or anything

Besides the basic guns, I doubt it. The combat seems to be the same though but that's not a bad thing since it was already perfect in 1.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

There's no Bayonetta 2 thread? Anyway, stamps are going to be in Bayonetta (and probably 2 as well)

(Tampon is French for stamp).

It would be great if they kept tampons for the English version. Somehow it doesn't seem all that out of place.

I need to beat Jubileus on the PS3 before I get this game. :ohdear:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Club nintendo never updates their rewards on time. You'd think they would have that automated by now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fremry posted:

Club nintendo never updates their rewards on time. You'd think they would have that automated by now.

I like my rewards handmade.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Anyone have a rundown on what I need to do accounts-wise when my refurb gets here? I'm concerned because the Nintendo website, club Nintendo, and presumably the wii u itself all have separate accounts that somehow need to become linked. This is maybe or maybe not something outside of user accounts on the system too?

I have a website and club nintendo account already, I think. Presumably I also have to do something somewhere to make my digital deluxe cash back thing happen too?

I will also probably do a Wii->Wii U transfer eventually but it's a homebrew'd Wii so I will probably have to go look up doing a nand backup first.

I got a 35 dollar eshop card too, is that something I should enter on the website or the console?

You'll need 2 accounts. One for Club.nintendo.com and a Nintendo Network account. The deluxe digital promotion works based off of your Nintendo Network account and it takes 24 hours or so to have stuff show up on there after you buy it. The website for that is ddp.nintendo.com.

I forget how the club.nintendo account gets tied to your nintendo network ID, but it does somehow.

The $35 eShop card is one that you redeem on the console. When you're in the eShop, there's a menu to add money to your account, and you redeem it there. It's a little odd, because you redeem the money code in a different spot than you redeem game codes.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Bass Bottles posted:

(not pictured: two more TVs)

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Have they specified yet when that Walmart-exclusive MK8 + Nintendoland bundle is coming out this month?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Fremry posted:

You'll need 2 accounts. One for Club.nintendo.com and a Nintendo Network account. The deluxe digital promotion works based off of your Nintendo Network account and it takes 24 hours or so to have stuff show up on there after you buy it. The website for that is ddp.nintendo.com.

I forget how the club.nintendo account gets tied to your nintendo network ID, but it does somehow.

The $35 eShop card is one that you redeem on the console. When you're in the eShop, there's a menu to add money to your account, and you redeem it there. It's a little odd, because you redeem the money code in a different spot than you redeem game codes.

Thanks for the info, that helps. I'm setting it up now, here's hoping I don't gently caress this up.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Plush Yoshi for free (well, uh, for my club nintendo funbucks) and providing Amazon does what they say they will re: their recent item description cock-up I'm paying £31.85 for Bayonetta 1 + 2 (this is RRPing at about £40 and is unlikely to be less than £37 anywhere at launch).

Those limited edition boxes went faaaast. Probably for the best...

Anyone got opinions about Cubemen2?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

zenintrude posted:

(not pictured: two more TVs)

drat that looks insanely fun.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
New Club Nintendo rewards (NOA):

Wii U

- Mario Bros (200 coins)
- Kirby Super Star (200 coins)

Wii

- Super Punch Out (250 coins)
- NES Play Action Football (200 coins)

3DS

- Super Mario Bros. (200 coins)
- Legend of Zelda (200 coins)
- Touch Solitaire (150 coins)
- Art Style: Pictobits (200 coins)

Edit: Looks like Kirby Super Star got pulled. I tried to redeem it and it said "Sorry" and then disappeared.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Fremry posted:

Edit: Looks like Kirby Super Star got pulled. I tried to redeem it and it said "Sorry" and then disappeared.

Same. Granted I hardly use these coins anyway, but come on. No need to just jack 200 from me like that! :argh:

vvv I'm down 200, got my confirmation email and code and everything but the eShop tells me it's "not currently being distributed".

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Sep 8, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

Same. Granted I hardly use these coins anyway, but come on. No need to just jack 200 from me like that! :argh:

I didn't have any coins come out of my account. It just said "Sorry" and kicked me back to the Kirby Super Star page.

Edit: I hope it's a temporary issue because I loved that game growing up.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I've actually never played Super Punch Out but love the NES and Wii versions, I'll have to get it later today.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fremry posted:

I didn't have any coins come out of my account. It just said "Sorry" and kicked me back to the Kirby Super Star page.

Edit: I hope it's a temporary issue because I loved that game growing up.
The Kirby sale is in like 3 weeks anyway so you'll be able to get it for a couple bucks off if it was a true Club Nintendo fuckup.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I vaguely recall something where Kirby or Metroid or another game was part of that 30 cent promotion that happened right after being offered for 200 points, and everybody who grabbed it got their points refunded.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Hey just popping in to confirm that Target :canada: does have the eshop cards on for 25% off with no tax. I just got stocked up for the smash sale.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Lagomorphic posted:

Hey just popping in to confirm that Target :canada: does have the eshop cards on for 25% off with no tax. I just got stocked up for the smash sale.

From what people are saying in the 3ds thread, it seems like a store specific thing, or the advertisements are just wrong. I know mine did in Waterloo, though.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

Hitting up one near in a couple hours. Their online flyer says 10% but some people are reporting 25% so here's hoping!

If it's actually 25% I'm probably gonna end up getting $200 worth because I need Mario Kart 8 DLC and Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 and Tropical Freeze and... yeah.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

pichupal posted:

From what people are saying in the 3ds thread, it seems like a store specific thing, or the advertisements are just wrong. I know mine did in Waterloo, though.

Yeah I'm in Ontario so it might be a regional thing.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah I'm in Ontario so it might be a regional thing.

Looked up a Waterloo Target online flyer out of curiosity. Says 10% there as well. Gives me hope that it'll be 25% when I get to the store here in Montreal because it's 10% on mine. :allears:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
:siren:Well, this is interesting.:siren:

Here I was, expecting a Direct, but it looks like Nintendo found the Treehouse Live formula to be a pretty strong success. I'm a tiny bit excited.

edit: Note that this is only a day before the Japanese release date of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. I'd bet we'll see one last character announcement (or one last series of character announcements, anyway). Also, the Recent News Tidbit has been updated to show the current NA Club Nintendo rewards (for what it's worth).

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 8, 2014

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

jivjov posted:

You can recreate that in VS mode in Mario Kart 8, just set it to 16/32 courses In Order and you can do either all Retro, all Nitro, or just every single track. And if you're doing all 32, you can go ahead and set it to Random.

The only thing you can't recreate is the "Always start on Luigi's Raceway and always end on Rainbow Road, everything else is random" order.

I hope they up the limit to 48 when the DLC comes out.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
In Mario Kart, people's names (not their NetworkID) are shown in multiplayer games. Is this the way all games function, or do some show only your NetworkID?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Fremry posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards (NOA):

Wii U

- Mario Bros (200 coins)
- Kirby Super Star (200 coins)

Wii

- Super Punch Out (250 coins)
- NES Play Action Football (200 coins)

3DS

- Super Mario Bros. (200 coins)
- Legend of Zelda (200 coins)
- Touch Solitaire (150 coins)
- Art Style: Pictobits (200 coins)

Pictobits is great, everyone should have it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Siroc posted:

In Mario Kart, people's names (not their NetworkID) are shown in multiplayer games. Is this the way all games function, or do some show only your NetworkID?

I think the Call of Duty games use your Nintendo ID but I might be remembering wrong

Magnatux
Nov 13, 2004

The surrealistic adventure became my world.

Ultigonio posted:

:siren:Well, this is interesting.:siren:

Here I was, expecting a Direct, but it looks like Nintendo found the Treehouse Live formula to be a pretty strong success. I'm a tiny bit excited.

edit: Note that this is only a day before the Japanese release date of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. I'd bet we'll see one last character announcement (or one last series of character announcements, anyway). Also, the Recent News Tidbit has been updated to show the current NA Club Nintendo rewards (for what it's worth).

I absolutely loved the 2014 E3 Treehouse format. I was able to pull up some footage for specific games (because you see I missed it), and aside from a few awkward moments between talking heads, I got to see games in action played well instead of blurry frustrating sometimes-not-even-pointed-at-the-screen user videos that used to come out of E3 focused on only the thing that person liked the most. Sometimes themselves.

The directs are goofy and scripted, which is entertaining, but seeing developers, the people actually making the game, get to gush about their game is wonderful.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Treehouse was brilliant. It's just "here's our games. Our actual games, not just prerendered videos. LET'S PLAY THEM. FOR HOURS!" It's great, and I wouldn't be surprised if next E3 the other companies steal the idea because I think people were pretty unanimous about loving the Treehouse.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Yeah, I was a really huge fan of Nintendo's E3 presentation in general, with the compact Nintendo Direct format being followed by the long-form Treehouse Live format that was absolutely made by the fact that it was hosted by a group of young, relatable localizers (er, game translators?) featuring a bunch of other developers. With all the attention they've been getting lately, though, I really have to wonder what's going through the minds of the Treehouse folks. They showed up from time to time in Nintendo Directs, especially Bill*, but Nintendo of America's really been pushing them into the spotlight, lately.
I know people talk smack about Nintendo's marketing, but as far as getting information to their audience, when they actually do it, they seem to have the best ideas for how to handle that. Tomodachi Life was reported to have performed well, and I'd bet a large sum of money that the unexpected, weird Direct for it was what sold the vast majority of copies.

*All things considered, Bill's gotten a lot of attention throughout the past, since he's been Miyamoto's translator for over 15 years.

Gutcruncher posted:

Pictobits is great, everyone should have it.
Pictobits was the only thing that seemed remotely interesting in that bunch, and I've noticed it before, but figured it was just sort of a time-waster game. Is it really that good?

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Ultigonio posted:

Pictobits was the only thing that seemed remotely interesting in that bunch, and I've noticed it before, but figured it was just sort of a time-waster game. Is it really that good?

Its very much a time waster game, but its a very good time waster. All the ArtStyle games are that way, but PictoBits is the best of the bunch.

• Locked thread