Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Vince Videogames posted:

Does that mean if I order it on club nintendo I can buy the Wii U version for a dollar?

What is this? Some kind of transfer program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
My KSS code is telling me the game isn't being distributed yet. The only other Club Nintendo reward I've ever redeemed was Wario Land 2 from the last gold/platinum rewards and I could snag it immediately. Is this a common thing?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 8, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It'd be a $1.50 since its an SNES game, but yeah that would work.

Fix posted:

What is this? Some kind of transfer program?

Yeah, if you own a game on the Wii Virtual Console, you can get the Wii U version (and the new features it entails) at a substantial discount. $1 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

jivjov posted:

Yeah, if you own a game on the Wii Virtual Console, you can get the Wii U version (and the new features it entails) at a substantial discount. $1 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES.

You also still keep access to the Wii version for what it's worth.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Haha, did they really pull KSS from the offers this month? Pretty weak, Nintendo.

On the other hand, maybe if I get LoZ on a handheld with save states I'll finally get around to finishing it... Good job Nintendo.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

If I have the Kirby's Dream Collection and don't care that much about off-screen play, is there any reason for me to blow coins on Kirby Super Star?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stan Taylor posted:

Haha, did they really pull KSS from the offers this month? Pretty weak, Nintendo.

On the other hand, maybe if I get LoZ on a handheld with save states I'll finally get around to finishing it... Good job Nintendo.

I think they just pulled it until they fix it. Didn't Super Metroid have a similar issue and got pulled briefly until it was fixed as well?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

zenintrude posted:

If I have the Kirby's Dream Collection and don't care that much about off-screen play, is there any reason for me to blow coins on Kirby Super Star?
$10 DDP credit? Its the same thing otherwise. Not like you can spend your coins right now on it anyway.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

No yeah, it's probably just an issue with the codes currently for Kirby Super Star. I'll give it a few more hours.

Edit: Hey that Kirby code worked for me now. If you got it before it was taken down check for yourself!

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 8, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

jivjov posted:

Oh mother of god...I just bought Kirby Super Star and Super Punch-Out both in the last month. Oh well, such is life.
Yup, I bought Zelda last week. :sigh: oh well, I guess I'll grab Mario.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is there a worse Nintendo-published GBA game than Super Mario Ball?
I worked at the studio that made that! It did well enough and Nintendo liked it enough that we were pretty much a second party Nintendo studio for years. Made Metroid Pinball for the DS, too. I didn't know people disliked Super Mario Ball enough to say it was the worst Nintendo GBA game :(

Edit: Was really hard and the enemy resetting was bullshit, though.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The Wii U games arent showing up for me on Club Nintendo. Ive got my Wii U registered even :shrug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Akuma posted:

I worked at the studio that made that! It did well enough and Nintendo liked it enough that we were pretty much a second party Nintendo studio for years. Made Metroid Pinball for the DS, too. I didn't know people disliked Super Mario Ball enough to say it was the worst Nintendo GBA game :(

Metroid Pinball is a cool game, even if I'm kinda terrible at it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

zenintrude posted:

You can use off-screen play with Kirby's Dream Collection (with a separate controller, obviously) so if you own it already don't blow the coins.

Blow your Real Life Coins on Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS either way, though. Play it everywhere. :getin:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Akuma posted:

If it helps, I heard Pac-Man Pinball was worse.

Metroid Prime Pinball is brilliant, though. I never played the DSiWare one Fuse did.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder why Super Punch Out is the most expensive game reward this month. You'd think that would be Kirby.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kirby Superstar is now working and back on the Club Nintendo page. :toot:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

codenameFANGIO posted:

You can use off-screen play with Kirby's Dream Collection (with a separate controller, obviously) so if you own it already don't blow the coins.

Blow your Real Life Coins on Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS either way, though. Play it everywhere. :getin:

I completely forgot that Super Star was part of that collection...oh well.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Grabbed Kirby Super Star and Mario Bros which will add just enough to get my account over the line for a $5 cert from the Digital Deluxe promotion. Can't say I really care about Mario Bros. but Kirby Super Star is a welcome addition to my Wii U.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Akuma posted:

I guess it's just a combination of things, really... personally, I would have much preferred a few "real" tables over all those gimmick screens, but I suppose there's always a lot of pressure to make the tables more gamey when you're doing digital pinball. The GBA screen probably didn't help, either.

For what it's worth, I quite liked Metroid Prime Pinball and loved the DSiWare game, Pinball Pulse.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sounds like Shantae and the Pirate's Curse might finally be nearing release:
https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/509077582503882752/photo/1

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

codenameFANGIO posted:

I've got the Dream Collection on my Wii, convince me that I need Super Star Ultra for my DS. What's new/different about it, other than that it's portable?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Xenomrph posted:

I've got the Dream Collection on my Wii, convince me that I need Super Star Ultra for my DS. What's new/different about it, other than that it's portable?

There's a brand new game for Kirby featuring harder re-sprited enemies and a new game where you play basically every stage from the other games as Meta Knight. Also some new touch-based minigames and a couple new Arena modes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Xenomrph posted:

You fight Dedede in an electrified Hell in a Cell death match while both of you have hammers and he's wearing a lucha mask and his hammer is also a flamethrower and shoots missiles.

Edit: And his theme song goes beast mode for the occasion

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stealth Inc. 2 has a confirmed release date: October 23! It'll be Wii U exclusive, too, at least initially.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Discount Viscount posted:

There's a brand new game for Kirby featuring harder re-sprited enemies and a new game where you play basically every stage from the other games as Meta Knight. Also some new touch-based minigames and a couple new Arena modes.

alcharagia posted:

You fight Dedede in an electrified Hell in a Cell death match while both of you have hammers and he's wearing a lucha mask and his hammer is also a flamethrower and shoots missiles.

Welp, I'm convinced. I'll see how cheaply I can get it.

Also I'm 5 coins away from Gold status in the Nintendo Club, fffffffffffff.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kirby Super Star Ultra is a really good co-op game for little kids, I just unlocked what I guess is the last piece of content (the Meta Knight thing) with my 5 year old daughter. There's a lot of content there!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
There's a bit more after that, you can get Helper to Hero which is the Arena except you both play as one of the Helpers instead of Kirby, and the True Arena which is an Arena with the new bosses from Ultra.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Akuma posted:

Kirby Super Star Ultra is a really good co-op game for little kids, I just unlocked what I guess is the last piece of content (the Meta Knight thing) with my 5 year old daughter. There's a lot of content there!
Does co-op/multiplayer in old DS games work on the 3DS, what wish the Nintendo Wi-Fi service being discontinued? Or are you talking local same-console co-op?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

alcharagia posted:

There's a bit more after that, you can get Helper to Hero which is the Arena except you both play as one of the Helpers instead of Kirby, and the True Arena which is an Arena with the new bosses from Ultra.
Jesus Christ.

Xenomrph posted:

Does co-op/multiplayer in old DS games work on the 3DS, what wish the Nintendo Wi-Fi service being discontinued? Or are you talking local same-console co-op?
Local. I thought that stuff ended up not going away anyway, though? Could be wrong!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just hit up the only Target that isn't 45+ minutes out of my way and they were picked clean of eShop cards. :(

Kinda bummed. They were 25% off like everyone said they should be (because Canada). They still had PS and Xbox ones left so either Nintendo is more popular than I thought or it's so unpopular they never try to stock the cards. Either way, best I can do is call in sometime tomorrow and sometime Wednesday to see if they get more in stock before the sale ends on Thursday I guess.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

alcharagia posted:

that's the wrong video

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Akuma posted:

Jesus Christ.

Yeah dude, Kirby Super Star Ultra is full of stuff. Like every time the game ends it's like poo poo YOU WANT SOME MORE GAME?! HAVE MORE GAME!!!!! and then you're like THANKS KIRBY SUPER STAR ULTRA YOU SURE DO KICK rear end

Also when you beat the True Arena you unlock a bonus movie that is good and I think your daughter would like it.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Kaubocks posted:

I just hit up the only Target that isn't 45+ minutes out of my way and they were picked clean of eShop cards. :(

Kinda bummed. They were 25% off like everyone said they should be (because Canada). They still had PS and Xbox ones left so either Nintendo is more popular than I thought or it's so unpopular they never try to stock the cards. Either way, best I can do is call in sometime tomorrow and sometime Wednesday to see if they get more in stock before the sale ends on Thursday I guess.

25% off on that kind of card usually results in a crazy run on the store's inventory. If you plan to buy any first-party Nintendo stuff digitally, 25% is a crazy good sale, especially if you can effectively get it on day one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeah that's why I want them so bad. :v:

Also it turns out I can probably get a rain check on them so I'm going to pop in tomorrow after work again.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I just popped into my local Target and they had a ton of eShop cards still on sale, all 25% off so I grabbed a $50 card for 37 bones

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I just popped into my local Target and they had a ton of eShop cards still on sale, all 25% off so I grabbed a $50 card for 37 bones

Wait I thought it was buy one get one at 25% off? Was planning on getting $40 for $35. $50 sounds a lot better.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Stan Taylor posted:

Wait I thought it was buy one get one at 25% off? Was planning on getting $40 for $35. $50 sounds a lot better.

He's an idiot canadian and they have a different sale.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

elf help book posted:

He's an idiot canadian and they have a different sale.

Oh.

Lousy jerks getting my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If you have a Japanese 3DS you can download a Super Smash Bros. 4 demo, and also I hate you.