Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Man unison raids were really cool we don't get enough of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Im confused, Juvia and Gray are brother and sister?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Suspicious Lump posted:

Im confused, Juvia and Gray are brother and sister?

No. Definitely not. I think it's just that thing where people call their father in-laws Dad and so on.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

EvilTaytoMan posted:

No. Definitely not. I think it's just that thing where people call their father in-laws Dad and so on.

This is exactly it. Fairy Tail can be bad, but not That bad.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Hahaha oh god that would have been one hell of a twist.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

this week's?

I thought that was kinda rad and I get the feeling the next chapter is a power upgrade blending the two elements.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Much as I enjoy the FT manga I just can't get enough of the anime because it still has one of my favorite soundtracks. I love the music from FT so very much.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I do love how Natsu and Gajeel ate another Dragon slayer's magic once and now they can summon it at will for cool effects.

Also, regarding the chapter: It sure is cute having Levy and Gajeel hooking up, but is anyone else consistently weirded out by it considering that he once beat the hell out of her and her friends and nailed them to a tree? It seems like that should be a deal breaker.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It would be weird in any other manga, but this is Fairy Tail, where as long as you don't kill someone you can totally be besties with them when they show up later.

See: Those two chicks who beat Lucy up, Gerrard / Jellal / whatever his name is, the ghost of Hades, pretty much every douche from Raven Tail, Gajeel himself, etc.

I like Gajeel anyways so I'm all for anything that shines the spotlight on him. He's a much more friendlier, likeable, and cooperative version of Vegeta.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Hey, even if you kill someone it is no big deal. Jellal seems to be doing fine.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I do love how Natsu and Gajeel ate another Dragon slayer's magic once and now they can summon it at will for cool effects.

Also, regarding the chapter: It sure is cute having Levy and Gajeel hooking up, but is anyone else consistently weirded out by it considering that he once beat the hell out of her and her friends and nailed them to a tree? It seems like that should be a deal breaker.

I mentioned earlier in this arc right after Erza told Minerva she could forgive everything that was done during the grand magic games that one of those things was straight up torturing Millianna while Erza and Kagura were fighting because boredom. Now Minerva is back on sabertooth's side.

Anything can be forgiven. Anything.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I mentioned earlier in this arc right after Erza told Minerva she could forgive everything that was done during the grand magic games that one of those things was straight up torturing Millianna while Erza and Kagura were fighting because boredom. Now Minerva is back on sabertooth's side.

Anything can be forgiven. Anything.

You can't deny friendship thrice, that's unforgivable.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So does Lucy ever go balls-out-crazy-powerful like Natsu seems to constantly?

I'd like to see her pull some wicked awesome poo poo out of thin air like, I dunno, summoning that celestial king into battle or something crazy awesome like that.

Natsu's cool and all but I wish other characters would get some of his -POWER OF FRIENDSHIP- crazy-rear end magic.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

khy posted:

So does Lucy ever go balls-out-crazy-powerful like Natsu seems to constantly?

I'd like to see her pull some wicked awesome poo poo out of thin air like, I dunno, summoning that celestial king into battle or something crazy awesome like that.

Natsu's cool and all but I wish other characters would get some of his -POWER OF FRIENDSHIP- crazy-rear end magic.

.... did you just start reading?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

SatansBestBuddy posted:

.... did you just start reading?

Sort of, yeah.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Isn't it kind of a very, very slow burn especially for Fairy Tail? He has saved her life and protected her a bunch in the past as well, I think?

I mean I don't disagree, especially creepy given he branded her after the battle, but I was kinda more taken back by the fact I thought Levy's power was converting words into reality? She can't make an air bubble? I can barely remember anything in Fairy Tail, mind you.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Isn't it kind of a very, very slow burn especially for Fairy Tail? He has saved her life and protected her a bunch in the past as well, I think?

I mean I don't disagree, especially creepy given he branded her after the battle, but I was kinda more taken back by the fact I thought Levy's power was converting words into reality? She can't make an air bubble? I can barely remember anything in Fairy Tail, mind you.

I think she's just holding her breath and giving air to Gajeel.

Despite how messed up the relationship can be when you think about it, I'd be lying if if said I didn't find the romance cute. I'll give mashima some credit, for a shounen writer, he's not terrible at romance.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Those flashbacks about young Natsu and Lisanna were adorable but it's a shame he hasn't done anything with her since arbitrarily bringing her back.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Monaghan posted:

Despite how messed up the relationship can be when you think about it, I'd be lying if if said I didn't find the romance cute. I'll give mashima some credit, for a shounen writer, he's not terrible at romance.

I could be completely misremembering this but I swear there was an episode where she made iron for Gajeel to eat and the O had a heart for a hole.

I also think that this has been a rather cute romance and it isn't like it came out of nowhere. Gajeel protected her from Laxus' attack after he joined and her pals were attacking him. They also were partners during the S-rank exam.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's pretty good until you think too much about their past, because shonen redemptions like Gajeel's just... don't stand up to thought very well. They're weird. All the other parts are done well enough though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The whole lifestyle of theirs is weird in general. Wasn't he a double agent for a while as well?

Monaghan posted:

No, I know, I'm asking why someone who can make things is doing something so stupid instead. I guess it is just drama but it feels like it would have taken 2 more panels to execute it even better keeping that in mind.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

Air would just dissipate in the water, unless maybe she made an outline out of the word bubble? Also something something writing in water. The important thing is that this looks way better and sets up Gajeel going sickhouse on the demon guy better.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Robviously posted:

I could be completely misremembering this but I swear there was an episode where she made iron for Gajeel to eat and the O had a heart for a hole.

I also think that this has been a rather cute romance and it isn't like it came out of nowhere. Gajeel protected her from Laxus' attack after he joined and her pals were attacking him. They also were partners during the S-rank exam.

You are correct, it was during the Island arc before the main members of Hades attacke, where Gajeel got to fight that chicken and samurai. In almost any other manga that might be weird, but in Fairy Tail it makes sense.

One of my favorite moments is Makarov going "And I'll never forgive you" for what Gajeel did to Fairy Tail, because it at least brought up why Gajeel could be let into Fairy Tail for what he did. Granted, the rest of Fairy Tail has probably forgotten, but I assume Gajeel being awesome at singing would have eventually won them over.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Re: their "first meeting", I think it's been long enough and Gajeel's reformed enough that I'm okay with the two hooking up.

Re: Levy's method of giving Gajeel air, I think you were supposed to think she'd write up some air for him, and then be surprised by her actual actions. It was a swerve that worked to further the romantic (sub)text between the two. Because even if it is just to give him air, there is still the imagery of mouth-to-mouth.

Gyges posted:

The important thing is that this looks way better and sets up Gajeel going sickhouse on the demon guy better.

Also this.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Does wendy ever eat air? It seems like she'd have a nigh-infinite amount of magical power if she did.

Also where the hell did Kinana come from? The wiki says she's Cubelios from Oracion Seis but... how? When? What??

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
She did eat air not long ago when she powered up to defeat some bad guy (octo-rape dude?) while trying to stop FACE.

Which turned out to be useless because there are a million FACE.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
Yes Wendy ate magic air and kicked rear end. It was great.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

khy posted:

Also where the hell did Kinana come from? The wiki says she's Cubelios from Oracion Seis but... how? When? What??

Apparently there was a filler arc in the anime where Oracion Seis escaped and she turned human and now it's canon for some reason.

Didn't the Oracion Seis come back recently in the manga too? And then Gerard died or something? Anything ever come of that?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Apparently there was a filler arc in the anime where Oracion Seis escaped and she turned human and now it's canon for some reason.

Didn't the Oracion Seis come back recently in the manga too? And then Gerard died or something? Anything ever come of that?

It was all Gerard's illusion and now they're all gonna be good guys cause reasons.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm watching the anime now and there's no filler I've seen. She just... appears in episode 96 (In the bit where they're celebrating after Magnolia is returned and everyone comes back from Edolas) with a bunch of other members of fairy tail who were always there but we never knew about them or had names for them. That's why I was confused. She just... appeared and everyone knew her.

EDIT : Apparently her becoming human is at least MENTIONED in the Manga, but it's never even hinted at in the Anime. She's just suddenly there.

khy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 16, 2014

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

khy posted:

I'm watching the anime now and there's no filler I've seen. She just... appears in episode 96 (In the bit where they're celebrating after Magnolia is returned and everyone comes back from Edolas) with a bunch of other members of fairy tail who were always there but we never knew about them or had names for them. That's why I was confused. She just... appeared and everyone knew her.

EDIT : Apparently her becoming human is at least MENTIONED in the Manga, but it's never even hinted at in the Anime. She's just suddenly there.

Yeah she is given a profile in the manga stating that Makarov found her and turned her back from a snake into a human. He then gave her a job as a waitress in fairy tail. In the anime her back story is first mentioned after the time skip. Though the anime only arc gives a bit of focus to her and Cobra.

Fun fact in the Anime only arc Cobra lost to Erza purely because of his enhanced hearing again. He had improved his magic so that screaming in his ear would not disable him like it did in the past. But his super hearing still caused his defeat he heard Kinana and became distracted by her voice allowing Erza to knock him off the platform they were fighting on while his guard was down.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Aug 16, 2014

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
New issue of Fairy Tail Zero - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail-zero/2

Is it just me or was there a major Hunter X Hunter vibe from this story?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

DeadBonesBrook posted:

New issue of Fairy Tail Zero - http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail-zero/2

Is it just me or was there a major Hunter X Hunter vibe from this story?

Well, it seems like an issue is going to be solved by wits rather than punching someone in the face, so it certainly isn't a Fairytale vibe. I'll be interested to see where this story goes, and where Mavis gets all her god-tier fairy magic from.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Well, it seems like an issue is going to be solved by wits rather than punching someone in the face, so it certainly isn't a Fairytale vibe. I'll be interested to see where this story goes, and where Mavis gets all her god-tier fairy magic from.

They were pretty clear that she's going to party with the fairies after she wins, and everyone knows that fairies love to party Fairy Tail style.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

New Chapter, where Gajeel tells Levy to do what Spiderdrake suggested instead of being so dramatic. Also, more Gajeel backstory

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That was a really cool chapter.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
See, it's all about the music with Gajeel.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Of course, the dude is metal as gently caress.

Good chapter.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Interesting cliffhanger for chapter 400. Acgnolia hungers.

Shame that Erza's fight this chapter is overshadowed by that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Chapter 399

This was a fun chapter. Erza got a cool fight, and it seems like the overarching plot is taking a few steps forward.

Acgnolia gonna wreck some poo poo.

• Locked thread