Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

Brandon Cooks and Allen Hurns. Actually worth picking up, or flashes in the pan? And which would be the better one to own?

Cooks. Cooks. COoks. COOOKS. Brandin Cooks. Cooks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There are leagues where Cooks went undrafted? Jelly. People were reaching for him like 30+ spots ahead of his ADP in every league I'm in, even 10 teamers.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Cooks usage was really encouraging, they had him in all kinds of formations. Definitely real WR3 value there, with WR2 upside.

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

what, you don't like pizza?
^^ how are you feeling about Stacy after week 1?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Kloaked00 posted:

Brandon Cooks and Allen Hurns. Actually worth picking up, or flashes in the pan? And which would be the better one to own?

I like both. Cooks has more value. I actually picked Hurns up last week in one of the SA dynasty leagues, mostly because of Preseason reports and rumblings from the franchise, so his performance this week isn't totally out of nowhere. Redraft he's probably limited to wr3 this year, but keep an eye on him.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Thanks Ray Rice, now I know who to drop for a kicker while we wait for this Gordon business to end.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Kloaked00 posted:

Cooks is a stud for the next 10 years or so IMO

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Don't know who I should replace with Cooks assuming I can get him off the waivers this week: Joique Bell, Bernard Pierce, Jeremy Hill, Mike Wallace, Kelvin Benjamin, Golden Tate, Josh Gordon

Edit: I mean, obviously Pierce played like crap, but I'm kind of willing to give him one more week since he's now the starter
Edit2: Or maybe I should replaced Pierce with James Starks?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 9, 2014

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

keldegar posted:

^^ how are you feeling about Stacy after week 1?

Worse than I did before Week 1, but not ready to panic yet. I'm currently seeing if I can swing a trade to an RB needy team, but if I do I'm going to ask for 90% of what he was worth on draft day. Even then I'm less worried about Cunningham than I am the entire state of that team.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Still don't know why I haven't dropped McCluster for Crowell.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
So who do I replace Jordan Reed with? Current waiver options for me are H. Miller, D. Walker and Kelce

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

Zochness posted:

So who do I replace Jordan Reed with? Current waiver options for me are H. Miller, D. Walker and Kelce

HEATH

or Kelce.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Zochness posted:

Miller and Walker are the consistent options, of the two of them I still like Miller best. Kelce is a long shot high upside option, given his usage in the first game. If you find yourself wanting to drop Reed at any point, I'd grab both Miller and Kelce.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Forever_Peace posted:

I like both. Cooks has more value. I actually picked Hurns up last week in one of the SA dynasty leagues, mostly because of Preseason reports and rumblings from the franchise, so his performance this week isn't totally out of nowhere. Redraft he's probably limited to wr3 this year, but keep an eye on him.

I picked up Marquise Lee last week and still expect him to do big things, though Hurns does look very good.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
So who's everyone targeting for defense next week? Seems the obvious choices are:

Tampa Bay vs. St. Louis
Green Bay vs. NY Jets
New Orleans @ Cleveland

Hard to make up my mind on those three :ohdear:

Personnel-wise, I'm sure the Saints have to have the edge, but after getting embarrassed on national TV, I have to assume that Green Bay vs. the Jets at home has all the makings of a bounce-back slaughter. St. Louis just looks like a mess, but I'm not sure if I have too much confidence in a team that just got beaten by Derek Anderson.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 9, 2014

keldegar
Sep 27, 2004

whoever plays the Rams

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

drizzle posted:

Cooks is a stud for the next 10 years or so IMO

Easily. Cooks is a smaller Percy Harvin, and in that offense he'll be like a Sproles on steroids. PPR god plus a ton of chances at TDs and big break out runs.

I'm not that big on Hurns though. That offense still has a ton of question marks.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Ellington is active.

https://twitter.com/ESPNMondayNight/status/509141651198337024

Wesley Walker
Nov 12, 2006

Mortensen was on the MNF halftime just now and spoke about the drug policy. He said the player reps are voting on an agreement tomorrow, and sounded awful optimistic about Gordon and Welker being "reinstated".

E:

quote:

@RapSheet: .@NFL & @NFLPA have reached a tentative agreement on a new drug policy, source confirms. 32 player reps voting tomorrow, as @mortreport said

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh man if they can get that through before Wednesday that would be the greatest thing.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh man if they can get that through before Wednesday that would be the greatest thing.

Aaaaaaaaa STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

ProfessorGroove posted:

I'm starting Stephan Taylor tonight if Ellington doesn't go that's good enough for me.

Good thing I'm already way ahead there.

Dwyer is the backup.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
If your RBs sucked, would you trade away AJ Green and Shane Vereen for Jamaal Charles and Roddy White? I'm trying to get Charles away from an unhappy owner but hate to lose Green.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

If your RBs sucked, would you trade away AJ Green and Shane Vereen for Jamaal Charles and Roddy White? I'm trying to get Charles away from an unhappy owner but hate to lose Green.

What the gently caress yes mash accept.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, I would make that trade 10/10 times

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Stupid just let him rest

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

:respek:

Let's do this, three-shares-of-JHill

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Suave Fedora posted:

:respek:

Let's do this, three-shares-of-JHill

He's going to be just fine. It might take a few weeks, but once they get him running they'll keep using him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

drizzle posted:

Ridiculous it took a video for this to happen. Did the NFL actually expect a grown rear end man knocked a woman unconscious would be softer than that? Oh well all in on taliaferro now

Why do people like Taliaferro again? I missed the hype train.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Franks Happy Place posted:

What the gently caress yes mash accept.

Thanks for the affirmation. I know it's good, but it's hard looking at AJ's 28 points (PPR) and Jamaal's 9 and to recognize that this is still a good deal.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

Cooks

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Why do people like Taliaferro again? I missed the hype train.

Highest upside. Pierce kinda sucked and forsetts been on and off like five teams. Mostly talking about a dynasty stash. Wouldn't really want any part of Baltimore run game in a redraft if I can help it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Thanks for the affirmation. I know it's good, but it's hard looking at AJ's 28 points (PPR) and Jamaal's 9 and to recognize that this is still a good deal.

Mash already.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Don't know much about football:

Considering the following drops. I'll likely be #2 on the waiver so I will likely get one of the two:
1: Drop Brian Hartline in favor of Justin Forsett
2: Drop Jared Cook in favor of Travis Kelce

Other considerations: Allen Hurns.

My line-up can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/CTX6Q0N.png

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I was up 90 points going into the games tonight. My opponent was the laughingstock of the draft: autodrafted Stafford in the second, drafted Bush in the 3rd, finished the rest on autodraft. His team has 3 QBs (we start 1) and 5 TEs - we have a WR/TE flex so you don't have to start TEs. Stafford2Johnson and now I'm only up by 7 with 4:30 to go. Fantasy football why do you do this to me.

I've still scored over 30 points more than the next closest teams so I can't be too mad if I lose but drat. Losing the first game is such a downer.

Tortilla Maker posted:

Considering the following drops. I'll likely be #2 on the waiver so I will likely get one of the two:
1: Drop Brian Hartline in favor of Justin Forsett
2: Drop Jared Cook in favor of Travis Kelce

Other considerations: Allen Hurns.

I like Kelce going forward. Hurns had a good game because Philly blew coverage on him twice. He disappeared in the second half.

Doobie Keebler fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 9, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Is there anyone worth spending my #1 waiver pick on? Forsett? My starting RB is Gerhart and I have a feeling that's a mistake.

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
I need 10 points in a PPR league to win. I have available Dwyer, Ellington, or Woodhead. I have Woodhead in right now because he was RB12 in our scoring system last year. Brown might really eat up his production though. Stick with Woody?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^^Ellington is going to get 25 points since he's on my bench. Hope this helps.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Is there anyone worth spending my #1 waiver pick on? Forsett? My starting RB is Gerhart and I have a feeling that's a mistake.

I'm not sure who is available but receivers more than RBs. Cooks? Kelvin Benjamin?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Stigmata posted:

I need 10 points in a PPR league to win. I have available Dwyer, Ellington, or Woodhead. I have Woodhead in right now because he was RB12 in our scoring system last year. Brown might really eat up his production though. Stick with Woody?

In 1ppr yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

kiimo posted:

^^^^Ellington is going to get 25 points since he's on my bench. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure who is available but receivers more than RBs. Cooks? Kelvin Benjamin?

Both are taken. Hurns is avail.

• Locked thread