Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bad Munki posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

e: Bonus because I care:

Close enough! :derp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

If we are doing requests, can I get a shot of the geisha-bot opening its face from Ghost in the Shell 2?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Rewatching an old cartoon, and well.

Yeah.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Could I ask someone to avatarize this? Just the face opening and closing, if possible.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

This seems extremely dangerous

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Splode posted:

I'm sure we'd all like to hear your ~safer~ solution of removing the gay from a frozen pond!

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

cobalt impurity posted:

I'm sure we'd all like to hear your ~safer~ solution of removing the gay from a frozen pond!
Well, he should be wearing a condom, for one. :colbert:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Splode posted:

Mining rainbows is a dangerous job.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Sequel to "Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story" lookin' good.

More Innocence

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

fool_of_sound posted:

Could I ask someone to avatarize this? Just the face opening and closing, if possible.

I'm no GIF wizard, but here ya go, fella.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You're a real peach!

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Internet Kraken posted:

Its kind of sad to think something like this would be done entirely with computer animation nowadays.

This is exactly what happened with the 2011 prequel to The Thing, and its every bit as poo poo as you can imagine.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ludicro posted:

This is exactly what happened with the 2011 prequel to The Thing, and its every bit as poo poo as you can imagine.

Before they made The Thing into a CGI fest, they hired out a practical effects company to do it real justice, but decided at the 11th hour to scrap the PE and go with CGI.

Now left holding the bag, the PE company went and made their own movie, Harbinger Down

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

I could watch this for days, although it is a little disturbing towards the end.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evilreaver posted:

Now left holding the bag, the PE company went and made their own movie, Harbinger Down
With Lance Henriksen!? :allears:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
The monsters in that film appear to be genetically messed with tardigrades, which kinda seems overdue to me. Dig the use of practical effects for all the creatures.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Criminal Minded posted:

God, yes, easily the highlight of the film.

A bit of a derail but there's a really awesome short story that retells the movie from the Thing's point of view.

http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DPF_pWIy3w :nws:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

Sleep tight!

from Tourist Trap

Any gifs from the second Silent Hill movie with the mannequin spider nightmare thingie?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I've been thinking of Star Wars lately. I really liked The Clone Wars, not too hopeful with Disney's Rebels though.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

SgtJack posted:

Probably been posted before but Still ym favorite GIF:

You wouldn't be wrong about that being great cuz Captain Slow ownz - this one's one of my favs though:

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

ijii posted:

I've been thinking of Star Wars lately. I really liked The Clone Wars, not too hopeful with Disney's Rebels though.

Heck yeah. Despite being set during the infamous prequels, it was well done. That show wasn't animators making a cartoon, but making art. the unaired season was particularly good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

In what order am I supposed to watch all these GitS versions?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ragequit posted:

They don't really interfere with each other, so any.

I didn't even watch GitS until SAC.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Evilreaver posted:

Before they made The Thing into a CGI fest, they hired out a practical effects company to do it real justice, but decided at the 11th hour to scrap the PE and go with CGI.

Looks like poo poo. Good practical effects do not make a good movie.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ragequit posted:

GiTS and Innocence are the movies, Stand Alone Complex is it's own continuity, and I have no idea as to whether Arise is it's own thing or a SAC prequel.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh Blast Corps, why won't anyone remake you?

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Woo, now I got banjo music in my head.

:tali:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Time to get moving!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Feeple posted:

Heck yeah. Despite being set during the infamous prequels, it was well done. That show wasn't animators making a cartoon, but making art. the unaired season was particularly good.

Did we just see the same gifs? I feel like you and I saw different gifs.

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Scanimate technology fascinates me. Before CGI was everywhere, this is how computers in TV production began, and it's unique in its own way. This Rydeen video really pushed it to the edge of its capabilities.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Decrepus posted:

Did we just see the same gifs? I feel like you and I saw different gifs.
I don't get this mentality. What do you expect? Movie quality CGI and motion capturing?

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Not to cast aspersions on cat people, but the reason people love dogs is because they seem to be committed to having a good time, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

ijii posted:

Why do I keep seeing things about General Greivous where Jedi are fighting him with lightsabers? Isn't that the single stupidest thing they could do? He clearly has the advantage in lightsaber combat. Shouldn't they be fighting him with the force instead, maybe at a distance? Is he somehow able to negate force powers???

• Locked thread