Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I didn't even notice it at first. I was too caught up wondering why Luke Harper had a trimmed beard with white hair in it.

E: New page, have a picture of Harper!

Sum Mors fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I thought that was a young Cactus Jack then drat

Now I'm sad we'll never get a Cactus/Harper match.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Poor, poor Yasuko Tamada

That woman was insane. If you haven't seen the fight, its pretty much 15 minutes of The Karate Hottie teeing off on Tamada. The worst part was Tamada was getting hit so hard the announcer's mics were picking up the impacts.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

That woman was insane. If you haven't seen the fight, its pretty much 15 minutes of The Karate Hottie teeing off on Tamada. The worst part was Tamada was getting hit so hard the announcer's mics were picking up the impacts.

That plus Jessica Aguilar vs Emi Fujino from World Series of Fighting proves that JWMMA fighters are both crazy and the toughest people in the galaxy.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

coconono posted:

You got a link?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i thought this was chris hero

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Saint Jimmy posted:

You got a link?

itd be "files" or w/e, its on fightpass, Invicta 8

Michelle "The Karate Hottie" Waterson versus Yasuko Tamada

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

epitasis posted:

i thought this was chris hero

It's John Cena

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That's a WWE promotional photo of Alberto. AAA doesn't give a gently caress.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Dang, La Parka is still around?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

He is, but AAA La Parka isn't the guy you remember from WCW. The old La Parka competes under the name L.A Park.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Luchadores work forever.
Here's Mascara Sagrada, LA Park, and Octagon looking their age.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 9, 2014

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why is Wolfpac Steve Sting in the back there?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Chessman is an original!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

You're telling me that's not Wolfpac Sting wearing a hybrid of Kane and Rhino's ring gear?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Luchadores work forever.

Pretty sure the guy on the right is Paul Williams under a mask.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Luchadores work forever.

Wow they can all compete in appearance with Super Porky now.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Luchadores work forever.

3 Chris Heros

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

LividLiquid posted:

You're telling me that's not Wolfpac Sting wearing a hybrid of Kane and Rhino's ring gear?
See? So original you didn't even notice the Goldberg tattoo!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's a WWE promotional photo of Alberto. AAA doesn't give a gently caress.

Wait a second, are we going to see the return of Del Rio beating the poo poo out of Sin Cara every time they're in the ring together?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rhonne posted:

Wait a second, are we going to see the return of Del Rio beating the poo poo out of Sin Cara every time they're in the ring together?

Looks like they're on the same team for that one.

I'm more interested in the fact that there's a luchador named Aerostar.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm more interested in the fact that there's a luchador named Aerostar.

Aerostar is amazing https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aerostar+wrestling&aq=f

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't see why that would stop him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rhonne posted:

I don't see why that would stop him.

They are friends.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
Looking at posters like that, it reminds me about how WWE is/has been eternally whittling down their ethnic wrestlers. Pretty much everybody is white or black. Their only ethnic workers are Khali and... Rey if he still counts? I guess Rock and Reigns count as islanders, but this is only brought to light when it comes to headbutts. I forgot about Los Matadores but it seems they're also no longer on TV. WWE could really use some ethnicity in their roster outside of Caucasian is what I'm trying to say.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

You forgot the Usos too but that's ok because they're garbage and no-one will remember them in 5 years time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frankston posted:

You forgot the Usos too but that's ok because they're garbage and no-one will remember them in 5 years time.

The Usos are a very good tag team.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

RRRRRWEEABOOOOOO

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sum Mors posted:

Looking at posters like that, it reminds me about how WWE is/has been eternally whittling down their ethnic wrestlers. Pretty much everybody is white or black. Their only ethnic workers are Khali and... Rey if he still counts? I guess Rock and Reigns count as islanders, but this is only brought to light when it comes to headbutts. I forgot about Los Matadores but it seems they're also no longer on TV. WWE could really use some ethnicity in their roster outside of Caucasian is what I'm trying to say.

If you're including wrestlers born in North America there's also AJ Lee, Rosa Mendez and then there's people of mixed ethnicity too. And Tamina.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 9, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Is that the same La Parka from WCW, or is there more than 1 wrestler with that name/mask?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Gonz posted:

Is that the same La Parka from WCW, or is there more than 1 wrestler with that name/mask?

There's LA Park, who was the WCW wrestler, in the photo with the older/out of shape luchadores. AAA owns the La Parka copyright so they made a second generation La Parka that's on that AAA poster.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

If you're including wrestlers born in North America there's also AJ Lee, Rosa Mendez and then there's people of mixed ethnicity too. And Tamina.

Sure I'd count them, but 2/3 fall into the "not on TV" part. And the Uso's fall into the islander group, the only ethnicity allowed to exist outside of Caucasian and African.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sum Mors posted:

Sure I'd count them, but 2/3 fall into the "not on TV" part. And the Uso's fall into the islander group, the only ethnicity allowed to exist outside of Caucasian and African.

There's also whatever Goblinoid race Dean Ambrose is part of.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Gargano & Candice stealing Steen's gimmick

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Del Raminos posted:

Gargano & Candice stealing Steen's gimmick

In one indy, Steen and Gargano formed a tag team based on their mutual hatred of another wrestler and their mutual love of Pandas.

They called it the Panda Express.

Rad R.
Oct 10, 2012

Sum Mors posted:

It depends on what you consider 'ethnic'. I am of Mediterranean descent and have been surprised by who's considered not white by Anglo-Saxon media many times.

So I guess you can add Layla, Sandow, AJ, Rosa, Rusev, the Bellas, Rollins and Batista to that 'ethnic' list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sum Mors posted:

They're fortunately making a big deal out of signing KENTA.

Weird though, now that I think about it I feel like they used to have a decent amount of Asian wrestlers in the 00s.