Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Well that youtube lasted a world record 5 minutes before being taken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Potatocam of the whole thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVJGKhvg4PE
Better quality, but without Brambilla getting pushed off the road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbvu-AIupD4

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope Brambilla wins

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Contador getting on doped bike tech for the final climb.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Brambilla just got DQ'd

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
insane

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Brambilla just got DQ'd

Surely Rovny has to go too?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Surely Rovny has to go too?

Yeah as far as I can tell they're both instigating and Rovny lashes out first, although Brambilla fights more so to speak

Now he gestured at Rovny, but I keep getting my Italien gestures mixed up so I don't know what he was saying. This is highly entertaining

edit: Rovny's out as well

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Yeah as far as I can tell they're both instigating and Rovny lashes out first, although Brambilla fights more so to speak

Now he gestured at Rovny, but I keep getting my Italien gestures mixed up so I don't know what he was saying. This is highly entertaining

The videos have disappeared again but didnt Rovny push him off the road at the end?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

The videos have disappeared again but didnt Rovny push him off the road at the end?

Sort of, Brambilla reaches over again and Rovny leans into it, which is what pushes Brambilla off the road. But it's a moot point now anyway, RIP both of these guys

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Rovny gone too. Stupid from the both of them, but very very funny. Good ol Oleg is kickin off.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

Rovny gone too. Stupid from the both of them, but very very funny. Good ol Oleg is kickin off.

I'm glad he's gone. Look at this thug.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Froome and Contador are leaving everything on the road today.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

And Contador wasn't even trying until just now. Well that's the GC wrapped up I suppose

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

And Contador wasn't even trying until just now. Well that's the GC wrapped up I suppose

Froome can get 2nd at best at this point. Theres no long flat time trial for him to dominate the other GC guys on and he lost way too much time to make up today. The only change now is Contadors leg exploding.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Great stage, pew pew the pistol is out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hope they weigh his bike after that change before the final climb.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
gently caress yes, finally riding with his brain. Beautiful.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Still can't believe he's able to do this after his accident in the Tour. Goddam Pistolero :stare:.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

IndustrialApe posted:

one rider just dissapeared.

IndustrialApe posted:

ah, he's been whisked away to a hospital now.

This is the guy that fell off the side of the cliff? Who was that, and how did that turn out?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Castroviejo. I think he's still alive.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
That was the Queenest of Queen stages in every way imaginable.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

We still have stage 20 to look forward to as well.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Turns out Rodriguez smacked Deignan in the face on Sunday too. A lot of punches this year.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Most combative rider award is wide open this year.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Can we just go full Road Rash already?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fBVkkPgwyg

Brilliant bit on Garmin there.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I love it when the GC teams are effectively forming sprint trains for their riders so they dont get caught out by anything on the climb.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Alright, I'll say it: I hope Sky aren't just putting in the work right now for Froome to try and get 2nd. I hope he has an insane go at Contador. I still don't want him to win, though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Alright, I'll say it: I hope Sky aren't just putting in the work right now for Froome to try and get 2nd. I hope he has an insane go at Contador. I still don't want him to win, though.

Hes gonna do the same thing he did the other day and kick off the front once his team mates have burnt out on the climb. Contador will follow him again though. Interestingly today Sky have put 2 riders behind Froome to try and make sure Contador cant sit on his wheel this time though.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Perfect. That's exactly the final kms I wanted to see

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Looks like Froome agreed to hand the stage to Aru if he helped him get some seconds. They were working well right up to the final sprint.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Froome is solidifying second. Unless something bad happens to Bertie he's got this one I think. It would be cool to see SKY/Froome try something though considering how out of character it is.

That Aru sure is something guys!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Fun facts from crazytown: Bouhanni dropped early by FDJ because the DS was tired of his poo poo.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report-fdj-drops-bouhanni-after-french-interview

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

I'm tired of his poo poo and I just click on links on cyclingnews. He should be old enough to remember the tale of Jakob Fuglsang ffs!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
One of the sky riders has gone into the trees. Looks in a bad way. Cataldo I think.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
Samuel Sanchez is so fast on the decent.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

One of the sky riders has gone into the trees. Looks in a bad way. Cataldo I think.

Yeah it was Cataldo, and yeah it looked really bad. Hope he's OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smirr posted:

Yeah it was Cataldo, and yeah it looked really bad. Hope he's OK

Just shown a replay from above, not as bad as I first thought but it still looks like he's hit some roots with his back or something.