Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

It is, and it's great. Had one for 3,5 years and counting.

Jarl fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

niss
Jul 9, 2008

the amazing gnome

Jarl posted:

It is, and it's great. Had one for 3,5 years and counting.

Yeah I have put together a few systems for family and friends using Fractal stuff and have been really impressed. Def going to be my next case purchase when I build a new system for me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hughmoris posted:

I really like that case. I'm getting older and I'm about done with all these drat blue LEDs on my case. I just want something vanilla.

Or alternatively cut the LED power internally. I hate lights in general.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

I've been doing this on all of my PCs for a while and it was one of the best ideas I've ever had. I started doing it on things I bought commercially.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

The LEDs usually sit behind a clear piece of plastic that works like optical fibre since the LEDs are usually fixed to the chassis (instead of the faceplate). What this means is you can put something in between the LEDs and the clear plastic, like some translucent tape, to dim them. I usually just colour them over with a black marker so that the LEDs still serve a function-telling me if the computer is on/harddisk is working-without the blinding blue light.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
http://www.lightdims.com/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

http://www.amazon.com/NSI-Industries-EWWH-5060-Easy-Wrap/dp/B00CTUW99Y/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1410274586&sr=1-1

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

That's all fine and good if you have a very small pair of scissors and the hands of a surgeon, but for two bucks more I'd rather everything already cut out for me as opposed to cutting out 4 lovely retard circles per every only half retarded circle.

FireTora
Oct 6, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

That's all fine and good if you have a very small pair of scissors and the hands of a surgeon, but for two bucks more I'd rather everything already cut out for me as opposed to cutting out 4 lovely retard circles per every only half retarded circle.

Hole punch

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

FireTora posted:

Hole punch

Hole punch + electrical tape costs more than light dims.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
Ooh, neat. You can get them "free" for $2.00 after processing/handling/shipping/whatever. Not bad.

TeodorMorozov
May 27, 2013

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

You need a fitted sheet for that bed.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Living like poo poo, and I don't care.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Butyraceous posted:

Yes, but where do you sit and work? :confused:

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Hollow Talk posted:

I'm guessing the cat might allow him to use the floor every once in a while.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Hollow Talk posted:

I climb on the desk and squat on the edge, as per my cats instructions.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Butyraceous posted:

I can't understand how people can tolerate having two monitors like that. I can understand one, or three; but how do you tolerate the asymmetry of having two? Not to mention the way it prevents you from correctly positioning your speakers.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

The Lord Bude posted:

I can't understand how people can tolerate having two monitors like that. I can understand one, or three; but how do you tolerate the asymmetry of having two? Not to mention the way it prevents you from correctly positioning your speakers.

Do you mean having the two monitors angled to one another? It seems to be a product of the desk more than anything, although the angle of those speakers is really odd.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

RhoA posted:

Do you mean having the two monitors angled to one another? It seems to be a product of the desk more than anything, although the angle of those speakers is really odd.

If you want to maintain symmetry, you basically need to stare directly at the bezel between the screens. Its horrible.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Nice SAC2 image i believe, I don't think we saw aramaki with the bots in the control room in SAC1

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Butyraceous posted:

Says living like poo poo but is neatly organised and dust free. I need to post a picture of my snot desk again to really gross some people out.

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

Maybe they aren't gaming with both monitors? I use my second monitor for palettes and to monitor security cameras.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

WorkingStiff posted:

Maybe they aren't gaming with both monitors? I use my second monitor for palettes and to monitor security cameras.

I'm not talking about gaming, I'm talking about desk aesthetics.

WorkingStiff
Jul 5, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm not talking about gaming, I'm talking about desk aesthetics.
:goonsay:

Seriously, most of these monitor arrays are not by design, they are precariously balanced on flatpack night stands or desks they found out by the dumpster of their dorm.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

The Lord Bude posted:

I do it by not being bothered by trivial things.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

go3 posted:

I do it by not being bothered by trivial things.

Speaker position is important. I use a tape measure to ensure my speakers form a perfect equilateral triangle with my seating position.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Speaker position is important. I use a tape measure to ensure my speakers form a perfect equilateral triangle with my seating position.
Pfft, just buy yourself some $500 Sennheiser headphones. That's what I did. :colbert:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Pfft, just buy yourself some $500 Sennheiser headphones. That's what I did. :colbert:

There are 3 reasons I can't do that.

1. I find headphones annoying to wear for any length of time. I use my $40 sennheisers only for listening to stuff when everyone else has gone to bed, and stuff I don't want other people to listen in on.

2. Buying 500 dollar headphones would make me feel bad about the $3k I've spent on speakers.

3. I have no money. (refer to [2])

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Until you find comfortable ones. I have some Sony MDR-1R and you barely notice them.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Combat Pretzel posted:

Until you find comfortable ones. I have some Sony MDR-1R and you barely notice them.

gently caress yeah, MDR-1R. They're great.

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
If you wear glasses, there's almost no chance you can find a pair of headphones that you could truly forget you have on, even the most comfortable ones. That said, I love Audio-Technica's full-size headphones with the "3D Wing" head support, because I find headbands that touch my head invariably cause discomfort after a while, regardless of how well padded it is. The ATH-W1000s are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

GokieKS posted:

If you wear glasses, there's almost no chance you can find a pair of headphones that you could truly forget you have on, even the most comfortable ones. That said, I love Audio-Technica's full-size headphones with the "3D Wing" head support, because I find headbands that touch my head invariably cause discomfort after a while, regardless of how well padded it is. The ATH-W1000s are probably the most comfortable headphones I've ever used.

The 3d-wing is so great. I have the AD700 for daily use, and even with my giant head and glasses they are so comfortable. I've had mine for 5+ years and if they broke I'd just buy them again.

The Beyerdynamic 880 Pros I have are also quite comfortable after I stretched them out, so those are an option as well.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Because of this thread I purchased LED Dims. They are amazing and I am unashamed. :frogc00l:

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

The Lord Bude posted:

There are 3 reasons I can't do that.

1. I find headphones annoying to wear for any length of time. I use my $40 sennheisers only for listening to stuff when everyone else has gone to bed, and stuff I don't want other people to listen in on.

2. Buying 500 dollar headphones would make me feel bad about the $3k I've spent on speakers.

3. I have no money. (refer to [2])

Re your 1. i actually recently bought semi-decent speakers (and by semi-decent i mean speakers that don't cost like 10$ like my old ones) and even though i actually like how they sound a lot i can't loving stop wearing my headphones D:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

uaciaut posted:

Re your 1. i actually recently bought semi-decent speakers (and by semi-decent i mean speakers that don't cost like 10$ like my old ones) and even though i actually like how they sound a lot i can't loving stop wearing my headphones D:

I think one of the other recent posters had a point - I'm a glasses wearer, so that may impact my headphone comfort.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

GokieKS posted:

I can't really agree with you there. I have 3 pairs of circumaural headphones (Sennheiser HD570, HD598, Audio Technica ATH-M30) and having my glasses on/off has basically zero impact on how comfortable they are. The HD570s and HD598s are comfortable enough I can wear them for hours on end and pretty much forget they're there, the ATH-M30's get irritating after a while but sound pretty good for under $40 so I don't hold it against them.

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS

Looks alright I guess. Feels a bit empty but otherwise it's great.

Edit: Oops, I carn't read. I'll make the pic.

Kmlkmljkl fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Sep 21, 2014

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I Really should do a pic at home of my setup,
Brother AL4200 Full color Laser printer on the left, under it is the Base box for my Surround Sound speakers, Twin (Matched) Monitors with the
Logitech K750 Solar Wireless KB, and Logitech G700 Gaming Mouse, Small USB hub in front of the center speaker at the middle of the monitors, and on the floor the NAS box on the right, PC on the left (by nas box i mean a Dell PowerEdge Desktop server running Freenas) (also the Gigabit hub)

all on an Ikea Desk and a STD dining room chair with a back massage seat affixed.
Oh! and Roccat 7.1 USB headphones.

Turn right I have the Wii U, DVD Player 45" TV, BluRay Player, Cable TV Box, and Fibre connection.
turn around and at the bottom of the bed is another machine, My Windows 8 / Mac Mini setup (its a powerpc Mac mini), currently hidden behind the Inversion Table.

By the side of the bed is my Ipad2 , Iphone 4S and Iphone 5S (gold) as well as HUDL, and in the drawer is my 2 Arduino Nano's Arduino Mega + Ramps Board and 3 Raspis...

(I really should clean up a bit, specially sort out the 4 crates of PSUs and Cables)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
Razer Tiamat 7.1
Roccat Ryos MK PRO
Roccat Kone XTD
Random HP Monitor lol

Case: Big Tower Aerocool Strike-X ST Black

PSU: Enermax Platimax 850W 80Plus Platinum

SSD: SSD Samsung 840 Evo 500GB 2.5" Read 540MB/s Write 520MB/s SATA3 HDD: 3.5" Seagate Enterprice Capacity ES.3 2TB 7200RPM 128MB SATA3

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k 3.5GHz 8MB Socket 1150 84W with integrated GPU HD Graphics 4600 Boxed

MOBO: Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA Socket 1150 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 ATX

VGA: VGA ASUS nVidia GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Core 954MHz/1020MHz Memory GDDR5 7000MHz 3GB DVI DP HDMI

Heat Sink: (Liquid) Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme Socket AMD AM2/AM2+/AM3/AM3+/FM1/FM2 Intel 1150/1155/1156/1366/R (2011)

RAM: DDR3 G.Skill ARES F3-2400C11D-16GAB PC3-19200 2400MHz (2x8GB) 16GB CL11 XMP

Fans: 12 currently online, mixed from Bitfenix and Aerocool.
Audio Card: Asus Xonar Phoebus 7.1

NyxBiker fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 28, 2014