Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Classmate named her daughter Raynor. ????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

Istari posted:

You're not sure if naming a child Jenasis is terrible ? Really ?

I feel bad for the kid, but I like originality, so I probably shouldn't be in this thread. Plus, I'd guess she'll go by Jen or Jena anyway which isn't so bad.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
On a receipt from a local fast food restaurant: Chassity.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Axiem posted:

Reminds me that I saw a Bryndl the other day. And there's a girl at the Petsmart named Pandora. What right thinking parent names their daughter after a beautiful woman who's unable to resist temptation? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pandora is a fairly common name. Also at least she closed the lid before the worst monster got out. Hope in case you're not up to date on your classical mythology.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Baals

a mayor of Fort Wayne, apparently

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax
As a kid, I remember hearing the last name "Gundelfinger." Apparently that's a not-too-weird German surname, but it's always got a chuckle out of me.

mamelon has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Apr 7, 2015

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
One of my best friends has the first initial/last name combo of A. Houle. I keep telling him if he has a kid he should name them Ash.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Axiem posted:

I know a Chasity, too! (only one "s")

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

I used to have one of his street signs because 14 year olds are dumb.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Ariza posted:

I used to have one of his street signs because 14 year olds are dumb.

I once lived in a town with a mayor named David Lynch. All over the town, on the borders with neighboring towns, were signs that said, "Welcome to Euclid, Mayor David Lynch." On one of the signs, someone had scratched out "Lynch" and substituted "Bowie." It's been over twenty years since I saw that sign, and I just had yet another birthday, yesterday, and I still think it's funny.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Local jail roster delivers again. Some girl got arrested on a parole violation, and her first name is Metallica. She doesn't look especially metal to me, but I'm hoping her parents are.

Centripetal Horse posted:

I once lived in a town with a mayor named David Lynch. All over the town, on the borders with neighboring towns, were signs that said, "Welcome to Euclid, Mayor David Lynch." On one of the signs, someone had scratched out "Lynch" and substituted "Bowie." It's been over twenty years since I saw that sign, and I just had yet another birthday, yesterday, and I still think it's funny.

If that's Euclid, OH then that's where my grandfather was born.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Bought a colander from this dude Krenden

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Classmate named her daughter Raynor. ????

That's my surname, so I guess they're just doing that surname as firstname thing.

I've just started working as a teaching assistant at a school and about 50% of the student body have a first name I've never come across before. Challenging!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Just called a family with the last name "Mlady."

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yoinked from the funny pics thread:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, what kind of name is Di-Anna?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Queen-Ceejay.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

stubblyhead posted:

Yoinked from the funny pics thread:

Dick Butt, legend of massage

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

The police blotter is practically cheating, but how can you resist when it's this good?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, what kind of name is Di-Anna?

:bsg:

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006
The spokeswoman for a local nudist colony is named "Dawnzella Gearhart"

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Secretary at the Urgent Care center was named Caron. Pronounced Karen

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Vadun posted:

Caron is a Welsh name. It's pronounced more like CAR-on, though.

angelfisher
Aug 15, 2011
I know someone named Daiquiri. Spelled just like the drink. He gets a lot of people asking, "Come again, did you say Zachary?"

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Today I came across the name Candies. This was their legal name, not a nickname.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
And how much did you tip her for her dance?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Names you only find in posh schools: Radegund.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Vadun posted:

Served a lady named Caron (same pronunciation) at work a couple of times. Massachusetts South Shore area?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Kurtofan posted:

Names you only find in posh schools: Radegund.

Many saint names are old-fashioned, sure, but I'm not sure how that's terrible as such?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Waci posted:

Many saint names are old-fashioned, sure, but I'm not sure how that's terrible as such?

I didn't know of the saint until I googled it. And it sounds a little stodgier than other saints, kind of like a tupperware brand

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

There's a doctor at one of the clinics I attend named Konstantin Konstantinov :ussr:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LivesInGrey posted:

There's a doctor at one of the clinics I attend named Konstantin Konstantinov :ussr:

That reminds me, one of the offensive players for the University of Hawaii is Joseph Iosefa, which is Samoan for Joseph :downs:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waci posted:

It's funny because it's a name that would have been old fashioned 100 years ago, also it makes me think of Cunégonde from Candide.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LivesInGrey posted:

Konstantin Konstantinovs, Russian powerlifter.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Childhood friend just named her new daughter Kexel.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Konstantin Konstantinovs, Russian powerlifter.

Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov, Russian boxer.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Served a lady named Caron (same pronunciation) at work a couple of times. Massachusetts South Shore area?

Nope. Raleigh, NC

Here's another weird name on a cake from my favorite local bakery

Quint Gets Eaten
Apr 23, 2014
Saw a document written by a "Mychelle" today at work. What is it with the George R. R. Martin-esque trend of taking normal names and purposely misspelling them?

In that vein, I had a close childhood friend named "Ilyse," pronounced "E-leese." Apparently it was an old family name, and I never really thought it was good or bad, but the teachers always had a hell of a time trying to sound it out on the first day of school each year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Vadun posted:

Here's another weird name on a cake from my favorite local bakery

After the Everly Brothers, maybe ?