Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Guaranteed not to finish below .500! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Move Perez to #2 in batting order
Move Trout to #4

Wanna help Trout get the triple crown...

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If we can finish in last place, but have Gregerson become the AL Saves Champion, that would be just peachy.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
The blingee have 19 shutouts, :wow:

And yet we never make the little news highlights things :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JosefStalinator posted:

The blingee have 19 shutouts, :wow:

And yet we never make the little news highlights things :(

The news things only show CG Shutouts (which is why I never have anything up there), and your only one happened near the start of the league before I realized how neat/easy adding that bit was.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
gently caress. collapsing like the athletics irl

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 7, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Jose Abreu hit 3 homeruns in a game.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I don't get why the game was hating on the Nationals in the power rankings until now. We had consistently the second highest number of wins until the last update or two, and now that we're falling behind we pop up in the rankings? Bizzarro world.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
In the Sept. 8th rankings you popped up because you'd just swept the team leading your division. (i.e. me)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zodiac5000 posted:

I don't get why the game was hating on the Nationals in the power rankings until now. We had consistently the second highest number of wins until the last update or two, and now that we're falling behind we pop up in the rankings? Bizzarro world.

Timing, probably. Rankings are weekly and sims were two weeks at a time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

September 22, 2014

Seven days left to the end of the season, do you guys want me to stop the next sim on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or just finish the regular season?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

I say if there's a close race where the last game of the season matters, pause the update for that. Otherwise finish the season.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
IF Oakland plays the Angels and sweeps them the playoffs are still possible I guess. And yeah, if there are some close races I say pause it before the last series or something, then finish.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

angrygodofjebus posted:

IF Oakland plays the Angels and sweeps them the playoffs are still possible I guess. And yeah, if there are some close races I say pause it before the last series or something, then finish.

The schedule is the same as the real one for this year so you finish against the Angels and Rangers.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Going down to the wire, eh Monicro? Best of luck to you!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
NL West Supremacy, death to other divisions

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

JosefStalinator posted:

NL West Supremacy, death to other divisions

Above .500 and I'm out of the race in 4th.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
If I get hosed by Manny Goddamn Machado I'm going to be mad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gorman Thomas posted:

If I get hosed by Manny Goddamn Machado I'm going to be mad

Yeah, his blatantly HGH fueled rise has been pretty impressive.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

kensei posted:

Above .500 and I'm out of the race in 4th.

When the last place team in the NL West is above .500, you know it's the loving best division, gently caress the rest.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's kinda funny that the best teams have topped out at 89-90 victories and there's no clear runaway "best team" in this sim.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pander posted:

When the last place team in the NL West is above .500, you know it's the loving best division, gently caress the rest.

a-yup

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It was awfully nice of the Reds and Pirates to go 14-5 so far in September though to make their division at least somewhat respectable, though.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Before you do another sim can I see all of the Pirates extended stats? I need to optimize everything before you sim any more games.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I am so tempted to sit Alex Gordon to help Trout win the triple crown. I am That Guy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pander posted:

I am so tempted to sit Alex Gordon to help Trout win the triple crown. I am That Guy.

Swapping two high OBP guys between 2nd and 4th isn't really going to reduce the RBIs your #3 hitter gets, either. I would have just swapped Gordon and Trout initially (maybe move Perez to third and Trout to fourth).

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I wasn't looking to reduce Gordon's chances, just increase Trout's. If Trout had hit 4th all season he'd probably top 130 now.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Pander posted:

NL West NL Best :smug:

Hopefully this means the Padres are actually better than their record indicates and will roll to an easy WS victory.

But probably not. :smith:

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 9, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mentholmoose posted:

Before you do another sim can I see all of the Pirates extended stats? I need to optimize everything before you sim any more games.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'd like to see the Angels too if you don't mind. Hopefully Capuano/DeGrom aren't loving me over too bad

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

It doesn't look like there's much I can do actually. Just make sure that Venters is actually in the closer spot, and see if there's any way you can bump up O'Flaherty's workload over the last week and potentially the playoffs. Thanks!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gorman Thomas posted:

I'd like to see the Angels too if you don't mind. Hopefully Capuano/DeGrom aren't loving me over too bad

you had an entire daaaaaay <:mad:>

I'll post it when I get home but when I do the sim I do the sim, if I push it back it's cutting into my Destiny time and if I say "I'll do it before bed" I run the risk of forgetting/being too tired to do it.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm curious to see stats for the players from Arizona and how Ryan Howard did after his trade.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
No worries IP, I didn't want to make changes, just take a peek at where the dingers are coming from.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gorman Thomas posted:

No worries IP, I didn't want to make changes, just take a peek at where the dingers are coming from.

ok, I'll just add them to the sim post then.

After the season I'm going to be going through every team, by division, with the team pages and expanded stats so we can see all the hilarity (such as Tulo hitting around the mendoza line).

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Jubs posted:

I'm curious to see stats for the players from Arizona and how Ryan Howard did after his trade.

Same!

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

ok, I'll just add them to the sim post then.

After the season I'm going to be going through every team, by division, with the team pages and expanded stats so we can see all the hilarity (such as Tulo hitting around the mendoza line).

If it's not too much bother, could you post the trades made (with winners/losers as applicable?)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Suspenseful September 28!

Gorman Thomas posted:

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Cmon Gonzalez. Keep pitching way better than you really should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

C'mon Rockies. Keep the NL West above .500 baby...

IP: Could I know my team's record vs. division compared to vs. everyone else? I'd feel better with a .500 record knowing it's the NLW being stacked keeping me from making the playoffs.

• Locked thread