Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

echronorian posted:

Predicting now that none of the featured rappers make it to the album.

Yeah, remember this?

atrus50 posted:

the updated body count of people who have been shipped to paris/london/hawaii/los angeles for LP6

Lupe Fiasco
Mos Def
A$AP Rocky
The Heatmakerz
Hudson MoHawke
Jeff Bhasker
Rick Ross
Azealia Banks
88-Keys
Mr Hudson
Daft Punk
The-Dream
Burial
Zomby
Justice
Diplo
M.I.A.
LMFAO
Cassius
Jay Electronica
Swedish House Mafia
Detail
James Blake
S1
Skrillex
Mannie Fresh
Theophilus London
Florence Welch
2 Chainz
Future
Ellie Goulding
Jadakiss
No I.D.
Hit-Boy
KeY Wane
System of a Down
Justin Bieber
Frank Ocean
Tyler, The Creator
TNGHT
RZA
Young Chop
Chief Keef

whoops forgot Will Smith, Pusha-T, D'banj and probably a half dozen others

Lol I think Chief Keef was the only person from that list who featured on Yeezus. From the production side, IIRC, just Hudson Mohawke and Daft Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Frank Ocean too, but yeah, none of the rest iirc.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Man I could sure go for a Justice/Ye song, they're already well capable of anything Daft Punk could do these days besides dropping stacks of cash into a black hole trying to get a hi hat to sound like a sample that's been around for 30 years.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
alright, there were a ~few~ more:

Lupe Fiasco - he says "For my theme song" on bsh
The Heatmakerz - did some work on bound
88-Keys -botl
S1 -some programing on guilt trip
Skrillex -canned single
No I.D. - programing on bsh
Tyler, The Creator - programming on bound
TNGHT - botl
Young Chop - general production

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 17, 2014

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ye on a burial beat is all I want in this life

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Man I could sure go for a Justice/Ye song, they're already well capable of anything Daft Punk could do these days besides dropping stacks of cash into a black hole trying to get a hi hat to sound like a sample that's been around for 30 years.

Daft Punk did work on Black Skinhead which I think is better than anything Justice has ever touched. Especially considering that Busy P / Mr Oizo cowrote so much of their material.

thathonkey posted:

Lol I think Chief Keef was the only person from that list who featured on Yeezus. From the production side, IIRC, just Hudson Mohawke and Daft Punk.

Also it seems that some of the slated James Blake stuff might appear on Blake's next album.

I also wonder how much of that list was actually real considering what Mike Dean / Evian Christ and others have said anecdotally about the work that went into Yeezus.

(Also Kanye + Burial would be awful imo).

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a milk crime posted:

(Also Kanye + Burial would be awful imo).

Yeah. It's one of those things that sounds cool at first but then when you start thinking about it you realize how horrible it would sound. Burial's sound is basically anti-Kanye.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Someone should fund Kanye's fashion label just so he finds something new to complain and be angry about. I LOVE Yeezus but I don't want another album in the same vibe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
The way things have been going it would be an entire album dedicated to KK with various takes on how he wants to dip dat rear end in gold

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

atrus50 posted:

alright, there were a ~few~ more:

Lupe Fiasco - he says "For my theme song" on bsh
The Heatmakerz - did some work on bound
88-Keys -botl
S1 -some programing on guilt trip
Skrillex -canned single
No I.D. - programing on bsh
Tyler, The Creator - programming on bound
TNGHT - botl
Young Chop - general production

A lot of that was thrown out. Tyler's contributions didn't make it to the album, for example.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ye was in fine form tonight in London.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/masked-kanye-west-launches-20-3813673

quote:

Masked Kanye West launches into "20 minute" rant at Wireless and gets booed by angry fans

I was there. It was ace. Never change Kanye.

He also came on to Pink Floyd.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't know why people keep acting like this is news. He has literally gone on a 20 minute rant at every single Yeezus show. It's built in to the setlist.

At my how it was about Nike.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

I don't know why people keep acting like this is news. He has literally gone on a 20 minute rant at every single Yeezus show. It's built in to the setlist.

At my how it was about Nike.

He was going on about how the mask was his real face or something like that. I could watch him ramble on for hours. He also stopped songs mid-way through to give advice to the stage cameramen about what angles to shoot from for the big screens.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
At my show it was on "why I talk so much poo poo." It was actually really touching. Like, for real. It seemed like he was really digging deep.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Mr. Flunchy posted:

He also stopped songs mid-way through to give advice to the stage cameramen about what angles to shoot from for the big screens.

lmbo

Dude is the real life Zoolander.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Ye was in fine form tonight in London.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/masked-kanye-west-launches-20-3813673

I was there. It was ace. Never change Kanye.

He also came on to Pink Floyd.

Same at Bonnaroo. A bunch of hard/prog classic rock before his set, ending with Time. I wonder if it's a hint towards his new album?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

CortezFantastic posted:

Same at Bonnaroo. A bunch of hard/prog classic rock before his set, ending with Time. I wonder if it's a hint towards his new album?

Ye's new album will be guttural yelling and self stylized anti Nike slam beat poetry over Genesis samples

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

echronorian posted:

Ye's new album will be guttural yelling and self stylized anti Nike slam beat poetry over Genesis samples

Guaranteed to be Pitchfork's Album of the Year 2014

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

CortezFantastic posted:

Same in Dublin. I though it was just the promoters being lazy and throwing on the closest CD they had handy.

inSTAALed posted:

Guaranteed to be Pitchfork's Album of the Year 2014

And worst. And most overrated, like Yeezus was in 2013.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Yeah Yeezus was weak and so was this tour.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

CortezFantastic posted:

I assumed he came out to 'Time' just because of how late he was at the previous Roo he was booked for.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

echronorian posted:

"Do you like Phil Collins?"

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
http://www.oystermag.com/new-kanye-west-is-two-weeks-away

Please kanye

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Yeah new GQ interview is pretty funny and cool

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

I'd like to thank this thread for convincing me to spend a decent chunk of change on this one (Cruel Summer poster variant).

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Anybody going to see him at Made in America Fest? Hope he plays new songs! And that the crowd will be manageable.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

Anonymous John posted:

Anybody going to see him at Made in America Fest? Hope he plays new songs! And that the crowd will be manageable.

It's a festival, so don't really count on the crowds being managaeable. Although they won't be as crazy as say bonnaroo or acl for that matter. But yes, it wont be super bad. I saw him three years ago during the dark beautiful fantasy tour and also the last night where he did runaway with the ballet dancer. It wasn't the best performance, but when he isn't jumping from song to song and plays one all the way through, he's great.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

New album cancelled in favour of performance art project

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Kanye supposedly making a song with Paul McCartney called Piss On My Grave. Could turn into a whole album together.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

bows1 posted:

Kanye supposedly making a song with Paul McCartney called Piss On My Grave. Could turn into a whole album together.

If this is true, this is proof that there is a God.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I would also accept this as proof of a higher power, but only if it was an ultra high gloss aping of Death Grips' act and the cover the album was both of them actually pissing on John Lennon's grave.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Really looking forward to when Thug blows a beatle out of the water

sursumdeorsum
Jan 10, 2010
As if Paul McCartney would be caught dead working with that mental midget.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I can't live in a world where this isn't true

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would also accept this as proof of a higher power, but only if it was an ultra high gloss aping of Death Grips' act and the cover the album was both of them actually pissing on John Lennon's grave.

Paul: Right. Now let's do George's next!
Kanye: Nah, man. I... I'm not down with that.

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

echronorian posted:

That sounds pretty amazing on some level

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Some field recordings from the private party after Wireless in July making the rounds.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

teacup posted:

I can't live in a world where this isn't true

I don't know, this doesn't excite me that much. What's a black Beatle, anyway?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Went to the show in Melbourne yesterday (yes, the Yeezus tour is still going, he postponed the May tickets for the wedding). We missed out on a lot of stuff from the rest of the tour (no mountain, throne of bitches, or white Jesus) but the whole set design was still really cool and Yeezy didn't hold back at all. However, for the last song of the encore (Niggas in Paris) Kanye restarted the song four times because the mosh pit wasn't making a big enough circle for him ("make the circle bigger").

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

West then homed in on Fan No. 2, who was still seated. He stopped performing the tune “The Good Life” and declared, “This is the longest I’ve had to wait to do a song, it’s unbelievable.” The crowd was reportedly trying to clue Kanye in to his epic blunder, with the entire section making wheelchair signals with their arms. But to no avail. West sent his bulky bodyguard Pascal Duvier into the crowd to confirm that the seated fan was, in fact, in a wheelchair. When it was confirmed, West said, “He is in a wheelchair? It’s fine!” Full Story

Oh, yeezy

• Locked thread