Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Reign: Enchiridion has been added to the Bundle of Holding's BTA. Reign is Greg Stolze's fantasy RPG about managing empires and adventuring. Enchiridion is all of the rules for Reign with all of the original setting stuff stripped out. I've heard Reign is pretty fantastic, so I'm excited that it's been added to the bundle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It should be pointed out, too, that all of the Reign supplements are available for free on Greg's web site. That includes a few new settings, alternate magic systems, and a pseudo-minis system for mass combat.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
KR Multicase is having a sale on ebay!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/the-kr-multicase-shop

Good prices especially if you want some of that sweet aluminum

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

The new Bundle of Holding is a reboot of their Stars Without Number bundle. They already added Kevin Crawford's newest book about building ships in the game. They'll be adding more as the bundle goes on, and as usual, if you already bought it back in the day, you'll get the new titles automatically.

Ends on Monday!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The next Bundle is going to be White Wolf's Scion; base is the core "Hero" book and the companion, beat the average gets you the remaining books (Demigod, God, Ragnarok). I don't know what (if anything) they can add to this one later, though.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I wasn't sure if I should post this here, but it is a deal on an RPG...

If you preorder the new edition of D&D at Amazon, you can get the Player's Handbook for $29.97 (40% off,) the DM's Guide for $34.33 (31% off,) and the Monster Manual, also for $34.33 (31% off.)

That brings the whole bundle to just under $100. I don't know if anyone even cares about D&D anymore, or if everyone has moved onto Pathfinder....

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Evil Mastermind posted:

The next Bundle is going to be White Wolf's Scion; base is the core "Hero" book and the companion, beat the average gets you the remaining books (Demigod, God, Ragnarok). I don't know what (if anything) they can add to this one later, though.

An apology.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's a book on the Persian gods and some adventures. :shrug:

Scion is a very troubled game and I would recommend listening to the System Mastery podcast review of Scion: Hero before you buy it. I know at the higher levels, Demigod and God, the power balance and power setups are worse than Exalted. You will get into situations where two people fighting can't do anything to each other because one person is guaranteed to hit and another is guaranteed to block, forever. Scion also suffered because it was pretty much a one off thing and no attempts to fix things were really made.

If you are going to invest in Scion, I would recommend you do it here though because it'll be a bit of a deal and some of the money will go to charity.

EDIT: Some big problems with the game as well, racism and sexism, but you can hear all about that in the System Mastery episode.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 6, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alternately, just give money directly to the charities and get Part Time Gods instead, which is a much better godgame.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

Alternately, just give money directly to the charities and get Part Time Gods instead, which is a much better godgame.

Or Nobilis, if you want to really jump in the deep end.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

I dunno how much longer it's going to last, but right now you can get the Shadowrun book Street Grimoire for free on DrivethruRPG with coupon code SG2014GC.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nice!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

DriveThruRPG is doing a Cthulhu Mythos sale!

Notable products include a lot of Call of Cthulhu products and a bunch of Pelgrane Press games (I saw Night's Black Agents, Esoterrorists, Fear Itself, and Trail of Cthulhu on sale) as well as a bunch of supplements. Everything is 25% off from what I can tell.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SJG is having a 23% off sale on all their GUPRS stuff.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

I've never really bothered getting into GURPS, but i've also always been sort of interested in looking into Dungeon Fantasy. Which is the actual book with the rules because there are seriously 16 of them. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 1: Adventurers?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's the one with the basic premise, yeah.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
I'm releasing my two-page game ¡Viva San Judas! into the wild. It's a quick political satire game designed for one-shot sessions.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The new Bundle of Holding is Ars Magica 5th ed.

I've always heard good things and the price is definitely right. Is it worth going for the threshold price too?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Peas and Rice posted:

I've always heard good things and the price is definitely right. Is it worth going for the threshold price too?

It very much is, those are all great books that add a ton. If you dig the base concept there's no reason not to just go bigger.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Peas and Rice posted:

You're getting a pretty solid base for the game with that bundle. As it is right now, $23 is a great deal for all of those and that's not counting the extra books they will add in as they go.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's Bundle of Holding is a ton of Champions stuff.

quote:

For just US$9.95, you get DRM-free .PDF ebooks of all four 5th-Edition titles in our starter collection (retail value $38):

- Hero System 5th Edition Revised (retail price $17): From 2004, the unmatchably comprehensive 569-page compendium of the 5th Edition rules.
- Hero System Sidekick (retail $7): The essential Hero rules condensed into a 128-page book -- a great way to learn the system.
- Champions Universe for 5th edition (retail $9): One of the most thorough and wide-ranging campaign settings for any superhero RPG.
- Hero System Resource Kit (retail $5): A handy collection of charts and maps (also presented in our November 2013 offer).

And if you pay more than the threshold price, you'll level up (or, shall we say, increase your Character Points!) and get our entire collection of six bonus supplements (retail value $58):

- Conquerors, Killers, and Crooks (retail $9): Nearly 100 ready-made supervillains and villain teams.
- VIPER: Coils of the Serpent (retail $9): The hands-down best treatment of the original Champions villain organization.
- Millennium City (retail $11): An ideal campaign city, a glittering high-tech metropolis built on the ruins of Detroit.
- Champions Battlegrounds (retail $9): Five scenarios (with reusable maps!) set in a park, construction site, carnival, and other often-seen fight sites.
- Everyman (retail $9): A terrific collection of normal non-powered NPCs to flesh out your campaign.
- Stronghold (retail $11): The 5th-Edition update of the original Champions super-prison and the villainous inmates just waiting to escape.

JDCorley
Jun 28, 2004

Elminster don't surf
I very much like VIPER and Millenium City. I'm disappointed that they're not (yet?!) including San Angelo and their associated Chinatown supplement (name I forget). These were the first PDF game supplements I ever saw where you could click on a button and change the stats from Champions to Action! to Mutants & Materminds. It was stunning.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

echopapa posted:

I'm releasing my two-page game ¡Viva San Judas! into the wild. It's a quick political satire game designed for one-shot sessions.

Hey, this is pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of Lasers & Feelings. You should post it in the monthly chat thread if you haven't.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's Bundle of Holding is Monte Cook's 800-page brick of a setting Ptolus: City by the Spire.

$20 for the PDF and the 32-page player's guide, BTA to get all five of his d20 Books of ______ Might.

e: Apparently the PDF for the core book is normally $60.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 9, 2014

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
If you're a 3.5 enthusiast, you can do a lot worse (a LOT worse) than Monte's Ptolus.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FMguru posted:

If you're a 3.5 enthusiast, you can do a lot worse (a LOT worse) than Monte's Ptolus.

Also, the included Banewarrens is a goddamn awesome adventure. It's a killer, but it's good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

dwarf74 posted:

Also, the included Banewarrens is a goddamn awesome adventure. It's a killer, but it's good.
I thought Banewarrens was a separate standalone adventure that was Monte's love letter to big underground Drow fungus cities like D3 Vault Of The Drow? It isn't part of either Bundle, as far as I can tell.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Evil Mastermind posted:

dwarf74 posted:

Heard a lot of buzz about both Ptolus and the Banewarrens and been meaning to get it, so a 66% discount makes this a must-buy for me.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 10, 2014

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

FMguru posted:

I thought Banewarrens was a separate standalone adventure that was Monte's love letter to big underground Drow fungus cities like D3 Vault Of The Drow? It isn't part of either Bundle, as far as I can tell.
I think it's actually part of the Ptolus book. Or it was anyway... Maybe I'm wrong, and that's just how it was sold with the cd? Well... I expect it as a stretch thingy, then, I guess.

(Not a drow to be found, though. :))

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 10, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
It's definitely included in the basic bundle.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

Heard a lot of buzz about both Ptolus and the Banewarrens and been meaning to get it, so a 66% discount makes this a must-buy for me.

Apparently I already own it; I must have gotten it in a bundle at some point.

I have no idea what half the stuff in my DriveThru account even is.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Evil Mastermind posted:

This week's Bundle of Holding is Monte Cook's 800-page brick of a setting Ptolus: City by the Spire.

$20 for the PDF and the 32-page player's guide, BTA to get all five of his d20 Books of ______ Might.

I have that book...in hard copy. It is pretty amazing and is suitable for killing barbarians and fracturing toes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Evil Mastermind posted:

I have no idea what half the stuff in my DriveThru account even is.
It's not quite half for me, but I'm fairly sure most of that came from the treasure hunt thing DriveThru ran last christmas(?).

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have that book...in hard copy. It is pretty amazing and is suitable for killing barbarians and fracturing toes.
Get the Guide to Glorantha as well and start lifting. :v:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

frankenfreak posted:

It's definitely included in the basic bundle.
Oh good!

I'm really not a fan of Monte Cook's mechanics, but he does settings as well as anyone in the business.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Mikan has put a bunch of her minigames in a $0.99 bundle.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
This sounds like fun and I will give money to Mikan. I hope to give more money to Mikan in the future.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

The new Bundle of Holding is a bundle of indie games.

Normal bundle:

-Awesome Adventures
-Cogs, Cakes, & Swordsticks
-Tragedy in Five Acts

Beat the average:

-Another Fine Mess
-Blade & Crown
-Cartoon Action Hour (Season 3)
-Monsters & Magic

I don't think I've heard of any of these! Any thoughts?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I've gamed with Rachel Kronick (author of Blade & Crown) locally and she strikes me as having a good design head and a strong sense of what she wants out of a game. I haven't tried Blade & Crown myself - the one time I played in a roleplaying session with her she was still using RISUS - but my stepfather is in an ongoing campaign with her and I think Blade & Crown is what's being used. He's certainly having fun.

I am not familiar with any of the others.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Paizo's having a big sale on a bunch of old and out-of-print stuff. There's a lot of good supplements there: Ars Magica, Over the Edge, Pendragon, and Warhammer Fantasy 2nd edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The next October BoH is up, and it's All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

quote:

Now, through WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 15, our AFMBE Bundle, second of four "October Horrors" offers of dark-fantasy RPGs for every (um) taste, brings you a comprehensive collection of this wide-ranging gore-soaked game. For just US$9.95 you gets our starter collection, consisting of DRM-free .PDFs of the All Flesh Must Be Eaten rulebook (in its 2003 Revised Edition, retail value $15) and the One of the Living player's handbook quoted above (retail $12). As a convenience to our customers, we also include the Free RPG Day 2011 Introductory Game Kit, The Waking Dead, in the starter collection.

And if you pay more than the threshold price (starting at $22.95), you'll level up and get our entire collection of six bonus supplements (retail value $61):

Enter the Zombie (retail $10): The most acclaimed title in the AFMBE line, this treatise on undead Asian martial-arts is so much better than it has any right to be.
Atlas of the Waking Dead (retail $11.50): Graeme Davis's global gallery of undead monsters from every culture.
The Books of Archetypes 1 and 2 (retail $8 each): Three dozen new Cast Members, because an AFMBE campaign goes through them fast.
Dungeons and Zombies (retail $12): This fantasy sourcebook for the Unisystem also expands your WitchCraft games.
Worlds of the Dead (retail $12): A collection of 21 new Deadworlds that give AFMBE even more amazing variety.