Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Supercar Gautier posted:

This twitter user is posting about the demo.

Select screen:

Only highlighted characters are playable (Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, Mega Man).

Yeah, I'd be okay with this. Link has always been my main, and I'm curious how they've changed him, and of all the newcomers I'm most interested in Mega Man and to a lesser extent Villager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not really interested in any of those characters but I'd still play the poo poo out of a demo just to get a feel for the game itself.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/derpanite

FOUND A STREAM

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It looks really clean, but it's hard to tell much of anything from the scattered screenshots. It's a good sign that people say it feels good, because this is, I think, the first time anyone's played the final build.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Suspicious Cook posted:

By which they mean "infinite plays as long as you leave your 3DS in sleep mode."

I dunno why they bother with the play limit thing and then put it at such a high number. In the activity log thing on 3DS it shows you how many times you've booted up each game and the only ones on mine with more than like 15-20 are stuff like Animal Crossing/Pokemon/Mario Kart. The idea that someone would play a demo 30 times is weird

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Restrictions on the Demo:
Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, Mega Man
4 Costumes per character (no Fierce Diety Link)
Battlefield Only
2 CPUs
2-minute timed match only
Local Multiplayer (no online)
30 launches (why would you exit out of the demo anyways?)

Images stolen from the NeoGAF thread.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Sep 10, 2014

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
rayman is only a trophy in this game, and that is the only real problem

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

sakurai missing out on a huge laugh by not making the demo fox only final destination no items

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Link looks really, really similar to how he played before to me, but it could be a combination of the fact that it's hard to tell from a video, the person playing him doesn't seem very good, and like I, a bad player, would really know anyway! I mean, his moves are obviously the same, I just don't know how that changes in terms of this game's physics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mute the chat and also the stream.

It's good quality video, though.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Link just slashed a Bombchu making it explode but he wasn't close enough to the explosion to be hurt by it. I don't remember that being possible before. Looks like his sword isn't a hurt box.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

http://www.twitch.tv/cobanermani456

found another stream if you didn't like the first

edit: this guy seems worse actually

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

ArfJason posted:

rayman is only a trophy in this game, and that is the only real problem

This.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

On the one hand, the fact that it only has five characters and one stage is kinda sad.

On the other hand, it's still a loving demo with actual loving gameplay and I want it oh my god.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Color Printer posted:

On the one hand, the fact that it only has five characters and one stage is kinda sad.

On the other hand, it's still a loving demo with actual loving gameplay and I want it oh my god.
Cons: No Shulk
Pros: Villager :swoon:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
http://www.twitch.tv/x2__

Another stream.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I can't believe Nintendo actually released a demo of a big game before release.

I can only imagine the rage if NOA doesn't announce a demo on the Treehouse steam.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 10, 2014

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Who is this :spergin: grunting and yelling.

Edit: This guy is terrible.

Inverness fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 10, 2014

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL IT SUSTAINS ME

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Link just slashed a Bombchu making it explode but he wasn't close enough to the explosion to be hurt by it. I don't remember that being possible before. Looks like his sword isn't a hurt box.

It was never a hurt box. In Melee (and more rarely in Brawl) I abused the hell out of that paired with Link's bombs to gently caress with people.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Both Links' shields have always had a bit of projectile armor to them, you could stop some attacks with them if you were in neutral state.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's an Omega version of Battlefield.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

It was never a hurt box. In Melee (and more rarely in Brawl) I abused the hell out of that paired with Link's bombs to gently caress with people.

Shows how my memory is then. I never played as Link much except those amazing "bombs only" matches with friends. Man, I miss those.

Villager literally buries people with his shovel. That is the best.

Reiley posted:

Both Links' shields have always had a bit of projectile armor to them, you could stop some attacks with them if you were in neutral state.

That I do remember.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There's a guy on derpanite's stream who seems almost annoyed and dismayed that the game runs better than it did at E3.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So apparently Final Destination mode might turn items off?

Pretty cool.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Shows how my memory is then. I never played as Link much except those amazing "bombs only" matches with friends. Man, I miss those.

Villager literally buries people with his shovel. That is the best.

That I do remember.

I used to play the poo poo out of Link in Melee. The slowed him down in Brawl, and I could never quite get the hang of him the way I used to. He looks so drat good in Smash 4, though.

I'm going to spend the next week refreshing the eShop and weeping, aren't I?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Do you think they'll patch in Circle Pad Pro support for pseudo C-sticks or will we simply have a stickless Smash this time? The C-stick is kind of weird in that smoe people swear by it but others rarely use it and you can do just fine without it but it makes some specific tricks like Thunderstorming easier. Just holding the 3DS it feels like the buttons will be responsive and easy to slip from a jump to an attack input for low-hop stuff and the lower-seated analog stick feels like it'll make tilts easier to pull off, since I'll often get excited and do a smash instead of a tilt on a Gamecube controller.

Sorry for the serious post, I'm thinking about controls right now.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
In the derpnite whatever stream, is that Werster I hear, the speedrunner? The englishy sounding guy?

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
Supposedly it will support the C-Stick on New Super 3DS Bros. XL while they outright said it wouldn't support the CPP, but I wonder if the reason it'll work on the New 3DS is because there's going to be a patch when it launches.

EDIT: I watched this guy play Hyrule Warriors when it launched in Japan, Derpanite's the English guy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

In the derpnite whatever stream, is that Werster I hear, the speedrunner? The englishy sounding guy?

No.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've downloaded and played the demo. Game rules. Villager rules. GOTY 2014.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

It sounds a lot like him all the way down to his speaking mannerisms. Are you fuckin with me (smash) bro?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Volt Catfish posted:

I've downloaded and played the demo. Game rules. Villager rules. GOTY 2014.

Is Fierce Deity Link in the demo? This is important.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Suspicious Cook posted:

The demo only has half the palette swaps, the basic four.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space T Rex posted:

It sounds a lot like him all the way down to his speaking mannerisms. Are you fuckin with me (smash) bro?
Those speaking mannerisms are called 'being English.'

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

This is the right stream to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/x2__

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Switched to this one, I like it more than the others

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Suspicious Cook posted:

No. Just red, purple, blue

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

http://www.twitch.tv/zero

scarf is preparing to stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
The first stream posted just showed off the auto canceling, and holy poo poo that sounds amazing.

• Locked thread