Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vision looks pretty cool. Everyone is focused on Wanda and Pietro, but Vision might be the most interesting new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Vision might be the most interesting new character.

Definitely the first time I've heard that one.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Vision looks so classically superheroic that now I really loving need Wanda to wear something other than that "you didn't even try" ensemble so she doesn't look completely stupid standing next to him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Vision looks pretty cool. Everyone is focused on Wanda and Pietro, but Vision might be the most interesting new character.

This is Whedon's Avengers...it's not going to be as good as it'll be raved about.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Vision is cool because he had some genuinely unusual superpowers. In the MCU, even more than in the comics, a lot superheroes simply have either super strength, flight or the ability to shoot some kind of beam, so Vision phasing is really soothing new.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It just occurred to me that Vision is basically Martian Manhunter.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Right down to being bald and Green, even.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So here's a question: for the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, what storyline would you like to see (lightly) adapted? My favorite of all time is the original Annihilation cross-over, but maybe that's too heavy and involved for number 2, and maybe best put off to 3? I don't know.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shageletic posted:

So here's a question: for the next Guardians of the Galaxy movie, what storyline would you like to see (lightly) adapted? My favorite of all time is the original Annihilation cross-over, but maybe that's too heavy and involved for number 2, and maybe best put off to 3? I don't know.

Magus

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shageletic posted:

I think a lot of what they do is going to be dependent on how they use, or want to use, Adam Warlock in the larger MCU.

Despite having just done a whole movie about the Guardians, they really have a very, very open ending. The only dangling plot threads are Nebula, Yondu, and the identity of Quill's dad - all of which can go in any direction they want, really. They can also pretty easily use the Nova Corps again (and I hope they do), and I want Cosmo to be more than just a cameo, but that probably won't happen and I'm sad. They can also basically use the collector however they want as well.

Oh, and they're probably going to have Thanos play a bigger role as we prep for Avengers 3.

And, of course, the mastermind of everything in GotG2 will be Howard the Duck.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really would live to see more regular Kree in Mar-vell, and honestly I want to see Angela.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

twistedmentat posted:

and honestly I want to see Angela.

What if Star-Lord's Dad was Literally An Angel

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

His dad was Odin?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the Conquest Phalanx story line could be cool. Cocky Star Lord fucks up the security of whatever system and everyone spends the rest of the movie mad at him. You get to make half the Guardians into bad guys after they get taken over.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
The cool thing about Annihilation is that you get to see all these incredible cosmic beings, some protagonists, some antagonists, come together to beat a universal thread. Without actually establishing any of these people, and not even having the rights to a lot of them (Including the Annihilation wave), I think it would be pretty underwhelming. Just the Guardians, plus Xandar and the Kree and maybe some of the others in cameos would not really represent the same epic scale.

What I really want to see i some story involving the Kree, simply so that they are fleshed out more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

I think the Conquest Phalanx story line could be cool. Cocky Star Lord fucks up the security of whatever system and everyone spends the rest of the movie mad at him. You get to make half the Guardians into bad guys after they get taken over.

That could also tie in to Avengers 2 since the Phalanx were basically Ultron.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I doubt the Kree will ever be anything besides an antagonist race in MCU.

muscles like this? posted:

That could also tie in to Avengers 2 since the Phalanx were basically Ultron.

I could see a post credits scene where Ultron beams himself across the galaxy into some alien robot intelligence (Space Knights) and it turns around and bam, Peter Quill's right there.

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 9, 2014

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I thought we settled on it being Starfox and his totally creepy not rape powers making his mom nutty and possibly filed with cancer.

It also makes Yondu right about the rear end in a top hat part.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cap 2 brd is pretty bare bones, but the movie is still so good. Its interesting how MCU Cap has no problem straight up killing guys. He would never get pissed at Wolverine for running a murder squad.

Anyone check the HD release to see if there's any easter eggs in the names from the end of then movie?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 10, 2014

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Cap 2 brd is pretty bare bones, but the movie is still so good. Its interesting how MCU Cap has no problem straight up killing guys. He would never get pissed at Wolverine for running a murder squad.

I think he would. It's all about context. In fact, X-Force's M.O was almost identical to Project Insight. Take out problems before they become a threat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Beanpants posted:

I think he would. It's all about context. In fact, X-Force's M.O was almost identical to Project Insight. Take out problems before they become a threat.

X-Force also was cool with child-murder. That was crossing a line for Deadpool. I think MovieCap would be more than a little ticked.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I want to learn more about this.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

I want to learn more about this.

Read the recent Uncanny X-Force title. From issue 1 until the last issue it's gold. Some people didn't like one story that took place elsewhere with questionable art, but it's one of the best X-Titles that has come out recently. EDIT: The Rick Remender written one, not the volume 2, which I ended up dropping after a while and got canceled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beanpants posted:

Yeah, there's a the difference in killing during a firefight and specifically going out and assassinating people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

X-Force also was cool with child-murder. That was crossing a line for Deadpool. I think MovieCap would be more than a little ticked.

Wasn't that purely Phantomex though? Just Logan being team leader took the heat for it? And to be fair the kid was Apocalypse's clone

God I love Sitwell.

My favorite scene in Cap 2 is when they take him up to the roof, and he's all "You're Captain America, you won't do anything" and Steve is all "sure, but black Widow will" and she shoves him off the roof. Great way to introduce Falcon's jetpack as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't that purely Phantomex though? Just Logan being team leader took the heat for it? And to be fair the kid was Apocalypse's clone

God I love Sitwell.

My favorite scene in Cap 2 is when they take him up to the roof, and he's all "You're Captain America, you won't do anything" and Steve is all "sure, but black Widow will" and she shoves him off the roof. Great way to introduce Falcon's jetpack as well.

You forgot the best part. Steve and 'Tasha just go back to bullshitting about his dating prospects, like they were standing at the copier and Sitwell just left because his memos finished printing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

You forgot the best part. Steve and 'Tasha just go back to bullshitting about his dating prospects, like they were standing at the copier and Sitwell just left because his memos finished printing.

ha, I literally just got to that. Completely forgot how casual they are about it. You totally know Sitwell crapped himself.

That's a cool detail; when Bucky and the other Hydra goons are waiting for BW on the overpass, she sees their shadows underneath.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 10, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

616 Cap will kill people if he has to. He's a soldier. But he won't assassinate someone or kill a person if he can avoid it, or if they're not a threat. None of them would like a murder squad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I need to get Winter Soldier because a couple of months after it came out my brother got the MGS PS3 Collection and watching him play MGS2 I started to get reminded of a lot of things from Winter Soldier.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

achillesforever6 posted:

I need to get Winter Soldier because a couple of months after it came out my brother got the MGS PS3 Collection and watching him play MGS2 I started to get reminded of a lot of things from Winter Soldier.

Bucky is a Cyborg Ninja like Grey Fox!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's interesting, Hawkeye was originally going to be in Cap 2, at least according to the commentary for a deleted scene.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

twistedmentat posted:

That's interesting, Hawkeye was originally going to be in Cap 2, at least according to the commentary for a deleted scene.

Yeah, the directors revealed the scene in an interview recently. It sounds like a cool scene but I can understand why it was cut.

quote:

Joe Russo: What it was going to be, we were trying to complicate the relationship between Cap and his S.H.I.E.L.D agent friends. If Hawkeye got a call from S.H.I.E.L.D saying Captain America is a fugitive, would he listen to that call or not listen to that call? That sequence actually was heartbreaking for us to cut it. I think it ultimately might have been a conflict with Renner’s schedule. But there was a great sequence where Hawkeye was chasing Cap through Washington D.C. there was an awesome sequence where they confronted each other in a ravine on the outskirts of D.C. and Hawkeye was shooting a series of arrows closing in on Cap, Cap closing in on him. And then Cap took him down and he realized for the first time that Hawkeye was trying to trick S.H.I.E.L.D, where he whispered something into Cap’s ear that Cap had a tracker on his suit and to punch Hawkeye to make it look real, because there was a Quinjet hovering above where they were watching the feedback back at S.H.I.E.L.D.

So it was a cool sequence. But look, there’s a million iterations of films, and especially when dealing with Marvel movies where characters can come in or come out during the creative process. And you keep working and working like a Rubik’s Cube till you find the right configuration where everything lines up. So even though we lost that sequence, I think we may have streamlined the movie and made it a little bit more propulsive.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

616 Cap will kill people if he has to. He's a soldier. But he won't assassinate someone or kill a person if he can avoid it, or if they're not a threat. None of them would like a murder squad.

Yeah the sequence on the ship at the beginning is a good example; there's a dude reaching for a fire alarm and Cap had a knife in his hand. He could have thrown the knife into the dude's throat or aimed for the heart, but he threw the knife at his hand and just knocked him out instead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That ship sequence is a top ten comic book movie scene.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Here comes the cockroach-I mean Batmobile! I like it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Burton Batmobile remains the best Batmobile.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Burton Batmobile remains the best Batmobile.

That one is fine but TAS Batmobile is the best. It was basically a stretch limo but a Batmobile.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Here comes the cockroach-I mean Batmobile! I like it.

Master Chief's gonna be pissed that Batman jacked a Warthog.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Finally saw Winter Soldier. Lots of fun, but I think I liked the Heat style battle the best. That and the Steranko by way of Saul Bass end credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Phy posted:

Finally saw Winter Soldier. Lots of fun, but I think I liked the Heat style battle the best. That and the Steranko by way of Saul Bass end credits.

Marvel's end credit sequences have been pretty solid for a while. Iron Man Three was probably my favourite.

• Locked thread