Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

F. Lobot posted:

This is the right stream to watch.
http://www.twitch.tv/x2__

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The game feels really good and I am amazed they managed to get the complete smash experience on this tiny handheld.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

The game feels really good and I am amazed they managed to get the complete smash experience on this tiny handheld.
What system are you playing on, and is it at all hard to see your character? I've heard tons of complaints about that even on XLs but part of that could be it being from crowded showroom floors instead of just you having the console in your hands.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Man, I'm sure we'd seen the Protoman/Mega Man using Rush alt for Mega Man before, but I'd forgotten about it and it looks cool.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

What system are you playing on, and is it at all hard to see your character? I've heard tons of complaints about that even on XLs but part of that could be it being from crowded showroom floors instead of just you having the console in your hands.

I have terrible eyes and am also interested in this question.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

It's an XL and it's not hard to see my character at all.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Watching these streams makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It looks so nice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I used to play the poo poo out of Link in Melee. The slowed him down in Brawl, and I could never quite get the hang of him the way I used to. He looks so drat good in Smash 4, though.

I'm going to spend the next week refreshing the eShop and weeping, aren't I?

He's not, he's still slow as poo poo.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
This is bringing back memories of watching crappy YouTube videos of people playing Brawl before the US version hit. :unsmith:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sire Oblivion posted:

He's not, he's still slow as poo poo.

Are you playing the demo? All the impressions were that he was faster, that's rough to hear. :(

Link can never catch a break!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

"I made a Smash 4 demo tier list; It's just Mario."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Volt Catfish posted:

Can you play with 4 characters on screen in the demo? Or only 3? Either way put the maximum amount of poo poo on that you can, along with 3D on and report the FPS situation please

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is bringing back memories of watching crappy YouTube videos of people playing Brawl before the US version hit. :unsmith:

Or even videos of people watching crappy streams. Those were the days...

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
I can't believe how nice this looks on the 3DS. What an awsome little device.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bicyclops posted:

Are you playing the demo? All the impressions were that he was faster, that's rough to hear. :(

Link can never catch a break!

The E3 and SDCC demos, he doesn't look any different in this demo from then.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Can you play with 4 characters on screen? Or only 3? Either way put the maximum amount of poo poo on that you can, along with 3D on and report the FPS situation please

You can set the full 3 CPUS and also their difficulty to whatever you desire like the full. I had it set to just me and 1 cpu for the moment because I was getting a feel for the game.

I'll give a game with all 4 cpus set to 9 for ya a go.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
This OWNS!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Volt Catfish posted:

You can set the full 3 CPUS and also their difficulty to whatever you desire like the full. I had it set to just me and 1 cpu for the moment because I was getting a feel for the game.

I'll give a game with all 4 cpus set to 9 for ya a go.

You're a real thread hero, Volt Catfish, thank you for running our tests for us.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Thunder is so brutal now. The cloud spikes the opponent into Pikachu's back where the ground blast knocks them away. :black101:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ugh the stream's lagging like hell for me :(

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Does the announcer say "battle royale!" when you enter the character select screen?

That seems like an obvious subtitle for the game now, but obviously by this point they're set on Super Smash Bros. Fo(u)r.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
#Meaty

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Wild Knight posted:

Does the announcer say "battle royale!" when you enter the character select screen?

That seems like an obvious subtitle for the game now, but obviously by this point they're set on Super Smash Bros. Fo(u)r.

He has said this in all the Japanese games.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

This OWNS!!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Smash is real

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

Color Printer posted:

He has said this in all the Japanese games.

Has he? Gotcha.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Reiley posted:

Smash is real
I was beginning to doubt, based on all the posts all day :ohdear:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

My CPU-9 four player game finished. There was a lot going on, obviously, but I didn't see a single frame drop. I also didn't have any trouble keeping track of my character in that kind of chaotic smash environment either.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The demo is a clever distraction to keep people from begging the poor game store clerks from giving out the early copy! Wake up sheeple!

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Looks like computer players don't gang up on the player in free-for-all like in Brawl any more. Thank God.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Volt Catfish posted:

My CPU-9 four player game finished. There was a lot going on, obviously, but I didn't see a single frame drop. I also didn't have any trouble keeping track of my character in that kind of chaotic smash environment either.

Countblanc posted:

This OWNS!!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Ugh, News? Just when this thread was getting good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pikachu looks like a machine

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Suspicious Cook posted:

Looks like computer players don't gang up on the player in free-for-all like in Brawl any more. Thank God.

Good. I was so amazed they thought that was a good idea last game. Thats not a free for all!!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Oh man, Megaman's normals just hit Link's shield. Link might have an advantageous matchup!

Also his victory theme :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Volt Catfish posted:

Awesome!!! This is with 3D on too?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
When you pick a palette and move your cursor to another character, it stays on that palette if you go back to it.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Are any of the streamers playing with more than 2 loving characters??? Like maybe, with FOUR loving smash bros??? In smash bros four??

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

Are any of the streamers playing with more than 2 loving characters??? Like maybe, with FOUR loving smash bros??? In smash bros four??

None of them are using items either. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also: Shulk's CHALLENGER APPROACHING banner is gone on the website...

:dance:

• Locked thread