Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Excels posted:

:pcgaming:MARIO HAS THE TORNADO:pcgaming:

That's just his down-air, same as in Brawl only improved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Excels posted:

I definitely just saw Mario do the tornado in midair. Have not seen any sign of FLUDD. Might be restricted to ground?

You've been loving this thread for way too long Excels

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Villager's slingshot comes out SO FAST, villager is going to be a beast.

edit: everything villager does is awesome and looks fun.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
"I'm glad this is what we're going to be playing for the next 8 years," says what I presume is a competitive player.

Is this real life.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

My rear end in a top hat friend who only plays annoying poo poo like peach and diddy is gonna be all over Villager.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
I actually think Marios FLUDD thing is cool, so long as it actually does what its supposed to do. Not just nudge the opponent back 3 inches.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pikachu's a machine, Villager's a beast, and Link is still my favorite green buffoon.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

My rear end in a top hat friend who only plays annoying poo poo like peach and diddy is gonna be all over Villager.

Wii Fit Trainer spawns volley balls to spike at people. She's the new Peach.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This stuffy white guy on stream is really playing it fast and loose with the word "nigga"

DrMambo
Oct 21, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

Oh man, Megaman's normals just hit Link's shield. Link might have an advantageous matchup!

Also his victory theme :allears:

Megaman's charged shot also hit Link's shield. Seems like he can do a short jump to land normal though.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

net cafe scandal posted:

This stuffy white guy on stream is really playing it fast and loose with the word "nigga"

dude it's fine he probably has A Black Friend

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have to turn off the sound on all videos where game people talk over them because they all sound kind of like that Wario raccoon guy I mention earlier and it fills me with anxiety.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

net cafe scandal posted:

So much better then hearing the sweet, sweet sexy that is the soundtrack. Thanks twichbama.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Wild Knight posted:

Oh man, Megaman's normals just hit Link's shield. Link might have an advantageous matchup!

Also his victory theme :allears:

I can't watch the streams with audio, is it the theme that plays when you select a stage? Because that's my dream victory theme for him.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i'm sorry and i feel bad. it really looks just like the tornado now, apparently fludd has better range or something though, but who even cares :(

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

oh the spinny downward kick? weak...

No it's the Mario Tornado. They changed it in Brawl and it carried over to Smash 4

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

TARDISman posted:

I can't watch the streams with audio, is it the theme that plays when you select a stage? Because that's my dream victory theme for him.

Unfortunately no, though I was hoping for that too. But I think it is a rearranged bit of the Megaman 2 title screen, which still rocks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of the music; is anyone with the demo in the process of ripping it for public consumption?

DrMambo
Oct 21, 2012

TARDISman posted:

It's a rock remix of the title theme from 2.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Link's running A (The jumpslash) is new, right? Because it owns.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jivjov posted:

Speaking of the music; is anyone with the demo in the process of ripping it for public consumption?

It's just the character select, one stage and four victory themes, though? Or are they playing a variety of music on the stages?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Megaman can walljump. Megaman X confirmed.

DrMambo
Oct 21, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

Link's running A (The jumpslash) is new, right? Because it owns.

I think toon link had that same move, I guess they picked the best of both versions.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tails confirmed

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

sharrrk posted:

No it's the Mario Tornado. They changed it in Brawl and it carried over to Smash 4

Really? I don't remember it being in Brawl, but I guess it's been a while... either way, I approve

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tails confirmed

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

DrMambo
Oct 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tails confirmed

I wish he had four ears.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
gently caress why can't I live in anime land. :kiddo:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Link can't bombjump anymore. I guess to balance out all the improvements he got.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Excels posted:

i'm sorry and i feel bad. it really looks just like the tornado now, apparently fludd has better range or something though, but who even cares :(

Everyone makes mistakes, but know that in Japan you would not be forgiven so easily for besmirching Mario's good name.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Suspicious Cook posted:

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

REAL OR FAKE?
94% OF THE PEOPLE THAT ANSWERED GOT THIS WRONG

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DrMambo posted:

I think toon link had that same move, I guess they picked the best of both versions.

I think Toon Link had a stab dash attack, this is more like Link's Smash in 64.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tails confirmed

weakness to rock and ice is not something pikachu needs.....

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

yes turn on your face cam that covers up the game. Why do we need faces again?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This is going to be the worst two and a half weeks of my life.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Junkie Disease posted:

yes turn on your face cam that covers up the game. Why do we need faces again?

They're selling you a brand, be sure to like and subscribe and buy a T-shirt and donate to the Patreon

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

Sire Oblivion posted:

I think Toon Link had a stab dash attack, this is more like Link's Smash in 64.

I'm pretty sure Project M did that to Toon Link to make him more like 64 Link. Link's new dash attack is...jumpier, though, like it's unquestionably referencing his jump attack in 3D Zelda games now.

holy poo poo, villager's axe is murderous.

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 10, 2014

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

This game looks really good.

DrMambo
Oct 21, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

I'm pretty sure Project M did that to Toon Link to make him more like 64 Link. Link's new dash attack is...jumpier, though, like it's unquestionably referencing his jump attack in 3D Zelda games now.

You're right, I remember it from project M, it seems like it has great range and good power too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
When Megaman was at zero, Mario just used Down Throw, Up Smash, Up Tilt, Up Tilt Grab, Down Throw Forward Smash and almost KO'd Megaman right there

So apparently Mario's Down Throw is pretty loving good

• Locked thread