Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Aristophanes posted:

sorry to ruin it for you all but

How am I supposed to look at this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Kheldarn posted:

Menu from a bar that's required to serve food as part of their liquor license

hahaha

finland used to have a law kinda like this and alcohol could only be served if you ordered food. bars sold sadwiches, but if you gave back the sandwich you didnt have to pay for a new one (which was the same sandwich). some sandwiches were days old and held together only by toothpicks. there are also urban legends about plastic sandwiches

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kheldarn posted:

Reminds me of this:

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

I just assumed it was a Doobie thing

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
A bar opened up in a town near me years ago that was given a municipal liquor license that allows Sunday alcohol sales (their city government is one of those old-timey ones with parochial ordinances like "no booze on Sundays" still on the books and enforced). One of the stipulations was that if your establishment is allowed to serve alcohol on Sundays, they must, similarly to the bar restaurant above, sell hot food and soft drinks. The owner decided the least-expensive-but-not-outright-cheating thing to do would be to make up hamburgers. I don't know what the gently caress his recipe is, but the lovely little "I'm obeying the law" burgers took off like wildfire and now the bar & grill is mostly grill, with people coming from cities throughout the area just for them.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A bar opened up in a town near me years ago that was given a municipal liquor license that allows Sunday alcohol sales (their city government is one of those old-timey ones with parochial ordinances like "no booze on Sundays" still on the books and enforced). One of the stipulations was that if your establishment is allowed to serve alcohol on Sundays, they must, similarly to the bar restaurant above, sell hot food and soft drinks. The owner decided the least-expensive-but-not-outright-cheating thing to do would be to make up hamburgers. I don't know what the gently caress his recipe is, but the lovely little "I'm obeying the law" burgers took off like wildfire and now the bar & grill is mostly grill, with people coming from cities throughout the area just for them.

nicotine?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Is there a definition for "hot sandwich" that rules out microwaving an oreo?

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Oh good a long boring paragraph about a stupid bar and hamburgers what great chit chat.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:

spog posted:

Reminds me of this:

Great album though.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Maytag posted:

Oh good a long boring paragraph about a stupid bar and hamburgers what great chit chat.

Sorry, buddy. Here's a pizza cat as an apology.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Maytag posted:

Hey I think I fought that dude in Psychonauts once.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Literally Esoteric posted:

Is "lmbo" some sort of you drat kids' AOL speak?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sometimes I see something like this that makes me ask "why does this exist?" and can come up with no answer save "because God loves us."

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Making fresh hamburgers is pretty cheap, a whole lot cheaper then buying them frozen in bulk, so he probably made a batch of 25-30 in a family recipe style, stuck them in the fridge for a few days, and drunk people went nuts for them. You'd be surprised how much better fresh burgers are then chain restaurant quality.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

rydiafan posted:

Sometimes I see something like this that makes me ask "why does this exist?" and can come up with no answer save "because God loves us."

Doesn't really belong in the PYF Pictures thread but I'm posting it anyway because I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvNzhKTXweQ

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

How am I supposed to look at this one?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:byodame:

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

RIP Clarence :(

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Probably got crushed under a mountain of old newspapers.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Her poison womb is making heaven too full.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

I prefer to think of those as a kill tally.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

snortpocket posted:

RIP Clarence :(

How does that work? Is the halo part of the original illustration, or do you buy it separately?

'Hi, I'd like a carton of my dead cat please' or

'My cat's just died, may I buy a halo to add to his cartoon?'
'We've got a 3-for-2 special today'
'Okay, I'll get 3, Bunny and Buster are looking a bit peaky'

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I like that the cat on the end doesn't have a name. Unless the nametags were poorly-placed, and it's Vicky.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

Her poison womb is making heaven too full.

One of the harshest burns ever said from one human being to another. What site was that for? The dead baby forum?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Solice Kirsk posted:

One of the harshest burns ever said from one human being to another. What site was that for? The dead baby forum?

Yeah, it was a site where the mothers would dress up the fetuses, take photos, and share them on the Internet.

All of the sickest burns that you hear about happening throughout history are usually mis-attributions or straight up fantasy. That one trumps them all and actually loving happened.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

IIRC it was a website for women who bought super-realistic baby dolls (like they cost thousands apiece) as surrogates for their dead babies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

univbee posted:

IIRC it was a website for women who bought super-realistic baby dolls (like they cost thousands apiece) as surrogates for their dead babies.

Here's the original article to save everyone time. It was a bunch of women showing pictures of their dead babies as some kind of creepy shrine.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Even at the time that always struck me as needlessly mean. If a good comedian always punches up, I'm not sure who is supposed to mock a woman struggling to get over a miscarriage.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dr_Amazing posted:

Even at the time that always struck me as needlessly mean. If a good comedian always punches up, I'm not sure who is supposed to mock a woman struggling to get over a miscarriage.

A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hogge Wild posted:

A miscarriage is definitely not a joke, and I have no intention of making light of it. And it can be a tough and emotional thing for couples to go through, speaking from personal experience. And I know that it's often much harder on the woman than on the man. However, I also know that it doesn't necessarily turn you into a sad, depressed sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it, and heal.

I love you.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

:pusheen:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Isnt't the cause of this the "religious headwear"-thing from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Isnt't the cause of this the "religious headwear"-thing from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

yes, and I thought it was just a hat at first, then an ugly hat, then I figured it out.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Hogge Wild posted:

:master:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Hogge Wild posted:

thank you based god

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

:wow:

Folly
May 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's the original article to save everyone time. It was a bunch of women showing pictures of their dead babies as some kind of creepy shrine.

The important thing here is that loving article is 10 years old and I remember reading it new.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

I miss the lovely webcomic thread in YCS

• Locked thread