Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

niethan posted:

wasn't oplot originally ukrainian? dammmnn

They're part of the pro-russian militias operating in the area Ukraine lost control of. Implicated in the torture and beating of a police commissioner. Also pre-war Oplot loved the gently caress out of the Soviet Union in their video packages.

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ahahahaha

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
yo, you laugh but tell me you wouldnt watch randy v fedor

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

yo, you laugh but tell me you wouldnt watch randy v fedor

I wish Fedor had a dumb wiener kid to fight Randy's dumb wiener kid.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Make it a tag team match.

Also doesn't Randy still have fights left on his UFC deal?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

I wish Fedor had a dumb wiener kid to fight Randy's dumb wiener kid.

Actually that is kind of a weird thought, apart from Randy/Ryan, are there any father/son MMA dynasties? Like you have a bunch of brothers and it's fairly common in wrasslin' for legacies to wrassle but I can't really think of any others in MMA

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yuriy posted:

Actually that is kind of a weird thought, apart from Randy/Ryan, are there any father/son MMA dynasties? Like you have a bunch of brothers and it's fairly common in wrasslin' for legacies to wrassle but I can't really think of any others in MMA

That's probably in part due to Randy's age when he got into the sport. Give it time.

You might be able to count some of the gracies? I can't keep straight who is related how in that mess.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Yuriy posted:

Is it a dynasty when the son is not good and the father has completely tarnished his accomplishments with his behavior afterward?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Randy Coutures such a low life i cant even appreciate that he pushed much larger men against fences anymore

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

CommonShore posted:

That's probably in part due to Randy's age when he got into the sport. Give it time.

You might be able to count some of the gracies? I can't keep straight who is related how in that mess.

Gracies, yea, that'd count

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Is it a dynasty when the son is not good and the father has completely tarnished his accomplishments with his behavior afterward?

technically yes

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

1st AD posted:

Also doesn't Randy still have fights left on his UFC deal?

This is what stopped it last time, and likely still the case.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Yuriy posted:

Ken Shamrock and his kid fought on the same card once. In England, I'm pretty sure.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scott Coker will kill every MMA Org with his lust for Fedor.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Yuriy posted:

Ben Rothwell/Tim Boetsch

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LobsterMobster posted:

Ben Rothwell/Tim Boetsch

If this is the standard then you have to include Bonnar/Sanchez via tuf 1

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

kensei posted:

This is what stopped it last time, and likely still the case.

Iirc Randy signed a 6 fight deal for the Nog fight, so he's still got 1 left and Dana probably hates him so he's never gonna get the Fedor fight.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I think there's also a time limit involved.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

fatherdog posted:

I think there's also a time limit involved.

How much time elapsed between Randy retiring for the first time and then triggering his first contract dispute by trying to fight in Affliction or whatever the specific scenario was?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Yuriy posted:

Jordan Mein's rapist dad is a terrible but still active fighter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Can't believe I forgot about Cal and Hunter Worsham

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Joe and Joey Lauzon both have bad cardio. Does that count?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Nobody talking about the death of Sean O'Haire eh?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

El Roncho posted:

Nobody talking about the death of Sean O'Haire eh?

A 0-4 kickboxer and guy who beat 4 cans and lost to butterbean died, no one gives a gently caress

There we talked about it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Yuriy posted:

A 0-4 kickboxer and guy who beat 4 cans and lost to butterbean died, no one gives a gently caress

There we talked about it

He's actually 4-2 in MMA because he also lost to Min Soo Kim, the can most famous for being the can that was fed to Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's MMA debut at K-1 Dynamite.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Yuriy posted:

There we talked about it

Done and done.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Sting pulls off his Sting mask to reveal that he had been sting the entire time, but for mixed martial arts.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Sting pulls off his Sting mask to reveal that he had been sting the entire time, but for mixed martial arts.

Finally a chance to make a russian dolls joke that doesn't involve Putin ramming Fedor against random foreign aggressors and making pew pew noises with his mouth.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Finally a chance to make a russian dolls joke that doesn't involve Putin ramming Fedor against random foreign aggressors and making pew pew noises with his mouth.

I refuse to believe this actually happened

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I refuse to believe it didn't.

Stalemate.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Bas Rutten has been posting every fight of his career on Youtube. He finally got to his UFC fights, and the UFC took them down, copyright infringement :-(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Pretty amazing how there can be like 7 fight cards between Friday and Saturday and just about none of them pop off the page aside from a few fighters here and there

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Pretty amazing how there can be like 7 fight cards between Friday and Saturday and just about none of them pop off the page aside from a few fighters here and there

Yea, I'm pretty much just looking forward to OneFC this weekend and only because I always love me a soccer kick

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Marlon Moraes is the coolest fighter fighting this weekend

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Marlon Moraes is the coolest fighter fighting this weekend

I would like to see Moraes vs Dillashaw at some point

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Bas Rutten has been posting every fight of his career on Youtube. He finally got to his UFC fights, and the UFC took them down, copyright infringement :-(

youre really missing out on him almost losing to tk then losing to randleman in fights with a combined total of 60 seconds of action

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Doesn't everyone here have Fight Pasd anyways? Who cares?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I think Bas has been uploading his fights with his commentary about the fight. So we are missing out on "bong bong bong"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dingady-dingady-dang

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Greg Jackson posted:

Dingady-dingady-dang

If the UK can make Crazy Frog into a #1 hit, we should be able to make Bas into a top 10 single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

LobsterMobster posted:

If the UK can make Crazy Frog into a #1 hit, we should be able to make Bas into a top 10 single.

Drop the Bas.