Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The other thing I'm getting from this page is Jack still going on about Zimmy as the primary threat, rather than the insane robots using her. Boy's got blinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Legacyspy posted:

Annie! Run away, that's a human transmutation circle! They're up to no good.

I kid. I'm glad that Jack's helping out. Nice to see that Jenny has skills to.

I'm glad someone else realized that too :v:

Oddly Jenny and Jack working together like this makes her seem like less of a "'rebound' that sorta looks like Zimmy" to me.

MikeJF posted:

The other thing I'm getting from this page is Jack still going on about Zimmy as the primary threat, rather than the insane robots using her. Boy's got blinders.

In theory the robots demands wouldn't hurt anyone, but Zimmy's reality altering abilities could. I can see your point though as a, "Zimmy's reality altering powers don't kill people, robots desiring to be made flesh kill people," sorta thing.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I bet Annie is going to pick...

her father.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

My immediate thought was Eglamore but I love the Coyote idea so much more.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jack status: Somewhat less douchy, still in desperate need of a shave.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I thought about Kat's mom, since she knows her way around both conventional and etheric tech and would probably be able to come up with something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Let's call Jones!"

Jones spends the next few days walking along the bottom of the sea then just shrugging and turning around when she gets there.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

SynthOrange posted:

"Let's call Jones!"

Jones spends the next few days walking along the bottom of the sea then just shrugging and turning around when she gets there.
Oh, she'd get there.

Problem is, Jones would probably think it's worth investigating what will happen if the robots continue with their plan. Is that a problem? I dunno. Maybe Jones thinks spiders are cool.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Jones is not really what I'd call a "magic user", guys. She is out of the Ether completely.
My guess is that this will be something like the rocket Annie and Kat'S Dad sent to space. Not really a normal Gyrocopter.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Calling Might Eyebrows Boy might be a bad idea. If his power decides it needs to help the robots...

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Guys guys guys.

Clearly the best way to stop the fleshbots...

...is with a murderghost.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Okay, apparently goth girl is not just a prettier-than-Zimmy face.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

There's only one person who would be guaranteed to get the drone on the first try.

Andrew would be the best bet to get the word out. I say send it to him. He and Parley can then save the freaking day. It will be amazing.

Although Coyote would be a good bet too.

Jones would be very handy, but she isn't a magic user, really, so I doubt she'd be able to get the message.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Next page, Annie says "I guess Coyote would be the most powerful, but I'm not sure that's a good idea", then it turns out the spell was already primed to use the first name she says. Because, you know, they're in a hurry.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What's Lindsey even doing right now?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Genetic Toaster posted:

My immediate thought was Eglamore but I love the Coyote idea so much more.

Elgamore and Anja are the most likely/sensible choices. Coyote technically fits the bill the best, but Annie's not foolish enough to call him in, so if that's what happens it'd have to be an accident like someone speculated.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Huh, instead of Anja my first thought was Bud. I mean last time Annie picked up that he had a very large etheric presence and this whole thing is ostensibly over his wife. Though I just want more Bud, so maybe it's wishful thinking.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
You guys have neglected the obvious choice. The only non-Forest character besides Anja and Annie we've actually seen interacting with the ether on their own. A character we've already heard described as an "extremely powerful psychic." A character with a vested interest in what's going on right now.

Bud!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKT0-m8Oe0

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I guess the drone might be strong enough to carry a bucket back.

Also doesn't Annie still have the instant Eglamore summon device? (I mean I guess she got a replacement after using the last one)

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, I guess the drone might be strong enough to carry a bucket back.

Also doesn't Annie still have the instant Eglamore summon device? (I mean I guess she got a replacement after using the last one)

i thought she was only carrying that into the forest, and now that she's the official medium maybe not even then.

i'm not sure that bud would be the best choice, the robots will just slap a sticker on him and that'll be that. besides, what's a psychic gonna do against a robot?

oof, especially if the shipbot is pining for lindsey then bud would most likely be a horrible choice, he'd show up and shipbot would have one of the drones eliminate the competition by dumping him in a pot of boiling water.

amishjosh fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 10, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Eglamore and Jones are two people Annie almost definitely won't send the Blinker stone to. It's better and more accurate if she sends it to a magic user and Jones is more or less the opposite of a magic user, a seemingly entirely physical being with no apparent presence in the Ether. Eglamore doesn't know magical stuff in general, just "a few tricks".

She'd have to find someone else.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Reynardine, perhaps?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Zero Star posted:

Reynardine, perhaps?
Your one trump card and you send it to a being that has as many preparations and defenses against it as any other in the Court? Defenses the robots probably know how to use? I mean, hell, Jack was able to disable Rey for a time, you don't think the robots can?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zero Star posted:

Reynardine, perhaps?

It'd make the fact that none of the networked robots have eyes significant.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What do you mean the network doesn't have eyes *Rey jumps into the lens of the nearest security camera*

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yes let's murder the boat lmao

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, i don't think that's an actual story-appropriate option i'm just being a pedant :v:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Also robots have a very different approach to mortality. I think Reynardine possessing one can be fixed by turning it off and on again.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Anja makes most sense, Bud is appropriate as mentioned above, Coyote/Smitty/Jones would all be hilarious for various reasons but clearly the best idea is:

Edward_Tohr posted:

Guys guys guys.

Clearly the best way to stop the fleshbots...

...is with a murderghost.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
As far as what's been mentioned so far, Anja seems by far the most logical choice. Natural and technology-refined magical talent. Oh, and just by the way, she's the mother of one of the children currently trapped on board. Not to mention, quick access to lots of Court resources/personnel.

Our heroes of the day will be the combined forces of Paz/Anja/Lindsey and a lot of other team-work. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of etheric craziness before that happens though, to let Tom go crazy on the art if nothing else.

Edit: Earlier in the thread someone used the term "flesh-ship". Since I've been on SA for longer than I want to think about, that just conjured up this internet-ancient image in my mind:

Ah yes, the good ol' assboat.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Sep 10, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Anja is a powerful mage who designed a lot of the countermeasures the robots are using. She is the mother of Kat, the person the robots are obsessing over. She is a teacher at the Court. She makes logical sense, and thematic sense as it will force the Court to look into this weird robot cult that has been developing around her daughter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
How much of Anja's magic is tied up in her "computer", though? I think a lot of the stuff related to her is only usable in the Court, because that's where the computer is and what it can affect. She might be markedly less useful elsewhere.

Then again my memory might be putting too much importance on the computer and she can do tons of awesome stuff even without it. I don't remember, really.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

She was on the same "weird" level as a fire elemental, so safe to say that she's got something going for her more than the computer.

mjau
Aug 8, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Then again my memory might be putting too much importance on the computer and she can do tons of awesome stuff even without it.

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=553

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I think the computer is what helps her anti-Reynardine measures happen without her actively doing anything. Thus Eglamore couldn't be possessed (he's tattooed with an uplink to it).

Anja is really the only logical option. It has to be a magic user, of which there are few in the story. Jenny and Zimmy are both well aware of the situation. Anja has a personal stake in the matter. None of the others are even human.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow so Boxbot has some hidden talents. Who'd have guessed?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Ha, Jack's totally dating Coyote.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cool people give winks as answers to questions, I like Zemmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

amishjosh posted:

i thought she was only carrying that into the forest, and now that she's the official medium maybe not even then.

i'm not sure that bud would be the best choice, the robots will just slap a sticker on him and that'll be that. besides, what's a psychic gonna do against a robot?

oof, especially if the shipbot is pining for lindsey then bud would most likely be a horrible choice, he'd show up and shipbot would have one of the drones eliminate the competition by dumping him in a pot of boiling water.

Holy poo poo, how awesome would etheric lobster taste? Or, whatever Bud is. Boil with some Old Bay, squirt with some lemon, and dip into clarified butter.