Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Just got offered Ryan Mathews for my Pitta (drafted as a back up for Gronk).

He also has Knowshon and R Jennings but seems to be much higher on them both (i could always ask though). My RBs right now are: M Ball, J Bell, C Johnson, F Jackson, and J Hill.

Worth it? I feel the value is good for me but with Gronk's history.... and to be honest, unsure how crazy I am about Mathews in general, but since it is a TE for a RB I feel I need to consider it.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

vikingstrike posted:

He also has Knowshon and R Jennings but seems to be much higher on them both (i could always ask though). My RBs right now are: M Ball, J Bell, C Johnson, F Jackson, and J Hill.

Worth it? I feel the value is good for me but with Gronk's history....

Mash accept like a mad man. Mathews should be an instant starter for your team (RB2 or Flex, depending on how bullish you are on J Bell). Unless you have a crazy TE heavy scoring and there are no TE free to pick up.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

GaussianCopula posted:

Mash accept like a mad man. Mathews should be an instant starter for your team (RB2 or Flex, depending on how bullish you are on J Bell). Unless you have a crazy TE heavy scoring and there are no TE free to pick up.

Yeah, this was my initial reaction as well... Just wanted to make sure my calculation of (Gronk's injury risk, WTF do I do?) < (every week RB2/Flex starter who is better than everyone other than J Bell and M Ball).

Well, he dropped Jordan Reed (why he offered the trade in the first place), and Delanie Walker and Dwayne Allen are all available now, for example as TE fillers.

My lineup goes from:
Cam
D Thomas, Jordy
Ball, Bell, Johnson/Jackson/whoever
Gronk

to
Cam
D Thomas, Jordy
Ball, Bell, Mathews
Gronk

w a bench of
J Hill, F Jackson, C Johnson
J Gordon, Colston, and K Benjamin

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 10, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Reggie Died posted:

Jennings? Isn't Ivory in a time share with CJ2K? I own the latter in a different league, so was disappointed with Ivory's slightly higher point production. Probably biased though

his advice on DJax is what I was referring to

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Someone dropped Doug Martin, Im #2 on the waivers and put in a claim because jeeeeeez.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I tried to buy low on Keenan Allen, I've negotiated the deal to:

I give: T. Williams + D. Sproles
I get: Allen

I think I kinda need to do it so I can bump Larry Fitzgerald down to flex. I hate losing the handcuff, though. Here's the rest of my team for reference:

QB: Cutler
RB: McCoy, Morris, Stacy(flex), Sproles, Andre Williams
WR: Patterson, Fitzgerald, T. Williams(flex), Hunter, Watkins, Dobson, John Brown, J. Matthews
TE: Pitta

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Ian Rapoport saying that Ben Tate "could be a few weeks" with a knee sprain.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

vikingstrike posted:

Worth it? I feel the value is good for me but with Gronk's history.... and to be honest, unsure how crazy I am about Mathews in general, but since it is a TE for a RB I feel I need to consider it.

You're seriously debating trading your backup TE for a starting RB? Alright.

Forever_Peace posted:

Ian Rapoport saying that Ben Tate "could be a few weeks" with a knee sprain.

And this is why I drafted West. Everyone knew Tate would get hurt.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

commish posted:

You're seriously debating trading your backup TE for a starting RB? Alright.

When you put it this way it does a little crazy, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making too much of Gronk's injury history. Fantasy makes me doubt everything. :(

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
This one guy in my work league has so far:

- Drafted MJD with the 12th overall pick
- Dropped Larry Fitzgerald after the first week (who he drafted in the high 4th round before the likes of Andre, Vincent Jackson, and Gronk)
- Also randomly dropped Martellus Bennett and Terrence West after they each had a great first week

I look forward to seeing what he will do next

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What did I miss from the Pats game??? A really smart owner dropped Ridley. I hope #3 waiver priority is enough.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I'm looking forward to week 4 when apparently half my team will be on bye.

My roster:

QB- Matt Ryan
RB- Montee Ball
RB- LeVeon Bell
WR- Demaryius Thomas
WR- Andre Johnson
WR- Percy Harvin
FLEX- Andre Ellington
TE- Zach Ertz
-----------------------
B- Joique Bell
B- Steven Ridley
B- Wes Welker
B- Josh Gordon
B- Colin Kaepernick
B- Michael Crabtree

On week 4 I will have Demaryius Thomas, Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Percy Harvin, Wes Welker, and Josh Gordon on BYE.

That will leave me with Steven Ridley in the FLEX, Crabtree as my WR2, and a waiver wire pickup as my WR3. I'm also playing the favorite to win the league that week.

What the hell should I do? Try to a 2 for 1 trade to free up some roster space? Play without a WR3? Try to swing a trade? This sucks :(

Bradshaw is available. Drop Ridley for him?

Spoeank posted:

What did I miss from the Pats game??? A really smart owner dropped Ridley. I hope #3 waiver priority is enough.

Ridley was barely used. I am probably going to drop him this week, although I have a very strong RB corps.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 10, 2014

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
:lol: Crowell and Rainey went through waivers. I only want to pick up one.

This is a keeper league so one of them can be kept for a 12th.

The add is drop Dwyer, add Crowell right?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Vereen looked awesome, which maybe bumps Ridley down a bit, but Ridley is still the guy for the running game and had some good attempts. Bolden didn't get much volume, and White was a scratch. I think the main thing dragging down his points last week was the Dolphins pressure at the line. I'd still start Ridley at flex.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Ben Tate confirmed out for a few weeks

quote:

Ian Rapoport of NFL.com is reporting that Tate will likely miss a few weeks: “#Browns starting RB Ben Tate will likely miss a few weeks with a knee sprain, source says. At this point, no surgery required.”

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

Terrence West and Isaiah Crowell are next in line

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

:lol: Crowell and Rainey went through waivers. I only want to pick up one.

This is a keeper league so one of them can be kept for a 12th.

The add is drop Dwyer, add Crowell right?

I think Crowell is the better long term add, but both sound great to me. I was a bit hesitant on Rainey, but this morning I saw that Jene Bramel (the doctor guy for footballguys) said that Doug Martin's sideline exam "looked like an eval for a bruise". That's the best evidence I've heard so far that Martin was benched because he sucked (I'm always skeptical of coach speak and didn't really buy Lovie's Rainey praise at face value).

Either is better than Dwyer.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

TUS posted:

Someone dropped Doug Martin, Im #2 on the waivers and put in a claim because jeeeeeez.

Same happened here. Worth dropping Hill or J.Bell for? 1PPR. Crowell is available too. gently caress.

icehewk fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Sep 10, 2014

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Forever_Peace posted:

I think Crowell is the better long term add, but both sound great to me. I was a bit hesitant on Rainey, but this morning I saw that Jene Bramel (the doctor guy for footballguys) said that Doug Martin's sideline exam "looked like an eval for a bruise". That's the best evidence I've heard so far that Martin was benched because he sucked (I'm always skeptical of coach speak and didn't really buy Lovie's Rainey praise at face value).

Either is better than Dwyer.

Annnd they just got scooped up. Oh well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Forever_Peace posted:

Vereen looked awesome, which maybe bumps Ridley down a bit, but Ridley is still the guy for the running game and had some good attempts. Bolden didn't get much volume, and White was a scratch. I think the main thing dragging down his points last week was the Dolphins pressure at the line. I'd still start Ridley at flex.

Thanks. I'll dump Brad Jones for him and make my entire 8-man bench RBs and Justin Hunter :getin:

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

So after doing the Marshawn Lynch for AJ Green trade, I feel like I'm pretty heavy on RBs. I THINK I'm ok at WR but I'm not used to flying without a top-tier WR at all times. I've got Montee Ball, Alfred Morris, Beast Mode, Knowshawn Moreno AND Ryan Matthews chilling on my team, but only Alshon Jeffery, Larry Fitzgerald, and Michael Floyd (and an autodrafted Riley Cooper who I'm about to drop for some week-one-hyped free agent).

I feel like some of that RB talent is just gonna rot on my bench. Thinking of trading away Morris and/or Matthews, but not sure what to expect in return.

Also, would Kelvin Benjamin qualify for a worthwhile week-one-hype bench add?

Lock fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 10, 2014

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Benjamin shouldn't be a free agent.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
With Jordan Reed hurt I replaced him with Heath Miller, but someone dropped Kelce during waivers so I can grab him waiver-free. Am I better off holding onto Reed in case he bounces back or should I go with my gut and grab Kelce since Miller is serviceable?

Rest of Team:

QB: Stafford
RB: Lacy, Ellington
WR: J Jones, Brandin Cooks
Flex: Joique Bell
TE: Heath Miller

Bench:
- J Reed
- Knowshon
- Brandin Cooks
- Dunbar
- Crowell
- Quick
-Edelman

Evi|Sycho fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 10, 2014

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

RCarr posted:

Benjamin shouldn't be a free agent.

Yeah, I misread, he's definitely not any more, assuming he was when I checked earlier.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I kinda hate not being able to add free agents because of my bench being so strong. It's a good problem to have, but I feel like I am missing out, hah.

Right now my bench is Jennings, Woodhead, Newton, Hunter, West, Benjamin and Gordon.

Quick, Crowell, Hurns (even though I'm not sure I buy into the hype on him) are out there for the picking. Quick intrigues me, although he kind of is in the Hurns category for me and do I really want to have 2 Browns RBs on my team with West AND Crowell?

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown
Time for our hourly "the opposite of whatever was last reported" Josh Gordon news

quote:

Supposedly, the 32 reps decided that the policy needed to be revised before voting on it, but ESPN's Ed Werder reported that a vote could come as soon as Wednesday, and suspended players expecting reinstatement believe playing soon is possible. In Gordon's case, his ban could be overturned altogether, because under the new agreement, he wouldn't have tested positive for marijuana. Those who own Gordon will want to monitor his status closely Wednesday, as a vote could be imminent.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

roll with the Patriots D still against the Vikings.. or pick up the Bucs D vs Rams? Bucs for sure, right?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Varg posted:

roll with the Patriots D still against the Vikings.. or pick up the Bucs D vs Rams? Bucs for sure, right?

As owners of both, both were very underwhelming on Sunday. I actually dropped Pats DST in one of my leagues in favor of Tennessee who is going up against Romo and Dallas. Out of your two selections, I would go Bucs.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Faltese Malkin posted:

Time for our hourly "the opposite of whatever was last reported" Josh Gordon news

Isn't that what has been reported all along?

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Faltese Malkin posted:

I'm just going to ignore any news and wait for the SSPD status to vanish.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I own Doug Martin and Rainey hasn't been picked up yet. Worth dropping DeAngelo Williams or should I stand pat? Martin is just my flex at the moment, my RB1 and 2 are DeMarco Murray and Arian Foster.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Someone just dropped Doug Martin but I have a teeny tiny bench. Current RBs are Ellington/R. Bush/J. Hill/Sproles/Terrance West, should I dump someone to snag him up?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

Someone just dropped Doug Martin but I have a teeny tiny bench. Current RBs are Ellington/R. Bush/J. Hill/Sproles/Terrance West, should I dump someone to snag him up?
Hill, surely? Even if you believe in the talent, his upside is flex starter, which is probably Martin's downside.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Does anyone have any hot TE pickups? I am not feeling so great about Charles Clay. There's guys like Jared Cook and Ladarius Green on waivers, but no one else that I've really heard of.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Managed to land both Wheaton and Bradshaw this week (dropping Dwyer and John Brown). Little disappointed about losing Brown, but Wheaton should be an upgrade.

Isaiah Crowell is available, but I don't really have anyone to drop for him!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Butter Hole posted:

Does anyone have any hot TE pickups? I am not feeling so great about Charles Clay. There's guys like Jared Cook and Ladarius Green on waivers, but no one else that I've really heard of.

Take that fella on the Giants. Can't remember the name and too lazy to look him up. Eli sucks so lots of check downs and short routes this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Troll Bridgington posted:

I'm just going to ignore any news and wait for the SSPD status to vanish.

Yeah, at this point it basically changes directions on Twitter every 12 hours. An hour or two ago there was some chatter about Gordon not falling within the 2014 season punishment window that would allow him to be reinstated.

I'm hanging onto him in all of my leagues until there's definitive news one way or the other, but half-thinking about trading him away in the case that it does turn out to not pan out.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Ridley will be maddening this year and that owner does not want to be maddened.

Did he pick anybody up to replace him or was it a straight-up drop?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Butter Hole posted:

What do you need the TE for?

Assuming that the top 15 + all the hyped sleepers are gone:
If you need a Cameron sub or a bye-week TE2, I like Gates, Heath Miller, Clay, and Dwayne Allen (in that order).
If you want to stash a TE flyer for TE premium leagues, I like Green, ASF, Cook, Wright, Fiedorowicz (in that order).

I would rather have RB and WR lotto tickets in non-TE-premium.

edit: Might as well take this opportunity to point dynasty folks towards CJ Fiedorowicz. I think he has oodles of potential (and I already nabbed him in one of the SA dynasty leagues so I don't mind sharing my thoughts about him here).

Main strengths:
1) He's huge (6'5, 265 lbs, 10-inch hands) and extremely athletic. At the combine this year, he was the top TE in both 3-cone drill and shuttle, and reports out of camp this year have drawn a lot of Gronk comparisons.

2) His coaches have been gushing about him. They think he's a complete package - he's a solid blocker, has good hands, can run routes well, and can get good separation. They also think he's smart:

quote:

O’Brien, tight ends coach John Perry and offensive line coach Paul Dunn traveled to Iowa City for Fiedorowicz’s pro day in May. They wanted to see him work, test his football IQ and find out what kind of person he is. They left 100 percent sold.

“You could tell he was a team guy,” O’Brien said. “I think anybody who plays for Kirk Ferentz has to be a team guy, (because) he runs that type of program. In the meeting room when we watched film with him, he could explain what they were doing at Iowa. We saw a guy who got better and better as the year went on.”

3) He had a great scouting report and was drafted highly (3rd round, 65th overall). Here's the nfl.com profile going into the draft:

quote:

Has outstanding size and big hands. Has size to widen the hole or seal defensive ends. Good balance and body control for his size. Surprising lower-body flexibility to sink his hips to run sharp-angle routes. Has stature and enough speed to threaten the seam. Understands how to use his frame and physicality to create subtle separation. Makes athletic hands catches off his frame. Sizable catch radius. Shows toughness and concentration in traffic. Lowers his shoulder to deliver a blow after the catch. Can line up in-line or split out. Smart and durable.

4) The new coach, Bill O'Brien, is likely to build his offense around TEs. He was part of the Pats org during the 2-TE rampage, and developed an offense at Penn with a similar emphasis on TE sets (including 2-TE passing downs and TE-blocker power run game). CJ currently might look buried behind Graham and Griffin, but he's a (bigger) better blocker than both, and was drafted specifically to suite O-Brien's long-term plans.

He's worth a stash.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 10, 2014

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Shath Hole posted:

As owners of both, both were very underwhelming on Sunday. I actually dropped Pats DST in one of my leagues in favor of Tennessee who is going up against Romo and Dallas. Out of your two selections, I would go Bucs.

I'm rolling with Titans vs DAL (2) as well, and Texans @ OAK(1). Although DAL is considerably weaponized on offense, I am hoping that playing a good defense at home will continue Romo's shitshow streak. Speaking of which, he was dropped in one of my leagues but I can't see dropping one of these for him: Ellington, Rashad Jennings, MJD, Colston, Kendall Wright, FJax, or Potboy.

Well, I guess I can see dropping MJD or Wright but I don't have a need for backup QB and MJD may provide value for someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm rolling with Titans vs DAL (2) as well, and Texans @ OAK(1). Although DAL is considerably weaponized on offense, I am hoping that playing a good defense at home will continue Romo's shitshow streak. Speaking of which, he was dropped in one of my leagues but I can't see dropping one of these for him: Ellington, Rashad Jennings, MJD, Colston, Kendall Wright, FJax, or Potboy.

Well, I guess I can see dropping MJD or Wright but I don't have a need for backup QB and MJD may provide value for someone else.

Houston should be a good call this week, I almost picked them up as well. DAL is loaded on offense, but they kinda looked like garbage in week 1 at home. Here's to hoping, buddy!

If you have no need for a backup QB, I wouldn't drop any of those guys, but if you were going to do it Wright would get my vote.

• Locked thread