Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I thought the Hawkeye vs Deadpool book was really fun. Can't wait to read the rest. As far as I'm concerned Duggan can write Deadpool forever and I'll be fine with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Deadpool vs. X-Force was a pretty fun mini too. I'd kinda like to read a fun X-Force book again. I liked seeing that team back together.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I haven't read #4 of DvXF yet, but I imagine that it will be a miniseries I forget about entirely in about a year. DvH however started out pretty perfect. I love that it's up-to-date with the small things from both series. Deadpool being a father and Hawkeye being deaf and hell, it was enough for me to say he owns a building even. "Hawkguy" was just the cherry on the top.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gotta agree, Dadpool Vs Hawkguy was pretty sweet and fun.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Duggan should write Hawkeye too. That was a fun issue.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Deadpool banging on Aja inspired panelling was probably my favorite part.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

You know things are hosed up when even Sabretooth feels sorry for you. :drat:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yea the whole piss take on Aja was spot on, I love Aja but sometimes it can be a bit much. I loved him just completely confused and like " Is the dog solving the crime?"

Also the fact he apparently knows sign language.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Yea the whole piss take on Aja was spot on, I love Aja but sometimes it can be a bit much. I loved him just completely confused and like " Is the dog solving the crime?"

Also the fact he apparently knows sign language.

He's had hearing problems before.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's had hearing problems before.

What?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gavok posted:

You know things are hosed up when even Sabretooth feels sorry for you. :drat:

When I saw the first page with Sabretooth I laughed heartily at his ridiculous '90s hair. That was glorious.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume there's been a new wrinkle added that Sabretooth is actually feeling bad for Wade (I'm a trade waiter)?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

I assume there's been a new wrinkle added that Sabretooth is actually feeling bad for Wade (I'm a trade waiter)?

Sabretooth was always the part of Weapon X that did the dirty work overtly and without need for memory wipes/conditioning because he was raised by a psychotic family and *likes* sowing mayhem and causing chaos (kind of the same M.O. as Carnage, only without the symbiote). He doesn't hate Wade (as much) as he hates Logan/James/whatever his name is now, and I think that 'look' was a combination of feeling sorry for Wade and also wondering why he did what he did seeing as, by all indications, he had a good and balanced upbringing. It was also pretty obvious that Wade *knew* who he was killing, so there's a chance that that 'look' was the same one Coulson gave Wade after he single-handedly destroyed the hijacked helicarrier.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 11, 2014

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Didn't Sabertooth kill Deadpool's ex? Shouldn't they hate each other more? I have not read anything about the two recently.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

Didn't Sabertooth kill Deadpool's ex? Shouldn't they hate each other more? I have not read anything about the two recently.

Yup, but 'Pool may have gotten it out of his system by way of a lot of Creed-killing on Cable's island, back at the end of the Hecatomb arc. (Late run Cable & Deadpool, just before Cable dies (again).)

That, or it was kinda-sorta forgotten in the march to the current Wade.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Soylentbits posted:

This was a flashback issue set in the Marvel '90s. Starring Sabretooth's Hair, Deadpool, and Alpha Flight's amazing overly expository introduction. Listed in order of importance of course.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 11, 2014

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

There were also no feet anywhere in the issue.

But drat, Duggan knows how to just shove in gut punches even in issues that contain hilarious things like that which aren't serious at all.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I never would have believed that Deadpool could convey pathos until Duggan&Posehn came along. This is literally an entire run of the Prez issue of Sandman.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 11, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

wiegieman posted:

I never would have believed that Deadpool could convey pathos until Duggan&Posehn came along.

Then you should probably read Joe Kelly's Deadpool run and Nicieza's Cable/Deadpool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah Duggan's great but Kelly still did it first and best.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

But drat, Duggan knows how to just shove in gut punches even in issues that contain hilarious things like that which aren't serious at all.

Also, Deadpool's guns changed appearance every panel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Codependent Poster posted:

The moment after the flashback ends and we return to the present, the very first panel is a close-up of Agent Adsit's feet. I laughed.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Sabretooth's hair is AMAZING. He needs that now. Always. Forever.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Bi-Annual was a quality comic.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

kdrudy posted:

The Bi-Annual was a quality comic.

I haven't picked it up yet, but I'm glad to hear it. I like Scheer.

Also, something interesting I was told at my local comic shop. Marvel is phasing out all the "Cable & Deadpool" trades and have replaced them with "Deadpool & Cable" instead. The nice thing about it is that each D&C book is comprised of three of the C&D books. Makes it cheaper to collect the whole run. I picked up the first one based on the recommendations here and I've been enjoying it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

My editor at Den of Geek was all "Hey, you've read pretty much every Deadpool comic. Do an essential reading guide article so I can pay you and I can go to town on Marvel Unlimited."

So here's the Ultimate Deadpool Reading Guide.

It's a public service because more people need to read that Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu story by Hickman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That entire comic is 100% gold.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

My editor at Den of Geek was all "Hey, you've read pretty much every Deadpool comic. Do an essential reading guide article so I can pay you and I can go to town on Marvel Unlimited."

So here's the Ultimate Deadpool Reading Guide.

It's a public service because more people need to read that Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu story by Hickman.

This is incredible, thank you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deadpool Bi-Annual was great. Also Gavok you left out the recent Deadpool annuals. The one with Madcap was fantastic, I didn't care much for the other one even though it seems I was very much in the minority on that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deadpool posted:

Deadpool Bi-Annual was great. Also Gavok you left out the recent Deadpool annuals. The one with Madcap was fantastic, I didn't care much for the other one even though it seems I was very much in the minority on that.

I believe it was Mark Waid who once said that the key to writing comic books was giving people what they wanted, without them realizing that's what they wanted.

The Madcap thing is a good illustration of that, because to me it was the best possible explanation of the white boxes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So that Bi-Annual issue...

That was quite a climax. :stare:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I haven't read it yet, but did they seriously revive that superhero animal team that Linkara talked about a while back?

That is crazy.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Speedball posted:

I haven't read it yet, but did they seriously revive that superhero animal team that Linkara talked about a while back?

That is crazy.

"Seriously" in that it was actually published? Yes.

"Seriously" in that they took the concept seriously? Oh, Hell no.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well, this isn't great news....[POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT]

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2014/09/rumor-death-of-deadpool-in-march-2015.html

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That wouldn't happen to be a parody of the whole "DEATH OF" phenomenon?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

This looks amazing

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This is the best possible follow-up to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly possible.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

So that Bi-Annual issue...

That was quite a climax. :stare:

I finally picked up the Bi-Annual this past weekend and I hope you chose that word on purpose. Holy poo poo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After reading the first issue of Art of War I have to say that Deadpool and Peter David are two things I like that do not work well together. That issue sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

After reading the first issue of Art of War I have to say that Deadpool and Peter David are two things I like that do not work well together. That issue sucked.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

• Locked thread