Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

darealkooky posted:

so why doesn't lucina have the 'hit with the base of the sword to hit harder' gimmick roy has?

Because she learned how to use a sword properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Excels posted:

Diddy Kong is already pretty much Donkey Kong Jr. though??

DK himself is DK Jr., Cranky was DK Sr., it's hella confusing

You're thinking of Baby Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong Jr is his son, and the other 7 Kongs are Donkey Kong's Konglings

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I hate all of you so much for making me want this game on a handheld as well.
Gonna end up preordering it from Gamestop whenvi get home, I guess.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

darealkooky posted:

so why doesn't lucina have the 'hit with the base of the sword to hit harder' gimmick roy has?

Because she's competent and Roy is the worst FE Lord ever.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Because that gimmick was awful and defeats the entire purpose of a sword character.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

darealkooky posted:

because Lucina is way cooler than Roy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Chibs posted:

it's obv dreamy luigi from M+L3 GOSH

My dream character has always been Mario and Luigi teamed up together like in the RPGs. All the bros moves would be so cool and Smash. Alas, it will never be!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Suspicious Cook posted:

Because she learned how to use a sword properly.

it just seems like a really obvious way to differentiate them, whereas lucina simply NOT having a sword gimmick means that either her or marth are going to end up in the dumpster and never get used (probably marth because he's lame and lucina has a sick mask) unless they do something goofy like marth does way more damage

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

darealkooky posted:

it just seems like a really obvious way to differentiate them, whereas lucina simply NOT having a sword gimmick means that either her or marth are going to end up in the dumpster and never get used (probably marth because he's lame and lucina has a sick mask) unless they do something goofy like marth does way more damage

Lucina getting used and Marth getting dumped doesn't sound like a problem to me. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

darealkooky posted:

Lucina apparently plays more like Melee and Brawl Marth where Marth has become his own (possibly bad?) thing.

v Marth is a lot slower now than he has ever been before, apparently he got nerfed.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
It's probably a safe bet that Lucina's whole sword doesn't do as much damage as Marth's tips. Her whole idea seems to be beginner Marth so that you can get used to the moveset (you know the one that's been in three Smash games so far) and then graduate to tipping.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I really hope Dr. Mario, Luigi, and Wario also get a Stars and Stripes outfit.

Really, everyone should have one. :911:

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
gonna main robin and lucina because fire emblem owns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

It's probably a safe bet that Lucina's whole sword doesn't do as much damage as Marth's tips. Her whole idea seems to be beginner Marth so that you can get used to the moveset (you know the one that's been in three Smash games so far) and then graduate to tipping.

Well, the problem with that is, Lucina is cooler than Marth.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

So many stars-and-stripes costumes and yet no Union Jack boxers Little Mac :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

mabels big day posted:

Lucina is literally a Marth cosplayer but is somehow more interesting than Marth is.

Marth is pretty boring.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Internet Kraken posted:

My dream character has always been Mario and Luigi teamed up together like in the RPGs. All the bros moves would be so cool and Smash. Alas, it will never be!

It makes so much sense thinking on it, give em' a ice climbers like style (rip), normals are all mario and specials are all luigi- just like the games :v:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It makes so much sense thinking on it, give em' a ice climbers like style (rip), normals are all mario and specials are all luigi- just like the games :v:

You can call the slot "Smash Brothers".

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I am severely disappointed by the lack of a Box-Art Mega Man alt skin/colors.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can someone make a Project M hack to implement this please? :allears:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

mabels big day posted:

Well yeah. I didn't say that's how it's necessarily gonna play out.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think that leak is real, but at the same time, I thought the real leak was fake, so what do I know

Icy Penguigo
Nov 7, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I keep hearing people refer to him as the best smash player ever but he seems to get owned a lot in tourneys so I have no idea where he stands in the fabled smash bros chain.

All I know is dude whines like a newborn baby, he's the only person I've seen be even slightly negative.

Nobody who knows what they're talking about would say that. Mango is the undisputed best smash player, and M2K probably comes in around 4th these days (behind Hungrybox and Armada.)

If you're streaming demos from M2K, Zero, and random other people you should probably either turn the volume off or expect to hear the nerdiest people ever speculating wildly about smash. Zero is extremely positive and I still can't really listen to him.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

sharrrk posted:

I don't think that leak is real, but at the same time, I thought the real leak was fake, so what do I know
The lack of a Conductor alt for Toon Link has been bothering me, since he has it in the background of Spirit Tracks, so I kinda want the leak to be real. Guess we'll see in two hours.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

forbidden lesbian posted:

you right, i just auto associate anna with the red hair

but yeah it owns.
Robin's red female alt seems like it's the same color scheme as Anna. Hard to tell though. It would make sense in context.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: Mario's cape doesn't turn you around :siren:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

maketakunai posted:

The lack of a Conductor alt for Toon Link has been bothering me, since he has it in the background of Spirit Tracks, so I kinda want the leak to be real. Guess we'll see in two hours.

I could be wrong but I think I remember the Spirit Tracks Link model being much lower quality than Toon Link's playable model, so that would be why

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

bef posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Icy Penguigo posted:

Nobody who knows what they're talking about would say that. Mango is the undisputed best smash player, and M2K probably comes in around 4th these days (behind Hungrybox and Armada.)

If you're streaming demos from M2K, Zero, and random other people you should probably either turn the volume off or expect to hear the nerdiest people ever speculating wildly about smash. Zero is extremely positive and I still can't really listen to him.

Right now Mango's the best at Melee, but M2K is the best across all Smash Bros games.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
the weird thing about "leaks" is that it seems so many of them include Impa but like was Impa really that popular before hyrule warriors? and hyrule warriors seems too soon for that version of Impa to be in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Impa had a big role in Skyward Sword.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bef posted:

What? I watched a video on Mario that walked through everything and he was clearly flipping the sandbag around.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

maketakunai posted:

sharrrk posted:

I could be wrong but I think I remember the Spirit Tracks Link model being much lower quality than Toon Link's playable model, so that would be why

Looked it up and I was right. That's why he doesn't have it, it looks like rear end.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bef posted:

whaaaaa

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

Impa had a big role in Skyward Sword.

That's true.

Honestly I'd be ok with Impa being in because she's cool she just seems like a weird character for "leaks" to always have.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Emolga? Hell no. If we're having any electric rodent its the 2014 Pokemon world champ Pachirisu.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WadeBartender posted:

That's true.

Honestly I'd be ok with Impa being in because she's cool she just seems like a weird character for "leaks" to always have.
I think part of it is the Ridley thing of 'we want another Zelda character and Ghirahim is deconfirmed.'

I mean, besides Impa, who could it be? No one cares about Vaati.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mario's cape still flips people?

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

SilverSupernova posted:

I am severely disappointed by the lack of a Box-Art Mega Man alt skin/colors.

Tell me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Endorph posted:

I think part of it is the Ridley thing of 'we want another Zelda character and Ghirahim is deconfirmed.'

I mean, besides Impa, who could it be? No one cares about Vaati.

• Locked thread