Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Endorph posted:

I think part of it is the Ridley thing of 'we want another Zelda character and Ghirahim is deconfirmed.'

I mean, besides Impa, who could it be? No one cares about Vaati.

Epona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Endorph posted:

I mean, besides Impa, who could it be? No one cares about Vaati.
Skull Kid is out, so if it's not Groose, it clearly has to be Epona. :colbert:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

People want Impa but I cannot think of how'd she'd play. The playstyle I come up with her in my mind is...Sheik.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!

Endorph posted:

Impa had a big role in Skyward Sword.

Impa was the coolest character in the game. If nothing else, I hope she gets a SS DLC alt in Hyrule Warriors; getting into Smash probably isn't in the cards. :(

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

Volt Catfish posted:

People want Impa but I cannot think of how'd she'd play. The playstyle I come up with her in my mind is...Sheik.

I'd... take her as a Sheik clone. Sure, why not?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Volt Catfish posted:

Check out Hyrule Warriors.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Me0zP9vuvg&t=27s

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

bef posted:

:siren: Mario's cape doesn't turn you around :siren:

A friend of mine who works for IGN says he accidentally Falcon Punched Villager and also Mario who was behind him, and it took him about 5 times rewatching the footage to figure out that Mario used the cape to turn him around mid-punch. In short, you're mistaken.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

IGN employees aren't human and their words shouldn't be counted for anything, sorry.

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I have the jp demo and I've been turned around by Mario's cape so I don't know what you're saying.
I'll confirm it when I get back home, if y'all really want.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

WadeBartender posted:

the weird thing about "leaks" is that it seems so many of them include Impa but like was Impa really that popular before hyrule warriors? and hyrule warriors seems too soon for that version of Impa to be in.

Impa is the fourth and final member of the "constantly reincarnating" group. She's just the only one unfortunate enough to not get a Triforce piece (or the only one badass enough to not need one, if you want to look at it that way).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Impa is the fourth and final member of the "constantly reincarnating" group.
Tingle. :colbert:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I...I have been trolled.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Tingle is actually immortal, his belief that he is a fairy sustains him and keeps him youthful

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Impa is the fourth and final member of the "constantly reincarnating" group. She's just the only one unfortunate enough to not get a Triforce piece (or the only one badass enough to not need one, if you want to look at it that way).

Beetle seems to be getting around alot lately.

But yeah thinking about it Impa probably makes sense as a 6th Zelda rep

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

bef posted:

I...I have been trolled.

If it makes you feel better I realized this entire thread must have me on ignore as I posted a video demonstrating the cape turning things around (and it's even pointed out)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If it makes you feel better I realized this entire thread must have me on ignore as I posted a video demonstrating the cape turning things around (and it's even pointed out)

I noticed, ThisIsACoolGuy. You are a cool guy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does anyone even bother using ignore in this thread lol

Aside from that one guy but I think at this point he'd be posting to himself in this thread

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So the only way to get the demo is if you have a Japanese 3DS, right? Or is there some kind of magic you can do to associate your account with Japan's eShop? (eg. making a different Apple account to get apps from other region's iStore or whatever)

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Beedle. :smugbert:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mabels big day posted:

Aside from that one guy but I think at this point he'd be posting to himself in this thread

He ignored himself and stopped existing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

He ignored himself and stopped existing.
Isn't that what happens to Darth Sion in Kotor2

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

BambooEarpick posted:

So the only way to get the demo is if you have a Japanese 3DS, right? Or is there some kind of magic you can do to associate your account with Japan's eShop? (eg. making a different Apple account to get apps from other region's iStore or whatever)

The eShop system basically exists to make sure there is no magic you can do. You must own a Japanese 3DS. :911:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

Nah, came back to edit the post because I'm being a big dumb baby about wanting to help people. Opening myself for mocking :negative:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Now that the game's out, I wonder what the ultimate stance on Smash bros DLC will be.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Now that the game's out, I wonder what the ultimate stance on Smash bros DLC will be.

:confused: It's not though?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
maybe not for you but I got an early-release copy from wal*mart, they caught me diggin around in the back but i gave em a good sob story and im official first us player

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

:confused: It's not though?

You've been in a coma, the game has been out, people are already tired of it. You missed it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Anatharon posted:

We will be getting DLC.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Anatharon posted:

What is the future like. Who are the final five. I need to know

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

sharrrk posted:

5 duck hunt ducks

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

You've been in a coma, the game has been out, people are already tired of it. You missed it.

I can't believe the leak turned out to be fake after all :unsmigghh:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

sharrrk posted:

It's Krystal, Tingle, Adam, Daisy, and pink gold Pit.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

sharrrk posted:

imagine four ducks on the edge of a cliff

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

sharrrk posted:

Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Metal Mario, and Pink Gold Peach.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you all for your answers, but my question was directed at the time traveler.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

sharrrk posted:

Snake, Cloud, Reggie, Iwata, and The Heavy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

Thank you all for your answers, but my question was directed at the time traveler.

Don't you get it, you fool? He is you, from the future!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I remember seeing this scan a while back of some of the alternate special moves for some characters from a guide or something, but I can't find it. Does anyone have it handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Echophonic posted:

I remember seeing this scan a while back of some of the alternate special moves for some characters from a guide or something, but I can't find it. Does anyone have it handy?

http://kantopia.wordpress.com/ has all of them.

• Locked thread