Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
I mean, zaheer might have well said, "Ba Sing Se, take back your city."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ravane posted:

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

That is the dumbest achievement I have ever seen.

I've actually seen it in other games (like TF2). It is pretty dumb.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Ravane posted:

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

Actually Avatar The Burning Earth has that beat. Fun fact: It actually sold really well solely because achievement whores bought it to boost their gamerscore easily.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ryaomon posted:

Actually Avatar The Burning Earth has that beat. Fun fact: It actually sold really well solely because achievement whores bought it to boost their gamerscore easily.

I miss the blades ui.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Grump posted:

I mean, zaheer might have well said, "Ba Sing Se, take back your city."

The difference is that Zaheer is sincere about it.

I guess Ra's might be Zaheer since they're both the mysterious leaders of a secret society (or at least the only leader of the Red Lotus we've seen so far).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Ravane posted:

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

Eh Saint's Row IV had it as an achievement so why not

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Ravane posted:

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

The name is the stupid part. It should be called Kangaroo Island.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rosalind posted:

The name is the stupid part. It should be called Kangaroo Island.

You mean like a kangaroo turtle?

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Ravane posted:

Hop Hop Hoppity
Jumped 100 times.

What’s worse, the achievement that can be gotten in the course of regular gameplay that requires little to no effort, or the one that requires hundreds of hours to be squandered chasing a dragon that would give a heroin addict pause?

The point is I’ve done worse. :shepicide:

Rougey fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 10, 2014

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-legend-of-korra-uploader-special-announcement.html?xid=korranation

Oh hey, 24 days!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

"This video is unavailable in your location" Niiiiiiick. :argh:

But with what you said, 24 days is the 4th October? That soon?

I mean, I'm happy to not wait as long, but that means it'll be over sooner and shows how much they care about the show to just shove it in our faces.

If they do a double episode to start, then a double episode at the end, then Book 4 will end on the 13th December. Not that soon. :(

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Crosspeice posted:

"This video is unavailable in your location" Niiiiiiick. :argh:

But with what you said, 24 days is the 4th October? That soon?

I mean, I'm happy to not wait as long, but that means it'll be over sooner and shows how much they care about the show to just shove it in our faces.

If they do a double episode to start, then a double episode at the end, then Book 4 will end on the 13th December. Not that soon. :(

Oh gosh no. I made a mistake.

It comes out on the 3rd.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Dis is gonna be great.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
Wait, October?

Also does somebody have a for that video for people who are not meant to be watching it until February next year?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Yeah I guess Nick really is shoving Korra out as quickly as possible. They probably sent some suit to Mike and Bryan while they were on lunch and were like "Hey, we need a promo for Book 4's premiere, and we need it in 1 hour."

Still, awesome.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I hope Nick fucks up and ends up leaking all of the episodes en masse.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Genocyber posted:

I hope Nick fucks up and ends up leaking all of the episodes en masse.

If nothing else Amazon will probably keep putting them out 3ish hours early compared to nick.com

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Sweet Jesus.

I mean Nick clearly gives no shits and is just pushing it out quickly to get it over with.

But still.

Sweet Jesus that's really soon. :stare:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

BrianWilly posted:

Sweet Jesus.

I mean Nick clearly gives no shits and is just pushing it out quickly to get it over with.

But still.

Sweet Jesus that's really soon. :stare:

If this show doesn't end with a white screen and voiceover of a baby crying :argh:

EDIT: Book 4 is premiering before the video game. huh.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Holy poo poo that was fast :stare:

Have they said anything about what'll be going down this season yet?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I love the book 4 title Balance

Oh man, this is going to be so good. yeeeeeesss!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Regalingualius posted:

Have they said anything about what'll be going down this season yet?
No doubt another dude trumpeting his opinion of what Balance means, like the last three.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Jackard posted:

No doubt another dude trumpeting his opinion of what Balance means, like the last three.

Yeah, Amon had a lot of crazy ideas about Air.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well I suppose I should just be happy I don't have to wait for an arbitrary date for a completed season to air but clearly someone just doesn't give a gently caress about Legend of Korra.

Now just stick the landing, even if its only going to be the internet that sees it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Christ Jesus, Nick is just The Worst. Oh well, at least they have three weeks to build hype instead of one! :shepface:

EDIT: This has to mean production is basically over with, right? I'm honestly afraid Nick's hate-on for Korra is so intense that they're making them put out unfinished episodes and the finale will be done in colored pencil with the voice-actors providing score and sound effects.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 11, 2014

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Now just stick the landing, even if its only going to be the internet that sees it.

No-one I know has seen LoK, or any recent show for that matter, on TV. I'd be really interested to see the streaming figures for season 3, but even with it freely available on Nick.com (and Amazon Prime, yay) I'd suspect a lot of people are still torrenting it.

I'll probably buy the game that's coming out soon (it actually appears to be well made). Unless people have been buying a lot of blurays, it's the only thing Nick has to offer that comes remotely close to the demographics actually watching the show.

My main suspicion at this point is the production problems with Book 2 killed relations between the network and the creators. They fired an animation studio halfway through production and got the original studio back. That can't have been cheap.

Either that, or the online buzz is wrong and Nick loves the show and is building on a successful season 3. There's no evidence for that though :D

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
You guys are being super lame. It's good the next season is being aired sooner rather than later.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Holy gently caress. Holy gently caress.

You have to be loving kidding me. October 3rd.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ahahahahahaaha holy loving poo poo

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Spergatory posted:

Christ Jesus, Nick is just The Worst. Oh well, at least they have three weeks to build hype instead of one! :shepface:

EDIT: This has to mean production is basically over with, right? I'm honestly afraid Nick's hate-on for Korra is so intense that they're making them put out unfinished episodes and the finale will be done in colored pencil with the voice-actors providing score and sound effects.

The creators said the actual animation and sound and such were all done ages ago, they were only waiting on editing.

This is uh, still pretty short notice though.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
That soon?! That's both amazing and scary. Super pumped!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm pretty excited about this, three weeks notice be damned. Korra's rejuvenation tour is a go!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So apparently when ATLA season three was airing, there was a sudden gap in episodes that was 225 days long, give or take. In the same span of time we'll have had two entire seasons of Korra. poo poo's crazy.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

YggiDee posted:

So apparently when ATLA season three was airing, there was a sudden gap in episodes that was 225 days long, give or take. In the same span of time we'll have had two entire seasons of Korra. poo poo's crazy.

...don't jinx it, it's still within Nickelodeon's power to pull it for 225 days partway through the season for no reason. :ohdear:

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
I'm kinda impressed they managed to write, voice and animate it in that time..

Jesto
Dec 22, 2004

Balls.
Did Mike and Bryan sleep with the wife of Nick's CEO or something?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Legend of Korra Book 4: A Firebender Killed Nick's Parents

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Wow, that's sooner than even my wildest guess. It'd be great if Nick would actually promote it, but since they're clearly past caring I like being able to see it early, assuming the voice acting and animation is all up to snuff.

Soon enough Korra will be a cult hit show just like ATLA was, which is plenty good enough for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Babygravy posted:

I'm kinda impressed they managed to write, voice and animate it in that time..
Writing, storyboarding, and voice-acting for Book 4 were all finished by the start of July. They were doing pre-production for Book 4 alongside production for Book 3.

• Locked thread