Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swolegoat
Nov 4, 2011
I like the misery mod, especially the radio station in skadovsk :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
When there's an emission or a psi-storm (assuming they haven't disabled them) and the radio fucks up, that's probably one of the very few things I added to Misery that they decided to actually implement officially.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Ddraig posted:

When there's an emission or a psi-storm (assuming they haven't disabled them) and the radio fucks up, that's probably one of the very few things I added to Misery that they decided to actually implement officially.

It sounds like it turns into a number station, yeah?

That radio has some catchy as hell poo poo, especially that rasta number. Weird hearing the theme song for House though, and I'd expect to hear more Victor Tsoi and Leningrad. What songs are in your radio addon and does it work with the latest mod version?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, I used a few Number Stations from the Conet Project that were broadcast in the Ukraine area, or were believed to be associated with Russian intelligence. I can't remember if I included the Russian Woodpecker or not.

e: As for the radio mod, here it is: https://db.tt/AN6IEgXI

Can't quite remember what's in there. I definitely remember putting some Frank Zappa in. I guess I mainly made it for myself, as there's some quite terrible things in there from what I can remember :v:

Should be compatible with the latest version, just add the appropriate files to the sound_theme.script

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 11, 2014

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Surprised no one has added Short Change Hero to the radio, really fits imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

For shits and giggles I found out about the "Ya Soldat" song, with translated lyrics included below it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zITas87X-z0

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Finally managed to get to grips with some of the intricacies of Lost Alpha's weird scripting system, I think.

Added in GPS beacons to allow you to mark areas of interest. Currently working on creating a user-created stash system with backpacks (regular and GPS enabled)

The options have expanded slightly:

quote:

[td_options];Options for customizing the Tourist Delight experience.
guns_can_explode = true ;Guns will explode if not maintained.
horror_time = true ;Enables "psychic sickness"
suithud_enable = true ;Enables dynamic hud
blurs_enable = true ;Enables blurring/breathing effect on certain helmets.
breathing_sound = true ;Enables "breathing sound" when wearing helmets with mask.
blood_enable = true ;Enables blood splatter on screen during close-range kills.
bleed_enable = true ;Enables bleeding effect when bleeding heavily.
amk_style_hit = true ;Enables AMK style damage effect. Animation and possible weapon drop when heavily damaged.
shoot_enable = true ;Enables Rulix' shoot effects, recoil animations based on weapon type.
broken_nightvision = false ;Enables 'broken nightvision' effect. Possibly does not work, use at own risk.
glass_sound = true ;Enables sound of breaking glass when suit is damaged.
food_spoilage = true ;Enables food spoilage when exposed to radiation.
actor_zombification = true ;Enables the zombification of the player when psy-health is low, or exposed to an emission.
horror_time_proshow = 10 ;Amount of surges/psi-storm before horror time is forced. Is obviously useless if horror time is disabled.
sanity_effects = true ;Enables augmented reality side effects from the Black Parasite.
verbose_article = true ;Enables messages when you get a new encyclopedia/pda article.
easier_loadout = false ;Enables extra items in Sidor's drawer when you start.
digital_nightvision_always = false ;Enables permanent nightvision effect on weapons that support it. Else, only turns on at specific times.
digital_fov = 35 ;FOV that needs to be 'active' to enable Digital Nightvision. Play around to get the effect you wish.
dn_lumscale = false ;Enables the ability for Digital Nightvision to affect lumscale values. This is based around the default LA r2_sun_lumscale_amb value of 0.4 and may break your user.ltx - use at own risk!

The 'Digital Nightvision' is a proud achievement of mine. You can specify which weapons use what post-processing effect, so if you zoom in with certain weapons you get a simulated nightvision effect. This will work really well with Lost Alpha's upgrade system, I hope.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

e: Right now I've got a functioning dialog system for Zombies worked out. Basically, it's the "Can you tell me something interesting?" dialog but with 100 new responses, and you only get to see it if you're a zombie talking to another zombie. I'm not sure what to go for. I'd like it to be a bit of a joke that Zombies are surprisingly eloquent talking to each other about events in the Zone but everyone else just sees them as braindead. It's more of an easter egg thing, I guess, as chances are good you're probably not going to be talking to a huge amount of zombies, as there's a very small chance you'll actually become one yourself.

That sounds a lot like Fallout, where if you have really low intelligence, you can't talk to normal NPCs really except the "town simpleton" who has suddenly become eloquent.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Jesus that Niva in the Dark Valley before you get to Darkscape is... bad.

You turn too quick and you end up on your side, riddled with helicopter bullets. Starting to think of just hiding in the building and shooting down that chopper.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Ddraig posted:

You turn too quick and you end up on your side, riddled with helicopter bullets. Starting to think of just hiding in the building and shooting down that chopper.

There's a bloke with an RPG there, if you need one. Get used to that road!

Oh, btw, did you find any references to a Pripyat trader in the files? I really could have used one there and it's rumoured there's a secret one somewhere.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Haven't really looked at the traders yet except to add in beacons/rucksacks.

I've just remembered how difficult it is to make a mapspot for a user created stash. I know AMK/DMX doesn't include it for some good reason I forgot.. so it looks like at the moment the only stash you can create is a regular backpack, and if you want to make a tag for it you need to drop a beacon nearby.

Also not sure if it's hardcoded or not but I still can't get rid of the superfluous weapon stats for the new binoculars. Might just have to live with them.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Make all the weapon stats different for each one

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
"These binoculars have perfect stats! Can't wait to headshot fools with its perfect accuracy!"

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
How do you disable DX11 Enhanced Dynamic Lighting? Or at least what are the most heat intensive settings?
I have arsenal overhall with AO2 installed on Call of Pripyat and it's doing that thing where if I select normal Enhanced Dynamic Lighting it just crashes at startup. There's something about DX11 and STALKER that turn my GPU into a furnace. Not only that but it looks pretty much the same as Clear Sky with atmosphere and no DX11. Or at least with normal lighting enabled.

I think DX11 forces tesslation and a bunch of other stuff you just don't want in an open world AI intensive game. The problem is that if you go without enhanced dynamic lighting the game looks like a washed out piece of poo poo.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 12, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Call of Pripyat was one of the first games to use DX11 and it's implemented very badly. Don't use it. The most intensive settings are sun quality, and sun rays. Switch both to low... chances are good you won't notice the difference.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Lost Alpha is supposed to be impossible to install, right? with the missing .tlx file and then the missing UI thing once you resolve that and no fix that anybody can suggest despite numerous people reporting the same issue? That's a feature, not a bug?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

Lost Alpha is supposed to be impossible to install, right? with the missing .tlx file and then the missing UI thing once you resolve that and no fix that anybody can suggest despite numerous people reporting the same issue? That's a feature, not a bug?

Where are you having trouble? Because I remember just downloading the torrent and running the installer as if it were just any other game. No technical problems, beyond the regular bugs.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Ddraig posted:

Call of Pripyat was one of the first games to use DX11 and it's implemented very badly. Don't use it. The most intensive settings are sun quality, and sun rays. Switch both to low... chances are good you won't notice the difference.

So there's no way to simply disable DX11? Or are those two settings the DX11 ones?
I remember the hype surrounding DirectX 11 and CoP. Apparently it made the game look good, for trailers.

Holy christ though, if I could do it I would, but someone needs to at least open up another core or two for the game's use. Unless the source was only released for the first game.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 12, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There should be a few options. Full dynamic lighting (DX9), Enhanced full dynamic (DX9), Enhanced full dynamic (DX10) and Enhanced full dynamic (DX11)

DX9 and 10 are fine. DX11 isn't worth it, really.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

That's the conundrum, the setting below DX11 (DX10 Enhanced Dynamic Lighting) makes the game crash. The one below that one is Full Dynamic Lighting which is DX9. What does the DX9 version lack?

\/ So besides godrays and sunlight illumination, Wet surfaces and smoke are the only other 2 things? I don't think I could do without the volumetric smoke (makes gunplay way more satisfying). Everything else is for the birds.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 12, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Volumetric Smoke, wet surfaces and that's it, I think.

If DX10 is crashing, this sounds like a very common issue that's easily fixed by uninstalling Windows Update KB2670838

This broke DX10 for a few games, I believe. Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat is the most common

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Volumetric Smoke, wet surfaces and that's it, I think.

If DX10 is crashing, this sounds like a very common issue that's easily fixed by uninstalling Windows Update KB2670838

This broke DX10 for a few games, I believe. Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat is the most common

Whoa, was wondering what was causing this, nice.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dominic White posted:

Where are you having trouble? Because I remember just downloading the torrent and running the installer as if it were just any other game. No technical problems, beyond the regular bugs.

Every single time I click on the DL link it goes to an error page. I have bitorrent, I've downloaded LA with it before. Have no idea what the issue is.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Ddraig posted:

I was frustrated by that at first but after the fourth or fifth time I tried to get it to Darkscape I just found it hilarious. One time it rolled over during the very first turn, I was going maybe 10 kph. It was like it had a mind of its own and all it wanted to do was roll over and go to sleep. I wound up sprinting all the way to the train tunnel by running serpentine, hiding under bridges, and chugging energy drinks. After that I got a persistent crash over a dialogue file during the "steal the bandit documents" quest and I just gave up on the game and tried Autumn Aurora instead, but if the whole helicopter chase/tunnels sequence wasn't part of the mod or was handled better I'd have tried to find a fix.

Jokes on me, though, because now I'm getting a CTD in AA every time I tried to enter X16.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Dominic White posted:

It's possible I misunderstood how the 1.3003 patch says it's cumulative and thought it was a standalone download, and that they might just be using the term patch wrong. I shouldn't try to install software when half asleep.

e: OK got it installed + updated to the latest patch. Is there a graphical overhaul that goes well with this?

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 13, 2014

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Saint Sputnik posted:

It's possible I misunderstood how the 1.3003 patch says it's cumulative and thought it was a standalone download, and that they might just be using the term patch wrong. I shouldn't try to install software when half asleep.

e: OK got it installed + updated to the latest patch. Is there a graphical overhaul that goes well with this?

I think the SLAM mod does something to the graphics.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Monolith. posted:

I think the SLAM mod does something to the graphics.

That looks a hell of a lot better, cheers. But now it crashes when I try to save, both manual and quicksave. e: Crash on new game too, but I can load a save from before installing SLAM.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 13, 2014

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Saint Sputnik posted:

That looks a hell of a lot better, cheers. But now it crashes when I try to save, both manual and quicksave. e: Crash on new game too, but I can load a save from before installing SLAM.

I keep posting this, ain't nobody pay any attention: http://freetexthost.com/q134pzdcl5 . ThaOneDon has a cumulative patcher and a massive sound/model/texture overhaul.

Edit: It's also very stable, I've not seen any bugs or crashes.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Sep 13, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Serious improvements 4.2 is out? I can't remember if I've configured that one already.

Adding in a few extra weapons I think. I've already got a few stubs in that don't actually exist in game at the moment but you can play around with if you use the spawner.

It also doesn't seem like Lost Alpha fixed the issue I've always had with Darkscape, especially in RMA, where sometimes something would happen, I guess a vehicle gets 'stuck' somewhere or what have you, and it lags the gently caress out of the level and causes terrible crashes. Had it happen to me and wouldn't let me do the scripted scene in the Mines until I loaded the autosave and went through it again.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 13, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp it's finally happened

Slenderman mod for Call of Pripyat: http://ap-pro.ru/forum/36-10431-1

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You should add a Slenderman mutant to CoP Ddraig.
Something that you don't kill but just evade as it stalks(:smug:) you, teleporting you around and loving with your head in every way imaginable.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

MadBimber posted:

I keep posting this, ain't nobody pay any attention: http://freetexthost.com/q134pzdcl5 . ThaOneDon has a cumulative patcher and a massive sound/model/texture overhaul.

Edit: It's also very stable, I've not seen any bugs or crashes.

So to be clear, I
Made a clean install of SoC
Installed the base for Lost Alpha and then the latest patch, loaded the game to ensure it works
Then installed Improvements v.4.2, and that's where the game loads fine and looks good but crashes.

Do I also need both Patch 13.3 and/or 13.4?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lost Alpha is a complete standalone. You don't need Shadow of Chernobyl at all.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm continuing to work on the Clear Sky source. Without being a C++ programmer I'm still managing to do minor things.

Here's what I have done so far:

1) Actor shadows in DX9&DX10
2) Re-enabled fov and hud_fov console commands
3) Re-enabled grass shadows
4) Different reload sounds for reloading empty vs reloading full
5) Add anm_reload_empty to weapons that don't have one (full-auto weapons)
6) Animation for misfires
7) Full-auto pistol class so they display proper empty animations
8) Restored satiety (need to wait on my compiler to see if UI icon works yet)
9) Added thirst (need to wait on compiler for UI again)
10) Re-enabled g_god and g_unlimitedammo console commands

All of this will be easy to transfer to COP later (aside from satiety which already works in COP).

If you have any suggestions of things you want to see, let me know.

I could also use an actual C++ programmer for certain things. If interested please send an email to matthew.w.swartz at gmail.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

So I've always been interested in playing Stalker but I just read this thread last night and it made me really want it, so I got it and left it to download while I slept.

It's really cool, the open world FPS that I've always wanted to play. (this is just Shadow of Chernobyl so far).

But yeah, I was just messing around at the start, doing things and running around, and I saw the floppy disk icon pop up in the bottom right a few times so I figured it was autosaving. Cue me running into the little compound at the start to get that flash drive, dying and popping up right back at the start of the game which really pissed me off.

From now on I'm hitting quicksave every chance I get. But yeah, it's a really cool game so far and I can't wait to explore more. I've been avoiding reading many spoilers and stuff, but do we get an in-game explanation for the anomalies and stuff? Because they're handing me all these artifacts and I'm seeing a ton of bubbling stuff everywhere but noone's explained anything more than having to throw bolts at them to judge the size.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Check your PDA. There's an encylopedia section that gets updated with Anomaly information etc.

As for the explanation of why they are? The answer is pretty much 'the Zone'.

Also the plot of Lost Alpha has got some major, major weird stuff going on. So Sin apparently want me to do their dirty work, yet we have a member of their team that managed to walk straight into the Bar, kill a bunch of people, and was apparently bulletproof. Why don't they send that guy to the labs? I mean, he could probably singlehandedly sort out their problems once and for all.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

mynameisbatman posted:

So I've always been interested in playing Stalker but I just read this thread last night and it made me really want it, so I got it and left it to download while I slept.

It's really cool, the open world FPS that I've always wanted to play. (this is just Shadow of Chernobyl so far).

But yeah, I was just messing around at the start, doing things and running around, and I saw the floppy disk icon pop up in the bottom right a few times so I figured it was autosaving. Cue me running into the little compound at the start to get that flash drive, dying and popping up right back at the start of the game which really pissed me off.

From now on I'm hitting quicksave every chance I get. But yeah, it's a really cool game so far and I can't wait to explore more. I've been avoiding reading many spoilers and stuff, but do we get an in-game explanation for the anomalies and stuff? Because they're handing me all these artifacts and I'm seeing a ton of bubbling stuff everywhere but noone's explained anything more than having to throw bolts at them to judge the size.

I know you are trying to avoid spoilers, but I'm going to give you some absolutely vital information that will prevent you from getting a crappy ending. I was very glad to have this info when I first played. When STALKER was first released forums were full of people bitching about the crap ending they got, and other people explaining why they got that ending and what they had missed.

The game has several bad endings, and a "true ending". The difference isn't just a movie sequence, in the true ending there is an extra level at the end of the game. In order to get the true ending you need to make sure to do the "Strelock" quest. At the beginning of the game your objective is "Kill Strelock" but it is easy to forget about this once your PDA is cluttered up with a whole bunch of other quests.

For most of the game the various parts of the Strelock quest will be in places you'll visit anyway. But near the end of the game the Strelock quest requires you to backtrack to the beginning Cordon level to have a conversation with someone.

The game will intentionally try to distract you away from this and it will seem like your next major objective is to team up with some dudes and head to Pripyat and the nuclear plant. But Pripyat is a point of no return. Eventually the Strelock questline will have an objective to find Strelock's hotel room in Pripyat.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is OGSE compatible with AA?

What are some good weapons mods for SoC?

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

mynameisbatman posted:

From now on I'm hitting quicksave every chance I get.

Here's a tip - not only do you want to autosave frequently (and when you KNOW you aren't about to get headshot or ambushed - man I've made that mistake before), but you should mix that up with hard saves in a sensible manner. You want to have saves from hours ago that you can jump back to as there's nothing worse than either breaking a quest chain because you shot someone way earlier, or being 3 hours down in a lab and realising you should have brought a lot more ammo and now you're dead and your last quicksave was only 10 minutes ago and you're just as dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Installed OGSE. Crashes on start up with 'Entry Point Not Found'. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll permanent gently caress my game like misery did.