Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Only bad thing about throwing them, is they have a chance at vanishing when they land by the thumper, but the counter not picking it up. I've failed many thumpers from people doing long distance throws and having them not be counted until too few were left to fix the thumper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Wulfling posted:

Only bad thing about throwing them, is they have a chance at vanishing when they land by the thumper, but the counter not picking it up. I've failed many thumpers from people doing long distance throws and having them not be counted until too few were left to fix the thumper.

I've had this happen before, I caught that something funny was going on after the first three payloads weren't applying to the objective; Still had enough to finish it off at least.

Edit: I've been holding off on playing the game for the past short while- Same goes for grinding frame XP or for Crystite to take advantage of the Redbean Bitcoins (With that hard cap you may as well buy, the price can only go up and there is no tax on it). Just got tired to trying to "Run to the next open door before Red5 closes it", a mini marathon in itself trying to find and keep up the most efficient things before they adjust it to keep everything a flat rate.

JonusRockweller fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 9, 2014

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
It seems stupid and makes no sense but it always seems to 'count' if I'm looking at the Thumper when it absorbs the thrown piece. I can't see why this would make any difference at all but it's my little superstition.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Wish I thought to check here earlier, did not think Goons would have a Firefall presence until I saw one in game the other day. Got a 40 Recon and was enjoying it until I found the majesty of the Arsenal. Explosive death AoE for errybody!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Feonir posted:

Explosive death AoE for errybody!
Yeah, Firecat is pretty great. :smug:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Ralith posted:

Yeah, Firecat is pretty great. :smug:

Lies and slander.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I joined in on some Thumper in BP last night, got some epic level 40 weapon that sold for more credits than I've ever had at once. :jebstare:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Fina posted:

I joined in on some Thumper in BP last night, got some epic level 40 weapon that sold for more credits than I've ever had at once. :jebstare:

That's normal. Just sell purpz, get cheap blues. The difference is like 18k credits and 2 power rating.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Morglon posted:

That's normal. Just sell purpz, get cheap blues. The difference is like 18k credits and 2 power rating.

Yea just the other day I spent a few thousand credits to kit out my 40 engineer in all blues and got the power level up to like 920 before It dawned on me that all purples gets you like 990 or something...so you're going to spend hundreds of thousands on research points and CY, tens of thousands of credits, farm mats for days\weeks, all for like 50 or less additional power rating.

I felt instantly deflated.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

xxEightxx posted:

Yea just the other day I spent a few thousand credits to kit out my 40 engineer in all blues and got the power level up to like 920 before It dawned on me that all purples gets you like 990 or something...so you're going to spend hundreds of thousands on research points and CY, tens of thousands of credits, farm mats for days\weeks, all for like 50 or less additional power rating.

I felt instantly deflated.

I have my recluse at 959 using mostly blues with a mix of purple abilities I landed in drops and purple modules from pilot tokens and the warfront instance. Just play with your 40 for a bit and you'll get the higher power rating without having to spend all the time for crafting or stockpiling credits. Hell, I got 2 purples and a lot of blues from just one warfront mission over the weekend.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Bait and Swatch posted:

I have my recluse at 959 using mostly blues with a mix of purple abilities I landed in drops and purple modules from pilot tokens and the warfront instance. Just play with your 40 for a bit and you'll get the higher power rating without having to spend all the time for crafting or stockpiling credits. Hell, I got 2 purples and a lot of blues from just one warfront mission over the weekend.

Anyone interested in arranging a goon only warfront run this weekend? There are some fun shenanigans we can get in to.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

What's the theoretical maximum power level, say with all purps and maxed mods in everything?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

N is for Nipples posted:

What's the theoretical maximum power level, say with all purps and maxed mods in everything?

1000. Sitting at 975 with my Bastion because gently caress figuring out which HKM group to research to get what I want, then farm for hours to improve an ability I barely use and then wasting my precise banked time on it.

I'll probably be playing ArcheAge all weekend but if poo poo goes down and someone messages me I'd be down. I'm always hanging out in STO chat or just add me on steam with the same name as here or whatever.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 10, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

xxEightxx posted:

Anyone interested in arranging a goon only warfront run this weekend? There are some fun shenanigans we can get in to.
Sounds fun. Farming the gate on the AA gun stage, for example. Some time on Saturday?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Morglon posted:

1000. Sitting at 975 with my Bastion because gently caress figuring out which HKM group to research to get what I want, then farm for hours to improve an ability I barely use and then wasting my precise banked time on it.

I got a purple Charged Anti-Personnel Turret from a drop and I've usually preferred APT overall, but I don't think I've given Fortify a solid chance and I intend to soon.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

N is for Nipples posted:

I got a purple Charged Anti-Personnel Turret from a drop and I've usually preferred APT overall, but I don't think I've given Fortify a solid chance and I intend to soon.

Using the turret too but it really doesn't matter much at all. I guess turret is better for Necronus and the like and fortify is better for doing solo S3 thumping but I usually just forget about HKM even on the frames where they're actually good for what I'm doing.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Morglon posted:

Does purple gear with prefixes get the equivalent of the buff from the purple module with the same name? If so, that can still be worthwhile; some purple modules are a pretty big jump.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Ralith posted:

Does purple gear with prefixes get the equivalent of the buff from the purple module with the same name? If so, that can still be worthwhile; some purple modules are a pretty big jump.

Purple gear with a prefix will be the same as blue gear with the same prefix if I'm remembering correctly. The only thing that changes is the power rating but yes, prefix gear is loads better than non prefix gear.

CaptainCanada
Mar 14, 2011

Shto?

xxEightxx posted:

I'm absolutely down for that, Saturday would work for me as well

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Morglon posted:

I don't think 1000 is achievable (maths?), unless there are mods\items out there that exceed the normal power rating of purple level 40 items. Cant speak to the hc bwa, kana, or bc items tho, so maybe?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Morglon posted:

I'll probably be playing ArcheAge all weekend but if poo poo goes down and someone messages me I'd be down. I'm always hanging out in STO chat or just add me on steam with the same name as here or whatever.

Not 1000.

985 is the current limit, fully epiced in all available slots.

I know because I've scraped my way there on my Cat. So many credits. So much time.

And yea - on a blue vs purp of similar prefix, say for a weapon, you're looking at a difference of a dozen or so DPS and 2 power rating when all is said and done.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

985 is the current limit, fully epiced in all available slots.

Necros have +2 PR don't they?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

DarkDobe posted:

And yea - on a blue vs purp of similar prefix, say for a weapon, you're looking at a difference of a dozen or so DPS and 2 power rating when all is said and done.
Welp, guess I should've sold my purple afterburner rather than slotting it.

Relatedly, is anyone else having trouble selling non-bound gear that they've put modules in? It pops up an empty error dialog every time I try. This has happened with stuff I've bought off the market, using only modules I've bought off the market, so I know it's not bound to me.

e: typo

Ralith fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Sep 10, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Ralith posted:

Welp, guess I should've sold my purple afterburner rather than slotting it.

Relatedly, is anyone else having trouble selling non-bound gear that they've put modules in? It popus up an empty error dialog every time I try. This has happened with stuff I've bought off the market, using only modules I've bought off the market, so I know it's not bound to me.

If you equip an item I think it is bound to you, even though it doesn't say bound. The (blank)error you receive I believe is a reflection of that.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

xxEightxx posted:

If you equip an item I think it is bound to you, even though it doesn't say bound. The (blank)error you receive I believe is a reflection of that.
Permanently? That's ridiculous.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Ralith posted:

Permanently? That's ridiculous.

That's he best I can come up with, I get those error messages all the time.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

JonusRockweller posted:

Necros have +2 PR don't they?
You are correct. Maximum power rating currently is 985, unless you have two Necro level 48 weapons. Then you gain an extra 4 PR for 989.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

Nalin posted:

You are correct. Maximum power rating currently is 985, unless you have two Necro level 48 weapons. Then you gain an extra 4 PR for 989.

That power rating sounds delicious, I was legitimately surprised that most of my frames hover between 500~800. Guess that is what happens when you're not specifically grinding for gear but everything else instead.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

JonusRockweller posted:

That power rating sounds delicious, I was legitimately surprised that most of my frames hover between 500~800. Guess that is what happens when you're not specifically grinding for gear but everything else instead.
I don't have any trouble getting up to level-appropriate power rating just by spending a modest amount of credits on level-appropriate blues. Note that it's important to use suitably high-level modules in every module slot. I keep high-level greens around to stuff in any slots I can't afford to/don't want to fill with a blue for that reason.

If you have a level 40 below 800 you can do better without very much effort at all.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
are the poison rocket launchers you can get for omnidyne M vouchers any good?

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

I'm up for a warfront this weekend.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

SamEyeAm posted:

They work, feels more like a gimmick but you have to get one just for the coolness factor.

You cant rocket jump with them though.. :C

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

SamEyeAm posted:

They're the only lock-on weapon in the game, so they're great for winning PvP by attrition. Nice for hitting chosen drones in that one stage of the warfront mission, too. As a blue 37 weapon, they're not bad for power rating, either. It's not like most classes use their secondaries much regardless, so it's a reasonable choice.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've got a rare level 40 shotgun loaded with accuracy and ROF mods and that thing is pretty sick.

I ran out of my Fusion Cannon ammo in a duel with a Recluse in BP and had to duel them with the Shotgun. Mostly I just slowly plinked their health down steadily, but then they got real close and I got real lucky. I'm guessing nearly all of the pellets landed in the head hitbox and they were instagibbed for like 50% of their health. Otherwise it's still useful for keeping damage up to sustain the Hunter perk.

I hope they tweak the shotguns a bit though. Right now the damage falloff starts at like 1m, so you'll do more damage if you're inches away from the target. The hit detection on the spray seems pretty bad sometimes too and I'll get the hit beeps but do no damage. I'd also be nice if they added some sort of alt fire mode.

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

N is for Nipples posted:

Unsure if it was a bug or not, but Fortify used to and may still actually increase your own damage output as well as your turrets. This isn't mentioned in the tool tips but it was drat noticeable if you were using the sticky launcher.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

JonusRockweller posted:

Unsure if it was a bug or not, but Fortify used to and may still actually increase your own damage output as well as your turrets. This isn't mentioned in the tool tips but it was drat noticeable if you were using the sticky launcher.

There are a lot of abilities that actually create deployables, things like long range mines and claymores, that are boosted by it... I never thought about the sticky launcher, but since its so similar to long range mines I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, now I'm curious if it works with the arsenal(?)'s +25% to explosive abilities perk.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

JonusRockweller posted:

You have no excuse. You can get yourself decked out in almost all blues via job board missions. And running the Devil's Tusk Warfront raid just once will give you almost all the uncommon level 40 modules you could ever need. I've gotten 900 PR on frames without even really trying.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Right now I am looking to kick things off around 12:00pm pst Saturday. Hopefully we will have enough goons around to run Warfront without pubbies, I will be able to run it until 6 or 7pm. If any other goons want to start things up earlier\later please feel free.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I can be there. I'm also going to hit the finale of the Omnidyne toxic event tomorrow and se if I need to cash in immediately or if I can spin out the 500 credit stims for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Highlights from todays FFL:

Patch to 1.1 on Tuesday.
They're going to nerf the jump pads to not be a form of fast travel.

• Locked thread