Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jialiangzhong posted:

From the Ep 9 of U talkin' U2 to Me...

I think I might have brain problems.
The crazy makeumup world where this lanaguage that sometimes needs param types, other times doesn't is the real brain problem. And who wouldn't define it STRAIGHT_UP_1900_WIZARD_WOLF ? It's an important as hell constant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jialiangzhong
Jan 29, 2006
smile
I was going to say that I was in a hurry, but the fact that I posted it at all meant that was clearly not true.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
They can probably do an entire episode just on the keynote and The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) (From The Ramones)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Unnecessary parenthesis (looks cool).

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
it's up!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

kidsam posted:

it's up!

Holy poo poo, that was fast!

EDIT: This ep loving rules

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 11, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I give the new ep a C+

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
It was definitely way above average, a C+ sounds right.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Really good news at the end too.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The Prisoner of Azkaban.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

kidsam posted:

it's up!

I squealed.

Actually it sounded more like Enrico Colantoni in Galaxy Quest.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Good lord, Adam's spewing dick drawing is up on the website.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Eggs medium, please.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Good lord, Adam's spewing dick drawing is up on the website.

Where are you seeing that?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know U Talkin U2 To Me is out but today's Improv4Humans is ridiculously good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Where are you seeing that?

:nws: but it's in the Episode Photos section.

http://earwolf.com/episode/songs-of-innocence/

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 11, 2014

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

kidsam posted:

it's up!

There goes the next 2 1/2 hours of my life :neckbeard:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

jialiangzhong posted:

From the Ep 9 of U talkin' U2 to Me...

string Earwolf(host AdamScott, host ScottAukerman, guest HarrisWittels, guest PFTompkins, guest LanceBangs)
{
UTalkinU2ToMe(AdamScott, ScottAukerman, HarrisWittels, PFTompkins, LanceBangs);
return "Great Ep";
}

I think I might have brain problems.

I'll say, what if they want to have more guests on someday? What if they take on another host? We could simplify this whole thing by superclassing guest and host into Performer, and then accepting a Set<? extends Performer> performers as an argument.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

This UTU2TM was my favorite episode for some reason...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

By the time I got to the first break and a U2 song started playing, I had completely forgotten they were doing a podcast about U2.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

anotherone posted:

I'll say, what if they want to have more guests on someday? What if they take on another host? We could simplify this whole thing by superclassing guest and host into Performer, and then accepting a Set<? extends Performer> performers as an argument.

Extremely good point sir.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

My favorite new bit is the Scotts doing the New Rules theme song while waiting for Adam to say a joke that will never come.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It's loving bullshit if Billboard doesn't give U2 credit for 500 million albums sold next week. #BoycottBillboard

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Help Im Alive posted:

I know U Talkin U2 To Me is out but today's Improv4Humans is ridiculously good
Maybe it's just me, but for me I'm really tired of the I4H musical episodes. It's never music I like (since it's always acoustic guitar with soulful lyrics or w/e) and they improv off of bits from the lyrics so you have to listen to fully get the bits.

I guess the real problem is that probably autistic when it comes to having to listen to music I don't like, I can't stand it. :suicide:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me I'm really tired of the I4H musical episodes. It's never music I like (since it's always acoustic guitar with soulful lyrics or w/e) and they improv off of bits from the lyrics so you have to listen to fully get the bits.

I guess the real problem is that probably autistic when it comes to having to listen to music I don't like, I can't stand it. :suicide:

I skip all the songs in the musical episodes and still thought this one was great. The short conversation after each song is usually enough I think

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I was digging this episode, but I don't know if I can listen to Scott anymore after he talked about how much he loves the new Coldplay album and "Magic" in particular. I can forgive late-era U2 apologism, but this feels like it's too far

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Scott is deeply lame, this has to be accepted. He had questionable taste back in his day, and loves all the most NPR-esque contemporary music. Dude was a huge Scritti Politti fan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs7Jy2y-33A

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ManoliIsFat posted:

Scott is deeply lame, this has to be accepted. He had questionable taste back in his day, and loves all the most NPR-esque contemporary music. Dude was a huge Scritti Politti fan! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs7Jy2y-33A

He's also an admitted ska enthusiast. But he turned me on to the Talking Heads and Prince so I really can't bitch too much.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I maintain that the most consistently funny part of each episode of UTU2TM is listening to Scott and Scott sincerely discuss how much they love U2. The newest episode was no different.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ManoliIsFat posted:

Let's keep some perspective here, Harris "Hair of the Dog" Wittels likes Phish.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

ManoliIsFat posted:

Scritti is a legitimately fascinating and occasionally good band, and Cupid and Psyche '85 is a classic, but Scott also mentioned that he loves Provision, which is their hilariously lame follow-up, so I agree that he absolutely cannot be trusted.

This clip really illustrates your point a lot better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JG_TLdPSY

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

:hfive: death to acoustic guitar-based improv

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

Billy Joel. Enough said. (Adam gets a pass due to his obvious love of REM, even if skewed toward the later catalogue.)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sounds so good!

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I had to turn the ep off in the last one half hour because they kept playing the U2 songs and saying they're good.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tacier posted:

This clip really illustrates your point a lot better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JG_TLdPSY
lol thank you very much. Like get me, I like that postpunk era just like any self music fan, and I forgive a bunch of dated sounding production. but god when I think of Scritti I think of like just a dude just picking the absolute worst sound for every instrument and that breathy whisper-singing...god it is just peak lameness to me. I may give them a second chance because of your promises of genuine weirdness.

The funny thing to me has been that 2 of the musical guests are indie rock dad-followups of 2 legendary pop punk bands: All and Lagwagon. I really enjoyed the Hallelujah The Hills songs, turned me on to them. But ya they can all be pretty obnoxious.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 12, 2014

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
ignore this: C+ podcast.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 12, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Beyond the scenes being a little weak I don't like the musical episodes because I like the broey chat leading into a scene which makes the show feel like a fun hangout with friends, which scene song break scene completely ruins.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Beyond the scenes being a little weak I don't like the musical episodes because I like the broey chat leading into a scene which makes the show feel like a fun hangout with friends, which scene song break scene completely ruins.

I agree strongly Keven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I didn't know the guest on the most recent Who Charted (Thomas Middleditch) but he was really good and this ep was good. I love the casual engineer abuse across Earwolf shows.