Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Look alive bozos, there was a new Yotsuba&! chapter!!

Oh holy poo poo! Finally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Look alive bozos, there was a new Yotsuba&! chapter!!

Oh man, does this mean he's back from his break? Because I hope it does because yeeeesssss.

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Teppu

This image has nothing to do with the rest of the manga.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's literally in an extra chapter, so yeah.

Teppu is more like this most of the time

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Eh, Teppu needs more shenanigans.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is manga similar to Tonari no Seki-kun with a pranking war between neighbouring classmates. Only one chapter so far though.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yak of Wrath posted:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is manga similar to Tonari no Seki-kun with a pranking war between neighbouring classmates. Only one chapter so far though.

Funny and cute. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Captain Invictus posted:

It's literally in an extra chapter, so yeah.

Teppu is more like this most of the time

Am I supposed to relate to the main character on any level? I like everything and everyone in the first ten or so I've read in this except the main character. The main character can bite it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Krinkle posted:

Am I supposed to relate to the main character on any level? I like everything and everyone in the first ten or so I've read in this except the main character. The main character can bite it.

The main character is the villain.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Krinkle posted:

Very, very, very later on, yes.

Early on? Absolutely not. The main character is literally the biggest rear end in a top hat in the series. She's surrounded by all these supportive and friendly people and she is the worst. (This is also why she's great but you have to get used to it.)

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Yak of Wrath posted:

Second chapter of this just went up and its pretty good. I'm hoping they don't draw out the premise forever and actually have the relationship develop.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Kubla Khan posted:

Oyaji, a manga about the manliest of all men who ever lived.

Holy poo poo, this is the manga whose name I could never recall. I guess it's easier to remember now that I actually know what 'oyaji' means. Thanks.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Ojojojo, a 4-koma lighthearted romantic fluff.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Arion

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Arion

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

toanoradian posted:

Ojojojo, a 4-koma lighthearted romantic fluff.

This was a good find. The Tsundere Quotient is a bit on the high side but I think they make it work. Nice little manga.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nate RFB posted:

This was a good find. The Tsundere Quotient is a bit on the high side but I think they make it work. Nice little manga.

I think it helps that no one actually puts up with it the way most anime/manga has people put up with it. The male lead ignores it, the butler makes fun of her and the friend character is just cheerful about everything.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

I think it helps that no one actually puts up with it the way most anime/manga has people put up with it. The male lead ignores it, the butler makes fun of her and the friend character is just cheerful about everything.

Plus she even gets mad at herself for doing it, but she has a hard time not being a pompous "ojou-sama".

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Ryuuma no Gagou

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013

Tornhelm posted:

This is a one-shot called Rec.

I only posted the first page, because anything else would spoil the manga.

wait, she lives right?

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Hayachine is a Non Non Biyori clone

Gamma reminds my of Douman Seiman for some reason.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

CrackedWindow posted:

wait, she lives right?

seems like it, she comes home to him after he finishes watching that video

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask since i couldn't see a general manga thread, but does anyone know of a manga i remember seeing about 8 years ago where a family move into a new house but they discover termites are eating the foundations or something so the dad decides the best plan of action is to throw his body under it so it doesn't collapse and the rest of the family just leave his corpse there and carry on like nothing happened?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm pretty sure that is called K-On.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

CJ posted:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask since i couldn't see a general manga thread, but does anyone know of a manga i remember seeing about 8 years ago where a family move into a new house but they discover termites are eating the foundations or something so the dad decides the best plan of action is to throw his body under it so it doesn't collapse and the rest of the family just leave his corpse there and carry on like nothing happened?

I remember an Ito Junji short where something vaguely like that happens (dude gets stuck under foundation of house, insists they don't take him out, he dies and his corpse remains there) but if I recall nobody knows why it happened.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Trolling Master Takagi-San (Takagi-san's what? :japan: goons help me out here)

It's just your average, Girl-Meets-Boy, Girl-Trolls-Boy-Constantly kind of slice of life story.

EDIT: Found a better one, and went through the :effort: to make it one image.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 9, 2014

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

quote:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-San (Takagi-san's what? goons help me out here)

It's something like "Takagi, who's good at teasing".

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Batoto has Teasing Master Takagi-san as an alternative name for it.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
How about "Trolling Master Takagi", then? ;)

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

How about "Trolling Master Takagi", then? ;)

Why not go for full on alliteration: Taunting Tornado Takagi

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Joshlemagne posted:

Why not go for full on alliteration: Taunting Tornado Takagi

Unfortunately she is not a luchador, though. Yet.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Teasing works better with the romance angle.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
Rise of the Shield Hero / Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

It's one of those "nerd gets transported to an MMO" series, except the main character spawned as a class that can't use weapons so he's utterly dependent on companions during combat. The solution? Buy a slave girl and train her into Mulan.

Eight chapters of the comic adaptation have been published. Five have been scanlated by Galactica, the other three by /a/ hivemind; stick with Galactica unless you're desperate.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT posted:

Rise of the Shield Hero / Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

I hate that a lot of posts in this thread end up being for brand new serials, I want more of this :negative:

E: :allears: Every single page with his face. The eyes. They're so good.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 10, 2014

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Emalde posted:

I hate that a lot of posts in this thread end up being for brand new serials, I want more of this :negative:

E: :allears: Every single page with his face. The eyes. They're so good.

It really is a good read. Your image sold me. It's like a darker version of the gamer with a far more jaded protagonist.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dukeofdummies posted:

It really is a good read. Your image sold me. It's like a darker version of the gamer with a far more jaded protagonist.

I'm digging it too. The jaded protagonist angle fits much better for a "trapped in an mmo story" especially one where everyone hates him.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
It's amusing power fantasy, but the whole "I'm mentally a child but my body matures faster so I look like an adult" thing with his slave companion creeps me out. That's anime for you, I guess. :what:

chami fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 11, 2014

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

chami posted:

It's amusing power fantasy, but the whole "I'm mentally a child but my body matures faster so I look like an adult" thing with his companion creeps me out. That's anime for you, I guess. :what:
Can't forget about the slavery either!

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"
Funny, the "jaded weary protagonist" parts don't appeal to me at all. Different strokes.

chami posted:

It's amusing power fantasy, but the whole "I'm mentally a child but my body matures faster so I look like an adult" thing with his slave companion creeps me out. That's anime for you, I guess. :what:
I think this is handled well, Raph physically aging avoids the superman-little-girl cliche, and her mental age lets the author avoid adding a sudden romantic element to the relationship.

The slavery is just gross, it becomes an important plot point later but I wish the author had found a way to do without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe I just like the fact that this is kinda of a sword art online rip-off, but everyone hates the protagonist also I like the early twist that all of the four warriors have to die to be sent back (or "restart" in this case) therefore they can't do anything about the shield guy with loving themselves over

• Locked thread