Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If he's playing Golden on the Vita as implied then dying will just dump him back to the start of a floor. Only Very Hard does the vanilla PS2 method of putting you back where you saved last.

Personally I found Hard too tedious at the beginning. It just takes too long to level up. The Damage modifiers are fine but they really need to be married to Normal's Money/Experience levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Persona 4 on hard for a first timer? No access to save states? Unless you really can't get enough of it I'd say there's a very good chance that you aren't going to finish this game. You are probably going to lose hours of progress at least once at some point on normal, certainly multiple times on hard.

For Golden (the vita version) getting a game over means you restart on the current floor so failure isn't exactly painful.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

al-azad posted:

For Golden (the vita version) getting a game over means you restart on the current floor so failure isn't exactly painful.

That's not so bad then. Still, I think it will be frustrating.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Going to go ahead and second the guy that said buffs and debuffs are actually useful. Theyre really useful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm playing Wolfenstein: The New Order and I'm wondering if any of the perks are particularly essential (beyond the first perk in each column, which I've already got)? I'm finding myself checking the menu constantly and tailoring my playstyle to complete each task, which isn't exceptionally fun for me; if there are no points in the game where it's like "if you don't have throwing knives/insta-grenades/double reload speed, you're hosed" I'd rather just ignore the perks completely and play the way I want to play. Is that fine to do, or will I get hosed if I theoretically unlock no more perks beyond the first in each category (i'm sure I'll pick up a few accidentally, but I'm thinking worst case scenario here)?

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty (I don't care what you think, shut up) so I'm guessing I'll be ok, but I wanted to ask.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
The perks seem totally unecessary. Just little bonuses to add to whichever playstyle you choose.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
From what I can see, perks are consistent, even if you decide to go through and replay a chapter, so there's no reason to ever worry about them, even if you absolutely MUST unlock them all. There's a choice at the end of the first mission that decides which timeline you get, and it doesn't matter that much what you go with because it's mostly minor gameplay/plot differences, and it's super easy to replay the game with the other side, too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

From what I can see, perks are consistent, even if you decide to go through and replay a chapter, so there's no reason to ever worry about them, even if you absolutely MUST unlock them all. There's a choice at the end of the first mission that decides which timeline you get, and it doesn't matter that much what you go with because it's mostly minor gameplay/plot differences, and it's super easy to replay the game with the other side, too.

That's good to know too--thank you!

I will just run around using whichever weapons seem the coolest and not look at the perks menu ever again. Thanks!

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's good to know too--thank you!

I will just run around using whichever weapons seem the coolest and not look at the perks menu ever again. Thanks!

It's worth it to poke around to see what you're close to so you can just change things up, but most of them aren't too bad. The ones that seem really hard are usually made pitifully easy later in the game. I've struggled trying to get a couple and given up, only to get them easily on the next mission.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Wolfsheim posted:

My roommate lent me his copy of Bioshock Infinite and I've played it up to the point of meeting Elizabeth and getting ambushed at the ticket station. I feel like I've got a decent grip on it, but here's a few questions to verify if all the same tropes from the first game are present:

-Whenever I get the chance to boost health, shields or plasmidsvigors, I'm just going straight shields so far. The one that regenerates on its own seems like the best bet, but tell me if I'm loving myself.
-Like the wrench, is the sky-hook pretty much the go-to for effortless slaughter? It seems that way thus far, where nearly every fight has devolved into me trying to retreat from gunfire into a tiny alcove, a half dozen guys charging me, me beating them to death and then walking out and lazily picking off the ones with guns that are hanging back.
-Since I can only keep two vigors and two weapons, which ones suck? So far I regret swapping fire for crows and can see no way to change back.
-Similarly, I dumped the machine-gun for the shotgun. A good move?
-Is the game going to be filled with ~moral choices~ where being evil is actively detrimental, a la the first one, or can I just do whatever? So far I've been avoiding harming anyone that isn't actively attacking me (the random people whose homes I break into, the interracial couple, etc) just to be safe, but I can't tell if the game cares or not.

If you get the right gear then melee becomes incredibly powerful.

It's something like: shirt of melee kills restore health, boots of kills restore salt, and pants of melee attacks cause enemies to take double damage for a few seconds. However gear is somewhat randomized so you may not get it until near the end or ever. There's a few spots with convenient checkpoints that let you reload until you get something you want but, gently caress it, that's not very fun.

You'll eventually get the Charge vigor, which is like the Vanguard Charge from Mass Effect 2/3 if you've played those. It rockets you towards the enemies and will restore your shields to full every time you use it with an upgrade, which is super useful especially if you've been upgrading shields. Charge also counts as a melee hit so it'll set off those pants and then you can follow up with another melee or a shotgun blast or whatever.

There's also a hat you can find that causes enemies who die while affected by a vigor to explode into more of that. Like if they're on fire or shocked they'll explode into more fire and electricity.

You can also combine different vigors- for example using the watery one followed by shock will obviously do more damage, but you can also set crows on fire, or set of large fire explosions by going Devil's Kiss => Charge. If you're feeling really mean you can go DK -> Crows -> Charge and wipe out whole groups, you'll be full health and vigor with that gear set, and if anything is alive you can melee it so it takes double shotty damage.

This set up can trivialize some of the hardest fights in the game...

Gun choice doesn't really matter too much. There's gonna be dry spells, and about halfway through the game switches up so that previously common weapons like the carbine or machine gun you're using get replaced by knock-offs that don't share the same upgrades or ammo. Better off putting money towards vigors or a few of the power weapons like the rocket launcher, sniper or hand cannon that show up throughout. Don't really get too attached, just grab whatever is around and move on. Generally they provide weapons suited for the area you're in if you look around.

You can also posses vending machines if you can spare the salt- I can't remember if it gives you a discount but they'll spit out a bunch of money. Hopefully you'll never need to waste money on healing items. Don't buy lockpicks, just scrounge around for them, and always try to hang on to at least one- locked rooms generally give better rewards than locked safes if you have to choose. By mid to late game you should have more than enough picks if you've been poking around.

Shields is great to upgrade, especially if you're Charge heavy. Upgrading salt is also good, since vigors are fun and useful. Health is least important but I thiiiink if you find all of them you can max everything.

The only moral choice that has a gameplay effect is the ball throwing, I think. Pretty sure you get the better reward by sparing the couple but don't quote me on that. There's also a couple spots with optional fights? One place for certain where you can see an upgrade tonic but grabbing it will start a fight the first time you see it, but you can come back later and get it then.

idiotmeat
Apr 3, 2010
Any tips for Frozen Synapse?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

idiotmeat posted:

Any tips for Frozen Synapse?
From... God, years ago (also the wiki):

General Tips
- Go through the tutorial. Then play a couple skirmishes to get used to how things work.
- Use and abuse the preview function. If you can, try to predict your opponent's moves, and see how the resulting firefights will turn out.
- Don't move unnecessarily. Stationary units have faster reactions than moving units.
- Aiming doesn't count as moving. Spin in place all you want, as long as you're facing the right way when the enemy pops out.
- Ducking makes you move slower, but it also allows you to hide completely behind short cover. This is especially useful if you need to pop out, and kill a guy, then pop back down before his buddies can fire back. It may also make you aim better and/or harder to hit, but I'm not certain.
- Cover is your friend.
- You know all that poo poo they do in the movies like have several people enter a house at the same time, cover each other, etc? Do that.
- Don't forget to cancel aim before you move again, or your guys will happily charge through the door into the enemy rear end-first.
- Never assume you will win an equal engagement. (Rifleman vs Rifleman, Shotgunner vs. Shotgunner, etc.) Always find some kind of advantage, if you can.

Rifleman
- Your bread-and-butter. Treat them well, in the right hands they can be deadly.
- Riflemen are the only unit that should ever Engage-On-Sight advance through the open, and even then, only when necessary.
- A Rifleman who is behind cover will live several times longer than one who is not.
- You can beat Shotgunners at range, but if you're both moving, he will turn you into cheese before you can even look at him.
- The effective range of a machine gun is both surprisingly long, and disappointingly short.
- If you even think your opponent might have a Shotgunner in a building, stay the hell out.

Shotgunner
- You move and aim faster than Riflemen, but your effective range is much shorter. You will be cut down at anything greater than about ten feet.
- Hit and run. Pop and drop.
- Stay indoors or behind cover if you can. Open terrain is just asking to get blindsided by a Rifleman.
- When you do move through the open (it happens), make sure you're standing, and set to Continue on Sight until you're indoors again. Anything less will get you murdered.
- Generally speaking, in close-quarters, you have the advantage over riflemen, but if you're moving, and he's not, it's still a gamble, so be careful.

Grenadier
- When you're ducking, your grenades will go over short cover. When you're standing, they'll bounce off of it.
- If your grenadier isn't ducking, you're doing it wrong.
- Pop a grenade through a short-cover window into a house, watch everyone inside flee into the open or turn to smears.
- Your grenades can also be used for area denial. There's no friendly fire, so get creative.
- You have no direct defense against Shotgunners or Riflemen, so stay out of their ways.
- You having a grenadier means your opponent does, too. Try to avoid confined spaces, or grouping your guys too close together.

Rocketeer
- You have the unique ability to destroy cover.
- When you're ducking, you can also hit short cover. Many people don't know this.
- Don't be afraid to crack open the wall of a building your opponent's hiding in. It'll deny him cover, and you might just get lucky and take someone out in the blast.
- Keep near short cover, but stay the hell away from full walls, unless you want to get blown the hell up.
- Duck behind cover, pop up, fire, and duck again. There is literally no advantage to keeping your rear end hanging out in the open.

Dark Elimination
- These tips also hold for other game types, but since Dark Elimination is the most-played by far, they're under this section.
- Never have anyone move alone into a building unless you're absolutely certain you know where the enemy is.
- If you don't know where an enemy unit is, always assume the worst.
- If you can't see an enemy at this very moment, you don't know where he is. Even if you saw him 0.2 seconds ago.
- It is very possible to take out an entire team with one guy. Never give up, and never get cocky.
- After about 6-8 turns, the game will end, awarding victory to whoever has the most guys left. Turtling is effective, but no one will ever play with you again.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Flint_Paper posted:

I picked up Persona 4 for the Vita recently. I'm playing it on hard because I seem to recall someone saying that it's a good idea. Apart from the three-month wait to actually get to the goddamn dungeons, is there anything else that I should know?

A couple more tips,

- Go out of your way to get a Persona of the same Arcana as the S. Link people you hang out with. Having any persona of the same Arcana will vastly reduce the number of non-event hang-outs you need to do before you get an event hang-out that bumps up the rank of your S. Links.

- The two first dungeons are going to be the worst ones in the game, just because you won't have a whole lot of abilities to work with at this point and you won't have the Fox or be able to realistically afford its SP-restoring services yet. For dungeon-crawling, try to fuse a couple persona that get all 4 basic elemental skills: Garu (wind), Zio (lightning), Agi (fire), and Bufu (ice). For bosses, you'll really want a good persona with debuffs, especially Rakunda for debuffing defense and Sukunda for debuffing evasion/hit rate. Defense/attack/hit/evasion stats cover both physical and magical attacks in P4.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 9, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not quite done with it yet, but there are a few things regarding Valkyria Chronicles 3 that I would also add to the wiki:

-While each character has two classes they excel at some can be actively detrimental to put in them because of their base stats. Valerie for example has way too little HP to warrant staying on as a Scout. You should try to be very picky with Scouts in particular, as low HP there means they die almost instantly from interception fire even with Defense Boost on them. Instead lean heavily on Riela and Alfons early on in the game and work Shin and Frederica into the fold once you get them.

-Only three characters in the game excel at Gunner, and only one has really high HP (Cedric). Although it would be nice to have another high-HP Shocktrooper you kind of want to have at least one really great Gunner for defending bases so I'd recommend keeping him at Gunner.

-Riela gets a potential after chapter 9 that makes her pretty useless because she'll have a chance to simply stop in her tracks when her AP is drained halfway. It goes away after chapter 16.

-On that note, Zahar sucks for pretty much the same reason except his potential never goes away. Use him only for defending bases.

-I have no idea what the limits are for training, and after dumping 100+ hours into the game I never hit any so they may as well be limitless. You might as well use Orders as the limits, which would be: Durability Level 40, Accuracy Level 24, Evasion Level 27, and Anti-Armor Level 16 (I forget what the levels are for Anti-Personnel, Defense, and Resistance but you'll get them before you get the final AA order).

-The best missions to grind are ones where you have to capture a single enemy base, because often you can complete them very quickly with a Defense Boost-ed Scout. The free mission in Chapter 3 in particular is outstanding in the early game.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not quite done with it yet, but there are a few things regarding Valkyria Chronicles 3 that I would also add to the wiki:

-While each character has two classes they excel at some can be actively detrimental to put in them because of their base stats. Valerie for example has way too little HP to warrant staying on as a Scout. You should try to be very picky with Scouts in particular, as low HP there means they die almost instantly from interception fire even with Defense Boost on them. Instead lean heavily on Riela and Alfons early on in the game and work Shin and Frederica into the fold once you get them.
The best Scouts early are anyone who gets Strong-Willed, even if it's not their specialty. Once you get Anti-Intercept nearly anyone can run around thanks to the way the game calculates it - instead of halving damage taken, it halves enemy attack power, meaning nearly all enemies will do 1 damage per hit with interception fire. Strong-Willed is probably my favorite potential in the game!

I'd also say that Gunners are unnecessary thanks to interception fire just being deadlier overall. A good Shocktrooper, especially with some of the better Ace weapons, can hold a base easily and is actually useful on offense as well.

e: yeah I actually wrote some stuff on this when I played it but which never got added to the wiki:

theshim posted:

A few more things to note about Valkryia Chronicles 3 now that I've finished it (thanks Cake Attack):

- You really want one Engineer Elite. They get the ability to play instruments which buff allies. The thing is that the highest level upgrades of these, which are accessible reasonably early, boost two stats that are impossible to boost otherwise: range and shots in a clip. These, in addition to the other stat boosts they grant, make buffed units absurdly deadly. It's around a 35% boost on shots, so shocktroopers get 27 shots, and snipers with the 3-shot rifles get 4. A good strategy is to just have them pop out and buff your deployed guys at the beginning of each mission; they get huge boosts in killing power.

- You can only get one of each ace weapon now. This sucks, because many of them are ridiculous.

- Interception fire hurts. Strong-Willed or Anti-Intercept are really useful potentials, often taking interception fire down to 1 damage thanks to the way it's calculated (they halve attack power rather than damage dealt). A Scout Elite with the Tank Vest (+20 to all defenses) and Anti-Intercept is damned hard to kill a lot of the time. Margit is a Lancer who gets Strong-Willed, making her a very good candidate for taking out tanks by running straight around them.

theshim fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 9, 2014

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I kind of want to say that Anti-Intercept hasn't been all that helpful in the endgame; my Scouts still go down very fast even with it activating + Defense Boost unless they have the Tank Vest.

As for Margit, she better pray Strong Willed activates because she has so little HP she'll be dead in seconds.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Nate RFB posted:

I kind of want to say that Anti-Intercept hasn't been all that helpful in the endgame; my Scouts still go down very fast even with it activating + Defense Boost unless they have the Tank Vest.

As for Margit, she better pray Strong Willed activates because she has so little HP she'll be dead in seconds.
Postgame enemies, especially turrets and heavy armors, can be a threat, but for the vast majority of the game I found Strong-Willed/Anti-Intercept to be very useful and with an excellent chance of activating (usually within the first three or four bullets). To really capitalize on them you want the Tank Vest or next best thing on these units, but short of the very hardest stuff it's quite effective.

There was also one more thing I wanted to add:

- The three main characters get special SP abilities later on in the game. What the game does not mention is that using these refills the character's health, ammo, and movement for that turn. You can have Riela move two or three times until the game's AP penalty kicks in, then use her SP ability and have her move her maximum movement range. For this reason, as well as her higher relative durability, Riela in particular is best left as a Scout.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I'm gonna be diving into Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 (The room) most likely in that order. Anything I should know, without spoilers?

Razor Jacksuit
Mar 31, 2007

VEES RULE #1

Skilleddk posted:

I'm gonna be diving into Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4 (The room) most likely in that order. Anything I should know, without spoilers?

You don't always have to kill every enemy. Running away is often the best choice. 4, in particular, has some enemies that are invincible for most of the game. And since the controls can be janky, I often like to set combat difficulty lower than puzzle difficulty, in those games where the option is available.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
On that note you should probably not set Puzzle difficulty on the highest either unless you're literally playing with Professor Layton sitting next to you, some of them get downright cruel.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'd say SH2 is doable on hard if you take notes but SH3 requires knowledge of Shakespeare and really obscure leaps of logic to solve some of its puzzles.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Anything about the FEAR (1 2 and 3) series?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Skilleddk posted:

Any reason you are skipping Silent Hill 1? Silent Hill 3 references it quite a bit.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Shoot shoot shoot pew pew.

You can ignore the first game's expansion packs as they're unofficial sequels before Monolith got the license back. I would skip the second game but the third one is pretty good and references it a bit so play them until you hate them then stop.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The Iron Rose posted:

Search everywhere: the game loves leaving weapon caches, armour, reflex/health boosters and backstory in the weirdest places. I'd recommend getting a list of where the boosters are, at least, some of them are annoying.

Also don't get too attached to the shotgun in the first game, because it gets nerfed to hell and back in the sequels. Other than that, shoot mans in faces while laughing.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Any reason you are skipping Silent Hill 1? Silent Hill 3 references it quite a bit.

Don't have a PS1 :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

Don't have a PS1 :(

How are you playing the PS2 games?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

al-azad posted:

How are you playing the PS2 games?

On a PS2 slim, I heard it's not backwards compatible. And I don't have SH1 either

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

On a PS2 slim, I heard it's not backwards compatible. And I don't have SH1 either

There's a short list of incompatible games. But you should definitely play the original before the third game as it's a direct sequel. SH2 and The Room stand on their own.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

al-azad posted:

There's a short list of incompatible games. But you should definitely play the original before the third game as it's a direct sequel. SH2 and The Room stand on their own.

Ooh thanks I'll try to track it down then

Anyone know how Warhammer: Dark Omen is on PS1? or Diablo 1?

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I've just picked up Amnesia on the humble bundle and I'd like to know if there's anything specific I should know, or whether I should simply plow onwards?

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

Skilleddk posted:

They're PC games which received a graphical downgrade for the PS1. Dark Omen's sprites became fairly muddy, so you may have trouble distinguishing "goblin infantry" from "goblin archers" at-a-glance (unless you're really good at recognizing their standards, which I definitely wasn't). Diablo got darker, the animations were simplified, and the draw-distance was reduced - so you'll occasionally get sniped by offscreen baddies. I have no idea whether PS2 emulation would ameliorate any of these problems.

Neither game was originally designed for a gamepad and so they have control issues. Dark Omen has the standard RTS problem: "it's technically possible to play this game without a mouse but why would you ever want to?" Diablo uses a cursorless direct-movement-control approach (with auto-aiming for projectile attacks) and employs button combos as a substitute for the missing keyboard hotkeys.

They're both functional games, but your leisure time would be better spent on a modern successor (e.g. Dawn of War, Path of Exile) or the PC originals (if you're on some kind of retro/nostalgia kick and you're willing to track down fanmade compatibility patches in order to get the games running on a modern PC).

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

al-azad posted:

Silent Hill 2 was apparently inspired by the book Crime and Punishment.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Be warned that Diablo 1 for play station will also take up your entire memory card

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

al-azad posted:

There's a short list of incompatible games.

I have a slim model and play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on it all the drat time. I've never had a problem. :shrug:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I have a slim model and play Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo on it all the drat time. I've never had a problem. :shrug:

Frequently it just means that there might possibly be minor issues and tech support isn't going to fix it for you. It doesnt always mean it flat out won't work.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Skilleddk posted:

Ooh thanks I'll try to track it down then

We do retro gaming nights at my house and just recently dove back into Diablo on PS1. It's couch co-op, which is a plus, and we reason that the low draw distance makes the game spookier. It's also bullshit when you get sniped off-screen, but there's no hardcore and most players know to leave their gold at the town. I'd say it's worth it for the nostalgia/couch co-op, but copies go for like $40+. I luckily still have mine from when I bought it for like $8 years ago.

I liked Dark Omen back in the day but it plays like rear end. RTSs with controller schemes are pretty rough.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

theshim posted:

e: yeah I actually wrote some stuff on this when I played it but which never got added to the wiki:

I added both of your tips to the wiki.

If any of them contradict, let me know because I just threw all of it in there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

If you get the Blood to Salts gear, you can essentially spam vigours all the time. It also makes the game incredibly easy, so watch out for that.

As for good vigours, electricity was my go-to from start to finish. Upgraded, it lets you electrocute entire waves and pop heads with impunity. If you throw multiple traps, lightning arcs between them, causing even more fun. It's basically the best plasmid in the game.

And with weapons, you're going to be going through feast-or-famine periods with all of them. I think the shotgun, carbine, pistol and machine gun are the most plentiful, so you'll really want to get used to them. Upgrading them (maybe bar the pistol) should probably be your priority as well, simply based on how plentiful they are. I'd also upgrade the hand cannon as well, but that's just because the thing's so drat powerful, it can one-shot anything bar endgame enemies with an upgrade.

Thanks for this. I actually used Blood to Salts, the one that restores health when you melee people to death, the one that lets you melee from like ten feet away, the electric melee, and the fully upgraded Charge power to pretty much bounce around the room like a Mass Effect Vanguard, constantly getting my health, shield and vigors regenerated as I pinball about smacking people in the face. I don't even bother using guns anymore unless a robot (or a g-g-g-g-ghost mom) pops out, it's ridiculously overpowered. Almost moreso than the wrench, which I didn't think was possible.

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I might have missed it searching the website/thread but anything on The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing?

If it matters I'm going to play it with two other people and we own the extra classes DLC.