Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Samus' white suit is pretty amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I, however, think the 3DS version looks great.

I am happy, you are not. I win, you lose. Smash me.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The 3DS smash bros graphics are really loving good for a handheld device.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bonzibuddy64 posted:

So the dude who leaked the Koopalings being playable as Bowser Jr alt skins when the ESRB leak came out made another post I guess, about Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo and Chorus Men being unlocked from connecting the 3DS game to the Wii U game:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=129524882&postcount=14153

Imagine all the people buying Wii Us just to get Ridley

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

bonzibuddy64 posted:

So the dude who leaked the Koopalings being playable as Bowser Jr alt skins when the ESRB leak came out made another post I guess, about Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo and Chorus Men being unlocked from connecting the 3DS game to the Wii U game:

Considering the folks in Japan with those Cyber Gadget things, if this is true I can't imagine it'll be more than a few days before this can be confirmed or denied.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

How Rude posted:

The 3DS smash bros graphics are really loving good for a handheld device.

Yeah they are

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

bonzibuddy64 posted:

In the expanded Mario universe, King K. Rool is the most recurring boss behind Bowser himself. Nice try.

You had a nice run, but you slipped up and made this post far too obvious.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I want this to be true because it fits my pet theory of characters being delayed so they can get the 3DS version out the door, or motivate people to buy both versions, and explains the CSS funkyness.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I unironically think the 3DS version looks pretty bleh just because of the controls and am only getting it to tie me over until the WiiU one since I'll still get $40 of entertainment out of it + the soundtrack promotion is neat. The WiiU game looks good though, obv.

Soundtrack promotion?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I could totally see Nintendo doing this, expect with no Ridley.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Dixie, Ridley, Mewtwo and Chorus Men being unlocked from connecting the 3DS game to the Wii U game

Ah yes, just like all those other nintendo games.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Chaltab posted:

2007 actually. He was the antagonist of DK: Jungle Climber
Oh. I guess I learned something today.

I also remembered something today: the last game Ridley was involved in. K. Rool may be less relevant these days, but at least he wasn't involved in that. :smugjones:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

everythingWasBees posted:

Soundtrack promotion?

iirc if you register both versions of the game to your Nintendo account on their website you get a 2-disk soundtrack.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Just pack away all your seething rage into your villager pocket, and release it twicefold when Project M adds those characters.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

everythingWasBees posted:

Soundtrack promotion?

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Atoramos posted:

To be fair there's not really a game like SSB that could do this

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Atoramos posted:

I hope you didn't throw your Cable Connector away.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

If you don't think Kaptain K. Rool owns and would be cool in the game you're p. much insane

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

right, Club Nintendo is a thing
i can't register my 3ds though 'cause i lost the serial code :(

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Oxyclean posted:

I want this to be true because it fits my pet theory of characters being delayed so they can get the 3DS version out the door, or motivate people to buy both versions, and explains the CSS funkyness.

Considering all the rumors and leaks we've been hearing from sources about Chorus Men being in the game, who have always been right with their predictions/leaks, I believe that it's real

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Definitely fake, you should let this one go, along with your Nintendo game systems.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Atoramos posted:

To be fair, most Nintendo games don't have two versions of the same game being released on the Wii U and 3DS like Smash bros.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
They just WON'T give up on loving Ridley

look in Smash Bros kicking people in the face with missiles is basically a sport, the whole thing is that whenever someone dies they're just turned into a trophy and patted back to get them back in the ring

It frankly makes zero sense for Ridley to have sportsmanship, he wouldn't just stand there doing a silly dragon clap when he loses, he'd go over there and tear the winner's head off

It'd honestly make more sense for Giygas to be playable in a Mario Kart add-on

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

e: nevermind

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

oddium posted:

If you don't think Kaptain K. Rool owns and would be cool in the game you're p. much insane

The secret to Smash is: all characters would be cool

even that one you don't like

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Anyone who's still telling themselves that Ridley is in the game and we'll get him when the Wii U version is released... well, they're setting themselves up for needless extra pain when he appears as a hazard.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Atoramos posted:

Wasn't there a UI picture with a "Wii U" button from one of the pics of the day? I imagine it probably syncs customization stuff.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

Anyone who's still telling themselves that Ridley is in the game and we'll get him when the Wii U version is released... well, they're setting themselves up for needless extra pain when he appears as a hazard.

I hope every leak is true except for the Ridley one.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
We should find out if it's true it not pretty quick once people with hacked firmware get a hold of it and dump the models or find the dlc placeholders.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
In 3034, the new Smashverse 45 comes out, cyborg fans make their digivoices heard "WE WANT RIDLEY"

Sakurai's 45th clone: "no"

And the databases start chattering madly...

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What the hell does Gema have to do to unlock Rob!?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I unironically think the 3DS version looks pretty bleh just because of the controls and am only getting it to tie me over until the WiiU one since I'll still get $40 of entertainment out of it + the soundtrack promotion is neat. The WiiU game looks good though, obv.

I've been trying to imagine playing Smash on a 3DS by holding it and "pretending" but the more I do it the more I feel like it actually won't be a terrible thing to control. The analog stick in particular feels promising in this context and the buttons feel like they'll handle quick inputs well. I'd like to put grab on one of the two jump buttons, I think I'll have Grab on north, normals on west, specials on east and jump on south (I can never remember which button is what except for a Playstation) but I think it's gonna be okay.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i want to see what the new characters look like on wii u.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Rhonne posted:

To be fair, most Nintendo games don't have two versions of the same game being released on the Wii U and 3DS like Smash bros.

MH3U does let you connect your 3DS and WiiU together. Of course you gotta jump through hoops and really it's a pain in the dick but it does work. Locking four characters behind buying the game twice is a very un-nintendo thing to do though so I'll be surprised if it's true.

oddium posted:

The Kaptain would have been an incredible addition but I never thought for a second it would happen. I don't even care much for Mewtwo myself but I'll admit if they added him, Dixie, Chorus Bros and Ridley I'd be a lot happier with the roster if only because it adds more non-anime bros to smash.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Atoramos posted:

Well, Metroid Prime and Fusion. And the Pokemon Stadium games kinda, you could get a Surfing Pikachu and Amnesia Psyduck. I think there was also something with one of the Mario Golf games, I think you could level characters on one and transfer the progress.

But yeah, this seems unlikely. I guess we'll know when people start poking at the files.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Countblanc posted:

Yeah they are
Seriously I'm amazed that the game looks as good as it does. This is the same system where the developers of FEA were concerned that giving characters feet would be too taxing on the hardware.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rhonne posted:

You have to give Sakurai your social security number.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Time to grind out the 1v1 games i guess now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

i want to see what the new characters look like on wii u.

They might do an announcement trailer on Friday during the Treehouse, you never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

• Locked thread